Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Herbology II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:39 am
                          User Image
                          USERNAME HERE

【 LOCATION 】 greenhouses x 【 MOOD 】 anxious x 【 COMPANY 】 second years x 【 CLOTHING 】 uniform

Sybil walked into the greenhouses and, almost as soon as she stepped foot in them, she knew what they were going to do...and was none-too-pleased. She stepped carefully up to the pots that sat on the tables just to confirm her suspicions. Mandrakes. It'd been years since Sybil had experienced them, and it hadn't been pleasant. Once upon a time when Sybil was hiding in the greenhouses back home, her mother came in to repot Mandrakes...without knowing Sybil was there. She doesn't remember much but waking up later that day with a terrible headache. Ever since she hated even looking at the ugly little creatures, even while potted. Granted, Sybil knew exactly what precautions she was supposed to take, and her mother had since been strict about, 1. Knowing when Sybil (or Lexine, for good measure) was in the greenhouses, and the girl couldn't be in or near the greenhouses when she was repotting them...at least not until Sybil had taken a lesson herself. Suffice to say, Sybil was nervous about the lesson, even if they were making sure to take the proper precautions this time around... Sybil drew in a breath, knowing she was radiating an air of uncertainly. She chewed gently on her bottom lip, standing back a bit from the table.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
├─═▇═───═─┤ ஐ├───═▇═─┤
๓คtเl๔ค ς๏llเภร
ђยŦŦlєקยŦŦ Ŧเгรt אєคг

├─═▇═───═─┤ ஐ ├───═▇═─┤

I had a dream so big and loud
I jumped so high I touched the clouds

I stretched my hands out to the sky
We danced with monsters through the night

Matilda skipped into the greenhouse for the Herbology lesson. The Professor seemed a bit intimidating, but clearly, his love for plants made him a big softy. Herbology runs in Matilda's blood, so this class was never a threat to her. It was something that she loved, often gardening with her granddaddy and mum. This lesson, they'd be learning about mandrakes. She knew quite a lot about them, since her granddaddy grew some. She listened to his lecture, taking precise notes as he spoke. When asked why mandrakes screamed, she listened to Lionel speak up. Then she raised her hand. "The scream is a defensive mechanism. It protects them against their natural predators, the dugbog. My granddaddy and I have had to chase them away from his mandrakes before." She nodded and smiled, hoping that her answer was what the Professor expected.

I'm never gonna look back
Whoa, I'm never gonna give it up
No, please don't wake me now

This is gonna be the best day of my life

๏ยt ๏Ŧ ςђคгคςtєг
{...}

SummerIsles

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:03 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:05 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a place to stand, This first lesson, he was npt going to have them sitting. Instead, their seats and tables had been removed to make room for potted trees. Next to the trees were tools set out on small tables. His own desk and chair had also been removed, making room for the tree he was to attend to and demonstrate on, and the werewolf rubbed his forehead, knowing there was going to be quite a bit of grumbling before this was all over .

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back to the new term. As we are well aware of each other, and you should already have a firm grasp on what you learned in the year previous, we shall not go back over that. Instead, we are going to plunge right into the new material for this year. As always, any grumbling and complaints about the class will be listened to, and promptly ignored, unless you happen to be a professional herbologist. As the only one currently in this school besides myself is Professor Thorne, I would suggest you listen well."

Jason gestured to the trees before each student and to his own, waiting until all eyes were on him before proceeding. "As you can see, there are trees in place of your tables and benches today. These particular trees are called Abyssinian Shrivelfigs. If you don't know what those are, they are a variety of figs found in Abyssinia. They happen to be a highly aggressive species, hardy enough to survive even in the wintertime due to its roots digging deep enough to survive even frost. Their fruits, which are a rich purple in colour, have a variety of uses beyond being edible. They can be peeled, and their juice used for potion-making. Their leaves, when harvested, also have a medicinal property useful in many poultices. Today, we are going to trim the trees before you. It's a simple matter. Using the shears located on your tables, find a stalk on the tree before you that is shrivelled and dead-looking. You them snip that branch off at the point where it joins a living portion of the plant. Like so."

Jason picked up his dragonhide gloves and slipped them on. Picking up the shears, he located a branch in need of trimming and snipped it off. Holding it up, he then gestured to the trees before each student. "Now, two to a tree, and please do not overtrim the trees. If it starts looking too skeletal, then please raise your hand and I will look over the plant you are working on. It could be that the one you are caring for is ill and needs treatment."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: At least let this group be semi-intelligent...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:36 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
HufflepuffSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

'I don't care what Linny says,' thought Hannah as arrived at the greenhouse early, so she wouldn't be locked out. 'Professor Hill scares me.' In fact the Herbology teacher looked like one of those creepy serial killers from the television shows her parents wouldn't let her see. She half expected to arrive, and find him dining on a student's liver with a side of beans and a pint of Bitters to wash it down with. 'and they let him teach students with sharp objects.'

Unlike most of the teachers, Professor Hill went straight into new material to start the term off. Hannah went over to a tree which she thought looked pretty good, and waited to see whom she might be able to team up with.

User ImageUser Image

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:04 am
User Image
Clementine Fenwick
Minnie
<2nd Year>

Professor Hill worried Minnie, though, she wasn't sure some of her worries were the same as the other students. Minnie worried about his health. It was unhealthy to be grumpy all the time. It made her wonder what horrid thing might have happened to give him that turn. Coming into the greenhouse she spotted the trees and seeing Hannah alone she took a spot beside her fellow Hufflepuff. Smiling she asked, "You don't mind if I join you, do you?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time: 2031-2032
Dressed: Hufflepuff Uniform

{OoC: }
Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:11 am
User Image
xxxxxMordred Taylor Seftonxxxxx
2nd Year Ravenclaw

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mordred didn't like Professor Hill from the first class he had with the man where he punished the house of Ravenclaw for Mambo's 'ridiculousness'. Mordred could handle him being constantly grumpy and his threats and his intimidation act but his unreasonableness irritated Mordred. To be fair the girl was ridiculous and fairly unreasonable in her own right but there was a difference between an eleven year old and an adult who is put in a position of power over children. Mordred arrived with a group of other students and took a spot, for now, alone by one of the trees, which he began to study on his own not trimming right off and not wanting to be the first student to cross the professor by merely doing some unimaginable offense like breathing.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking: Witty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:58 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey

Hannah looked relieved when she saw Minnie approach her; she smiled, nodded, and said, "Don't mind at all. I could do with the company, actually." Looking at the tree in front of them, she soon spotted a stalk which looked very much like what Professor Hill told them to find. Pulling on her gloves, she said, "Suppose we should best get at it. Don't want to be accused of sluffing off." 'or being ridiculous,' she added in her thoughts, remembering what happened to a certain Ravenclaw last term.

mc2

User ImageUser Image

OOC:
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:10 pm
User Image
Clementine Fenwick
Minnie
<2nd Year>

Minnie smiled in return of Hannah's smile, happy that Hannah didn't mind the company and in fact welcomed it. Pulling on her own gloves, she followed Hannah's eyes to the stalk that was withered and needed pruning. Moving her hands gently to the stalk she said, "Yes, you are right. We can work together, I'll hold the stalk steady so it is easier for you to cut. I have small hands, might as well make use of that."

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:41 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location : Herbology - Wednesday @ 2:00pm

Emma’s Wednesday consisted with hanging around the Hufflepuff common room until Lunch before heading back and getting her books for the less then exciting Herbology class. Entering the greenhouse before class started the Hufflepuff noted the plants that were around the room. Turning her attention to the front as Professor Hill closed the door and promptly locked it, she listened carefully like always. Despite Professor Hill, Emma liked dealing with all the different plants. Sadly he was tough but she wasn’t afraid of him. So long as you listened to instruction you really couldn’t go wrong.

Turning her attention back to the plants, Emma couldn’t say what they were. Though she figured she’d find out soon enough. Just like she thought Professor Hill explained the plant before them was an Abyssinian Shrivelfig. She found the plant species to be interesting to say the least. It actually made Emma wonder what the fruits of the tree tasted like. Focusing on the task at hand she watched Professor Hill’s demonstration. With a smile she put on her gloves and got to work on the tree before her. Searching the plant for dead looking branches she found a few, and located where the dead part ended before snipping it off. That really wasn’t so hard at all.

With: Class...

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
A loyal friend like you?
I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:54 am
User Image
                                                  I'm no hero, you remember how I was, you know
                                                  All I ever did was worry, feeling out of control
                                                  To the point where everything was going end over end
                                                  I'm spinning around in circles again

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Rᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇ Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rhys entered and sighed, glad that this was one of the few classes that didn't have someone deciding to do a review. So far, he'd walked out of every class that had been done in. He didn't need to review what he already knew, and he certainly wasn't going to demonstrate his knowledge to everyone else either. Stuffing his hands into his pockets, he walked back toward the back of the class and lazily listened to the professor. So far, it sounded as though Professor Hill was already intimidating all the rest of the students, and Rhys just rolled his eyes. He heard the instructions for the class, but seeing as Rhys was not in the mood to actually deal with Hill and his usual grumpiness, he simply stood there, noting where he could trim the tree, and deciding that he didn't feel like actually trimming anything.

════════════════════════

Thinking: He could really drop the attitude, it's not like we aren't listening...
                                                  OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

This is where you come in
                                                  All of this to explain to you why
                                                  I had to separate myself away from yesterday's life
                                                  Please remember this isn't how I hoped it would be
                                                  But I had to protect you from me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:19 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey

"Sounds good to me," Hannah said agreeably, as she carefully pruned away the bit Minnie was holding for her. Between the two of them they do this job, maybe even good enough not to get docked House points. As she worked, Hannah noticed the white-haired Ravenclaw boy, Rhys, whom was just standing by a tree, not even bothering to attempt to do anything. She was pretty sure she'd seen him duck out of several classes already. "Well, he looks like he's in a mood," she said softly to Minnie, indicating Rhys, while trying not to get noticed by Professor Hill. "Wonder what's going on with him."

mc2

User ImageUser Image

OOC:
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:46 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxxxxx█████████ GIVE A LITTLE xxx __××
xxxxxxxxx ᵍᶤᵛᵉˡᶤᵗᵗˡᵉ xxx ʰᵉᵃʳᵗᵃᶰᵈᶳᵒᵘˡ xxx ᵍᶤᵛᵉˡᶤᵗᵗˡᵉ xxx ʷʳᵃᵖʸᵒᵘʳᵃʳᵐᶳᵃʳᵒᵘᶰᵈ xxx ᵍᶤᵛᵉˡᶤᵗᵗˡᵉ
xxxxxxxxxxxx sʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇs ᴛᴏ xxxxxxx ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ sᴜsᴘᴇɴsᴇ
xxxxxxxxx OH OH OOHH xxx xxx ▬▬▬

ᴛᴛɪʀᴇ ﹕﹕ [x]
ᴀᴍs ﹕﹕ [x]
ᴏᴏᴅ ﹕﹕ Confused
ᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ﹕﹕ Herbology
ᴏᴍᴘᴀɴɪᴏɴs ﹕﹕ Students
ʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ﹕﹕ '...Wait.. so... what are we doing?...'

It seemed as if the whole sneaking out of the castle thing had mostly blown over by the start of a new year… or at least that was what Dante had managed to convince himself of when he finally racked up the courage to show his face around school again. Sure, he was used to getting himself into trouble, but not that kind of trouble. Or at least when he did people never normally found out about it until months, or even years later. Finding his spot amongst the students in a classroom that been dramatically rearranged from what he remembered, Dante barely listened to what the Professor had been saying as he instead took to inspecting the tree. It was an Abyssinian something-or-rather, he’d read about it once in a book, but there was little that he actually knew about it, because ‘reading’ for Dante was more just looking at the pictures and the text in bold or color.

Poking at the leaves, Dante would only hear brief bursts of words and sounds that came from the Professor’s mouth before instructions were given to trim the trees with the shears provided. Looking to his side, Dante eyed the assortment of tools and items laid out in a neat row. ”Oi, Esmée…” He whispered, peering from behind his tree to make sure the Professor wasn’t staring straight at him. ”Did you catch any of that?”

Dᴀɴᴛᴇ Zᴏʀʀᴏ Bɪᴀɴᴄʜɪ / / Pᴜʀᴇ Bʟᴏᴏᴅ / / Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ / / . . . / / Tᴇɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ Hᴀʟғ / / Pɪɴᴋ Iᴠᴏʀʏ Wᴏᴏᴅ / / Pʜᴏᴇɴɪx Fᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Cᴏʀᴇ

{ OOC ;; Open for Interaction. }

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:48 pm
User ImageUser Image

ᴛᴛɪʀᴇ ﹕﹕ [x]
ᴀᴍs ﹕﹕ [x]
ᴏᴏᴅ ﹕﹕ Peeved
ᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ﹕﹕ Herbology Class
ᴏᴍᴘᴀɴɪᴏɴs ﹕﹕ Students
ʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ﹕﹕ '.....Idiot...'

Another year of Herbology… Esmée wondered how much longer she’d be able to stand this class before she would lose it. It didn’t take much for the girl to discover that she truly hated plants. She wanted nothing to do with this class, but also didn’t want to get into trouble or deliberately fail it for such a petty reason. Listening to the Professor as he spoke, the girl jotted down a few quick notes into her book before turning to face her own tree – it seemed, like Dante, that Esmée was alone for this one, but maybe that would be best. Working with Dante would mean working alone in the end, anyways, so it made no difference to her. But before she could clear her mind and begin to work, she heard her twin brother calling out to her.

With a disgruntled sigh, Esmée peered her head out. ”No. I didn’t. So why don’t you just cut whatever bits off of the tree that you think look nice?” She suggested, a hint of annoyance in her tone as she mumbled a few other choice words under her breath before getting back to work.

Esᴍᴇ́ᴇ Cᴏʀᴀʟɪɴᴀ Bɪᴀɴᴄʜɪ / / Pᴜʀᴇ Bʟᴏᴏᴅ / / Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ / / . . . / / Eʟᴇᴠᴇɴ / / Hᴇᴍʟᴏᴄᴋ Wᴏᴏᴅ / / Pʜᴏᴇɴɪx Fᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Cᴏʀᴇ

{ OOC ;; Open for Interaction. }

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:32 pm
User Image
Clementine Fenwick
Minnie
<2nd Year>

Minnie smiled happily at Hannah as she agreed with the plan and together they began to work on pruning off the dead bits of the tree. Neither were what was considered natural green thumbs, but Minnie was fairly sure they were doing alright. The tree was looking a bit healthier in Minnie's opinion. When Hannah asked about the white haired Ravenclaw, Minnie glanced over at him and frowned slightly, "I wonder too... I hope he doesn't get in trouble. I'd say one of us should ask if he's alright but..." She trailed off and glanced quickly to where Professor Hill was and then looked back to Hannah and shook her head, "This isn't really the best time to do so. Maybe we should ask him after class? He doesn't look too happy whatever is on his mind, though."

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff