Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:00 pm
~Lady Kanna~
We would also occasionally get a drag queen, cross-dresser, transgender, or transsexual in, and they were the absolute best customers ever. Always polite and very thankful for the help. One of the other bosses threw a s**t storm whenever she found out though. I can't believe she would treat a customer like that.

There was one time that ever really made me feel uncomfortable though. A man had called on the phone, which I answered, and wanted me to check and see if we had some thigh-highs in his size available. This wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't kept talking about how he had made these women cheat on their significant others with African American men, and make them get pregnant. He kept trying to get me to introduce him to my mom to make her do the same, which utterly disgusted me. Of course, I couldn't do anything but continue to be polite via company policy. We aren't allowed to hang up on a customer, even if they're doing something like that. I really wish they would change the policy for that.

We get men at my store looking for women's shoes. c: They are always super nice. They also seem to be more willing for us to look for the shoes they're wanting at other stores and such. e.e; For a lot of people that seems to be too much effort though.

And that phone guy is hella creepy. I would have hung up on him.

But then I call the police when I see people (that I've already kicked out of my store once) in the parking lot and headed for the store. <<;; There is a lot of bullshit that I won't stand for.

And I seem to be the only one. DX Last summer there was a guy that would sit in the kids area and flash his p***s. The girls working there were not as confrontational and it took a lot before they finally called the police on him one day and made him leave.

My face when I heard the stories about him: emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:05 pm
7obias

-high five to my fellow store worker- emotion_dealwithit
When you have a bad day at work, the best you can do is to talk about it x]
I'm glad I could make your day a little better! smile

I work in a burger place, but customer service is customer service, be it in a store or a fast food joint.

There was one lady who ordered some fries and a drink for her son. She started to complain because we don't have apple juice on our menu anymore. We do have orange and rasberry juice though. We also have milk and different sodas. But no, those were not good for her. Then she went on about how you can't give soda to kids, how orange juice is bad for your teeth and that the rasberry drink has added sugar in it and her son is allergic to milk... so only thing her son can drink here is water. Last thing she said was "So, you don't have anything for the children to drink here."
And of course it was my fault that we don't have apple juice anymore.

... I really really really wanted to ask her that how can she feed her son fries if she's this worried about his health... But I didn't of course.  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

7obias

Wicked Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:10 pm
Iehonatane
7obias

-high five to my fellow store worker- emotion_dealwithit
When you have a bad day at work, the best you can do is to talk about it x]
I'm glad I could make your day a little better! smile

I work in a burger place, but customer service is customer service, be it in a store or a fast food joint.

There was one lady who ordered some fries and a drink for her son. She started to complain because we don't have apple juice on our menu anymore. We do have orange and rasberry juice though. We also have milk and different sodas. But no, those were not good for her. Then she went on about how you can't give soda to kids, how orange juice is bad for your teeth and that the rasberry drink has added sugar in it and her son is allergic to milk... so only thing her son can drink here is water. Last thing she said was "So, you don't have anything for the children to drink here."
And of course it was my fault that we don't have apple juice anymore.

... I really really really wanted to ask her that how can she feed her son fries if she's this worried about his health... But I didn't of course.

That's the wonder about working with people. No matter what, as the employee, you have to smile and take the crap - no matter how bad it is. And it will always be "your" fault in the customer's eyes, even when you explain to them that it's a decision made by the people at HQ. Customers generally can't see further than their own nose, when something's wrong they will take it out on those they can see o.e  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:37 am
I've spent enough time being the cashier to have a ridiculous amount of patience and understanding when it comes to mishaps. Especially for larger corporate chains there's a lot of red tape about what a cashier can and can't do (especially when it comes to refunds). It's always better to just immediately ask for a manager since the odds are they're going to have to be present anyway.

I work in a movie theater that is really huge on customer service and it's honestly the biggest pain in the a**. Lately, we've been having problems with our Icee machine and people get really upset when the flavor they want isn't ready. I can't really sit there and explain we've had an Icee repair man come in 5 times in the past month and still not fix the machine or that there's nothing we can do directly about it. I don't even think I'm allowed to explain that we have contracts through several different companies when it comes to our food and at the end of the day--it's all out of my hands as a minimum wage cashier. The best I can say is that it'll be ready in 5-15 minutes give or take and offer to bring in the drink. Even then it's ridiculous how angry people get that they have to wait to be waited on and that I can't give them an exact time. Blue Raspberry will be ready in 6 minutes, 37 seconds!
I guess it's just how upset people get about waiting or not getting exactly what they want is what blows my mind. Maybe I'm just too easy going but I've never been literally upset about having to wait a few minutes for something.
And people are so utterly unobservant it blows my mind. We only have refills on larges and when people come back with smaller sizes we are instructed to tell them it's not a refillable size but we can do it this once. They then get angry, despite my filling it up, and declare it doesn't say refills on largers only. Then I have to point to 4 separate signs within a ten food radius of the vicinity. emotion_facepalm  

Susue

Alien Invader

electropoisonwaves

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:43 pm
There's a really funny website called Notalwaysright.com

That said... sometimes the cashiers really aren't right. One time at a coffee shop, I got stinted out of around ten dollars in change. -__-;

I know for certain that I gave them a 20, they gave me back a 5, for a drink around $4. It was the only money I had in my wallet, so I sure as hell knew it was a 20... but I was way too timid to say anything. I really need to stand up for myself sometimes.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:57 pm
Dear local supermarket baggers:

I understand that you're like twelve, so maybe the importance of this has never really been driven home for you, but it's also at least 80% common sense:

ALWAYS DOUBLE BAG THE LIQUOR

ALWAYS
DOUBLE
BAG
THE
LIQUOR  

Catena Carswell

Magic Hobo

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:01 pm
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

I understand that you're like twelve, so maybe the importance of this has never really been driven home for you, but it's also at least 80% common sense:

ALWAYS
DOUBLE
BAG
THE
LIQUOR

But aren't glass containers invincible? XD

Seriously though, that sucks. ;.;  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:08 pm
Meromictic
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

ALWAYS
DOUBLE
BAG
THE
LIQUOR

Fortunately supermarkets seem to be super nice about replacing bottles when they fall out the bottom of the bag, but that's still a lot of broken glass out in the parking lot and all that wasted liquor... *single tear ala sad Indian seeing litter*  

Catena Carswell

Magic Hobo

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:19 pm
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Meromictic
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

ALWAYS
DOUBLE
BAG
THE
LIQUOR

Fortunately supermarkets seem to be super nice about replacing bottles when they fall out the bottom of the bag, but that's still a lot of broken glass out in the parking lot and all that wasted liquor... *single tear ala sad Indian seeing litter*

That's good.

My state doesn't allow liquor to be sold in supermarkets (other than beer water). xd

And the store I go to (I believe) is ran by two people and they always double bag and even help carry stuff to my car.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:02 am
Death Pop
What about the flip side of it? As in, the horror stories of BEING cashiers?

My previous job was as a cashier in a fruit machine arcade. *shudder* Never will I gamble, if it means I would turn into those people. :/  

n o i r i s t

Anxious Loiterer

15,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200

Obsequious Minion

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:44 pm
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

ALWAYS
DOUBLE
BAG
THE
LIQUOR

OH MY GODDDDDD THIS

I'm a cashier at a grocery store and there's this one bagger that just refuses to double bag wine bottles. Like, we have cute little wine sleeves and everything but no matter how much I suggest it to them, they refuse. It's not even out of frugality, either. They're just too lazy to bother.

I end up having to bag the bottles myself. It totally murders my IPM.

Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff