Last Bastion OOC Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:07 am
Interesting... though I'm not sure if Ociluce is using the old or new fluff for marine creation (old is the 'adults get turned into em, mostly IG vet heroes that earn it' and new is the 'children are taken and tested horribly and then turned into them')  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:41 am
I'm slacking on posting. sweatdrop Busy holidays and whatnot. I'll try to post something this weekend.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:02 pm
Would I be able to play the Lieutenant in charge of Leman Russ tank crew and their trusty machine?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:50 pm
All - I'm going to get a response up by Sunday. If you haven't posted already, you have until then!

Sayla - tanks are beyond the scope of the game, as I intended it. I wanted players to control a single character, partly so that I could eventually get everybody together doing missions. A Leman Russ sticks out in a number of ways. If you want to go along with the intended focus of the game, I'd recommend going with a Sentinel, or another one-man vehicle. However... if you really want to play a Leman Russ and crew, I'd basically treat it all as one character, stomping around away from the others except in a rare case or two.

So, if you want to play the tank, I'll allow it, but just be aware that it's going to exclude you from a number of events coming up.  

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:58 am
Ociluce
All - I'm going to get a response up by Sunday. If you haven't posted already, you have until then!

Sayla - tanks are beyond the scope of the game, as I intended it. I wanted players to control a single character, partly so that I could eventually get everybody together doing missions. A Leman Russ sticks out in a number of ways. If you want to go along with the intended focus of the game, I'd recommend going with a Sentinel, or another one-man vehicle. However... if you really want to play a Leman Russ and crew, I'd basically treat it all as one character, stomping around away from the others except in a rare case or two.

So, if you want to play the tank, I'll allow it, but just be aware that it's going to exclude you from a number of events coming up.

That's all I needed to know. I don't want to burden you with more than what is necessary, so i'll abandon the Tank crew idea. But are there any roles you need someone to fill before I start getting any more ideas?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:37 am
Sayla-girl
Ociluce

That's all I needed to know. I don't want to burden you with more than what is necessary, so i'll abandon the Tank crew idea. But are there any roles you need someone to fill before I start getting any more ideas?

how about a dreadnaught or apothocary  

Kamen rider Blitz

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:25 am
I wouldn't say that there are any roles needing to be filled: there are just roles that aren't being exploited. We've got a techmarine, a terminator, and a sniper posting consistently. In the end, so long as your character fits within the scope of the RP and you'll have fun playing it, go for it! smile

Things are coming to a break in the action, I realize, so I'm toning things down for a few posts: think of this as the end of the first wave. Aside from the final four orks that Galmech and Solus are dealing with, pretty much all of the enemies that I threw at you are now dead. I'm going to let that play out before going forward with a time skip.

We've now got a few people new to the RP willing to jump in, and some of the older posters seem to have fallen out of things due to life, the universe, and everything. So, the space between waves seems like a good place to introduce new players, and get everybody back on the same page.

Asmondai: I'm sorry if I treated your character poorly at the end, there. I honestly didn't know how to handle NicX's lack of activity, and things were winding down in your section of the battle. The best I could think of was that Blackmane's going off and doing his own thing for a short time, bashing orks and grots in a direction that takes him away from players who might end up interacting with him. Until we start Wave 2, your character's safe, and he's got an impressive kill-count to his name. The actual tally, though, will have to wait: I need to go back and count.

Concerning Zakkan... I'm sorry that I neglected to go over this point, but I always saw the Space Wolves as an exception to the "trained since a child to be part of the Legion/Chapter" rule. I haven't picked up their 7e codex, but I do remember that, in Prospero Burns, an adult Fenrisian man was inducted into the Legion. If I recall, a lot of their recruits Post-Heresy come from the near-dead or recently-dead warriors in battles on Fenris, playing off the Valkyrie/Valhalla imagery. For that reason, I'm going to run with Zakkan's stated history of being an adult when he was recruited.

What concerns me more is that, if I recall, one of the reasons why the Wolves have no (or is it one?) successor chapters is that only Fenrisians can withstand the mark of the Wulfen, and off-worlders invariably succumbed. This can be hand-waved a number of ways, though: Zakkan could be young-enough that he hasn't had the chance to succumb yet, he might be an exception that proves the rule (why he hasn't succumbed is a mystery), or he might be the descendant of a Fenrisian, and his bloodline protects him.

Anyway... that's all I've got to say right now. It's hideously late for me where I am, and I need to sleep. I'm sorry if I made any mistakes, here or in the game thread, and I'll do my best to fix them if anybody points them out.

~Oci out  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:39 pm
It´s ok, that worked out pretty well in the end. emotion_yatta  

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:49 pm
:3  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:41 pm
>.<;;; The holidays, man. The holidays... they were mean to me, guys.

Sorry for not getting anything up for you. I'll get something up in the next few days.  

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:36 am
No problem. Holidays take up a lot of time for most everyone.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:45 pm
mrgreen question  

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:39 pm
I've got a Word document open with the incomplete post in it. It'll be up before I go to sleep tonight!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:20 pm
Life be whack, yo. Between taxes, an altered work schedule, and a very sick kitty, I've been pulled every which away, with "away" being away from Gaia. >.< I'm going to try to get a post up in the game thread proper in the next 24 hours, as well as an announcement in this thread about where we're going. I think we've pretty much finished Act 1, so it's on to figuring out if new players are joining and what's going on with the existing players, active or not.

~Oci out  

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:57 pm
Thanks for the update Oci.  
Roleplaying Area