Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Harry Potter] =o (Spoilers for movies & books) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:40 pm
Has anyone seen the movie yet? Any thoughts?

I personally didn't like it. I thought it was poorly handled, which makes me very sad for the HP. Ron had almost no lines! Though it was great to see him stand up for Harry when Harry was fighting with Seamus. heart heart And is it me or was Voldy giving Harry kinky pr0n dreams?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:46 pm
I saw the movie. =)
THE REST OF THIS IS LOADED WITH SPOILERS!
In my personal opinion, the actual movies themselves are getting better with each one. I mean, the acting is getting better and the special effects are getting better.
But I really didn't like it much for the content.
HIGHLIGHT FOR SPOILERS.

1 ) Harry didn't freak out like he was supposed to, which would have been really great to see since he was... you know... traumatized a few months ago and then forcibly isolated from the Wizarding World without even a letter from his friends to hold him over. Here he is, a fifteen year-old boy, living with the world's most terrible relatives in history, constantly reliving the moment Cedric died in his dreams, nobody to comfort him, and the most he does to express his anger is to tell Dumbledore that it's there.

2 ) There was no Quidditch. At all. No "Weasley is our King!". No really amusing lion hat from Luna. There wasn't even a MENTION of it. That upset me. =(

3 ) Draco was in it for like, 30 seconds. Lupin wasn't in it much either. He just kind of poofs in for two scenes and then he's gone.

4 ) THE EFFING PENSIEVES WEREN'T THERE. I was SO angry about that. The one thing I was ENORMOUSLY looking forward to was young!Sirius, Remus and James. We get two seconds worth of a close-up of young!James, and very fleeting and blurry shots of the boys behind him. We don't even get a very good shot of Snape, and it was his memory! Harry was supposed to have spent a long while tailing them as they took their OWLS, went out to the lake and acted generally like stupid boys. Did it happen? No.

5 ) The whole thing with Cho Chang was acted out entirely different from what happened in the book. Sure, the kiss was the same, but everything building up and happening afterwards was completely wrong. She never felt jealousy towards Hermione, she didn't constantly bring up Cedric, she didn't have a friend who ratted them all out in the end, and she never got broken up with. The last we ever even hear of her is when they realize that the reason she ratted them out was because she was under the influence of the truth serum stuff, and even after that she never got her redemption. Harry didn't apologize for wrongfully treating her like a two-faced jerk. And in fact, it seemed almost random that he would instantly jump to that conclusion anyway! She wasn't a bad girlfriend towards him in the movie, and he still gave her next to no credit. rolleyes Very poorly done there.

6 ) There was no Quibbler. Well, we see Luna reading a newspaper upside-down, but she doesn't explain it. She mentions her dad but she doesn't mention that he writes. She's always bringing up Nargles or whatever they're called -- but anyone who hasn't read the book would never know that they weren't real (or rather, something Luna and her father avidly believe in the existance of but no one else would really invest their interest in). And also, she wasn't shown to hang out with Ginny at all. The reason she shows up in the book is BECAUSE she's Ginny's friend. Otherwise, why in the world would she have any reason to be there? In the movie it's like she's just automatically accepted into their group, but that doesn't seem logical at all.

7 ) TONKS. Book five is the reason I don't hate her in book six. She was supposed to be this really cool character that you couldn't help but really like, but she wasn't very likable in the movie at all. Well, she was okay. She isn't a bad guy so you're neutral when she's there, but that's all you are. I didn't find myself saying "Oh wow, she's awesome!" when I should have. And now I'm just going to openly despise her in the next movie, if they stay true to her crush on Remus.
But then, what did I really expect? I didn't like who they cast for Sirius or Remus either.

8 ) There was nothing about Percy. They didn't even mention him. He was supposed to be an enormously arrogant jerkwad who served Fudge. But no.

9 ) Sirius and the veil. They don't explain the veil at all. They don't tell you that no one can come back after they go through it. They give you NOTHING. The poor percentage of the audience that hasn't read the book will have NO IDEA what just happened. It made his death less significant -- more unbelievable, like it'll all be fixed in the next movie and he's not really gone forever or something, and that made me mad. My little sister who unfortunately has no taste for reading books was like "...where did he go?"

The things I did like?
Fred and George were perfect. Right on the mark.
Luna Lovegood was very well cast. Her floaty voice and her big eyes and her general personality was impressively done. Umbridge was well cast too. She creeped me out and made me want to kill her just like the book Umbridge did.

And that's it, really. ::sigh:: There wasn't much to like about the movie when comparing it to the book. It wasn't accurate and most of the characters don't even seem significant. A shame.

retice

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:27 pm
            or perhaps in S L Y T H E R I N

retice. agreed on all matters. Seriously though - Draco is becoming too tall; I think Tom is taller than Ralph and Dumby's actor now O_o not natural; he's about seven inches taller than Harry... I can't work with that.

Another thing - Voldemort + Suit = ... umm, aren't suits MUGGLE clothes? I mean, Voldemort is probably not going to be wearing one; from what I've seen - they are meant to be wearing robes all of the time, there are more formal versions - and I am sure you can get very sophisticated, dominating robes too - not suits though, it wasn't even a particularly Voldemort!suit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:28 am
SPOILERS: (highlight)
Personally, I think the way Snape made Harry come over to him at the end of the seventh book so that he could see Lily's eyes one last time might be a tad bit gay..... you've all finished it by now, right? sweatdrop

But truly, my friends! The vaugly creepy obsession revealed in the latest book holds so many possiblities for Snape!

So what if it's creepy?  

duskydawn

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:22 am
COVER UP YOUR DAMNED POST! that is a ******** spoiler and no not eveyone will have read it yet!!!!! DELETE IT OR MAKE THE LETTERING WHITE! stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:27 pm
Duskydawn, um, no, I haven't finished it yet. In fact, it just came out today, so it isn't a good idea to assume that everyone even owns it yet. I would appreciate it if you could please make your lettering white or put a "SPOILERS AHOY" message in bold before your post because you just spoiled me and other people might not be very agreeable about that.
I'll make mine white too, even though I clearly stated what was in the post. Better safe than sorry.  

retice

retice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:35 pm
Mistress Ophiucha

retice. agreed on all matters. Seriously though - Draco is becoming too tall; I think Tom is taller than Ralph and Dumby's actor now O_o not natural; he's about seven inches taller than Harry... I can't work with that.

Another thing - Voldemort + Suit = ... umm, aren't suits MUGGLE clothes? I mean, Voldemort is probably not going to be wearing one; from what I've seen - they are meant to be wearing robes all of the time, there are more formal versions - and I am sure you can get very sophisticated, dominating robes too - not suits though, it wasn't even a particularly Voldemort!suit

Lol! Both points would make very funny comics!
I also noticed that there were no floating brains. RIP. =/  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:29 pm

Technically, a lot of people finished it a couple days ago because of the leak. but you should still cover or warn about spoilers.

Speaking of spoiler warnings

ALBUS SEVERUS. omfgwtfbbq. Hugo is pretty lame too. How did Tonks and Lupin progress from awkward hand-holding to getting her knocked up? Noberta. Lame. Everybody's deaths were lame for that matter, the best one was SEVERUS for the love of Jesus. Why on Ra's good earth would you kill one of the twins and take the other one's ear away? While I was a bit sad about Bella's death - I loved how Molly went psycho on her. Voldemort deserved a CHAPTER death, not a ******** paragraph. This is just the beginning of my beef. It will never end either.

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

retice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:29 pm
Mistress Ophiucha

Technically, a lot of people finished it a couple days ago because of the leak. but you should still cover or warn about spoilers.

Speaking of spoiler warnings

ALBUS SEVERUS. omfgwtfbbq. Hugo is pretty lame too. How did Tonks and Lupin progress from awkward hand-holding to getting her knocked up? Noberta. Lame. Everybody's deaths were lame for that matter, the best one was SEVERUS for the love of Jesus. Why on Ra's good earth would you kill one of the twins and take the other one's ear away? While I was a bit sad about Bella's death - I loved how Molly went psycho on her. Voldemort deserved a CHAPTER death, not a ******** paragraph. This is just the beginning of my beef. It will never end either.

I had no idea there was a leak. =0
Oh my God, the Twins and Tonks-less Lupin are the only reasons I even planned on reading the book. Now I can see that there's really no reason for me to read it. I'll just get all pissed off again like directly after HBP.
I can't believe she killed only one of the twins. That makes me so sad. I just... they were always my favorite, and you can't have one without the other. You just can't. They're like Hikaru and Kaoru.

It's ruined for me. I loved the series so much when it was just up to PoA. cry How terrible is it that I think the fanfiction for this series is better than what actually happened?
Don't get me wrong, I'll always admire JKR's writing talent. She has this fantastic plot and this fantastic world and these fantastic characters, but then the way she uses them wound up pissing me off.
If you're a lousy romance writer, don't put romance in your epic novel. Jesus Christ. Every single pairing in Harry Potter minus James/Lily and Mr./Mrs. Weasley upset me.
::runs off to calm down on FF.net::  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:04 pm
SORRY SORRY SORRY! I've changed it now!

And yes, the very end part? That was just poor. It read like bad fanfiction and the content was no better. It's like she threw it out 5 minutes before the deadline. UGH. Book suffered by containing it.  

duskydawn

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:20 am
Good im glad you changed it, sorry for snapping at you, the ending if the book was the whole reason i was in a bad mood >< Yeah that Eplilouge was so cheesy it was unbelivable and i think it ended on a bad note, if she had left the epilouge out, people could have made thier own decisions bout what Harry did in the future, seen as JK isn't going to write anything else with Harry in it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:15 am
I'm sad for the lack of slash, but on the bright side of things Albus Severus/Scorpius, anybody? AS/S, yo. I've already written fic for these cuties and put it on the AS/S LJ Comm xD  

Kitsune-chi

retice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:42 pm
Jade Rotaski
Eplilouge was so cheesy it was unbelivable and i think it ended on a bad note, if she had left the epilouge out, people could have made thier own decisions bout what Harry did in the future, seen as JK isn't going to write anything else with Harry in it.

JKR has this huge possessive complex with her characters, I've noticed. She got angry over parodies, over Harry/Hermione, and now she couldn't even leave room for the fans to have fun with the end, which really tore apart my respect for her. God forbid we have different ideas on where her beloved characters should wind up!
::deep breaths:: Sorry, I'm just so bitter right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:15 pm
Kitsune-chi
I'm sad for the lack of slash, but on the bright side of things Albus Severus/Scorpius, anybody? AS/S, yo. I've already written fic for these cuties and put it on the AS/S LJ Comm xD

omg, I am writing a fic for Al/Scorp too! Even my friend who hates Harry/Draco is tempted to do it O_o - so tempting

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:19 pm
Mistress Ophiucha
Kitsune-chi

omg, I am writing a fic for Al/Scorp too! Even my friend who hates Harry/Draco is tempted to do it O_o - so tempting

AHHH! I hated the ending... Until I was like. WOAH. WHAT IF ALBUS SEVERUS WAS IN SLYTHERIN WITH SCORPIUS BWHAHAHA.
I dunno. Imaa BIG DracoxHarry fan. And I don't really like Ginny. Bwhahah. Okay. I'm ranting.
Oh wait. I WANT THOSE FANFICTION LINKS PEOPLE!  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games