Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Why are people so against real person slash? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RPS = good?
  Yes.
  No.
  Don't know/don't care/wtfred etc.
View Results

Artie Ficial

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:42 am
Dalton Rive

I love my live action. <3

I know, I can't keep you off me.

Joking aside, I'm glad so many people have replied. heart Thank you guys. It's an interesting topic.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:28 pm
I would like to make an addition; I prefer the cartoon one's because then I won't get the feeling that I'm violating the persons by watching them... This is probably kinda stupid, but I can't help it. sweatdrop  

hejko the Platypusdragon

Hilarious Shapeshifter

SeNalove

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:47 pm
hejko
I would like to make an addition; I prefer the cartoon one's because then I won't get the feeling that I'm violating the persons by watching them... This is probably kinda stupid, but I can't help it. sweatdrop

Lol, I guess that's a much easier way of writing what I was trying to say. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:20 pm
woah interseting topic! either way i dont mind honestly.
Im fine with ral guys going at it. Though i feel a wee bit perverted whee just the other day my friend, her mom, and i were watching a moive with two gay guys. it was a good movie. even they didnt mind!  

NaneXx

11Color

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:06 pm
Well.. I like RPS a lot, and I'm also a realpersonslasher myself. ^-^; Still, there is some things that even I wouldn't do.. Somehow, slashing real people just feels more personal to me than slashing non-living people. I only slash those people who are showing that they wouldn't mind being thought of as gay; otherwise it would be just rude. ☆

Probably some people think it's kind of like sexually using someone else - usually you don't ask for their opinions who you're slashing, right? Still you make them do a lot of different things in your mind without them knowing about it at all. It's rude. ☆

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:15 pm
I'm all for the RPS. I have no problem against it and it's not like I'm telling two people to turn gay just because I like to imagine that they really are. If that makes any sense. I slash kids at my school together. It's all in good fun, and it isn't like I'm spreading rumors about them being gay or anything...
I can understand how some people feel guilty about slashing people IRL. However, homophobia I can not tolerate. If you do not support homosexuals, fine, it's against your religion/beliefs/whatever, just don't tell people what they practice is wrong. D:
Umm, so, yes, I think it is fine. <3

Nefalkarx

Aeronwyn

14,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:22 pm
I think people don't like it because it is so much closer to reality. When you're using characters from manga/anime it's just a total fantasy but when it's two real life guys there's a lot more to it. Because then you have to consider stuff like gay lifestyles and ethics, which isn't generally what you want when you've gone looking for escapist fantasy.

I mean I love slash, but I don't read fics about gay adoption or Aids and other social problems. That's real life, when I read fanfic I just wanna read soppy love stories. So I guess other people seperate the two things even more and just ignore RPS stuff. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:53 pm
I like both, but I am not sure which I like better. I suppose, as a female, I can't really participate in guy x guy stuff... although I suppose I could get a sex change, but that would be a tad extremist. sweatdrop

Of course, I really only like slightly psychopathic rps, movie/book rps, band member rps, and Japanese guy rps. I don't like supremely muscular guys (I mean, it's only natural for guys to have muscle, but I don't want some guys who obviously live on a Bowflex). I suppose, in reality, this is because these are the only guys I find attractive... I don't like American guys unless they are playing psychopaths in movies or are the members of a band/play on broadway. Brad Pitt, for instance, I find in no way attractive... unless he is playing a vampire. The same applies to Orlando Bloom, I liked him as Legolas and Will Turner, but normally, he does nothing for me.

Enough of my rambling... I think people don't like RPS because many people don't like the really muscular thing... and some just don't like real guys in general (perfectly understandable) and... well, if you don't find a guy hot, it isn't much hotter to see him mess around with another unnatractive guy.  

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sei-Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:48 pm
I think people like yaoi cause it's pretty and all fantasy! THe guys look perfect. WHen you bring it into the real world people tend to resist cause there are flaws and they don't look perfect. I like the aragorn and legolas pairing. IT has its own element of perfection and fantasy. Oh well those are my thoughts on the subject.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:14 pm
Hmm... Anime/manga and yaoi has pretty much shaped the kind of guy I'm attracted too, so as a guy who is attracted to guys I don't really understand how anybody can be for it in fiction and against it in real life. Like some of the girls I'm friends with...  

[Teh Headbanger]

Vampire_Ninja88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:11 pm
i love both XD
they're both good and great hehe
but it puzzles me as well on why ppl like one, and not the other...hnmmm....weird ppl. haha  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:50 pm
LoliBunniofdoom333
SeNalove
I wouldn't say I'm against it...no, let me rephrase. I'm completely for equal rights for all, I just don't want to hear about it. Let me explain, if my straight friend starts to blabber on about her oh-so hot night with her boyfriend, I tell her to stop. I DON'T want to here about it or see it. It's the exact same way with a homosexual couple. I don't care if you're gay or straight, it's none of my business so I simply don't want to hear about it or see it. In my personal opinion, I just get uncomfortable seeing two people ( no matter what their gender or preferance ) tonsil-wrestle.

Shounen-ai is different. I can't help it if I find anime boys so much cuter. Leave me alone, it's my preferance. heart

Hoped that answered your question wink

Same here. I dont mind a casually peck but all out groping and making out isnt cute. At all. stare Anyway I prefer anime a littl bit more. mrgreen

Not to you anyways. I prefer watching real boys because I'd just as much like to be one of them. You can't make out with a book or a drawing.... hope that made sense.  

Freudian_Slip

Kyuriusu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:12 am
meh, I'm gay myself, but I can kind of understand.

watching real stuff seems more perverted or dirty. I dunno. -shrug-

Like... I can look at all these really cool and smexy art online, but then when I come across a real pic on google it's kinda like... ew...

Not kissing of course, that's always hot, real or not. Unless the ppl r ugly that is.

sweatdrop I'll shut up now.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:45 pm
I think gay sex is the awesome.
However, real people remind me or the real world and they ruin the fantasy..  

Kimatsuhara

kyomuffins

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:32 pm
I love RPS.

I even slash boys in my classes.

And its hot.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers