Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
We want to hear your voices! Give us ideas to move forward! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:36 pm
Guardian Arlen

CourageNFaith

The main reasons people hated the idea of raising the Marketplace tax was because Gaia caused the problem in the first place by releasing Flynn's Booty, then made everyone else pay for it. If the tax was that high, no one would sell anything on the Marketplace and they would go to the exchange instead. Also, even if the tax was that high, and people used it, I still don't think it would even come close to taking out as much gold as Flynn's Booty/Chest put in.

I also don't think adding a cap to the Marketplace will help anything. If there's a really rare item, and there's still so much gold that everyone has more than the Marketplace cap, then no one will sell it unless they can get someone to pay the price that corresponds to that item's rarity. The only way I can think of to fix this is either take out the extra gold put in by Flynn's Booty/Chest (and stop releasing it already), or re-release the rare items so everyone can have one.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:48 am
Kangit

Yeah. And like I said, they would find a way to bypass this anyway. It would break the economy even further, because the problem lies in Flynn's re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-leases and "ninja" releases.
Whatever people like from this "easy gold" scheme or not, this must come to an end.
"Easy come, easy go", they say.

I see. It would be ridiculous to sell a rare item as "Sharktooth" for, let's say, 700k or "Gray Body Dye" for 500k.
Investing in gold sinks are the way to go, I guess: gold shops, events, and the other good stuff. I'd be interesting if they made the "shop bags" (like Durem Depot) more valuable and useful, and add some more good stuff to not only Dernier Cri but extend it to the other shops as well.

Also, I'd be interesting if they offered more cheap alternatives for angel/demon items, like horns, wings and stuff, without having to resort to literally "sell my soul" to gain one of these.

edikit
A virtual economy works similar to a real economy.

If you add more gold into circulation, it deflates the overall value of the gold, meaning you have to pay more for the same thing as more and more gold is put into circulation.

Unless there is a way to get this gold out of circulation that inflation will only continue to rise to outrageous proportions, users will stop spending or just leave, and the economy (and the site) will collapse.

My Best Enemy
Just because it is not real money does not mean that it does not follow real life economy rules. Inflation is very possible, Gaia does have an economy. Gold sinks destroy the gold, while gold pumps add gold. If you check your information, in the early days having 100 k meant you were rich and having a million meant you were a god. Nowadays, both amounts are almost nothing.

If something is not done, prices will inflate, the value of gold becomes nothing, and users will eventually get tired of it.

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:03 pm
Please be advised that this topic is for posting ideas for the guild to move forward and be heard, not necessarily for Gaia as a whole.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:13 pm
Might seem a bit off the wall, but like what was said before about telling others which users are a good source of information and which are merely adding to the animosity;

I was able to get the attention of three site officials today, all of them being exceedingly nice and totally willing to help. The last however didn't even reply to my pm about my question.

Possibly make a list of the most helpful site officials. Cause, tbh, there are a lot of them and it's obvious that some of them are not going to be helpful at all when you have reasonable, non-loaded questions.  

Lychee Puddin

Mega Noob

Quank

Familiar Codger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:33 pm
Ideas for the guild?

I think you guys are doing a good job already. In all honesty, there's not much we can do since ATA closed. They basically told us to shut up by doing that.
I got trolled pretty hard for entering the avatar arena. cry  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:58 am
A Thief Appears
Feel free to ignore me. Most of the time I have no idea what I'm talking about.

* Tell members and viewers alike which sources are true and appropriate. Glass Door is not a reliable source, and so on.

* Set up a weekly Q&A. Obviously our part is to ask questions, and the answers should be addressed by Gaia. Send our questions to the appropriate Gaia HQ representative or E-Mail.

* You already do, but promote clear and concise data, patience, calm protest, etc. Too many people, too often, are letting their emotions fly before common decency.

* Let Gaia know what they are and are not doing right. Seriously, people getting suspicious and angry over every little thing has gotten out of hand.

I dunno, honestly. I know a lot of people love them, but I kind of feel like all the guild ever does is contest, event, contest, and so on. I wouldn't mind seeing more...Help Gaia out things? Eheh. I'm sorry. sweatdrop

Sorry I'm late, but I'm in agreement with this. I apologize if I quoted you, and you have to read all my stuff by the way, but I agreed with it soo much that I couldn't passup letting people read it again! smile

1. The ATA was taken off people too many people were fuming about stuff instead of addressing things in an orderly manner. If you notice, the Admins didn't mind answering things that were asked politely.

2. Also, as mentioned above, get people the right info. Yo don't know how many people have been spewing about Gaia shutting down and trying to milk for money before the shutdown. It's sad when those people have to be corrected, and they don't want to listen. And these are the same people we're trying to help. If we get direct quotes/statements from Gaia reps, it will get people the right info.

3. I think the best thing, we as a guild, can do, is promote an aversion to Gaia Cash. I mean, not completely cut it off, because it is essentially ingrained in the way Gaia does things now, but I feel as though we should promote a scarce use of it, so that we can start to adjust the inflation. Dude, I was gone from Gaia for like three months and everything 4x in price because of all the GC items in circulation.

4. This is going on a limb here, but, if we help noobs, or people who are trying to reach a goal, then those people will not be inclined to go buy GC. If they know they have a community supporting them, they will not need to use their pocket to obtain stuff, and thus, would not inflate the MP with cash items. That being said, people feel good about donating to someone they know, and Guild activities/meetings are the best way to know who you're trying to help.

5. Lastly, I think as a clan, we need to expand at least to 15k-17k members to make an impact on Gaia. If we can get that number, then we can hit somewhere right below the average users online. Once this happens, the captain could request a conference call with Gaia. It is a company and we are technically customers, so a phone call wouldn't be a farfetched idea. When you consider all the users on this guild as petition signers, you have leverage, and a chance to see what negotiations can happen.

This is my essential input on this. It might sound a bit absurd, but when you want things done, things have to be changed at the community level, otherwise Gaia can say "well they're protesting this, but they're buying that." So our own community can be somewhat counterproductive to what we're trying to accomplish. Once the community can agree to adhere to the above, we can have a change that seriously deals a hit in Gaia wallet, and then they have to listen.  

Alexiares VIII

Dangerous Genius

Alisseia

Headstrong Sex Symbol

14,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:26 am
Well, my friend said this to me and I automatically thought of suggesting it here! emotion_awesome

Alexis_Smex
I know I saw! I already have plans to spam the tnychat link on any site that has gaians complaining and throw the biggest TC party ever. Me and Meme were talking about doing a 2 day tinychat challenge where we gather up a bunch of people to stay away on TC for 2 whole days. and she was all into saying she would make banners and stuff. But idk how many people would help or even get into it.

I thought it would be a nice idea ^ -^

*TC = Tiny chat, if you didn't know razz  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:49 pm
xx I met my fate xx

I just had an idea. Maybe someone's come up with it already. Maybe it's silly, I dunno... sweatdrop

Anyway.

Christmas Caroling.
We can make up cute little rhymes and Christmas slogans and post them on the profiles of NPC's, staff members, mods, you name it.

Think that would get their attention?  

Singing Seraph

Enduring Member

12,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Firestarter 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Crystal_Meth13

Noble Visionary

15,625 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am
At the start of every year or every 3mths/6 we and like minded individuals can star a comment post of one thing we don't like about Gaia, Gaians have to stay on topic and if they don't their comment gets deleted,it's sad to do this I know but enable for are voice to be heard we should stay true to the topic at hand, know one should go talking about how they have the Towns 2 if we are trying to get them to stop doing Flynn's Gold.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:27 pm
I love the members of this guild and how fun it is to be here. But I have no hopes for Gaia as a company.

It's like someone in love. No matter what their friends tell them, that the person they're into is abusive, controlling, an a*****e, etc, that person will not listen. No matter how logical or sensible, the person is not going to listen.

Gaia is like someone in love, except they are someone overcome with greed. Revolution Gaia is the "friend". But really, all we can do is take a step back, and watch as Gaia ruins itself before it finally realizes it's mistakes.  

piggyzhou

Godlike Angel

19,750 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Wing Mastery 100

MrWeirdFox

Hype Champion

27,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Medalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:17 pm
I joined to revolt.

Where is it?

I'm getting warmed up..

Get ready for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:15 pm
I love the idea of ATG, thank you for doing this, I hope I remember on Monday!!!!!!! Maybe if you send a reminder announcement Sunday Night heart wink  

shamantra

Allied Pal

23,225 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hero 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:04 am
shamantra
I love the idea of ATG, thank you for doing this, I hope I remember on Monday!!!!!!! Maybe if you send a reminder announcement Sunday Night heart wink

I set it up and sent an announcement this morning. Hope to see you there! wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:06 am
Pegasaurus Rex
shamantra

I set it up and sent an announcement this morning. Hope to see you there! wink
awesome! I'll be there- if humanly possible!  

shamantra

Allied Pal

23,225 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hero 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250

unicorndicks

Beloved Streaker

14,075 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:17 pm
I say we all go into the site feedback page and create a thread that each of us will take part in.  
💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff