Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evil-Chihuahua84

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:55 pm
Now that you mention it...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:28 pm
My own army is quite character based - classic herohammer for some, but not overpowered as now troops are much more point-efficient.
3 sorceresses (one High on DP)and assassin form the heroic lead
core troops are 3 squads of 10 crossbow warriors
distraction troops include harpies nad shades in 6 strong squads
finally 4 RBTs for some real firepower
and 10 witch elves for countercharge anything that survives 96 bolts per turn
sorceresses deal damage and disrupt, assassin is hidden surprise
if playing with special characters, I upgrade him to Shadowblade or High Sorceress to Morathi  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

[Fraggle]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:17 am
What unit would people suggest I use an Assassin in?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:32 pm
[Fraggle]
What unit would people suggest I use an Assassin in?

Not Executioners as they attract a lot of missile fire. Usually put him in a normal spearman unit or a unit of Black Guard.  

Dark Lore

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:21 am
surprise with a charge from crossbow warriors including assassin has won me many a combat...
my fave unit though to hide him in is witch elves for melee monster  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:10 am
Righto, Thanks. Is it cheesey if I take an Assassin in a 500pt game.... XD

[Fraggle]

Razorith Vulsroy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:18 am
No, not really... but I'm pretty sure you'd need another character as well. I don't think Assassins can be your army general.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:03 pm
assassin cant be general, right. but nothing is too underhanded for the Druchii...  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

GamerChick16

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:17 am
He are being released in November, then VC, then Dark Elves are getting redone.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:21 am
Van Evok
assassin cant be general, right. but nothing is too underhanded for the Druchii...
Just take a Assassin, and a untooled hero, sure thats like what, 200 pts gone? but still  

Reddemon

El Lubricabre

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:33 pm
I've seen a few of dem new rules. They is quite spiffy. 3nodding

Details are a bit fuzzy, but I remember a few bits and pieces.

*All Dark Elves have hatred against everyone, with eternal hatred against high elves scream

*There are now "Khainite" units and characters which cannot mix with normal Dark Elves.

*repeater crossbows are armor piercing. the new repeater handbows, can fire 4x shots at an 8" range.

*Malekith has an awesome shield-thingy. It gives him magic resistance 2, and if he successfully dispels a spell the caster suffers multiple strength 6 hits. rofl He can also be mounted on a cold one.

*Lokhir Fellheart (Davy Jones) is pretty sweet. He has terror and regeneration, along with getting an extra attack per enemy rank. Lokhir can also perform a "daring leap", allowing him to move into base-to-base contact with a specific enemy model.

*Black Guard character, unit upgrade, makes a unit of Black Guard unbreakable.

*Executioner character dude, a unit upgrade, assuming he kills an enemy in a challenge, gets d3 extra combat resolution.

*Magic Stew Pot is different. Pick a unit within a certain range. It gets a 5 up ward save, additional attack, and killing blow.

*There is a witch elf character chic with a strength 10 shiv.

*Hydra has regeneration, coupled with a strength five breath attack. Howevers, as it goes down in wounds, so does the strength of it's attack.

*They have a magic banner that makes a unit always strike first, along with one that makes one unbreakable.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:43 am
Dark Elf Spearhead is out for ordering now ladz!  

Shinobi_8745

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:48 am
The Hydra looks nice and more organic this time round.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:41 pm
El Lubricabre

*All Dark Elves have hatred against everyone, with eternal hatred against high elves scream
Which is funny, as the only other character (I can think of) with a rule similar to this is Grimgor, and he's a bloodthirsty maniac. Probably is the best way to represent their contempt for 'lesser' races without overpowering them, though (Stubborn DE's, anyone?).

Quote:
*repeater crossbows are armor piercing. the new repeater handbows, can fire 4x shots at an 8" range.
I hope this is a joke. They'd better be at S2 if firing this fast.

Quote:
*Malekith has an awesome shield-thingy. It gives him magic resistance 2, and if he successfully dispels a spell the caster suffers multiple strength 6 hits. rofl He can also be mounted on a cold one.
I say this is great, he was too weak for who he is as of this edition.

Overall, decent rumors that don't seem too extreme.  

Drachyench

El Lubricabre

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:52 am
The store I've been goin to has the book up at the front. blaugh So, like any nerdy dude, have been readin through it.

*It's not a joke foo! Hand bows do not suffer penalty for long range or for moving and shooting. However, you have the option of equipping Black Ark Corsairs with either a single bow (2x) or duel bows (4x)

*On further clarification, Malekith's item is called the Spite Shield. If you dispel a spell that would effect his unit, then the caster takes str 6 hits for every die they used to cast it. He also has the Destroyer, which can target magic levels or magic items. Immune to psychology. Malekith wears heavy armor, and has a 2+ ward save against non-magical attacks. Any Dark Elf unit within 12' will automatically pass all panic checks. He is 600 pts on foot. It varies if you choose to put him on somethin.

*Speakin o' magic shenanigans, there are two awesome arcane items. One is the focus familiar. The caster picks a spot on the table, 6' away from an enemy, and can use it for determining range and line of sight. It's 25 pts. The other is the Ring of Hotex, causing any spell cast within 12' of the wearer to miscast on any doubles. Also 25.

*Assassins, though unit upgrades now, can take 75 pts of stuff.

*Manticores have killing blow. They are also "uncontrollable". This means you must take a leadership test at the beginning of each turn. If it's failed, both the rider and mount suffer from Frenzy.

Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff