The Skaven Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ridian813

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:45 pm
El Lubricabre
In a campaign I'm playing, I'm stuck for a strategy against a wood elf player.

He has three units of ten glade guard archers, a unit of wardancers, a unit of waywatchers, and a unit of dryads.

I have a unit of clanrat spearmen, a unit of clanrats, unit of clanrat slaves, six jezzails, a warplightning cannon, ten night runners, a tunneling team, two ratling guns, a warpfire launcher, a warlock engineer, one pack of giant rats, and some poisen wind globladiers.

Last game, I couldn't even get near his units. Does anyone know any good ideas for assaulting a wood elf firing line?

Hmmm....quite a few ways....some cover and a warlock engineer could work,the tunneling teams behind them,slave screen and then charge up behind them,warplightning cannon.....self explanatory,convert one of your gutter runnners to an assassin(they shouldnt give a damn if its not the actual model) and assassinate,or use slave screen,and bring the warpfire right up into those that make it to the line. If you can tihnk of it there are plenty ways to deal with the line  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:55 pm
Ha just got in the guild... why is no one talking about the Skaven they rule I just started with them and I think i'm going Plague.  

Misfit_the

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:29 am
Misfit_the
Ha just got in the guild... why is no one talking about the Skaven they rule I just started with them and I think i'm going Plague.

Because most of the die-hard skaven fans are on www.underempire.net . xP  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:31 am
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Misfit_the

Because most of the die-hard skaven fans are on www.underempire.net . xP

I guess I'll check that out then  

Misfit_the

Dark-Kratios

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:10 am
im an old member of the under empire. little bit on the major rule. NO RULE POSTING. one of the members (im not ganna say wich one mrgreen ) is a games workshop eavy metal team painter and will jump down on anyone who posts any for of rules.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:46 pm
Lol

Well...I've been able to buy more recently ...and now I have about 1700 points ...(though only about 60 points painted cause the GW and its free paints near my house closed down)
but yeah I'm on the underempire boards alot.....using the same name as my gaia too XD  

Ridian813

knight of awsome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:50 pm
well i just started to paint my 40 unpaited guy and spending 60 min on one guy is hard but fun. so i just joined the under emepire. so i have like 700 points in counting  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:32 pm
I just restarted my Skaven army. It was the first fantasy army I started, and the models were looking a little shabby and unused. So I cleaned them up. I've got 900 some odd points, most of which is in a huge Clanrat regiment. Only probblem is, I can't remember what some of the weapons they have do(not the ones in their book, things like great weapons, and throwing stars... It's been a loooong time since I've played fantasy. sweatdrop ) and I need to come up with a color scheme.  

Ruric Torrune

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:42 pm
Ruric Torrune
I just restarted my Skaven army. It was the first fantasy army I started, and the models were looking a little shabby and unused. So I cleaned them up. I've got 900 some odd points, most of which is in a huge Clanrat regiment. Only probblem is, I can't remember what some of the weapons they have do(not the ones in their book, things like great weapons, and throwing stars... It's been a loooong time since I've played fantasy. sweatdrop ) and I need to come up with a color scheme.

Well what Clan do you plan on doing?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 pm
Daemon_King
Ruric Torrune

I plan on going vanella, like my old Skaven army was, but I have to cut down on some of the things I had back then, mintures have gone missing when I moved... But what I have are: 28 Clanrats with hand weapons, 10 Night Runners with additonal hand weapons, and throwing stars, 7 Gutter Runners with throwing stars, 3 Jezzails, Rattling Gun, Assassin, Chieftan( I might have to ditch him... Model of my own crafting, and it doesnt look... Right...) and a Plauge Priest. I was thinking of painting them with green as the main color, but then it would look like the army from the book. Red was another idea, but that would make them look like alot of my other armys.  

Ruric Torrune

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:01 pm
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King
Ruric Torrune

I plan on going vanella, like my old Skaven army was, but I have to cut down on some of the things I had back then, mintures have gone missing when I moved... But what I have are: 28 Clanrats with hand weapons, 10 Night Runners with additonal hand weapons, and throwing stars, 7 Gutter Runners with throwing stars, 3 Jezzails, Rattling Gun, Assassin, Chieftan( I might have to ditch him... Model of my own crafting, and it doesnt look... Right...) and a Plauge Priest. I was thinking of painting them with green as the main color, but then it would look like the army from the book. Red was another idea, but that would make them look like alot of my other armys.

Okay, well how big do you want it, and a color you could go with is black, white, or maybe brown as a main color. It would most likely depend on the unit. Anywho, if you plain on doing a vanilla army list then you would want to cut down on the Clans units and more on Skaven Clanrats, Clan Slaves, Stormvermin, and rat swarms as your base for the army.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:09 pm
Daemon_King
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King
Ruric Torrune

Okay, well how big do you want it, and a color you could go with is black, white, or maybe brown as a main color. It would most likely depend on the unit. Anywho, if you plain on doing a vanilla army list then you would want to cut down on the Clans units and more on Skaven Clanrats, Clan Slaves, Stormvermin, and rat swarms as your base for the army.

I was thinking a leather color for their cloth would look nice, I'd just have to paint it lighter than the fur. I'm just going to keep expanding on the army, it's what I do with all of them. Err... When I said vanella I ment more balenced, having an equaled amount of each clan. My old list worked realy well for me, but alot of the Clanrats I had dissipeared along with my old warboss when I moved. That seems to happen alot... I'm thinking of varying the tone of what ever color I use for their cloth so that each model has a slightly differnt tone to them. I did it with the fur last time I painted them and it looked pretty good. An odd shade of blue might also look good, black would make them look to Eshin like, and white is a pain to shade.  

Ruric Torrune

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:40 pm
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King
Ruric Torrune

I was thinking a leather color for their cloth would look nice, I'd just have to paint it lighter than the fur. I'm just going to keep expanding on the army, it's what I do with all of them. Err... When I said vanella I ment more balenced, having an equaled amount of each clan. My old list worked realy well for me, but alot of the Clanrats I had dissipeared along with my old warboss when I moved. That seems to happen alot... I'm thinking of varying the tone of what ever color I use for their cloth so that each model has a slightly differnt tone to them. I did it with the fur last time I painted them and it looked pretty good. An odd shade of blue might also look good, black would make them look to Eshin like, and white is a pain to shade.

Sorry, what I meant was is have things that aren't really Clan specific oriented. Have a base of Clanrats, Slaves, Stromvermin, and rat swarms to be more of the stuff you would have than units being of Clan Pestilen, Skyre, Moulder, and Eshin. So your vanillia, that's what I call it, seems more balanced between Clans. So, your coloring could be a leather cloth, so snakebite leather should work, and black could be armor, or metal, just dry brush boltgun metal over it. The fur could be brown, or black for Stormvermin, Rat Ogres, and Warlords. White fur if you plan on having a Grey Seer, which could have an odd shade of blue for cloth along with a leather color cloth. If painted right it may look pretty good.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:57 pm
Daemon_King

Sorry, what I meant was is have things that aren't really Clan specific oriented. Have a base of Clanrats, Slaves, Stromvermin, and rat swarms to be more of the stuff you would have than units being of Clan Pestilen, Skyre, Moulder, and Eshin. So your vanillia, that's what I call it, seems more balanced between Clans. So, your coloring could be a leather cloth, so snakebite leather should work, and black could be armor, or metal, just dry brush boltgun metal over it. The fur could be brown, or black for Stormvermin, Rat Ogres, and Warlords. White fur if you plan on having a Grey Seer, which could have an odd shade of blue for cloth along with a leather color cloth. If painted right it may look pretty good.

Yeah, once I get another unit of Clanrats my base will be half way done, I want a rat swarm(something else that dissipeared) and I'd go with Storm Virmen only thing is, I don't know what halburds do. My last incarnation of the army had a very rag tag apearince, the cloth was all different colors and the only thing that unified them was their shields. I'm varing the color of their fur, so that they don't look exactly the same, using different techniqes with a light and dark brown. White fur also looks good on slaves, in an odd way. Metal such as the armour and weapons usualy are a dry brush of bolt gun over black, followed by a wash of either green or brown. Usualy looks good. Yeah, I think I'm going to try brown leather, a blue gray color, and bleached bone for cloth. It should look good in the end.  

Ruric Torrune

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:41 pm
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King

Yeah, once I get another unit of Clanrats my base will be half way done, I want a rat swarm(something else that dissipeared) and I'd go with Storm Virmen only thing is, I don't know what halburds do. My last incarnation of the army had a very rag tag apearince, the cloth was all different colors and the only thing that unified them was their shields. I'm varing the color of their fur, so that they don't look exactly the same, using different techniqes with a light and dark brown. White fur also looks good on slaves, in an odd way. Metal such as the armour and weapons usualy are a dry brush of bolt gun over black, followed by a wash of either green or brown. Usualy looks good. Yeah, I think I'm going to try brown leather, a blue gray color, and bleached bone for cloth. It should look good in the end.

Haliberds aren't too hard to figure out, just look in the Warhammer Rulebook, or ask someone at the store. I'd like to tell ya, but I think that would be a breech in the guild rules, you know giving out rules for something. Anywho, what you have planned sounds pretty good.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff