Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:41 am
Haru Yates

Yep just the T is the actual town the restis just the darkness around it, and whats that about it being a big area(there is going to be another map for every major location)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:49 pm
Xa44
Yep just the T is the actual town the restis just the darkness around it, and whats that about it being a big area(there is going to be another map for every major location)

It just looks like such a big spot on the map, but maybe that's just me. ...The darkness really does cover little more than the town, eh? (then again, I have no sense of scale there...) Do you have a legend of what is what on the map? (pretty sure blue is water, but what are the rest of those terrain types?)

I've discovered that body snatchers were real! Basically, they are the people who would steal bodies from graves and sell them to anatomists for disection (for study), which is the same "profession" that I suggested for Terran! *hyped because history makes it real!* They were also called resurrectionists. Long ago, the bodies were thought to not belong to anybody, but any clothes and jewlery were left in the coffin so that the body snatcher could not be liable for theft. I found that kinda funny. … Anyways, "resurredtionist" is looking like Terran's official occupation now. (How is it that I end up roleplaying some sort of thief 9 times out of 10? :p)

Also, you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but what kind of cult are you in? I'm a Catholic (Christianity) and I'm somewhat influenced by New Age religions as well. What do you believe in? (I'm just curious. I won't judge.)

Edit: I've decided on a name for Terran's mother: Yulia.  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:15 pm
Haru Yates

It just looks like such a big spot on the map, but maybe that's just me. ...The darkness really does cover little more than the town, eh? (then again, I have no sense of scale there...) Do you have a legend of what is what on the map? (pretty sure blue is water, but what are the rest of those terrain types?)

Light green is plains
Dark green is forest
Light blue is rivers
Tan is sand(beatches/desserts)
Really light blue is ice/snow(like where you live(sorry))
Brown is holes
Gray is mountains(dark is the top)
Orange is small villages
(Think thats it)

Haru Yates
Also, you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but what kind of cult are you in? I'm a Catholic (Christianity) and I'm somewhat influenced by New Age religions as well. What do you believe in? (I'm just curious. I won't judge.)

Its very small. Some of the main things about the religion is that
1.all religions come from somewhere(sorry if this offends you but the christian god is seen a a demon because of them claiming to be the only god and other things)
2. Everything is predetermined from before you where even born and you cannot change that
3. There is an endless amount of alternative universes for every single different possibly(even just the position of your hand right now(that would be the only difference between here and there))
4. As long as you made the best choice from what information you know you can make it to heaven(and no one decides where you end up)
5. Hell is not a bad place just a place full of bad people  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:15 am
Xa44
Light green is plains
Dark green is forest
Light blue is rivers
Tan is sand(beaches/desserts)
Really light blue is ice/snow(like where you live(sorry))
Brown is holes
Gray is mountains(dark is the top)
Orange is small villages
(Think that's it)

Ah, so that explains what the brown patch is. (You mean like a canyon, or a deep chasm?)

Xa44
Haru Yates

Its very small. Some of the main things about the religion is that
1.all religions come from somewhere (sorry if this offends you but the christian god is seen a a demon because of them claiming to be the only god and other things)

Don't worry, I'm not offended, although I feel the need to clarify something. Christians believe in one God (as all monotheist religions do), but it's the same God as the one in Judaism and Islam, (if not the same God of other religions, as we see our God as being pretty universal, even if that is the belief in the universe itself as a universal consciousness [which may be a stretch based on influences by New Age movements]). We don't believe that all other religions are wrong, nor do we consider all other gods to be fake entities, but we don't worship them because we don't consider them to be gods, kinda like how we don't worship angels or saints because they aren't God, and we generally don't pray to them either, (although some people do say a short prayer to a saint and/or angels for protection and help sometimes). We denounce other gods and idols (especially idol worship because we don't believe that statues and images should be worshiped; God doesn't reside in material objects). We also believe it's wrong to force our views onto others. We believe in love and respect. wink
... Also, I personally believe that all religions still kind of fit together and overlap in many aspects, (with the main golden rule being to treat others as you would like to be treated, or "what goes around comes around", so Karma). I personally believe in reincarnation--that we live multiple lives--although the Catholic church doesn't necessarily share that view.

Xa44
2. Everything is predetermined from before you where even born and you cannot change that.

Sounds about right, although our choices can influence fate. Whatever happens is supposed to happen.
Xa44
3. There is an endless amount of alternative universes for every single different possibly(even just the position of your hand right now(that would be the only difference between here and there))

This is true, in theory. Quantum physics and string theory may even be able to back that up one day.
Consider this, just for fun: what if dreams were glimpses into these alternate universes? (If they were, then I'd be a zombie hunter in one (or more), a vampire in others, and my one of my OCs in yet another, not to mention male in many.)
Xa44
4. As long as you made the best choice from what information you know you can make it to heaven (and no one decides where you end up)

Makes perfect sense to me. Christians basically believe that if you believe, then you go to heaven, but if you reject God's love and willingly sin/harm others, then you go to hell. I personally don't think anybody is truly evil, so we all go to heaven. This view may be influenced by New Age teachings, but it makes sense to me. I believe that everybody is doing their best and trying to do what they think is right. I also tend to think that people who hurt others genuinely feel bad for it, and if they don't, then I'd like to think that they have some sort of psychological illness that is not necessarily any fault of their own. (As for demons and evil/corrupt spirits, I don't want anything to do with them. Hell is for those evil things in my eyes.)
Xa44

I've heard some say that Earth (life on this plane of existence) is Hell. Others believe hell is a prison, some also believe it doesn't exist at all, some think there are multiple hells. I personally don't really know what hell is, but I do agree that it's full of bad things, (and by "things" I mean that I wonder if what is there can truly be called "people" anymore, or if it contains demons that were or were not at some point human or fallen angel.) Supposedly, hell is a place for devils and demons, but humans can go there if they choose to reject God and follow devils there.
So Hell can be interpreted as a place of punishment, a prison that holds people and demons until judgement day, or a place of purification or destruction.
I'm a little unclear about the actual details, but I support the notion that people are not meant to go there.

I'm not trying to nit-pick, I'm just comparing. (There are a lot of parallels, even if you do think of our singular God as a demon for denouncing other gods.) smile  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:45 am
Haru Yates

Ah, so that explains what the brown patch is. (You mean like a canyon, or a deep chasm?)

Yep

Haru Yates
Xa44
1.all religions come from somewhere(sorry if this offends you but the christian god is seen a a demon because of them claiming to be the only god and other things)

Don't worry, I'm not offended, although I feel the need to clarify something. Christians believe in one God (as all monotheist religions do), but it's the same God as the one in Judaism and Islam. We don't believe that all other religions are wrong, not do we consider all other gods to be fake, but we don't worship them because we don't consider them to be gods, kinda like how we don't worship angels or saints, and we generally don't pray to them either, (although some people do say a short prayer to saints and angels for protection and aid sometimes). We denounce other gods and idols (especially idol worship because we don't believe that statues and images should be worshiped) because we believe in one supreme God who rules above the rest. (That may sound like a contradiction, but it's not.) We also believe it's wrong to force our views onto others. We believe in love and respect. wink
... Also, I personally believe that all religions still kind of fit together and overlap in many aspects, (with the main golden rule being treat others as you would like to be treated). I believe in Karma and I believe in reincarnation, although the Catholic church doesn't necessarily share that view.

“I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any strange gods before Me.”
That is the 1st commandment and is basically is saying that if you don't follow ne you go to hell

Haru Yates
Xa44

I've heard some say that Earth (life on this plane of existence) is Hell. Others believe hell is a prison, some also believe it doesn't exist at all, some think there are multiple hells. I personally don't really know what hell is, but I do agree that it's full of bad things, (and by "things" I mean that I wonder if what is there can truly be called "people" anymore, or if it contains demons that were or were not at some point human or fallen angel.) Supposedly, hell is a place for devils and demons, but humans can go there if they choose to reject God and follow devils there.
So Hell can be interpreted as a place of punishment, a prison that holds people and demons until judgement day, or a place of purification or destruction.
I'm a little unclear about the actual details, but I support the notion that people are not meant to go there.

Oh yeah kinda forgot to say that part of the afterlife is being reincarnated as an angel or demon(probably important(I for get this is a thing that isn't seen as common all the time) but really this point is just saying people in hell are not suffering and some people probably like it

Haru Yates
I'm not trying to nit-pick, I'm just comparing. (There are a lot of parallels, even if you do think of our singular God as a demon for denouncing other gods.) smile

Its ok I really don't get to talk about this stuff much, kinda enjoying it  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:38 am
Xa44
Haru Yates

Yep

You mean like a canyon, or a deep chasm?

Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44

Don't worry, I'm not offended, although I feel the need to clarify something. Christians believe in one God (as all monotheist religions do), but it's the same God as the one in Judaism and Islam. We don't believe that all other religions are wrong, not do we consider all other gods to be fake, but we don't worship them because we don't consider them to be gods, kinda like how we don't worship angels or saints, and we generally don't pray to them either, (although some people do say a short prayer to saints and angels for protection and aid sometimes). We denounce other gods and idols (especially idol worship because we don't believe that statues and images should be worshiped) because we believe in one supreme God who rules above the rest. (That may sound like a contradiction, but it's not.) We also believe it's wrong to force our views onto others. We believe in love and respect. wink
... Also, I personally believe that all religions still kind of fit together and overlap in many aspects, (with the main golden rule being treat others as you would like to be treated). I believe in Karma and I believe in reincarnation, although the Catholic church doesn't necessarily share that view.

“I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any strange gods before Me.”
That is the 1st commandment and is basically is saying that if you don't follow me you go to hell

I suppose, but that's what monotheism is all about. And you don't go to hell for breaking one of the commandments, but rather it's considered a sin. The point is to only worship one God, not to turn to another when things don't go your way. (Because how do you know what's good and bad out there?)
Things have also changed lots since those commandments were written. That's from the book of Exodus, (old testament), and there's another book in the old testament (can't remember which one specifically) that said that a man should be stoned to death for collecting wood on the sabbath day (basically, you weren't allowed to do work on the sabbath because it was supposed to be a day of rest). But then Jesus came along (new testament) and now we don't do that anymore. Jesus also demolished the "eye for an eye" thing and taught compassion and understanding instead. The Old Testament also said that humans could be property owned by other people, and that's not true anymore.
(Note: I do not worship Jesus Christ, nor do I pray to him, but I regard him as a teacher, and as God's son (we don't worship Jesus, but many do pray to him for guidance [the church views him as a savior, but I can't really explain that one other than the fact that he may have saved us from ourselves by teaching us about forgiveness, love, and compassion, rather than letting us go on continuing to stone people to death for collecting firewood]. Islam views him as a prophet.)

Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44

Oh yeah kinda forgot to say that part of the afterlife is being reincarnated as an angel or demon(probably important(I for get this is a thing that isn't seen as common all the time) but really this point is just saying people in hell are not suffering and some people probably like it

When I was little I used to think that people became angels when they died. I don't think that now because most angels were never human to begin with (although there are some, as they say). Then again, they also say that not all angels have wings. The more wings they have, the higher their rank.
Most demons are said to be fallen angels, although I'm not sure if/how humans become demons. (Maybe evil spirits can become demons if they gain enough power (like a Legion, which is a demon made up of a collection of spirits that form one entity). I don't like the subject of demonology (I've seen enough ghost hunting shows to believe it's dangerous to dabble in occult teachings without being prepared), so I'll stop there.
Also, I find the fact that people may actually like being in hell somewhat disturbing, because that would suggest that there are people alive who would deliberately hurt others to go there. Kinda creepy, when you think about that.

Haru Yates

Its ok I really don't get to talk about this stuff much, kinda enjoying it
I'm always up for learning about other people's beliefs. It's really neat to learn what other people think about this stuff.  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:55 am
Haru Yates

More of a canyon

Haru Yates
Then again, they also say that not all angels have wings. The more wings they have, the higher their rank.

Kinda funny because part of stardust(name of the cult) there are 3 types of angels the kinda humans become, guardian angels, and then wingless angels who are made for fighting(the kinda alex would be closest to) and those are technically the strongest and are closest to gods(many use them as servants)

Haru Yates
Also, I find the fact that people may actually like being in hell somewhat disturbing, because that would suggest that there are people alive who would deliberately hurt others to go there. Kinda creepy, when you think about that.

Well not manny people know about that so not really(actually I know 1 guy who is like "demons are cool" and I'm like dude no just don't)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:05 am
Gah! My reply didn't post!!! (stupid internet)
Xa44
Haru Yates

More of a canyon

Aewsome. Anybody know what's down there? (Rumors or reports of strange noises? Have people tried exploring it and returned? etc, etc...)

Xa44
Haru Yates
Then again, they also say that not all angels have wings. The more wings they have, the higher their rank.

Kinda funny because part of stardust(name of the cult) there are 3 types of angels the kinda humans become, guardian angels, and then wingless angels who are made for fighting(the kinda alex would be closest to) and those are technically the strongest and are closest to gods(many use them as servants)

In Christianity, there are many ranks for angels. I can't remember exactly how many, but the Seraphim and Cherubs are said to be of the highest rank (with the only rank above them being the Archangels), and they sing, if I'm not mistaken. The Seraphim are said to have 6 wings.
As for the Archangels, Archangel Michael is one of the most well known and he is said to have a flaming sword.

Xa44
Haru Yates

Well not many people know about that so not really(actually I know 1 guy who is like "demons are cool" and I'm like dude no just don't)

Demons are only "cool" in pop culture and fiction (like in manga, where they are regarded as being more of another race that is simply misunderstood). Like, Inuyasha might be cool, but he's not what the church would call a demon. In real life, you want to avoid anything to do with that kinda stuff (so never ever use a Ouija board! They are bad news!).  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:11 am
Haru Yates

Aewsome. Anybody know what's down there? (Rumors or reports of strange noises? Have people tried exploring it and returned? etc, etc...)

That is the location of the eart element town(the darksst spot there  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:17 am
Xa44
Haru Yates

Awesome. Anybody know what's down there? (Rumors or reports of strange noises? Have people tried exploring it and returned? etc, etc...)

That is the location of the earth element town(the darkest spot there)

Ok, back on topic then! emotion_awesome

Oh, ok. I think I see it there. Also...
what are the orange dots all over the place?
And what is that light purple area on the map?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:27 am
Haru Yates

Orange dote(already said above)are smaller villages, and by light purple think you mean the places at the middle of the largest continent, that is arcane town  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:39 am
Xa44
Haru Yates

Orange dots (already said above) are smaller villages, and by light purple think you mean the places at the middle of the largest continent, that is arcane town

Oh right! You did say that they were villages, didn't you. I keep forgetting that. :s
The white area is the town of light, right? You also said that you didn't know much about the other town involved in the war, but I wonder if it was the Arcane town, since they are the closest...?

Speaking of which, any idea how many days it might take to walk to the Arcane town from the Darkness town/
(We reaaaally need to think of a proper name for these towns... Maybe "Lumos" for the light town, or "Deorc" for the darkness town?)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:46 am
Haru Yates

The white area is the town of light, right? You also said that you didn't know much about the other town involved in the war, but I wonder if it was the Arcane town, since they are the closest...?

Was thinking the water town would make more sense, actually the arcain town probably cares about dark mages the least

Haru Yates
Speaking of which, any idea how many days it might take to walk to the Arcane town from the Darkness town/
(We reaaaally need to think of a proper name for these towns... Maybe "Lumos" for the light town, or "Deorc" for the darkness town?)

2 if you cross the river 3 if you whent around  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:56 am
Xa44
Haru Yates

Was thinking the water town would make more sense, actually the arcain town probably cares about dark mages the least

Haru Yates

2 if you cross the river 3 if you whent around

Is the water town the darker blue bit at the end of the river?

I'm surprised that the arcane mages would hate the dark mages the most! (If anything, their magic could possibly be considered more similar than any other type of magic, so... wow. Really puts the world into perspective there.)

As for the amount of time it takes, I'm also surprised that it only takes one extra day to go around the river to get to the other town. It looks like going around would be like traveling twice the distance, but maybe I'm just misinterpreting something here; Is the river calm or turbulent? (Maybe it just takes longer to cross the river due to the water current or something, where it otherwise might only have taken a day and a half to reach the arcane town if the river wasn't there at all.)

Do you understand what I'm getting at there?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200