PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:17 am
Yeata Zi
Halfling Heroine
Yeata Zi
Halfling Heroine
Yeata Zi
The Undead Suitor

ambitious cunning people who always turn evil
There are bunches of slytherins who aren't evil. Snape, for instance. Totally not evil--despite Harry's best intentions to turn him evil.

And what about evil Gryffs... aren't they supposed to be pure of heart or some junk? They exist!

You've got a point there. Actually, I've been discussing the whole Slytherin is an evil house stereotype with others in the Harry Potter forum. They made some very interesting arguements for Slytherin not being inherently evil. I've come around to the idea that being sorted into Slytherin isn't so bad after all~ 3nodding
I have a friend who is like the sweetest little girl ever, and she got sorted into that house.

Which just shows how that whole negative perception of Slytherin is total rubbish. I just feel a bit embrassed for having made such a fuss about being sorted there in the first place! xd
I'm glad they changed your mind on it.

Besides, you guys are winning, right?

I haven't a clue! I never checked out the house points actually. I should probably do that at some stage. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:03 pm
NewtDraconis27968, of house Slytherin.
...I can never remember that string of numbers. Good thing the browser remembers it for me. |D

As for wands:
Hornbeam with dragon core, 12.5 inches, supple.

Quote:
My own wand is made of hornbeam, and so it is with all due modesty that I state that hornbeam selects for its life mate the talented witch or wizard with a single, pure passion, which some might call obsession (though I prefer the term ‘vision’), which will almost always be realised. Hornbeam wands adapt more quickly than almost any other to their owner’s style of magic, and will become so personalised, so quickly, that other people will find them extremely difficult to use even for the most simple of spells. Hornbeam wands likewise absorb their owner’s code of honour, whatever that might be, and will refuse to perform acts - whether for good or ill - that do not tally with their master’s principles. A particularly fine-tuned and sentient wand.

Cress Sybellos

Nimble Explorer

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:43 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.ElmFlame1896! I picked that name option cause it was the least amount of numbers. xd

I'll be adding a few of you, why? Cause I'm so lonely. emo  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:13 pm
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.ElmFlame1896! I picked that name option cause it was the least amount of numbers. xd

I'll be adding a few of you, why? Cause I'm so lonely. emo
Just added you so no longer be lonely mrgreen
Now lets go steal that Elder Wand!  

Troll Djinn

Shapeshifter

Starzel

Sparkling Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:46 pm
NewtPatronus31209
I haven't even gone to Hogwarts yet though because I keep studying all the pages wondering if there is more for a good five minutes.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:04 pm
Buehuehue  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

itsyaboii

9,375 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:15 pm
gaia_star
ChaserCrimson18128, Slytherin. Not surprised, I am ambitious and I would be lying if I said I cared about being ~noble~ and ~protecting others~.
I also hiss at people when they bother me. Though it's more of a cat hiss.

Wand: English Oak, 13 and 1/4 inches, Phoenix feather, slightly springy.
I wanted a big a** wand but apparently I'm not cool enough emo

However...

Quote:
A wand for good times and bad, this is a friend as loyal as the wizard who deserves it. Wands of English oak demand partners of strength, courage and fidelity. Less well-known is the propensity for owners of English oak wands to have powerful intuition, and, often, an affinity with the magic of the natural world, with the creatures and plants that are necessary to wizardkind for both magic and pleasure. The oak tree is called King of the Forest from the winter solstice up until the summer solstice, and its wood should only be collected during that time (holly becomes King as the days begin to shorten again, and so holly should only be gathered as the year wanes. This divide is believed to be the origin of the old superstition, “when his wand’s oak and hers is holly, then to marry would be folly,” a superstition that I have found baseless). It is said that Merlin’s wand was of English oak (though his grave has never been found, so this cannot be proven).

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:26 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I was shocked I was not in Huffelpuff, I know I would totally be in Hufflepuff cause I am really lame. However I guess I do have some 'extreme' way of thinking and made me a prefect fit for Sytherin. Lucky me!  

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:18 pm
Paeperclips
gaia_star
ChaserCrimson18128, Slytherin. Not surprised, I am ambitious and I would be lying if I said I cared about being ~noble~ and ~protecting others~.
I also hiss at people when they bother me. Though it's more of a cat hiss.

Wand: English Oak, 13 and 1/4 inches, Phoenix feather, slightly springy.
I wanted a big a** wand but apparently I'm not cool enough emo

However...

Quote:
A wand for good times and bad, this is a friend as loyal as the wizard who deserves it. Wands of English oak demand partners of strength, courage and fidelity. Less well-known is the propensity for owners of English oak wands to have powerful intuition, and, often, an affinity with the magic of the natural world, with the creatures and plants that are necessary to wizardkind for both magic and pleasure. The oak tree is called King of the Forest from the winter solstice up until the summer solstice, and its wood should only be collected during that time (holly becomes King as the days begin to shorten again, and so holly should only be gathered as the year wanes. This divide is believed to be the origin of the old superstition, “when his wand’s oak and hers is holly, then to marry would be folly,” a superstition that I have found baseless). It is said that Merlin’s wand was of English oak (though his grave has never been found, so this cannot be proven).
Nice!

mY WAND IS HUGE, AND MADE OF dOGWOOD... WHICH MAKES ME sNARKY.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:07 pm
So, I'm in Hufflepuff, unexpected but it was cool to read about the common room and all that, I don't think it was in the books.
Wand is unicorn, ash, unyielding, 12 1/4  

Starzel

Sparkling Supporter

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:43 am
some chapters from the chmber of secrets are supposedly open.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:31 pm
Yeata Zi
some chapters from the chmber of secrets are supposedly open.
Oh! Thanks for the update, I'm glad they're finally adding more content, I had pretty much forgotten about it.  

Chixen

Sweet Witch

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:06 pm
Had an account in Pottermore and didn't come back to it until now. Thought I was going to be a Hufflepuff because of the loyalty thing going on with them, but I got sorted into Ravenclaw for some odd reason. I seriously doubt I have a high IQ or am a witty person to be placed in that house.

My wand:

10 in. Slightly Springly

Phoenix Core:
This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike.

Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

Wood: Alder
Alder is an unyielding wood, yet I have discovered that its ideal owner is not stubborn or obstinate, but often helpful, considerate and most likeable. Whereas most wand woods seek similarity in the characters of those they will best serve, alder is unusual in that it seems to desire a nature that is, if not precisely opposite to its own, then certainly of a markedly different type. When an alder wand is happily placed, it becomes a magnificent, loyal helpmate. Of all wand types, alder is best suited to non-verbal spell work, whence comes its reputation for being suitable only for the most advanced witches and wizards.

Why do I have a wand that'll make my wizarding life miserable? I could see myself yelling at my wand 24/7 for its haughty nature. emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:48 am
Yen Quest
Had an account in Pottermore and didn't come back to it until now. Thought I was going to be a Hufflepuff because of the loyalty thing going on with them, but I got sorted into Ravenclaw for some odd reason. I seriously doubt I have a high IQ or am a witty person to be placed in that house.

My wand:

10 in. Slightly Springly

Phoenix Core:
This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike.

Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

Wood: Alder
Alder is an unyielding wood, yet I have discovered that its ideal owner is not stubborn or obstinate, but often helpful, considerate and most likeable. Whereas most wand woods seek similarity in the characters of those they will best serve, alder is unusual in that it seems to desire a nature that is, if not precisely opposite to its own, then certainly of a markedly different type. When an alder wand is happily placed, it becomes a magnificent, loyal helpmate. Of all wand types, alder is best suited to non-verbal spell work, whence comes its reputation for being suitable only for the most advanced witches and wizards.

Why do I have a wand that'll make my wizarding life miserable? I could see myself yelling at my wand 24/7 for its haughty nature. emotion_donotwant

Now where do you find this information about your wand?? I want to know more about mine, but I'm feeling pretty lost in this...  

Oneide

Moonlight Senshi

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:03 pm
Oneide

Now where do you find this information about your wand?? I want to know more about mine, but I'm feeling pretty lost in this...
You know how each page/chapter of the book in Pottermore, there's a "read about" section on the left side of the screen? The wand information can be found in... *rechecks* ...the "visiting Ollivanders" page where you were first given your wand (first book, chapter 5).

If you favorite the wand info (which there are three of them: Wand Cores, Wand Length & Flexibility, and Wand Woods), you'll be able to find it under "objects" tab of your favorites section. I place any informative/helpful/etc information under favorites for future reference (and convenience sake).  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff