Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
What books is you reading' son? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:03 pm
ROMVLVS
I just finished Furies of Calderon and some a*****e has the second book checked out at the library. Douchebag. I should put a hold on the third one before he can get it. Or, I can lay a trap. I'll find out what the book looks like, and I'll camp the spot, wait for them to come get it, and then ambush them.

For some reason, I always think about doing that when someone has a book I want at the library. Ambush and/or stalk them.

outta curiosity, I read the wikipedia for that, and sheesh, spoiler alert. Sounds interesting though. The name Princeps Septimus makes me think longingly of Stardust <3  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:09 pm
Gai-Jin by James Clavell. It is massive. Like a brick this book is. But quite good, so far. Much like Shogun. I like seeing how he portrays the culture clash between the Japanese and the Europeans.  

The Iron Magus

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0

ROMVLVS
Crew

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:31 pm
Read All Over
ROMVLVS
I just finished Furies of Calderon and some a*****e has the second book checked out at the library. Douchebag. I should put a hold on the third one before he can get it. Or, I can lay a trap. I'll find out what the book looks like, and I'll camp the spot, wait for them to come get it, and then ambush them.

For some reason, I always think about doing that when someone has a book I want at the library. Ambush and/or stalk them.

outta curiosity, I read the wikipedia for that, and sheesh, spoiler alert. Sounds interesting though. The name Princeps Septimus makes me think longingly of Stardust <3

I never saw that.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:35 pm
ROMVLVS
Read All Over
ROMVLVS

I never saw that.

The movie is pretty good, and the book is a lot of fun too, if you like british writers like Terry Pratchett  

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100

ROMVLVS
Crew

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:48 pm
Read All Over
ROMVLVS
Read All Over
ROMVLVS

I never saw that.

The movie is pretty good, and the book is a lot of fun too, if you like british writers like Terry Pratchett

No yeah, it was on my netflix queue. Waaaaay at the bottom though, with old Kung Fu movies. I think I've read 95% of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels.

I just found the second book in the alara series via direct download, so I just downloaded it onto my iPod. Considering I wouldn't pay for it anyway, it's not stealing, right?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:00 pm
none gonk

i didn't have time to read, and now that I do, I ain't got s**t to read.

Well, there's always Tale of Two Cities and a bunch of Hemingway s**t I got as gifts, but atm I'm really feeling something scifi and angsty or ******** D;  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:02 pm
Read All Over
ROMVLVS
Read All Over
ROMVLVS

I never saw that.

yessss stardust <3
didn't enjoy the movie until after I read the book. the movie is still ehhh though.

my friends bought me stardust + a whole slew of gaiman graphic novels for my birthday emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:17 pm
[color=emo]
Read All Over
ROMVLVS
Read All Over
ROMVLVS

I never saw that.

yessss stardust <3
didn't enjoy the movie until after I read the book. the movie is still ehhh though.

my friends bought me stardust + a whole slew of gaiman graphic novels for my birthday emotion_kirakira

I guess I lucked out in liking the movie first, and then discovering how lovely the book is. <3 They're both nice, but best taken separately - the book is so. much. campier.

Just started reading the Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. Not the best book series ever, but might as well finish what I started?  

Charlie Graves

Magnetic Guildsman

10,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:21 pm
charlieslaysvampires

I guess I lucked out in liking the movie first, and then discovering how lovely the book is. <3 They're both nice, but best taken separately - the book is so. much. campier.

Just started reading the Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. Not the best book series ever, but might as well finish what I started?

sooo true. though i feel like it's supposed to be.
& taking them separately is def the way to go.

I was gonna start that but my friends told me the series wasn't nearly as good as people make it sound.

I might try to finish the hunger games series. I read the first one for light reading and the friend that i borrowed it from said not to read the others cause it only gets worse LOL  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:25 pm
[color=emo]
charlieslaysvampires

I was gonna start that but my friends told me the series wasn't nearly as good as people make it sound.

I might try to finish the hunger games series. I read the first one for light reading and the friend that i borrowed it from said not to read the others cause it only gets worse LOL

I meant movie on the camp front, but you got it haha. It worked out for the best though - I like 'em both.

It really isn't that good. The first one (so far) was my favorite because it was a standalone mystery, but then I got suckered into trying to finish the series. So far the experience is very ehhh. (It also doesn't help that all of the characters have Swedish names, which isn't a bad thing - however, it does make me hard to distinguish between a lot of the minor characters who might end up being important later. Minor problem though.)

I'd finish the Hunger Names. Not a huge ~meaty~ read but I liked 'em. And they didn't settle for a copout ending, which is good. If you're going with Young Adult fiction, that's how you end a series? I mean, there's moral choices and the main character doesn't end up getting a perfect life without sacrifice...  

Charlie Graves

Magnetic Guildsman

10,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:30 pm
charlieslaysvampires
[color=emo]
charlieslaysvampires

I meant movie on the camp front, but you got it haha. It worked out for the best though - I like 'em both.

It really isn't that good. The first one (so far) was my favorite because it was a standalone mystery, but then I got suckered into trying to finish the series. So far the experience is very ehhh. (It also doesn't help that all of the characters have Swedish names, which isn't a bad thing - however, it does make me hard to distinguish between a lot of the minor characters who might end up being important later. Minor problem though.)

I'd finish the Hunger Names. Not a huge ~meaty~ read but I liked 'em. And they didn't settle for a copout ending, which is good. If you're going with Young Adult fiction, that's how you end a series? I mean, there's moral choices and the main character doesn't end up getting a perfect life without sacrifice...
that's basically what i've heard from everyone xD

I might finish it during school then, it's pretty entertaining though like you said, not really meaty. which i guess is for the best when I'm at school :'P  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:32 pm
[color=emo]
none gonk

Well, there's always Tale of Two Cities and a bunch of Hemingway s**t I got as gifts, but atm I'm really feeling something scifi and angsty or ******** D;

Starship Troopers-- The book is much different from the movie.  

ROMVLVS
Crew

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:59 am
ROMVLVS
Read All Over
ROMVLVS
Read All Over
ROMVLVS

I never saw that.

No yeah, it was on my netflix queue. Waaaaay at the bottom though, with old Kung Fu movies. I think I've read 95% of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels.

I just found the second book in the alara series via direct download, so I just downloaded it onto my iPod. Considering I wouldn't pay for it anyway, it's not stealing, right?

i luff discworld stuff <3 neil gaiman and terry pratchett actually worked on a book or two together, so if you enjoy one you might enjoy the other.

seems logical to me *sagely nod*  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:05 am
ROMVLVS
Quote:
none gonk

Starship Troopers-- The book is much different from the movie.

no kidding! I think it's a good read for deeper thinking soldiers though.  

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100

acn period

Beloved Noob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:39 am
___● I'm working through Money by Martin Amis and North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell!  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff