Welcome to Gaia! ::

ρєтαℓѕ σи тнє ∂яєαяу (Closed / Might be revamped)

Back to Guilds

Can you find what you're looking for and can you live with the consequences? 

Tags: Love, Romance, Heartbreak, Curse, Battle 

Reply City of Obyvatelé
Good Reads Bookstore Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arisee

Dapper Dabbler

10,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:27 pm
User ImageNOAH MORENO
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Apparently not a witch by day, or by night.----At work again----With coworkers----Get to know me

A distracted "Uh-huh" was all Noah said to acknowledge her boss. The phrase "Uh-huh" was now about 50% of the words she'd ever spoken to her. Noah had been concerned about a hypothetical bookstore filled with academics asking her about books she'd never heard of, one with children knocking over display stands and daily large deliveries to be unpacked and shelved. This reality of just sitting and grunting affirmatives to her boss was much more preferable.

She started at page 24 of Steven Vogel's Thinking like a Mall for a solid minute, waiting for it to turn. Her brows pulled together. She watched the page for another thirty seconds before recalling the whole deal of this place. She sighed, closing the book and putting it back behind the desk where she had found it. Every day Noah found herself in this routine; she would wait expectantly for things to happen - pages to flip, spoons to stir - before remembering that since she had arrived in this town she was without magic. Realistically this was more of a hassle than anything else, but to someone who's whole identity was tied to their magic it was pretty rough. She still wasn't even sure why she couldn't use her powers. All she knew was that she had found a place with cheap rent and gotten a job.

She tapped her finger on the wooden counter, her fidgety nature taking over. She looked around the room taking survey. A customer she hadn't seen come in, or maybe he also worked here? Noah had only met Syndel and Sakura, but there were bound to be more workers. He looked a little distressed, but Syndel seemed to have a handle on things. The only other person waaass...

"Hey, you." Noah was standing now, leaning over the counter and propping herself up with her elbows. "You work here, right? I heard you sayin' something to Miss V about not being here. Playin' hooky or what?" She grinned at that last part. Noah had a way of ignoring social cues from people and butting into their business anyway. And while they may not always be, in this case her words were of good intention as she tried being friendly for maybe only the fourth time in her life.

Ghost254

Aeval_Silvertongue

1234boo75

OOC//  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:02 pm
【± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±】 Day Change【± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±】

November19thMonday ⚜

13 - Day Time Skip

【± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±】

Kurisuchin Saiyuki
Captain

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Kurisuchin Saiyuki
Captain

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:51 am

November20thMonday ⚜

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:48 pm
User Image
★·.·´¯`·.·★ Princess Rei L. Riberu ★·.·´¯`·.·★

mσσd∂: Tired, calm ↛ wíth: No one ↛ lσcαtíσn: Good Reads Book Store ↛ σutfít

After finishing her short rounds at the hospital, Princess Rei took a walk through the city until she found a book store. True she'd never guessed a large city such as this would have a decent collection of books for sale. However, this seemed like a good opportunity to explore a bit while she was off duty. Without a word, Rei stepped inside the building,
which to her looked like a giant library. She had on her long sleeved, dark violet dress with black trim that went down to her ankles with matching flats. The skirt had a silver rose pattern embroidered onto it. Princess Rei decided to not bother putting her hair up this time, wearing her small golden tiara and some simple amethyst earrings in the shape of small hearts to go with it. The dress's style was of an old Elvish design. 'How very interesting, I've never seen quite a collection.' Rei thought as she browsed through a tall shelf of books on history. The princess softly hummed the only song she remembered learning from her mother growing up as if out of habit. She dared not disturb the other customers, for that indeed would be quite rude.

[օօƈ]:
KawaiiYukiHime

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

KawaiiYukiHime

Colorful Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:45 pm
User Image

User Image

【Location:】Good Reads Bookstore 【Company:】--【Outfit:】Bookstore Outing

▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ 🌸 ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ 🌸 ▄ ▃ ▂▂

Taehyun pushed open the door and stepped into the bookstore. Pulling his hood off his head, he let out a sigh. After spending the past few days hold up inside, he had finally decided to leave the house today and after wandering for a bit came across a bookstore. Being such an avid reader he jumped at the chance to pick up some new reading material. As he walked around admiring the vast collection of books, he heard some soft humming coming from the other side of the bookshelf. Taking a peek around the corner he catch sight of a woman wearing a rather interesting dress. It kinda looked like something out of a fantasy novel. That along with the tiara resting on her head gave off a complete princess vibe. Which could make sense with how pretty she looked. Not wanting to get caught staring, Taehyun came around the shelf and tried to subtly stand near the woman. After grabbing a book, he looked over at her and tried to work up the nerve to speak up. "T-there's some pretty nice books here h-huh?" he said softly, hoping to catch her attention.

【Items:】Bag 【Status:】Single【Mood:】Calm

【OOC:】I am sooo sorry that this took so long. There's been a big wind storm going on the past few days and it's been causing my internet to act wonky.

Princess Zelda21

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:13 pm
User Image

mσσd∂: Tired, calm ↛ wíth: Taehyun Kang ↛ lσcαtíσn: Good Reads Book Store ↛ σutfít

"Yes, that's true. I've never seen quite so many on history before." Princess Rei answered the gentleman near her calmly in a rather low, soft voice. She looked around the shelves, as if searching for something specific. However, Rei wasn't quite sure if the kind of history book she sought was even among the ones being presented. "Find anything you're interested in, sir?" Rei asked the man, not wanting to interrupt in case he was occupied with the books to her left. Her gaze shifted slightly to glance at his face, noting he might just be a regular customer, but then back at the shelf of books before her, not wanting to seem rude.

[օօƈ]: It's ok, no worries.
KawaiiYukiHime

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

KawaiiYukiHime

Colorful Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:13 pm
User Image

User Image

【Location:】Good Reads Bookstore 【Company:】--【Outfit:】Bookstore Outing

Taehyun briefly scanned the book in his hands as he listened to her, before putting it back on the shelf. He wasn't quite in the mood for reading a history book. Looking back over at the woman, a small smile made it's way onto his face. "Well not yet, I haven't actually been in here long enough to find anything interesting. I'm hoping to pick up something new and interesting. Or maybe an old favorite that I don't currently have in my collection." he explained with a light shrug. "Oh geez, where are my manners I haven't even introduced myself yet." He turned to face her and held out his hand, "My name is Taehyun Kang, it's nice to meet you Miss." he introduced himself with a light chuckle.

【Items:】Bag 【Status:】Single【Mood:】Calm

【OOC:】
Princess Zelda21

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:02 pm
User Image

mσσd∂: Tired, calm ↛ wíth: Taehyun Kang ↛ lσcαtíσn: Good Reads Book Store ↛ σutfít

When she paused to disrupt her current train of thought, she turned to face the stranger who'd introduced himself. A small, timid smile crossed her face as she heard the man's name for the first time. "I'm Princess Rei Riberu. Pleased to meet you as well, Taehyun." Rei answered him, giving a curtsy in respect to the gentleman. He had quite a unique accent from the way he spoke. She guessed he must have came from a foreign land, like most others she'd met thus far within the city. "What kind of books do you like?" Rei asked Taehyun curiously. Truly there was still much for her to learn about building relationships with others, even if she knew very little about her new companions whom she'd befriended in StarCreek. Rei stayed quiet for a while, patient as ever to try and get to know the stranger a bit better.

[օօƈ]:
KawaiiYukiHime

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Kurisuchin Saiyuki
Captain

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:34 am

November21stTuesday ⚜

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:46 am

November22ndWednesday ⚜

Kurisuchin Saiyuki
Captain

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Kurisuchin Saiyuki
Captain

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:30 am

November23rdThursday ⚜

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:51 pm

November24thFriday ⚜

Kurisuchin Saiyuki
Captain

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

momo muni

Shoujo Cultist

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:38 am
User Image
Every day, I felt love only in the movies
Or in books or dramas
Mmm, thats how I learned love
My heart kept racing as if it was my story
My heart was pounding and fluttering
Mmm, Im so curious, Im going crazy
Ooh, some day
Will these things happen to me too?
When will that be? Who will it be?

❝ location // good reads bookstore
❝ company // amaya
❝ mood // relaxed
❝ status // single
❝ ootd // outfit

❝ ooc //

" 暁 "

Yuko sighed contentedly, breathing in relief. There were less people in the bookstore today, which she was slightly glad for. Today didn't seem to be a good day for socializing, or maybe she just needed someone to flip that around. 'Now let's see...' Her fingers danced along the spines of the books as she browsed along, looking for something interesting to read. She had finished reading everything on her book list, so now she was on the hunt for something new. Amaya flitted around, meanwhile, going through bookshelves and circling aisle as she waited for Yuko to finish. Certainly, the atmosphere was a lot colder now thanks to her.

" 佚 "

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tomlin Heywood
The Pathetic Hulk?

Tomlin enters the bookstore, looking for a new potential read, or perhaps something else. What that was wouldn't much matter to him, so long as it was entertaining. As such, he starts to aimlessly browse around the various shelves, his eyes primarily paying attention to the books to see if one might catch his eye. After a few minutes, he stops and takes one of the books off of its shelf, at which point he starts to read the back cover to see if it might be a decent read.

princess syub

Your Boy Roy
Vice Captain

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

momo muni

Shoujo Cultist

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:55 pm
User Image
Every day, I felt love only in the movies
Or in books or dramas
Mmm, thats how I learned love
My heart kept racing as if it was my story
My heart was pounding and fluttering
Mmm, Im so curious, Im going crazy
Ooh, some day
Will these things happen to me too?
When will that be? Who will it be?

❝ location // good reads bookstore
❝ company // amaya (???), white-haired male
❝ mood // anxious / embarrassed
❝ status // single
❝ ootd // outfit

❝ ooc //

" 暁 "

Well, she didn't find anything in this aisle. Yuko rounded the corner, heading to the next aisle. She'd have to be patient, knowing that something would catch her eye soon. A male with white, asymmetrically cut hair was reading the back cover of a book, his yellow eyes following the words on there. Deciding not to bother the man, Yuko searched on the opposite shelf, her eyes raking over the book spines.

It took a few moments, but she eyed one a shelf higher than her. Standing on her toes, she tried to reach it while using her other hand as leverage, but it was all in vain as her fingers barely grazed the edge of the shelf. Sighing, she gave up and stood back normally, eyebrows furrowed. What now?

'Wait...' She looked back at the male, contemplating. She was nervous to approach him, but the store employee was nowhere in sight (probably on break) and Amaya couldn't help her out unless she let the spirit take a hold of her body. With limited options, he was practically her only hope. 'I have no choice, then.' She resigned to her fate, straightening out her skirt which had crumpled during her previous action.

Timidly, she approached him, pulling down the sleeves of her cardigan further over her knuckles. "Excuse... me." Her voice was quiet, and a bit shaky, but she pushed through. "May I ask for your assistance? I... would like to get a book, but it's a bit out of my reach..." She pointed out the book, then turned back to him. Her cheeks were starting to redden, embarrassment written over her face when she realized she indirectly admitted she was too short for the shelf. Her mismatched eyes stared at anywhere except him, hyper aware of everything. This was not how she was hoping her day would go.

" 佚 "

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

City of Obyvatelé

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas