Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[Void] An End, To All Things Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:28 am
“And just saying that he ‘did bad things’ kind of down plays ‘Hey, I nearly blew up the world because I’m afraid of dying, ever.” Zac said waving his hands. “And if you know moon -can- symbolize darkness then you should also know that too is related to phases. Let’s re-use stars then. No one ever said we can’t re-use pieces that I know of. Let’s just not make them a circle. Maybe that will help. I mean it’s starting to sound like we’re designing the white tree from Lord of the rings but who knows.”

He rubbed his temple “And before you start off on that being wisdom, we also don’t know if that was just someone being suicidal. Someone CAN be wise and still be compromised in that way. Just cutting throats because someone seems to be okay with it in that moment, especially when we were also told that we should bring them all home seems like maybe we first started going wrong with Michael and everything else got dragged down with him. Hell it could all be bullshit too but everything we’re going to try is going to have more meanings than are listed here…” he waved the book.
“Or here.” He tapped his head. “Because we’re just not going to remember them all. All of this is a risk, and as much as I hate this we’re trying to decide if it’s a bigger or smaller risk than waiting for that thing we can all feel coming.”

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:33 am
Eve

The suggestion of the moon made Eve perk up slightly -- that was something she, as a moonwalker into "the pagan s**t," could comment on, and after a few more minutes she produced another thumbnail to pass around.

User Image

"Waning phases of the moon can be thought of as a 'turning inward,' so we could use it as a symbol to encourage self-containment instead of forced containment... and of course we have the tree as our representation of magic, which can grow only as it develops deeper roots in the waning moon. Maybe a door or key somewhere could represent our focus?"

Leila

"I like the tree," Leila mumbled, unsure of herself, "As a central symbol. If Sunny is magic, we need to acknowledge magic is alive."  

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:31 pm
Juniper Wilcox

She was getting frustrated with all of the talk. People were on so many differing planes of thought that it was beginning to feel like nothing was being done.

At the first drawn idea that Eve had passed around she wasn't much interested in it. It felt....off? Unbalanced? She wasn't sure. Juniper was trying to come up with her own idea, but drawing had never been much of a focal point for her and she very much needed to scribble stuff down on paper to make a cohesive thought.

Then Eve turned out another idea, and Juniper perked up at it. "I like this one. Perhaps...the branches of the tree and the roots could 'create' the door we want. Or, perhaps, instead of a full door, we could use a keyhole and a key or just a keyhole to represent the idea of freedom, though a limited sense?" She wrinkled her nose slightly in thought as she stared at Eve's idea.

I think I do like the idea of stars representing magic though? I dunno." She was frustrated with the group and herself as a whole at this point. She was trying to come up with something that could be useful in some way.

"Hey...wait...I have something." She requested a sheet of paper from one of the many who had some and a writing utensile before scribbling something down. "I am not much of an artist in this sort o media but..." She showed the paper. "Maybe something along these lines? I am not sure what other thing you'd want to include as this is only 2."

User Image

"Whatever it is we decide to do, I think we just need to make a decision and go with it at this point." She glanced at some of the others. "Otherwise we'll just continue to stand around here and argue while, whatever it is that's coming or is going to happen, builds up around us." She referenced that growing pressure that she knew others were feeling.

cibariu1m

endejeste1r

everyone else
Behold my amazing drawing skills!!! XDDD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:06 pm
Chester Poole

Chester nodded faintly, moving a bit closer and examining the rune from what was still several feet away. He didn't step up to be the first for her to demonstrate on, mostly because he hadn't been the first here, but he didn't feel awkward asking her a question. He took a seat before he did.

"Where did you learn this? Or rather, who from? If you don't mind me asking."

the semblance of unity
chiickadee
lizbot

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:18 pm
Rabbit Vaughn

Rabbit floated out of the ether with his eyes squeezed tightly shut, certain his fall would end only when he was splattered on the metaphorical pavement. When he felt the solid wooden floor under his high-tops, however, he immediately looked around, the urgent burst of you're all gonna die hitting him as he took a step toward the group. They were discussing something and presenting pictures of trees and doors, and while that was fine, he guessed, he couldn't believe they hadn't felt that too. They probably wouldn't be having some sort of group drawing hour if it wasn't relevant.

He sidled up to Juniper, since she'd been the last one to propose a sketch, and whispered, "What's going on?" out of the side of his mouth.

Kolina

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:49 pm
Juniper Wilcox

As Rabbit came over to her she offered him a tired smile. "Apparently we need to come up with a new sigil so we can fix the damage that's been done with Sunny and the cage. Right now we're all bickering over what should represent what in the sigil and how it should be put together." Her frustration about the whole thing was quite apparent.

"So far it seems like a tree and a door or key seem to be the most agreed upon. But we need 3 and they all need to represent something." *She shrugged* We're thinking we need something for magic, wisdom or balance, maybe both, and freedom or protection." She paused and sighed. "It's getting hard to keep track of."

Smerdle

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:52 pm
"What about... this...." Zac said borrowing a piece of paper.

User Image

"The... top is wisdom, the right is, well its power, life force and I think, the ability to control and use magic, and then the left is, elements? Eve, can you confirm that?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:14 pm
Eve

"A trinity knot?" the werefox clarified, peering at the drawing. "More broadly, it's about a unity of threes. What the three things are specifically varies depending on who you ask, but it's a bit like the Triforce for some people, I suppose."

Leila

"Part of what we want is to fix the veil, so that might be in the maybe pile?" the fox's wife added. "Since, um... there's three holes. Maybe we could write down what we think all our symbol ideas should mean. It feels like consensus at least on that note's important if we're all present for the spell."

scrap paper with sigil designs so far

shield = protection
tree = magic, growth
door = freedom, trust
waning moon = 'turning inward'

Mission statement...
Repair veil and contain/mitigate abundance of magic while giving it room to grow with autonomy?

She passed the paper around for people to add to if they wanted.  

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:18 pm
Shun could not help but frown slightly at the mention of Michael. He wasn't exactly a good example to bring up, considering they had attempted to take the merciful route with that boy in an attempt to save him. And it went horribly wrong.

Drawing in a deep breath, he looked at a few of the designs that were being passed around, shaking his head at the mention of stars being used again.

"No re-using any pieces of the original ritual."

Leaning over to see what Zac had draw, he tilted his head in thought.

"Just a thought. Perhaps replace the door with a shield, possibly within the roots of the tree, with the trinity embedded into the shield. The shield would draw strength from the things the trinity represents, which in turn provides protection for the tree to live and grow," he shrugged. He wasn't really sold on that idea, personally. He did not want to rebuild a cage.

He turned towards Leila and Eve, tapping his fingers against his arm. Or they could use the trinty as a template for their three things too. Hm.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:35 pm
"You was kicked outta girl scouts?" Chel said with the verbal equivalent of a shrug before putting her hand over America's. "Does this mean we're datin'?"

Jokes helped make her feel less nervous. Even if she was focused on this glyph magic she could still hear the conversation behind her.

lizbot

the semblance of unity

smerdle

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:47 pm
Juniper Wilcox

he huffed at Shun's blatant disregard to the idea of stars like he was the say all of what happened with the sigil. "You don't need to sound like an a** when nixing an idea, you know."

She sidled over to Zac to see the idea he had sketched out, tapping her chin. "Well, I really like the door thing better than the shield idea. It fits better, I think, with what he want to achieve. As for the trinity symbol, I like it! Maybe we can integrate it more than just...have it floating? Maybe have the branches of the tree or the roots create it? That way everything is all connected in one way or another. Otherwise, I think it's a solid idea!" She grinned at Zac and gave him a little pat on the back.

Blade Kuroda
Girl can't handle bossy Shun right now. XD

endejester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:56 am
Darcie O'Hare
Void
+1 persuasion
+1 combat/agility
HP 19

Darcie was listening, but not really knowing what they were talking about. Slowly, pieces started falling into place, but she still couldn't really bring herself to believe what they were talking about. Finally, she blurted out what she had been thinking, dashing all her attempts to ignore the gravity of the situation. "Wait." The girl said, not expecting anyone to do so. It was more an instruction to her own mind. "Are we talking about changing the world? Like, the real world? The one we all, er, i think we all came from?" Darcie's hand went to her cheek, almost checking if she was still there. "And that, uh, symbol is going to be, like actually be the world now?" Darcie looked at the design, the tree with the shield, and its long elegant branches, and found that if she was going to have to live in some world completely new, a tree wasn't such a bad place. She bashfully grinned, adding, "Are there any symbols to, uh, get rid of all diseases, or, i don't know, world peace?" Darcie nervously chuckled, she did tend to turn to humor when she felt out of her depth.

not really anyone
Sorry for just blawing and not rly adding anything to the conversation >.<;;

Micillia

Dapper Duck

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:23 am
Somewhere very nearby, something clatters to the ground. It sounds like... plastic, like a television remote or something. Upon investigation, however, the source of the sound turns out to be an old Nokia brick phone. The void seems to be offering an opportunity for the crew to phone a friend.

Checking the contacts, there are three people listed:
      • Renard Leroux
      • Liam Noor
      • Ashley Graham

So really, it's more like phone a possibly murderous acquaintance.

Anyway, those three do know a lot about magic... they might be able to lend a hand as far as selecting a sigil design.

You know. If you need it.

(That awful feeling of something seeing them hasn't gone away. If anything, it's gotten closer and more awful. Awfuller. It sucks, is what's going on.)

endejester
The Semblance of Unity
u has knife
quite uneventful
u has sharpie
chiickadee
prolixity
blade kuroda
cibarium
lizbot
daekie
kolina
micillia
kitsuneaura

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:25 am
THE FIRST PERSON TO QUOTE ME AND STATE THEY:
A) HAVE THE PHONE
and B) ARE DIALING A PARTICULAR PERSON
IS THE OFFICIAL PERSON WHAT CHOOSES THE NPC WHO COMES TO ASSIST YOU.

MAYBE TALK TO EACH OTHER ABOUT THIS. WE DO GOT A MAIN THREAD, AND AN AIM BLAST CHAT, AND A DISCORD.

THINK CAREFULLY: EACH NPC HAS ADVANTAGES, DISADVANTAGES, AND QUITE POSSIBLY AN AGENDA. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PHONE A FRIEND. I JUST THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE USEFUL.  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:34 am
Shun just gave Juniper a look in response to her comment. Though his attention turned to someone he really wasn't all too familiar with. He couldn't help but place a hand over his face.

"Not so literal," he sighed, "It is going to change some things. And while I am sure there are symbols out there to help combat disease and violence, that is not our focus. We are limited in what we can do at once, it seems."

When he heard the clatter of something nearby, he whirled around to see what it was. There was something on the ground.

Cautiously, he approached and picked it up, finding it to be an ancient cell phone. And it seemed to be functioning? It was a god damn Nokia brick, of course it was functioning. Those things are nigh indestructible. In any case, between this and the sensation of being watched, he really didn't have a good feeling about any of this.

"...Someone or something just threw a phone at us," he murmured while he was trying to see the contacts to get an idea of who this might have belonged to. It took him a moment or so to read.

"Liam, Renard, and... Ashley?"

Who the hell was Ashley Graham?

Shibrogane
Just picking it up
Micillia

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items