Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Discussion] parent's reaction when they saw you liked Yaoi? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What happened when they found out!?
  I was in trouble
  I got yelled at
  They dont know! >.<
  They were fine with it! O.O
View Results

[.Anthrax.]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:50 am
My mom likes yaoi, too. XD

I live with my mom, only, so..

And my grandmother was all...

ASDFGHJKL';!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:58 am
My mom, she was kinda happy when i said i liked it. Haveing an open mind and all was how she came to raise me, and she liked some of the artwork! blaugh  

Bloodyblade666

lupine_ragdoll

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:52 pm
Well, my Dad finally found out. xd I was watching Gravitation and he walked in on it right when Shuichi was talking about him and Eiri being lovers. I didn't see the look on his face as he was standing behind me (I sooo wish I'd turned around to see it though!) but his stunned "wtf!" was enough for me to guess the look on his face. razz lol So now both my parents know, although I still won't reveal the full extent of my fangirlism, or else they might be a bit less understanding. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:54 pm
They don't know, but they wouldn't care if they did.  

Zahmira

~Yaoi Ninja Demon~

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:59 pm
My folks were more shocked to find out that I was gay myself, so they weren't all too surprised whern they saw me looking at some sweatdrop .  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:01 pm
Ever notice that it's always the ukes who are more obvious, and us semes get the "no friggin way!"

Yeah.. like the night club I work at, I get hit on by girls all the time but never the hot little ukes.. And though I am seme I rarely am the one to approach so.. meh..  

Your Favorite STD

meek_san

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:30 pm
My parents don't know xd But...its better they don't cause i'm sure if they found my *ahem* HUGE yaoi gallery on my computer....its finish for me!!! gonk well anyway yeah better that way 3nodding mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:17 pm
My dad probably has no idea. My mom got so mad though when she found a story I wrote a long time ago. I think that was the longest I've ever been yelled at and she called it filth. I was so upset I ripped up the story.

I know she knows I like anime, and that a lot of it has half naked guys, which shes teased me about. But I don't think she's come across anything again that suggests I like yaoi again, though I'm sure she remembers. sweatdrop

Not that it's yaoi, but I was actually upset by her reaction when I tried to explain Brokeback Moutain to her. I really got the sense my mom was more open minded then she's been coming off the last couple of years.

LadySapphire

Kittensaurex

Sparkly Smoker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:20 pm
The only family member of mine that knows is my sister... and she's about as crazy about it as I am.... almost. X3 I'm still more of a closet pervert then she is. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:25 pm
I don't know whether or not they know or not. I think they might, but I'm not sure.

I have made comments to them about certain television shows that we all watch. I remember telling them that I thought Angel and Spike should get together, and I have speculated out loud to them that Wilson was madly in love with House.

They think I'm into girl/girl, though, and I kind of am. I just prefer boyslash. But my netflix queue incldes "Fingersmith," "But I'm a Cheerleader," and "The L-Word," so I don't blame them for thinking that. They don't really care. My mum watched Fingersmith with me.

They've caught me watching shonen-ai anime, before.

Not a problem. I have a very liberal family.  

lynx wings

Keiikou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:46 am
My mom doesn't know, she however, claims to be 'okay with gays,' but... I really don't think so. There was something about the look on her face when she said it.

The rest of my family is pretty homophobic. They'd disown me if they found out. My family is pretty stupid though, so I doubt they will.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:23 am
I got Gravi vol. 1 a while ago and my mom found out about that after my brother asked about homosexulity. .__. He said that he got it from me, and I had to fess up about Gravitation. So I'm pretty sure that she's catching on to something. I also told her about a roleplay I had with my friend in which we sent two of our male characters on a date...

me: Oh, by the way, 'member that one boy I sent Ryou on a date with?
her: .... Ryou is a boy or a girl?
me: Boy.
her: And he went on a date with another boy?
me: Well, maybe not exactly a--
her: Ohhh! They both had girl dates, but they went together on a double-date?
me: ....... uh. Yeah. .__o

But I don't buy anything over 13+, or on occasion 16+, because I'M ELEVEN YEARS OLD and about DIED when I skimmed through Level C in a bookstore and came upon something graphic. WHYWASTHATTHINGNOTINPLASTICWRAP?!?!

I'm pretty certain that my parents don't mind gays though. They joke about that one saying "Gay people should be allowed to marry because they deserve to be just as miserable as we are." And my aunt on my mom's side wants to see Brokeback Mountain. She (my aunt) told me that in the car while waiting on my mom to get finished shopping and I told her that I did, too. : D <3

Tomqueen

meiyun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:54 am
mum didn't really care, she thinks it's just a phase, she thinks EVERYTHING'S just a phase. She just kinda has a small reaction and then drops it whenever she finds out something new about me.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:42 am
Two different reactions. Way different reactions.

My mother, I had just come home from a youth group for Gay/Bi/Lesbians, etc. And I was online reading a fanfic and she came in and was like "So?" And I said. "So?...What?" And she stared at me and said "Why'd you go." I shrugged and she looked over my shoulder and yelled. "That's gay!" And I laughed and nodded and she said. "Are you...Gay?" And I told her I was bi and she was like. "No...Your just going through a phase." And this was in grade 10 and I said. "Mum, in grade 8 I was pondering it. I'm bi. Bloody well deal with it." So then she spazzed and didn't talk to me for like, a week.

My dad, however, was completelly different. We were in a car and I was reading Gravi and he asked what it was and I explained so he said. "So it's a comic book about a guy loving another guy, and something about a band involved?" And I corrected him how it's not a comic it's a manga and then said yes and he said that that was cool. It wasn't his preference, but he was fine with the way I was. I was actually extremelly happy when he said that, meant that SOMEONE in my family accepted me. Anyway, that's my story.

Eskeshehir

kei-el-you-kaizer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:43 am
My parents doesn't know but I'm sure hell nervous if they ever find out! I mean, one time, my father saw me typing a story about a guy getting raped by another guy and he was like, "Raped? What story are you making?" And I was like, " eek Nothing special!" And he's like, "Hmmm... So that's what you do in the computer all the time..."

eek

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces