Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
Revolution: Gaia Magazine - First Issue posted Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How'd the first issue come out?
  Pretty!
  Meh.
  Maybe you should not make another..
View Results

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:24 pm
Quadropopilous

I would REALLY like to link a tanks glow status into the advertisements but I'm not sure if it's possible, or how to go about it. I figured that feature in a tank owners advertisement might be a bit more incentive for them to go with it.

I'm stupid when it comes to Adobe software. I'm using Microsoft Office Publisher with Embedded Acrobat features and Paint Shop Pro 9 for my images and editing. gonk

I got too comfortable using these programs together to take the time with trial and error to learn on Adobe programs. I'm highly computer proficient so pointers won't fly over my head.

I'm confident with this, now it's time to find peeps to fill in the blanks.
If there are two pages for each category that will give me 12 pages, if it's too much I'll cut down some sections. I'm also not sure what format to go with on the Aquarium Tank section, left side format or right side format?

Making it:
Guild Recruiting = 16
Roleplay recruiting = 16
Art Shoppes = 12
Quests& Charities = 18
Games & Contests = 16
Aquarium Tanks. = 24

Crap, that means I need to find 100 advertisers gonk

But that would be a damn good number wink
MAGAZINE ADVERTISEMENT TEMPLATE

TS Sailor Cronus

You have a roleplay guild right? Wanna be one of the first to add yours to it?

Javier Cross

You know some artist and roleplayers I assume. could you link me to some of them, also mistymary's charity too. Whatever you got is awesome, heck you wanna help me seek em out I'd be appreciative. i know you are really concerned about those communites. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:34 pm
Bleh... I've been working on this all day gonk

Anyway. A sample of the PM's I will be sending out

Pwnders personal note

Hello [INSERT USERNAME],

I represent the advertising section of the Revolution:Gaia Magazine, that members of my Guild, along with other Gaians, are putting together for the enjoyment of the entire community. We will be putting together our first edition, due to be out by the beginning of March, 2014.

The advertising section is an effort to promote portions of the community affected by the current marketplace inflation. These communities include; General Guilds, Roleplay Guilds/Forums, Aquarium Booty Grab, Art Shops, Quests, Charities, Games, Contests and Petitions.
It is completely free of charge to all participants and the only thing you will have to do is give your consent to participate and provide the magazine with some details about your [INSERT] in the following application. We are also offering space for anyone who would like to include a promotional offer with their advertisement. Anything you would like to give to the readers as an incentive to seek out your services, it's entirely up to you.

You will be provided a proof of your advertisement for approval and error checking before publication. Upon publication, you will be sent a PM with a link to the first edition for use in your guild, thread or shop if you so wish to distribute.

How does this help you? - I will be soliciting many other members of the community to advertise. They will receive a copy of the magazine to distribute at their leisure with your ad in it! You can be seen throughout many portions of the community.

If you would like to participate please return my PM with the following application:

My dead line for final submissions is February 18, 2014

[b]I [USERNAME] Give consent to Pwnder, to use the following information for advertisement purposes in the Revolution:Gaia Magazine (1st Edition)[/b]

[b]Type of Advertisement[/b] = [GUILD / ROLEPLAY / GAME / CONTEST / CHARITY / QUEST / PETITION / TANK]

[b]Title[/b] = [GUILD / ROLEPLAY / GAME / CONTEST / CHARITY / QUEST / PETITION / TANK]

[b]Short Description[/b] = [WHAT YOU HAVE TO OFFER]

[b]Link Location[/b] = [LOCATION OF THREAD GUILD OR SHOP]

[b]Image/Banner Link[/b] = [IF YOU HAVE ONE]

[b]Promotional Offer[/b] = [YOU MAY CHOOSE TO OFFER A DISCOUNT, BONUS, GIFT OR ADVANTAGE ALONG WITH THE ADVERTISEMENT]

[b]Other Notes, Comments Or Requests[/b] = [ANYTHING THAT MIGHT IMPROVE YOUR AD]

If there is something that your portion of the community would be interested in adding to the advertisement blocks, I would be more than happy to accommodate and make the advertisement more effective for everyone. Please add these suggestions to the Other Notes, Comments or Requests section of the application. Please fill out multiple applications if you are interested in other advertisement blocks

Here is a sample of the advertising layout. (Opens PDF document in new tab/window)

Here is an image sample of the advertisement blocks you might be interested in.

ART SHOPPES

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

GUILD RECRUITING

ROLEPLAY RECRUITING

QUESTS AND CHARITIES

GAMES AND CONTESTS

AQUARIUM TANKS

PETITIONS

Please note: Revolution: Gaia is a guild group that maintains ideas and opinions about Gaia's current business practices and treatment of the community. These views do not reflect those of the entire user base. The Revolution:Gaia magazine may reflect views or opinions that you, or your group, do not necessarily agree with. However, all Gaia community members are welcome to advertise regardless of their own personal view point.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:00 pm
May I offer the inclusion of an event (perhaps a long-running/monthly event) with this first issue?

If so, I would like to propose a Naked Revolution Day wherein we all go bare with nothing more than our starter undies and/or a pile of clothing that we burn in effigy?

I know that the Day of Silence was received with mixed reviews, and I understand that, but I also feel that we can make a statement in our own way with the truly revolutionary statement of going bare. Perhaps over time, we can continue to get the word out or even have "Barely There" events in the Avi Arena to help spread the word.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:05 pm
Yay! I sent my first two proofs for a petition and a Roleplay! I'm still testing the waters at this stage but it's looking good.
I'll keep the current link updated as I add more biggrin  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Pwnder

++ I like the advertisement pages a lot. Works will with Issuu doesn't it? Not too hard
or complicated to work with. As for advertisements that's quiiiite a bit. I'd probably half
all those and just do 6 pages of advertisements. ++

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:38 pm
0Ul

++ A monthly event per magazine issue sounds pretty good. But if you want such an event to be
in the magazine you have to do me a favor and write a piece about it. What it's supporting
and what it represents. That'll go in the magazine for it. emotion_dealwithit ++

Quadropopilous

Rare

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:55 pm
Quadropopilous
Pwnder

++ I like the advertisement pages a lot. Works will with Issuu doesn't it? Not too hard
or complicated to work with. As for advertisements that's quiiiite a bit. I'd probably half
all those and just do 6 pages of advertisements. ++

Done! I forgot to add Petitions so it will be 7 pages, cool?
How many pages would you prefer the advertisements section be limited to? You know, just in case I get a higher demand than I expected, though I won't try to put myself in that position anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:46 am
Quadropopilous, I thought I would let you know that I am currently reviewing your submission, and will send a reply once I am finished. I'm not certain how long this will take, but unless something unexpected interferes it should be complete within about an hour or two from this post.

Edit: Complete!

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:48 am
I don't have any art programs on my new computer yet but I'll have my article to you by the end of the day tomorrow. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Quadropopilous
0Ul

++ A monthly event per magazine issue sounds pretty good. But if you want such an event to be
in the magazine you have to do me a favor and write a piece about it. What it's supporting
and what it represents. That'll go in the magazine for it. emotion_dealwithit ++

Oooooh! I would be honored, love. I will put something together over the next few days and post it here in the thread if that is acceptable.
emotion_kirakira  

0Ul

Versatile Girl

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:55 am
Could there be potential recruits in here?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:00 pm
Quadropopilous

If we don't end up with a V-day event, a Gaiaversary I think we will need to find someone to write an opinion article about it. sad  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Enigmatic Malady

Shy Otaku

12,600 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:52 pm

Wow, this is such an amazing idea. I just read through everything, and some of topics. Viewing some of the topics already made me think of the things I wrote in my little journal about all the things going on in Gaia. I believe having our voices heard this way is an amazing idea. We gaians need to be able let our voices be heard.

I was thinking of ... whats the word.. applying to the hiring section.. But all my writing things, like word, or Microsoft word, they aren't working for me for some reason. So I don't know how well that would go over.... For now, I'll just lurk and try to fix them.

Good luck to everyone whom is participating in this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:16 pm
Pwnder

++ I'd like for the advertisement pages to be limited to six pages if that's alright? ++

xx I met my fate xx

++ Alright! I'm looking forward to seeing it either tonight or tomorrow emotion_c8 ++

Everybody

++ Valentine's day will be passed then by the time the issue is out, but we could
definitely prepare something for White Day! Any ideas? ++

Enigmatic Malady

++ Thank you. The support's really appreciated. If you can get your journal to load let me
know. And especially if you want to be a permanent part of the magazine. I'd love to have
a full-time crew. Feel free to just lurk and see how the first magazine comes out if
you'd like! ++

Javier Cross

++ Thanks again, Javier. I'll definitely take a look around for some possible people ++

0Ul

++ Absolutely! TS Sailor Cronus will help you edit it afterwards so it's at the best it
can be. She's very good at her suggestions and explanations. Speaking of.. ++

TS Sailor Cronus

++ Thanks for the edit on the article. I didn't get back to you PM wise but I'm definitely
transferring over the changes to the .pdf. Thank you for your input. The explanations
behind them especially because that lets me learn in the process (as I have a hard time
sticking with something if there's no explanation behind it). You'll definitely be quite valuable
for the magazine with this and it gives me a huge relief knowing it'll have a more professional
feel to it. ++

Quadropopilous

Rare

Enigmatic Malady

Shy Otaku

12,600 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:28 pm
Quadropopilous

Sounds like a lovely little plan :3. I'll try to get it to work after my workout... Well.. That is.. If it didn't just get deleted since my laptop literally just crashed, and I'm looking at my documents and half of them are gone now.. So, If it's gone too, I'll have to write stuff back up. (that is if I can remember what i wrote haha)

But thanks :3. I would probably, most defiantly, like to be a full time crew member for this. (After all, I don't entirely have a life outside of this site haha..)  
💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff