Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Lizardmen Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Custodian Lord

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:19 pm
Has anyone actually tried playing the red host?
Whenever I do it gets utterly destroyed  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:10 pm
red host hard but fun. I had buttok army

any ways i had an easy 2K without a lord and only one hero. Not even a rare unit. But it all just got stollen. TRust me it sucks. My book, case, army list, dice, whip stick every thing gone. i just got a lizard battle batallon and im going to restart my lizards but this time.... all the more deadly. Heres my plan....

16 cold one full cmd minus musician+ war banner

2 units of 16 saurus. 1 unit spear and shield, 1 unit hand weapon and shield both full cmd + war banner

3 units skinks blowpipe (40, 40, 40) + scouting to all

3 skink priest lvl 2, one on cold one with rider unit, one with skink a unit, 1 with saurus

can some one tell me exactially how many points that is. My army book got stolen so i dont know  

glryrox

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:13 am
Jerhien
eh it takes time, and I was working for the company so I only paid 40%.

Lucky b*****d... stare

I've only ever lost three times. One of those times was to Lizardmen. I swear he had sold his soul to the Dice Gods, but I was still dumbstruck. I haven't played a Lizardmen army since, but next time, next time...I WILL PREVAIL!!!

As I've stated before, it was partly because I had unusually bad luck. But a lot of it was the fact that he had units that were a match for my chaos warriors, and he had a lot more of them. Plus, stegadons seem to have a horrible knack of being impossible to kill. Granted, this was one of the few 3000pt battles I've ever played where I didn't include my Bloodthirster, but it was still cheap. I mean, we're not even talking about a good match here. We're talking about a massacre. That's the only massacre I've been in in which I was the victim. Khorne magical resistance? Slaan Lord says,"Hocus Pocus", there's a big BANG, then a bellowing,"Screw you!" from the Slaan Lord as he blasts my army into oblivion. He didn't really use any tactics. He just charged all my men, even with his Slaan Lord, but he won almost every combat. In all, I believe that Lizardmen are a tad on the strong side. They have good magic, good troops, and poisoned arrows, what's not to like about them? But that's just my opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:04 pm
I play Wood Elfs and... HEY! stop laughing! Anyways, My firend plays lizardmen, and his skinks always suck and do nothing much. Are they only good for being a meat sheild?  

ubergeist

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:49 pm
Skinks? Meat shields? eek NO WAY!!! Skinks are good in large numbers. Poisoned attacks start to show when you have large numbers of them.

Oh, and my friend collects Wood Elves too. They're nothing to laugh at. neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:13 pm
OMG finally a place that has my army. i was freaking out cuz ithere were all those vamps and emipre stuff and i couldnt find my own army!!!!! anyways ya i kinda just started my lizard army. don't got much money to spend on 'em tho yet. here's what i got so far:

Hero: Saurus Scar Vet
light armor, enchanted shield, sword of the hornet, quetzl spawn,tepok spawn.= 157 pts.

Core: 16 Saurus Warriors w/ cmnd(duh)=222 pts

12 skinks-pipes+brave=77 pts

12 skinks-jav/shield+brave=77 pts

Rare: Sala Hunt Pack=65 pts.

Yes I know its VERY small for a fantasy army, but I just started playing. any suggestions on what i should get in the future? and should i make any changes in equipment? what do you guys think? you guys sound like you've been playing for 2 yrs+ or sumthing.  

Asian_Slipknot

Asian_Slipknot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:23 pm
Oh ya heres what i plan to get for 2k point gaming. tell me if i should change nething.

light armor, enchanted shield, sword of the hornet, quetzl spawn,tepok spawn.= 157 pts.

Skink Priest. lvl2. 2x dispel scrolls.=150 pts

16 saurus warriors w/ cmnd=222 pts

16 saurus warriors w/ spears and cmnd=254 pts

12skink-pipes+brave=77 pts

Special: 8 cold one riders w/ cmnd=330 pts

3 kroxigor+ancient =194 pts

3 terradons+brave=115 pts

Rare: 3 sala hunting packs=195 pts

TOTAL pts= 1993 pts!!!!

So what u think guys? is that ok for a 2k army? what u think i should take instead or what changes should i make?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:13 pm
ubergeist
I play Wood Elfs and... HEY! stop laughing! Anyways, My firend plays lizardmen, and his skinks always suck and do nothing much. Are they only good for being a meat sheild?

What u talking bout skinks being a meat shield? blowpipe skinks get 2x multiple shots with their pipes. can lets say a squad of dryads take 15 hits in one turn? maybe... but not likely.  

Asian_Slipknot

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:29 pm
Asian_Slipknot
ubergeist

What u talking bout skinks being a meat shield? blowpipe skinks get 2x multiple shots with their pipes. can lets say a squad of dryads take 15 hits in one turn? maybe... but not likely.

Skinks are best used as meat shields, or as cheap hit and runs. Though, they may not get off that many shots when using 2x multiple shots with their blowpipes.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:15 pm
Asian_Slipknot
OMG finally a place that has my army. i was freaking out cuz ithere were all those vamps and emipre stuff and i couldnt find my own army!!!!! anyways ya i kinda just started my lizard army. don't got much money to spend on 'em tho yet. here's what i got so far:

Yes I know its VERY small for a fantasy army, but I just started playing. any suggestions on what i should get in the future? and should i make any changes in equipment? what do you guys think? you guys sound like you've been playing for 2 yrs+ or sumthing.

Get a slaan mage priest once your army reaches around the 2000 point mark. They kick a**.  

Lethkhar

Asian_Slipknot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:38 pm
Daemon_king
Asian_Slipknot
ubergeist

Skinks are best used as meat shields, or as cheap hit and runs. Though, they may not get off that many shots when using 2x multiple shots with their blowpipes.

that is kinda true. thanx for the tip neways  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:40 pm
Lethkhar
Asian_Slipknot

Get a slaan mage priest once your army reaches around the 2000 point mark. They kick a**.

ya i wuz thinking of getting one but they eat your points up like a kid eats up candy. and they are slight more expensive than maybe getting a saurus hero on a cold one confused  

Asian_Slipknot

Asian_Slipknot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:54 pm
noone really does go on this forum nemore now do they? my gosh u peoples minds have been corrupted by the like of elves, and dwarves, and humans, and junk, and forced you to join their evil cruel armies!!!!! lol getting to much into it there.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:24 pm
wow so noone really does go here nemore eh? wow that sux. poo. what a shame. oh well. i guess i'm the only remaining lizard force left in the world... sad what happened to all my allies/brethren?  

Asian_Slipknot

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:11 pm
Asian_Slipknot
Lethkhar
Asian_Slipknot

ya i wuz thinking of getting one but they eat your points up like a kid eats up candy. and they are slight more expensive than maybe getting a saurus hero on a cold one confused

Yes, but they are way better than saurus heros. They are without a doubt the best wizards in the game. (Of course I've never played Tomb Kings so that might not be true. I've hear Tomb Kings have kick-a** magic too.)  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff