Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
VGD:::Vidya Game Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Poetic Justice I

7,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:51 pm
Whats your favorite game series?Batman: Arkham City, Sadness, Siren: Blood Curse, Silent Hill Series, Resident Evil, Black Ops, Alice: The Madness Returns, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Left 4 Dead Series. oh s**t forgot Persona series.

What system(s) do you play? PS3, PS2, Wii, XBox360, Desktop computer.

Favorite game character overall? Alice Mcgee and Harley Quinn <3

Of course if i put more thought into it i know i have other favorite character's it's hard for me to pick one. I personally love the Horror genre of Video games so there are character's that stick out to me for different reasons.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:58 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Yep. ^^ They all have their elements that totally warrant an M rating. Some of the Personas in Persona 4 justify that rating even without taking anything of the story into account. xd

Yay! Should be fun in that case. Strategy RPGs are a cool concept, so it'll be fun to play one that isn't broken for a change. Maybe after I play Devil Survivor I'll try out Fire Emblem.

Like for example.. Mara, who appears in Persona 3 FES & Portable, Persona 4 and Strange Journey.

The first strategy RPG I've played are the Shining Force games, but those are kinda easy too.

That's definitely the one I was thinking of. xd Huh, is Strange Journey the one where he has a personality instead of just being something you can summon?

Fire Emblem should be somewhat difficult since if your characters die they stay dead. I'm not sure how hard it is to prevent your characters from dying, but in Tactics pretty much everyone takes turns face down in the dirt from being ganged up on or just being unlucky.

Strange Journey = have not played yet

Ah, okay. ^^ Well, according to Wikipedia you have to appeal to demons so I guess in a way that's more than he'd have in other games. Probably not to the extent I was originally thinking though. Maybe what I'm thinking of is one of the other games he appears in.

I Poetic Justice I
-snip-

This post reminds me that I want to try Alice: The Madness Returns. My lack of a PS3 saddens me yet again. xd Eh, at least I'll know what to get when I eventually do get one.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:32 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Yep. ^^ They all have their elements that totally warrant an M rating. Some of the Personas in Persona 4 justify that rating even without taking anything of the story into account. xd

Yay! Should be fun in that case. Strategy RPGs are a cool concept, so it'll be fun to play one that isn't broken for a change. Maybe after I play Devil Survivor I'll try out Fire Emblem.

Like for example.. Mara, who appears in Persona 3 FES & Portable, Persona 4 and Strange Journey.

The first strategy RPG I've played are the Shining Force games, but those are kinda easy too.

That's definitely the one I was thinking of. xd Huh, is Strange Journey the one where he has a personality instead of just being something you can summon?

Fire Emblem should be somewhat difficult since if your characters die they stay dead. I'm not sure how hard it is to prevent your characters from dying, but in Tactics pretty much everyone takes turns face down in the dirt from being ganged up on or just being unlucky.

Ah, okay. ^^ Well, according to Wikipedia you have to appeal to demons so I guess in a way that's more than he'd have in other games. Probably not to the extent I was originally thinking though. Maybe what I'm thinking of is one of the other games he appears in.

I really need to play some of the games I have not gotten to yet and not just replay Persona 3 every single time I get in the mood to do so.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:39 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

I really need to play some of the games I have not gotten to yet and not just replay Persona 3 every single time I get in the mood to do so.

I know what you mean. I haven't even touched some of my games while I've played Persona 4 like 5 billion times. xd That and Majora's Mask. Pokémon would count if I didn't go through stages of not playing any of those games for practically a year.

I need to get Persona 3! I'm probably getting P3P, but that's not quite the same thing. No animated cutscenes from what I hear, and you don't get to walk around outside of dungeons? The original P3 might be worth getting just for freedom of wandering around the environments.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:09 pm
Sara Hysaro
I know what you mean. I haven't even touched some of my games while I've played Persona 4 like 5 billion times. xd That and Majora's Mask. Pokémon would count if I didn't go through stages of not playing any of those games for practically a year.

I need to get Persona 3! I'm probably getting P3P, but that's not quite the same thing. No animated cutscenes from what I hear, and you don't get to walk around outside of dungeons? The original P3 might be worth getting just for freedom of wandering around the environments.

Persona 3 Portabls cut scenes and intermission are in the style of a visual novel with a static background where you don't actually see your party and they just appear as popups when talking. I'll give you an example of what I mean using the "awakening" intermission where the protagonist summons his persona for the first time:

Persona 3 / Persona 3 FES Version -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg06RvVzzdM

Persona 3 Portable Version -
http://youtu.be/g2IhCYdn2QY?t=1m1s

[Warning - Videos do contain anime-looking people pointing fake guns at themselves to summon personas.]  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Whats your favorite game series?
Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, The Legend of Zelda, Guitar Hero and to make it lame, The Sims
And right now SKYRIM!!, though I've never played the rest of the series

What system(s) do you play?
PC mainly. Occasionally my DS or Wii. Our Xbox 360 died over 2 years ago ):

Favorite game character overall?
I dunno, maybe Alistair from Dragon Age: Origins

Elynai

Dangerous Knight

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:22 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Persona 3 Portabls cut scenes and intermission are in the style of a visual novel with a static background where you don't actually see your party and they just appear as popups when talking. I'll give you an example of what I mean using the "awakening" intermission where the protagonist summons his persona for the first time:

[Warning - Videos do contain anime-looking people pointing fake guns at themselves to summon personas.]

Hm, I think I prefer the anime cutscene in this case. The persona literally crawling out of the mouth of Orpheus just looks so painful to both the MC and Orpheus. It gives you the unsettling feeling that something is amiss, while the P3P version just looks like a regular transformation to me. Both versions are pretty cool though. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:31 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Hm, I think I prefer the anime cutscene in this case. The persona literally crawling out of the mouth of Orpheus just looks so painful to both the MC and Orpheus. It gives you the unsettling feeling that something is amiss, while the P3P version just looks like a regular transformation to me. Both versions are pretty cool though. 3nodding

Of the videos I can show you for comparison purposes, the awakening video is the absolute least spoiler-rific. [Since you've played Persona 4, you already know that the protagonist is going to gain the ability to summon stuff at some point early on.]

I do think that Persona 3 Portable is best played after having played either Persona 3 original or FES and Persona 4. There are a couple of cameo appearances in P3P from Persona 4, one if you play the male protagonist and the other with the female protagonist. [There is an option to play through the game with a girl protagonist that the original and FES do not have.] You also get Persona 4's battle system where you can control your party directly whereas original and FES, you can only give them orders then are forced to trust them to do exactly what you want.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:40 pm
Anaella
Yeata Zi
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Playing Skyrim right! biggrin heart heart heart

Whats your favorite game series? Zelda.
- But I also like Fatal Frame. Silent Hill, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney. When ever a new game is out for any of those I tend to pick it up.

PS3, Wii, DS and PC.

So many D:.
Princess Peach. Cause I always play her. I'll kick your a** in Brawl in a pink dress! scream heart
I'll kick your a** in Brawl as Princess Daisy.

Pffft, I will destroy you all as a giant blueberry.

User Image
OH IT'S ON!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:45 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Of the videos I can show you for comparison purposes, the awakening video is the absolute least spoiler-rific. [Since you've played Persona 4, you already know that the protagonist is going to gain the ability to summon stuff at some point early on.]

I do think that Persona 3 Portable is best played after having played either Persona 3 original or FES and Persona 4. There are a couple of cameo appearances in P3P from Persona 4, one if you play the male protagonist and the other with the female protagonist. [There is an option to play through the game with a girl protagonist that the original and FES do not have.] You also get Persona 4's battle system where you can control your party directly whereas original and FES, you can only give them orders then are forced to trust them to do exactly what you want.

Yep, Orpheus is the starting persona and that other guy is another Persona. 3nodding Probably the same deal as was with Izanagi if I'd had to guess. Creepy the way he crawled out of Orpheus though. I suppose I'll figure it out when I play the game myself. /spoiler

Yeah, I about the cameos while I was reading into the remake. The P4 battle system also appeals to me since I have a hard time trusting the AI. I know that the AI in Persona games generally isn't that bad, but I keep expecting something similar to what happened with the first version of Dragon Quest IV. My favorite healer from the DS version apparently used to cast instant death attacks incessantly regardless of what strategy you assigned to him. P3 probably wouldn't be that bad, but I can still see dying because your healer decided to cast a status effect on a boss for no good reason. xd  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:53 pm
Yeata Zi
Anaella
Yeata Zi
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Playing Skyrim right! biggrin heart heart heart

- But I also like Fatal Frame. Silent Hill, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney. When ever a new game is out for any of those I tend to pick it up.

PS3, Wii, DS and PC.

Princess Peach. Cause I always play her. I'll kick your a** in Brawl in a pink dress! scream heart

User Image
OH IT'S ON!

I think Pit would kill you all.

AY-DE-AY-DE-YAHHHHHHH! INFINITE SPINNING BOW/SWORD OF DOOM!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:00 pm
Sara Hysaro
Yep, Orpheus is the starting persona and that other guy is another Persona. 3nodding Probably the same deal as was with Izanagi if I'd had to guess. Creepy the way he crawled out of Orpheus though. I suppose I'll figure it out when I play the game myself. /spoiler

Yeah, I about the cameos while I was reading into the remake. The P4 battle system also appeals to me since I have a hard time trusting the AI. I know that the AI in Persona games generally isn't that bad, but I keep expecting something similar to what happened with the first version of Dragon Quest IV. My favorite healer from the DS version apparently used to cast instant death attacks incessantly regardless of what strategy you assigned to him. P3 probably wouldn't be that bad, but I can still see dying because your healer decided to cast a status effect on a boss for no good reason. xd

The Persona 3 battle system is not *THAT* bad. If you tell someone to do Heal/Support, they will do exactly that provided that they have the SP to cast spells. However the character who is more oriented towards healing [Yukari] also has the least number of hit points of anyone per level. Because her AI will always heal the person with the least number of hit points, she is more likely to heal herself even when she is not the most vulnerable.

The enemy can be tossing about Wind damage, which she is very strong against, and she will still heal herself if she is the one with the least number of hit points when she goes to heal. It doesn't matter that she really doesn't need to heal herself at all. Even if there is someone in the party that is weak against wind in this same scenario that is missing a chunk of hit points, she will still heal herself instead if she has less hit points.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Anaella

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:06 pm
Eudaemon
Yeata Zi
Anaella
Yeata Zi
Shiver`

PS3, Wii, DS and PC.

User Image
OH IT'S ON!

I think Pit would kill you all.

AY-DE-AY-DE-YAHHHHHHH! INFINITE SPINNING BOW/SWORD OF DOOM!

Pit is such a cheap b*****d. Hate him so much. emotion_donotwant

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:09 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

The Persona 3 battle system is not *THAT* bad. If you tell someone to do Heal/Support, they will do exactly that provided that they have the SP to cast spells. However the character who is more oriented towards healing [Yukari] also has the least number of hit points of anyone per level. Because her AI will always heal the person with the least number of hit points, she is more likely to heal herself even when she is not the most vulnerable.

The enemy can be tossing about Wind damage, which she is very strong against, and she will still heal herself if she is the one with the least number of hit points when she goes to heal. It doesn't matter that she really doesn't need to heal herself at all. Even if there is someone in the party that is weak against wind in this same scenario that is missing a chunk of hit points, she will still heal herself instead if she has less hit points.

Yeah, didn't think it wasn't quite that bad. The original DQIV was on the NES after all. I'm sure there was a vast amount of improvement between then and P3.

Does she have enough hit points that giving her HP boosting equipment would bring her up to almost everyone else on the team? Because if that problem can be remedied it wouldn't be that bad. Alternatively I could just fuse a healing Persona to avoid it completely.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:27 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Yeah, didn't think it wasn't quite that bad. The original DQIV was on the NES after all. I'm sure there was a vast amount of improvement between then and P3.

Does she have enough hit points that giving her HP boosting equipment would bring her up to almost everyone else on the team? Because if that problem can be remedied it wouldn't be that bad. Alternatively I could just fuse a healing Persona to avoid it completely.

Ha. It is always good to have a healing persona even if just as a backup. There are some boss encounters where I found it easier to have the protagonist heal [even though he is technically more powerful than everyone else due to his ability to swap] if playing original or FES. It's not really an issue in Portable, but it's still good to have that backup healing persona.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff