Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor Count
  *generates gold*
View Results

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:50 pm
++ Thanks to everyone for participating in this week's AtG. I think the turn out
was really good this time around. I think last one's was 29? So nearly doubled.
It was fun talking with all of you though. Time for me to kick off Gaia for the night.
I'll think more into a guild event with the rest of the council. We need something
fun to do aside from petitions ++

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:25 pm
-l- Mi-tan -l-
Quadropopilous

URGH, EASTER. Don't even remind me about that, although I'll have to agree with you; Easter events were always so much fun and so memorable for me as well. I can only imagine all the generator items for that holiday, and it'll more than likely be much more in quantity compared to what we've been getting this past week.

"Great news, Gaians! Here is the Golden Faberge Egg! If you crack this egg open you have a chance to win 100,000,000,000 in pure gold OR 2000 Angelic Halos, 60 rainbow-farting unicorns, and chocolate donuts will rain upon you in the city where you live! Act now and buy this for the low, low price of $867.99! emotion_awesome "  

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:04 pm
Gaia Interactive, Inc: The user account holders of gaiaonline.com request a "Disable Cash Announcements" option.

Figured I might as well go all out emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:26 pm
i feel like i dont have any good input this time around

let me just say all this has my head spinning and i think im gonna puke

/of course, ive been feeling queasy before i read this post, so nerves might have just made it a bit worse  

MURKR0W

Feral Warrior

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:48 pm
Something just occurred to me. I have been hearing a lot of people saying that Gaia should be reported to the Better Business Bureau, but for the most part, they really don't have a case.

But I just remembered, haven't there been people PAYING GAIA to disable ads? And aren't these people complaining because the ads are NOT DISABLED?

Gaia promised a service. People have payed for that service. Gaia denied that service.

Is that still going on, or did Gaia disable that feature already?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:31 pm
TS Sailor Cronus
Something just occurred to me. I have been hearing a lot of people saying that Gaia should be reported to the Better Business Bureau, but for the most part, they really don't have a case.

But I just remembered, haven't there been people PAYING GAIA to disable ads? And aren't these people complaining because the ads are NOT DISABLED?

Gaia promised a service. People have payed for that service. Gaia denied that service.

Is that still going on, or did Gaia disable that feature already?

They disabled it back when they first started pushing out Flynn. The Option box is still there in the Purchase History of My Profile, but it's greyed out and inactive now. I guess they reserve the right to enable and disable site features whenever they want.

That reminds me of something I was reading in ToS about an hour ago....

3. Modification of these Terms. Gaia reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Site with or without notice to you. Gaia will not be liable to you or any third party if we elect to exercise our right to discontinue the Site. Gaia reserves the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time by posting an updated version on the Website. Please check these Terms and any Guidelines periodically for changes. Your continued use of Gaia Online after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. If the modified Terms are not acceptable to you, then your only recourse is to discontinue using the Site.

Like dang!! Kinda doomsday-ish  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:36 pm
Pwnder
3. Modification of these Terms. Gaia reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Site with or without notice to you. Gaia will not be liable to you or any third party if we elect to exercise our right to discontinue the Site. Gaia reserves the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time by posting an updated version on the Website. Please check these Terms and any Guidelines periodically for changes. Your continued use of Gaia Online after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. If the modified Terms are not acceptable to you, then your only recourse is to discontinue using the Site.

Like dang!! Kinda doomsday-ish

Yeah, most companies like this have to be run that way. It's actually a good thing in that it protects the company from frivolous lawsuits (for one thing), and users do need to be aware of this.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:06 pm
I was very sad about the Valentines day event. I got my wish of having no gaia gold wedged in there {except for the switchem of course with powerups}, but it was so... uneventful.
There wasn't an event! No earning your prizes or funny cards to send it other.
They could have done so much more with the Valentines day event and they didn't!
A Bear themed event would have been cool, or something like the haloween event? Maybe cupid gave all his arrows to everyone and got people to shoot each other with it. The more people you shot, the closer you were to a prize.

Very disappointed... with everything gaia has done these last two weeks....  

SighingNight

Fluffy Cleric

13,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100

MintyMiDraws

Enigmatic Fashionista

32,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:14 pm
TS Sailor Cronus
"Great news, Gaians! Here is the Golden Faberge Egg! If you crack this egg open you have a chance to win 100,000,000,000 in pure gold OR 2000 Angelic Halos, 60 rainbow-farting unicorns, and chocolate donuts will rain upon you in the city where you live! Act now and buy this for the low, low price of $867.99! emotion_awesome "

gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:18 pm
-l- Mi-tan -l-
TS Sailor Cronus

gonk

If they could ACCOMPLISH it, and make a PROFIT from it, they would do it.

Tell me I'm wrong.  

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

MintyMiDraws

Enigmatic Fashionista

32,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:19 pm
TS Sailor Cronus
If they could ACCOMPLISH it, and make a PROFIT from it, they would do it.

Tell me they wouldn't.

There's still a chance you might end up jinxing yourself and that it might happen, but I really hope not. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:20 pm
-l- Mi-tan -l-

Hey, if I could win a chance at a rainbow farting unicorn, I'd pay. xd  

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

MintyMiDraws

Enigmatic Fashionista

32,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:21 pm
TS Sailor Cronus
Hey, if I could win a chance at a rainbow farting unicorn, I'd pay. xd

rofl The idea of one is just bizarre.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:02 am
Pwnder
So we skipped a week....not intentional, but a lot has happened over this time so you might have missed a few things. Here we go....

Thanks to all the wonderful guild support in the ATG today an idea hatched!
This kinda thing happens when you get enough like minded people with different ideas, perspectives and knowledge together in one place.
The user account holders of gaiaonline.com request the cease of "Gold Generator" releases and sales. Regain our trust!

Onward.....

- I'm quite sure Gaia broke their 5 announcement a day record in this time.

But at this point who can count anymore, we are all just irritated beyond belief.

- Most importantly Uncle Kenny gave his farewells to Gaia Interactive on Februrary 12, last Monday. You can find his journal entry here for confirmation.

- Sadly he was not the only one, February 14th ubermegAtrOn also bid his farewells in his journal entry here..

We lost two precious Devs last week and they will be sorely missed.

- We were threatened with the possibility of no Valentines Day event this year when Uncle Kenny stated in the forums that he hadn't "received any instructions or material in order to put an event together" posted on Feb 8th.

We find out later that he had his last day at Gaia on Feb 12th.

- We did get some appreciation and consideration from some of our remaining beloved Gaia staff with 5 Days Of Love

So we know there are still people looking out for us
Although at first not announcement worthy it came in the form of Staff Alerts on Feb 22 and later via the announcement.
The event came, it had few frills that the Gaia community was used to for so many years like Holiday Themed Background, Wing Stickers, Mad Lib Valentine Card Exchanges, and NPC shop interaction, but it did come with the newly expected Switchem (which seemed hastily implemented due to its over all appearance and particular item grants) and it's own holiday forum. One could look at this years Valentines event in several different ways, that Gaia is no longer interested in keeping up events or it simply being a side effect of Uncle Kenny's untimely departure. We shall see when future events are expected to occur.

- Gaia's 11th Anniversary came upon us the same time as Valentines Day in the form of a sale

Yet again with no frills.

-On the actual Anniversary date did we get this, with our free Anniversary Item.

For me there is something about the delivery announcement and the item its self, that speak volumes to me about the direction that Gaia is going. Again, in light of the recent loss of Uncle Kenny, I'm willing to give future events the benefit of the doubt.

- On Feb 11th Gaia called for and In-Office Feeback Session

Quite short notice, which called for people who live in the area to visit HQ to participate in a tour and feedback session and have a look at the happenings at Gaia Interactive. Of course all participants are subject to Non disclosure agreements and cannot share several things with the community.

- We did get a Gold Shop Update, hallelujah!

What do you guys think of these items? Some don't like the dresses but I think they are alright

- Aside from all the Bundles Galore we were given our daily dose of Gold Generators, plus a new one!!:

The release of 11 gold generators in the past 14 days, including the introduction of a new one, Gambino's Prized Jewels. This constitutes a statistic of 1.25 gold generators a day.
Candy Hearts x 3
Roses and Romance x 2
Divinity's Reach x 2
Coin Toss x 1
Flynn x 1
Let It Ride x 1
Pick A Card x 1
Gambino's Prized Jewels !New!

Carnival Day!Super New! Only 5 hours old!
All within the past 14 days... What is the point Gaia??!.

Inflation is at an all time high now. Is there anything that can be done to combat this situation? Or do they intend to increase the gold cap? Suspicions are high that it might already be increased or in the process. In the Marketplace, many items are being listed for more that the known gold cap at 4,294,967,295g rather than the previous amount of 2,147,483,647g. Where do we go from here?

I signed that petition. And it looks like things have been pretty hard. I also read that bit of Uncle Kenny (Don't know him that well) leaving Gaia and the anniversary item being a disappointment. I don't blame any of you for being let down and despite all the insane announcements from Jet & Cygnus, PUG, and whoever else goes on the Gcash bandwagon. Sounds like you guys had it rough. Well, I hope that petition goes well and reaches the signature goal. I wish you people the best of luck.  

Tanooki John

Girl-Crazy Gaian

18,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100

Lina7Inverse

Destructive Singing

45,850 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:23 am
I think the word "threatened" might be a bit too hard when we're talking about the possibility of no V-day event, but since I'm not sure if I know the whole situation (was it only what Uncle Kenny said?) I won't talk more about it.

I also think that this V-day event was nice. Sure, it didn't have wing stickers, but is that what our events are all about? And instead of interacting with npcs in shops and sending cards we got an ability to talk to our favourite npcs. And those weren't just some pre-generated texts too! For me and many people it was a wonderful experience and I think it shows that Gaia still cares, even if only a little.
I'm not sure what to say about switchem items. I understand why people wouldn't like them, since those were some collectibles, but I liked that idea over some clothing items that people probably won't wear after this event. And some of those items were on my wishlist, so that's a plus. xD

Still, I have to agree with the points about announcements and gold generators. I feel spammed by them and I'm really scared to go on marketplace.  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff