Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Field Trip] Trapping a Dragon! (Trap Away! pg. 3/ pg. 4) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Theidren

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Fiona smiled and took note of the student who seemed to be some sort of dragon. She wasn't entirely sure so she watched as interactions happened. The ghoul turned her attention to introductions that were going around. A ghoul introduced herself as Xiu. Fiona flashed a smile and introduced herself back "Thanks! I'm Fiona." she chirped excitedly.

--time waaarp--

Fiona crammed herself onto the bus,she felt bad for taking up most of a seat but it was hard not to with wings. Poor Andrew looked like he needed some space so Fi entertained herself.She laughed and smiled and enjoyed the interactions. Fiona had to take a moment to close her eyes and calm herself so she wouldn't get too worked up. That's when she was most likely to stop paying attention to her strength and cause damage. When she opened her eyes she noted a quiet ghoul by herself so she peeked her head out into the aisle and introduced herself. " Hi there! I'm Fiona, are you a new student as well? Enjoying the ride?"

---Let's Do The Time Warp Again--

She was more than ready to get off of the bus. Fiona got herself settled in much more quickly than she normally would have. Once she had, the roc headed back outside to listen to the professor with rapt attention. This field trip sounded like it was going to be a little more of a challenge than she thought. Fi smiled at the thought and gave a chuckle as Danny announced that she would be catching the biggest dragon. She hurried to pick up a kit and decided she would tag along with Andrew. Fiona had some experience trapping but was still fairly new to the whole thing.

phantompanther13

CheshireKttty

Meegane

Kaiyumi

[quote="chimarii]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:36 pm

Where would they find the dragons? Well the professor had listed a few options, but there was one that interested him. The sea? He had never been close to it… well except that one time when he had been kept under the careful eye of his mummy.

There was no fire option, though he wondered why the dragons would bother with anywhere else. Well it seems they did. “Hey I want to go see this sea thing.” He announced, glancing mostly at Fiona. If anyone else decided to come he was ok with that except the dog thing, talking the professor (looking at you Frost).

He gathered up a kit. And took a headed in the direction of the sea. Besides, Danny probably wouldn't have seen very many dragons that were around such a deadly force that only a flame demon of the bravest proportions would get near. Yep, he was fancying himself pretty brave today. He'd still be back before 8.

Though it seemed they weren't the only students to go there. Andrew shrugged and waved at the shadow ghoul before turning to Fiona. "Do you actually know how to set one of these?" something in his tone suggested he might not.

Theidren

Meegane
sorry Andrew didn't directly invite you. When you are ready come to the sea with us! Also Andrew still has crackers in his pocket if head is interested.

Prolixity
we are coming the beach!

Quote:
AWAY! To the beach!

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:43 pm

"Yes! Flying! Well, maybe later." She giggled, giving Kettil a teasing look. "Some of us are a little handicapped."

Her eyes widened when she heard Yaya's voice, and she grinned, putting her arm around the pretty ghoul's shoulder. "Well hellooo, nurse! Haven't seen yeh in a while, pretty lady! Come teh tames dragons tuu, hah?" She paused to let the boils catch up, turning Yaya around towards them. "Have yeh met my boils? This one is Muka, mind his teeth. And this one is Kettil, he is mine NO TOUCHINGS."

She may have freaked out a little at the end there. Muka's nudge distracted her.

"Wager? I wants teh plays! Is it for who catches dragons most? Because I tells yeh, that's not a fair bet, yehr all goings teh loooooose like losers."

Her eyebrows waggled.

iloveyoudie
Beejoux

Pales
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:47 am

Kettil made a face at Freya for mentioning his handicap. How insensitive and cruel. ( ;A; )

"Is fine, Freya. I'll just stay on the ground. Alone...Flapping my arms...crying..." Kettil let out a mock sad sigh.

When suddenly he was faced with meeting a new ghoul that he only dimly recalled seeing around, but Kettil's sad face brightened into his usual grin, "'Allo I am Ket--," then Freya started to have a possessive moment, "til....I'm uhh.. Freya's boilfriend," he laughed.

Most boils would be scared of a possessive ghoul but Kettil just took it as it came because he was just as bad some days. He just didn't screech about it.

Kettil perked up at the mention of wager, "I'm in! What is at risk?" He grinned cheerfully and then Freya began to boast and he only smiled. "We both know who is going to win, Freya. Me."

Now he was just riling up his ghoulfriend on purpose.

Nio Love

iloveyouDIE

Beejoux

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:21 am

That seemed to make it official that the subject would be dropped. Maybe if she got up the nerve, she'd ask him about what all of that meant (she probably wouldn't). The boil she was following didn't seem to like what had happened.

He also didn't seem to like others. Well, judging from where they were going. Olivia glanced about, noticing various groups heading to the beaches and forests while the pair of them seemed to be heading to something much higher and further. Perhaps the peaks up ahead? Well, it could be pleasant up there, maybe? At least nice and cold.

Olivia stayed silent for a moment after he addressed his question. "Um," and that should have been the first clue of what would have come next as a reply, "not.. really." The ghoul answered honestly, but without a lick of shame or sheepishness. Nope, she was pretty damn calm, maybe even a little upbeat, about her ignorance in the matter. "The book mentioned enchantments though." Mentioned yes, in the page titles. When Olivia had gotten back to her dorm room, she had checked out a book from the library to pick up the basics before the trip. She didn't get through the whole thing.

The bundles in her hand didn't seem to difficult to manage. And they had allowed first years. How hard could it be?

Raja
Famous last words

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:35 am

Right, well... he'd expected it. In all truth he'd assumed that the ghoul knew about as much as him. Which was what basic books included. Her comments told him just as much. While he'd read about enchantments somewhere, he had none and didn't really know how to use them with the trap, so he figured it wasn't going to be needed anyway. The teacher had said they had less to do with it and where? To look for little clawed feet maybe? That would be a good start, then just trying to figure out which trap would be the best idea. Oh, and getting to the place first.

Sadly, there seemed a slight reason people went elsewhere. This place seemed a bit of a ways off, not super far, but a little bit of a walk. Mainly because it required heading up toward the hills to get to cliffs. But didn't that seem to be a more likely location for a dragon, even a small one, than a beach? He had a hard time thinking of a practical reason to find a dragon on a beach. It was like a frost demon in a volcano. It just didn't seem to fit. ...but they had gone south and seen an active volcano that one time. So it did happen, here and there... without much logic or reason. It just seemed odd.

Well anyway, he merely gave Olivia a nod in response to her comment at first. "I... didn't bring any of those." He said slowly, glancing up toward the distance. "But the teacher commented it was more location." And they were going to one of the ones he'd mentioned, so it should work out. "I think it will be more luck." And them not managing to botch up the traps too badly. Hopefully she knew how to put one together and the two of them as a group could manage at least a few workable traps. Then, if they could get that much in order a little luck and they'd have a dragon.

He could even try to track them down a bit using his natural form if they found some tracks to get what they smelled like.

...now, that being one of the newer ones they were looking for was a whole new matter. But it was somewhere to start. SO.... now they just had to finish walking there.

Chirigami
Thank you Olivia, thank you. When they both get trampled, sat on, and eaten by dragons we will know who to blame.

Raja

Kawaii Shoujo

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:29 am

Gene had her advice from the proffessor, and Danny was begging and pleading to go to the forest. Mot laughed lightly at her enthusiasm.

"Well, where to, Gene?"

Carhop Cavalier
Sorry for the small tag, I...

chimarii
forgot what was happening..
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:29 am

As others began to arrive, Siddie looked up from the trap she'd set behind a sand dune, near a cluster of cracked rocks that offered plenty of hiding places for shy minipets. She dusted off her hands and waved back to the flame demon, trotting over in that direction. Might as well say hello while waiting to check her trap.

"Have you been to the scarefari before?" she asked cheerfully as she got within hearing range.

phantompanther13

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:49 am

"I could always carry you, Kettil.." Muka grinned bigger, wiggled his taloned hands, "Freya didn't tell me 'no touchings'!" The strix burst into another of his usual fits of laughter, holding his round belly as they walked.

"A pleasure to meet you!" He waggled fingers at the new ghoul to join them and went into stroking his beard as he tried to decide what the wager will be.

"Whoever gets the most?" He made a thoughtful sound. "Or perhaps whoever's dragon is judged best by the teachers! In the event of a tie..... whoever catches the most." He snickered.

"Well we should all offer something up.. and the winner gets the prizes from the losers!" Muka patted his chest with a grin. "I will take the winner shopping! My treat."

He generally did that all the time anyway. At least now he had an excuse. BUY ALL THE THINGS.

Nio Love

Beejoux

Pales
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:50 am

An arm swoopwed around her shoulder, and all of a sudden Yaya had been turned about to face the two boils Freya had been with. She blinked, momentarily shocked, then dark lips split into a wide grin at having received such a warm welcome by the group. Not even Freya's possessive claim could dampen the ghoul's spirits now.

"Thank you, It's great to meet you all. I'm Hadiyya, or Yaya." Unless she was much mistaken, Muka had changed an awful lot since the last time she'd seen him. In fact, she had not recognized him at first.

"And no worries, Friend," she offered to the Valkyrie, turning to address her personally. "Handsome though he is, I have no intentions towards your boil. I have my own." She chuckled, and all the nerves she'd been carrying washed away as she listened to Muka explain the stakes of a wager.

nio love
I Love

pales
you guys

iloveyoudie
so much!

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:50 pm

And getting there was half the battle. Though, Olivia honestly couldn't say it was a terrible trip, just a little difficult. It was scaling higher than most of the other students were going, and to a peak no less with rocky terrain and snow and uneven paths. She could be thankful that fatigue would never set in for her, but trying to get her footing in the right place was what slowed her down some - how high were they even going? She didn't even question it, just followed not minding in the least.

And not even that he knew as little as she did in this whole trapping business. Location and luck, seemed like plausible assets to this venture. If skill and complete knowledge was required, then they, again, probably wouldn't have been able to come. And they were new creatures, so everyone seemed to have an even shot at this.

Once the two found a place to settle, Olivia looked down at the disassembled traps in her arms. It was true that there were no enchantments included and that she hadn't brought her own, but if she remembered the first sentence from the the chapter there had been mention that they were only aids and not essential to the process. So, there was at least that.

But it was now or never, and the small ghoul gave Molan an awkwardly encouraging smile before she chose a spot at random (really, no thought at all. No looking for signs of little feet or that even any small creature had been there) and went to work... trying to put her trap together. The pieces were complicated but at the same time not... or maybe she was doing it wrong, she had no idea.

Olivia just put pieces together that looked like they went together. "I think this is how it goes..."

Raja
Olivia at least has the advantage of already being dead ...
Doomed either way though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:05 pm

The climb wasn't that bad, but about halfway up he'd given up on trying to climb properly and just taken it the easier way. In his natural form. Even with a bag in his mouth four legs made keeping one's balance easier, and as he was lightly with more distributed weight it was less likely for anything to shift under him. Thus, proving to be an easier climb. He did at least go slowly, letting the less fortunate ghoul keep up. She may not have been able to get truly 'tired' from the climb, but she still had to make it up all the same. So every so often he got a rest as he waited for her, and she didn't get left too far behind. Just one little hill at a time. It all worked out.

As for the weather, the further up they went the better in his opinion. The cool air was rather refreshing, and it was quiet up here. He let out a sigh as they wandered onto a ledge that seemed... good enough. Or at least she seemed to mentally agree with him. They where a ways up and it seemed logical enough that there'd be a small dragon around? Maybe?

He glanced around after setting his own pack of trapping equipment down to see if he could spot anything that might hint it was a good spot, sniffing at a somewhat scraggly looking bsh before shrugging and wandering back to Olivia as she was beginning to try and set up the trap. He'd taken the short walk as a time to shift back to normal, stretching his arms over his head as he did before crouching down to watch. "I think... maybe the other way?" He added after a moment, tilting his head and reaching to try and help. Honestly, this was more akin to the blind leading the blind.

He should probably have bee setting up his own traps, but they'd want them a bit away from each other, so he'd figured getting the first one up in place was a good start. "I don't see any claws tracks here though." He added, not really bothered. If there weren't tracks, they could set this up and try to find some. Traps up first, then worry about possibly moving location later. They were DEFINITELY not going to catch anything if they didn't set up some sort of trap first. "So we'll maybe try... a spot to one side after this one?" He added, feeling he was probably commenting too much as she tried to help get the current project into some semblance of working order. They were a bit more fine tuned that the makeshift one he'd used on Storm, which made things a touch more complicated.

Just a little.

Chirigami
I'm just waiting for one of them to manage to set off the trap on themselves somehow. XD

Raja

Kawaii Shoujo

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Giving Danny a flustered look, Gene thanked the professor and went back to her friend and boilfriend, giving the latter a squeeze of his hand. "Well, Danny wants to go to the forest, and she would cry at the beach and the bog, so....forest it is." She smiled, ruffling Danny's hair (which was a little awkward, considering the demoness was four inches taller), and setting out with Mot in had.

Bittiface

Chimarii
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:01 pm

The Baku's reply disappointed the tail head a bit, however, the second part cheered it up. Xiu's spookies were so delicious, the head started to drool when it recalled the taste of it. "Really? Promise is a promise!" Its eyes brightened up, like a starry sky inside. AJ wiped the dropping saliva of the head and made a sigh. "Sorry for bothering you again, Xiu." The lovely baku sempai seemed to be mingling with her own friends, he'd better stopped disturbing her. "See you at lunch time then! Come, bro." Xiu seemed to be surrounded by a sweet scent all the time, which attracts the head to stay close to her. AJ had to pull it away......well, head, that's totally not a giant spookie.

AJ set his traps somewhere, and then his eyes was attracted by something. A pair of beautiful wings in golden tint. As a wingless amphisbaena, his feeling towards wings was complicated, he was jealous but he was also fond of them. He dusted off the mud and leaves on his outfit and walked towards where the shinny wings were.

It was the same group that was staying with Xiu and Mot, with addition of an unfamiliar face. "Hiya, I am AJ, nice to meet you. What's your name?" He screened through the Flame Demon, the Roc and stopped on a shadow ghoul with a bright smile.

While AJ was mingling with the group, the head was looking here and there. It smelt something good, what it was. "AJ! AJ! I smell some FOOOOOOOODs!!!!" AJ stopped for a while.

"And - this is my Bro. Call it anything you like." The head raised up to a level that everyone would notice it and started staring at each of them, from top to bottom.

Kaiyumi
Just reaction 8D

phantompanther13
Hello, Andrew with crackers XD

Theidren
Fiona Hiya~

Prolixity
Siddie <3

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:15 am

"Drama queen." Freya said, flatly, to her boilfriend. She then reached out, and punched him right on the arm. "THAT is for lyings teh my friend Yaya, because it's OBVIOUS I AM GOINGS TEH WINS. Lying is bad, Hooter. Bad. Bad." Just because they were going out, would never change just how competitive they were - and how physical.

Muka.. was just the best ever. Freya giggled at his little wiggly offer, and she bent her head into Yaya's shoulder, muffling her laughter.

Muka's offer, however, made her laughter stop. He would take the winner.. SHOPPING? s**t JUST GOT REAL. She had to win this, and if anyone else got close, she would destroy them utterly. "Okays, I will, ach, I don't has anything special teh offers.. maybe I will fights any one person that the winner wants me to? I guess.." She suddenly felt entirely inadequate. To compensate, she immediately teased Kettil. And punched him in the other shoulder.

"Well, what are YEH goings teh offer, poopy smelly butt?"

True love.

Pales

Beejoux

Pales
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items