Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:13 pm
stab stab stab

"I'll have someone bring in some apple juice." The age old remedy for 'I feel faint after having my blood drawn'. Temperance shook the blood vial thoughtfully.

"And I'll have someone put my name down in case they need to draw blood from you again - which really just depends on how long you're here. I'd better drop these off at the lab, though."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:44 pm
without the rigmarole

Alexis breathed in, breathed out; felt it settle over them like a veil, the light through the waves so far above. "I thought you'd understand, Mercer. It doesn't matter what I want. There are - some things I'll never be able t'do anymore, 'cause Alois wrung it out of me. There's nothing left t'do that."

They turned for the door. "Heal up quickly."

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:12 pm
without the rigmarole

"And I thought, Alexis, that you'd be more than that." Jeremiah expected more, pushed more, and was not at all impressed. "There's no point in helping you, to pushing you, if you won't do a bloody thing for yourself first."

His fingers flicked, dismissively. If they wanted to leave, so be it. Jeremiah was not in the place at the moment to want to deal with this. Later, perhaps, when he was not so bruised.

Daekie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:16 pm
stab stab stab

"At least a day," replied Jeremiah, arm lifting and the little creature that had been helping was offered back out to Temperance. "If they don't decide longer." Not that he would be willing to stay long that himself unless it was medically necessary.

"Thank you, Temperance."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:22 pm
stab stab stab

She held up her hand, palm facing outward. "No, keep Tinkie until they decide to go off for another patient. I have Tiffany here, too." She patted her pocket very gently.

"Hopefully, if it's just one day, they won't have to draw your blood again. Be a good patient, Chief Mercer." She smiled slightly and was out the door.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:11 pm
without the rigmarole

They wanted to say something scathing, boiling, something that would hurt him - anything that sprung to mind was too impersonal. Not good enough. Worthless, worthless, nothing that would hurt. If a dog bites its owner they put it down, Alexis. I wonder what they'd do to you? (Rill would have been happy, to know she was remembered.) Every time they thought it would be alright - he kept asking, kept pushing, they didn't want to talk like this and to hurt so much - their words being torn from them unwillingly, regardless of truth -

Alexis left and closed the door behind them, quietly; and quietly did their best to forget about it.

azuredreams
fin unless you want to post a jerfin!

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff