Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply ♻ATG Archive
ATG 3/3/14 - <3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor Count (last week we had 88 :shock: )
  *lurks*
View Results

Zelda Faye

Interstellar Muse

15,175 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:51 am
Quadropopilous
It's officially my birthday. March 4th. Yaaay.

YAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:26 am
Quadropopilous
It's officially my birthday. March 4th. Yaaay.

happy birthday cat_exclaim
and I think a clever idea is for gaia to have Ian or another NPC sell some of the rare pets like lilac, rose, fantasy, the new pup, and poodles, the rare unicorns, for gold in his shop for like one day only or two.
since people of gaia are doing it anyway gaia should collect some of it back. likewise each item should be maybe 100mil or what not so a lot of people can own it and more can be put in the system so the item cannot be worth 300, 400, 500 + mil gold.

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:26 am
Zelda Faye
YAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

dark pillow
Happy birthday! >u< Hope you have a good one. :3

++ Thank you! emotion_yatta ++

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:29 am
witchy cat panther

++ Thank you as well! And super sales like that are always neat. I wish they had
more NPC related rare-time sales like such. Maybe at random, once a month. Per NPC of course. ++

Quadropopilous

Rare

Zelda Faye

Interstellar Muse

15,175 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:30 am
Quadropopilous

Hehe! I hope your day is an awesome one!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:33 am
Quadropopilous
witchy cat panther

++ Thank you as well! And super sales like that are always neat. I wish they had
more NPC related rare-time sales like such. Maybe at random, once a month. Per NPC of course. ++

-hug-
exactally!! maybe the
hair shop can sell masty lady locks
skin type can sell rare body dyes
ian (since he loves rufus) has the pets that have not been released before ya know? I do not want to see Cheshire kitten, lucky, and them again in the store let us see new rarer pets!!!
ruby's rack has the rare slippers (bec of her son)
ect.. and that way gaia can pull back some of this gold craziness instead of pushing more in the system, recycle it!

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:43 am
Javier Cross
I found some bad news, guys and ghouls.

It will pretty much affect the odds of us putting up a proper fight against the lunacies pervading Gaia online as we know it.

Here you go.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Will this site become an Ukraine in the future ?
I hope don't.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:48 am
CourageNFaith
Javier Cross
I found some bad news, guys and ghouls.

It will pretty much affect the odds of us putting up a proper fight against the lunacies pervading Gaia online as we know it.

Here you go.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Will this site become an Ukraine in the future ?
I hope don't.

It's a sad state of affairs indeed but I'd take it with a grain of salt. I've mentioned Solia many many times and I had a link to it in my sig for a while with my username. I was never bothered about it. The only reason I changed it was because the guild changed our rules regarding it so I did it to comply with them.

While I have seen people being warned for it, I certainly hope that those particular mods are just overzealous.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:49 am
Quadropopilous
Zelda Faye
YAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

dark pillow
Happy birthday! >u< Hope you have a good one. :3

Happy birthday to you!

By the way, folks:
How Do You Feel About Houses?

Ideas for Gold Shop Items / Recolors

Two staff updates that may be of interest of you.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:01 am
xx I met my fate xx

It's a sad state of affairs indeed but I'd take it with a grain of salt. I've mentioned Solia many many times and I had a link to it in my sig for a while with my username. I was never bothered about it. The only reason I changed it was because the guild changed our rules regarding it so I did it to comply with them.

While I have seen people being warned for it, I certainly hope that those particular mods are just overzealous.

Yeah, but they have been going on with this "suppression" from a long time (AtA closed, mention of the current leader is forbidden, some threads being closed in SF, sudden changes to the TOS and so on).
I so hope that they don't let this get to their heads, because the site is already lifeless as it is. They can't risk losing even more members by now.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:21 am
CourageNFaith
xx I met my fate xx

Yeah, but they have been going on with this "suppression" from a long time (AtA closed, mention of the current leader is forbidden, some threads being closed in SF, sudden changes to the TOS and so on).
I so hope that they don't let this get to their heads, because the site is already lifeless as it is. They can't risk losing even more members by now.

I definitely agree. I've also gone to a mod just to make absolutely sure that our new Guild TC is okay by the rules.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:49 pm
Pwnder

We don't have to power to open up the R:G marketplace because that responsibility is in the hands of each vendor. At the same time, having a marketplace like this leaves the guild vendors open to sneaky undesirables, which I think happened very quickly in our early days, thus leaving it abandoned.
Its pretty much impossible and pointless to sell anything at the ABP that it was 6 months ago. Users are more likely to take the ABP that it is worth now, because users actually have the gold, and go with that. It would be a sacrifice to sell something going for 500k, when it is going for 5mil now, they wouldn't be able to buy what they wanted from the MP after that then find a reason to try and keep up, which is what everybody seems to want to still do.

As for my "gold sink" endeavor. I fear some may view it as a ploy to just gain gold from what I have, however, that is not the case I've always had only one of each item and my inventory has grown large over the last ten years.

These are the things I have accumulated and "donated" for over the last 10 years I spent here as a member of Gaia. These are the things that Gaia has so blatantly whored out or rendered whatever time and money I spent as "lame" at this point. I say "lame" because they seemingly no longer care how much time, dedication or money one spends here anymore.

At one point I wanted to keep these items as my own token of dedication to the site that I was once so proud of. But since they do not consider any amount of money or time I've spent here worth a damn, or anyone elses for that matter, I have finally decided to part ways with these materialistic things and try to make them pay back the community with whatever lame attempts I can manage. Most people would not even consider selling their coveted items off and dress their avi in trash and be fine with it. Normally if they do, they are leaving for good, letting Gaia win that round. I will not.

If the only way that I can personally make gold vanish from the site is by selling off my once loved crap then I will do it, besides that, if this site is ultimately heading for a 404, so do my items and gold. I've literally got nothing to lose except my love, time and money to this site, I've already accepted my monetary loss. I suppose it is more of a statement than anything else at this point and may seem a bit far fetched to some, but each one of us has our own way of 'trying to make a statement to Gaia'. This was not something thought up by any crew members, this is my own personal response. Maybe if there were 100 or 1000 people doing this it might make a difference in the actual problem, you are right. But this is the way I have decided to go out, and that is taking gold with me emotion_donotwant

I have gifted or donated many many things to people inside and outside this guild and I will continue to do so as I liquidate my massive inventory. I also understand that many will have different perspectives on my "gold sink" quest and I more than welcome someone to change mine so that I might find ways of doing something with more impact.

Thank you for the reply, love. I hate to hear that the Revolution MP is no more, but maybe someone will maintain a shop again at some point. I would just love the opportunity to get a few items (yes, I'm still stupid enough to quest for something) that I would enjoy. I wish I could get past that, but I can't, and I'm limited like so many others because I only deal in gold. A cute $8.99 item from the cash shop demands over 60million gold now, and I just can't bring myself to do that. sad

I also respect what you're doing with your items and gold, and that's completely your choice as to how you take it with you. I get that a little better now, whereas before, I just couldn't get past the fact that Gaia will never even notice. Gold is given away by the bucketfull now, and there are now two gold generators that reward as much as one BILLION gold. That's obscenem but oh well.

If you ever decide to entertain offers on any of your items, I hope you'll let us know. I've purchased from you in the MP recently, but as you know...every little bit helps.
emotion_hug  

0Ul

Versatile Girl

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:57 pm
0Ul

Any specific item you are interested in? I'm already running low on the super good stuff but I've still got 6 pages of inventory with plenty of pretties. sweatdrop

If they would ever update guilds, it would be nice if guilds could have their own personal vending store for members only, where the Captain or crew members would provide and revoke trading passes to keep it safe.
Man that would be nice emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:09 pm
Pwnder
0Ul

Any specific item you are interested in? I'm already running low on the super good stuff but I've still got 6 pages of inventory with plenty of pretties. sweatdrop

If they would ever update guilds, it would be nice if guilds could have their own personal vending store for members only, where the Captain or crew members would provide and revoke trading passes to keep it safe.
Man that would be nice emotion_awesome

Oh my goodness, wouldn't that be nice if that ever happened? Of course, it never will without having a price tag attached to it, I'm afraid.

As for items that I'm looking for, my list is (sadly) ever-changing, but I've been questing Wood Sea for quite some time now. I almost bought it when it was 50 million a while back, but those days are long gone.

It's ridiculous that I would quest something from the Cash Shop, but I'm scared to quest anything else either. MCs are bastardized now, and there's nothing safe anymore. I'm tempted to buy your Lovely Devils, but it's gotten outrageously expensive, and I know as soon as I do, there will be a new Cheer Bundle released and I'll be further in the hole than I already am. I try to watch the MP for items I like, and I'll often strike up a conversation along the way as I've offered what I can afford. It's allowed me to meet some new friends, but all of them (without exception) have given into the temptation/need to purchase GC. Talk about discouraging! Sometimes I just wander around aimlessly trying on different outfits that I can no longer afford. Isn't that crazy? It's like trying to shop at Bloomingdale's when your checkbook only allows for Target. LOL

0Ul

Versatile Girl

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:17 pm
0Ul
Pwnder

We don't have to power to open up the R:G marketplace because that responsibility is in the hands of each vendor. At the same time, having a marketplace like this leaves the guild vendors open to sneaky undesirables, which I think happened very quickly in our early days, thus leaving it abandoned.
Its pretty much impossible and pointless to sell anything at the ABP that it was 6 months ago. Users are more likely to take the ABP that it is worth now, because users actually have the gold, and go with that. It would be a sacrifice to sell something going for 500k, when it is going for 5mil now, they wouldn't be able to buy what they wanted from the MP after that then find a reason to try and keep up, which is what everybody seems to want to still do.

As for my "gold sink" endeavor. I fear some may view it as a ploy to just gain gold from what I have, however, that is not the case I've always had only one of each item and my inventory has grown large over the last ten years.

These are the things I have accumulated and "donated" for over the last 10 years I spent here as a member of Gaia. These are the things that Gaia has so blatantly whored out or rendered whatever time and money I spent as "lame" at this point. I say "lame" because they seemingly no longer care how much time, dedication or money one spends here anymore.

At one point I wanted to keep these items as my own token of dedication to the site that I was once so proud of. But since they do not consider any amount of money or time I've spent here worth a damn, or anyone elses for that matter, I have finally decided to part ways with these materialistic things and try to make them pay back the community with whatever lame attempts I can manage. Most people would not even consider selling their coveted items off and dress their avi in trash and be fine with it. Normally if they do, they are leaving for good, letting Gaia win that round. I will not.

If the only way that I can personally make gold vanish from the site is by selling off my once loved crap then I will do it, besides that, if this site is ultimately heading for a 404, so do my items and gold. I've literally got nothing to lose except my love, time and money to this site, I've already accepted my monetary loss. I suppose it is more of a statement than anything else at this point and may seem a bit far fetched to some, but each one of us has our own way of 'trying to make a statement to Gaia'. This was not something thought up by any crew members, this is my own personal response. Maybe if there were 100 or 1000 people doing this it might make a difference in the actual problem, you are right. But this is the way I have decided to go out, and that is taking gold with me emotion_donotwant

I have gifted or donated many many things to people inside and outside this guild and I will continue to do so as I liquidate my massive inventory. I also understand that many will have different perspectives on my "gold sink" quest and I more than welcome someone to change mine so that I might find ways of doing something with more impact.

Thank you for the reply, love. I hate to hear that the Revolution MP is no more, but maybe someone will maintain a shop again at some point. I would just love the opportunity to get a few items (yes, I'm still stupid enough to quest for something) that I would enjoy. I wish I could get past that, but I can't, and I'm limited like so many others because I only deal in gold. A cute $8.99 item from the cash shop demands over 60million gold now, and I just can't bring myself to do that. sad

I also respect what you're doing with your items and gold, and that's completely your choice as to how you take it with you. I get that a little better now, whereas before, I just couldn't get past the fact that Gaia will never even notice. Gold is given away by the bucketfull now, and there are now two gold generators that reward as much as one BILLION gold. That's obscenem but oh well.

If you ever decide to entertain offers on any of your items, I hope you'll let us know. I've purchased from you in the MP recently, but as you know...every little bit helps.
emotion_hug

I just want to note that that is NOT why the revolution MP failed. My shop is still open, updated, and active. The Revolution MP failed because the users who set up shops there stopped updating them, looking on on them and basically forgot about the subforum. It also failed because it's nto a well known feature of the guild. it has almost never been given any advertisement so I don't think many people even KNOW about it.  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff