Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply 04: Guild Memories - Old events, historic threads, etc..
[TRG HONOR] Where were you on 9.11.01? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nacho Chick

Shy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:42 pm
I was 10, at school my teacher had the tv on. Suddenly she changed the channel to CNBC and they showed live footage of the first inpact. People flinging themselfs from windows in attempts to escape the inferno -.- my mom came and picked me up from school and we watched the second inpact. I've been scared ever since then.

My prayers go to families effected by this unfortunate event, and the families of Armed Fources. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:42 pm
I was 11 or 12, in 6th grade, and I was in school during it.
None of the teachers would tell the students what happened, so we were all confused as to why the teachers were so upset. The most they said was "Something tragic happened this morning".

Most of us were really annoyed that we weren't being told what happened.

When I got home my mom was staring at the TV and I asked her what happened, and that's when I finally got to know and I watched it with her.  

Saint Bree

Timid Explorer

sepherin1

7,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:43 pm
I was 11 years old, sitting in class, then an announcment went over the intercoms for teachers to turn on the tvs in the class rooms and there it was  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:48 pm
I don't remember much, I was only five ):  

Hipstorian

QT2

Golden Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:49 pm
You guys all make me feel old...

Anyway, I'll say this once today... so it may as well be here.

I was in geography class when it happened, and we turned on the TV next hour while in algebra class... We spent the rest of algebra class watching the news.
The next class was american history... and we were watching the news there, too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:58 pm
I was in my fifth grade class, when a different teacher came running in our door yelling to turn on the T.v. We saw the destruction from the news, It was terrible sad I am praying for all the families affected, and I will never forget..  

Russian Kitten

II_TrOpiC BluE_II

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:58 pm
In california
in class
i was 6  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:06 pm
i was 7 when this happen..and i was still at home at the time cause i was getting ready for school until my mom called.
i didnt really understand wat was going on.
i feel sorry for those who had died especially the pentagon...
my mom's firend died there... sad...

R.I.P FOR THE PPL THAT DIED 10 YEARS FROM TODAY cry  

sexykiller93

7,050 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200

JRandom18

Interesting Genius

14,250 Points
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm
I was in my 5th history class.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:37 pm
i dont remember what i did that day... but i went to the wtc once when i was like a baby and i still have the ticket souvenir to prove it
RIP to the thousands of victims of 9/11  

pureawesomnez13

Toothsome Rogue

9,150 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Furi Mitsukai

10,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:49 pm
I was 13 and homeschooled so I didn't do much that day besides sitting around and watch it on tv.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:52 pm
I was at work when it happened , I worked construction, Mandalay Bay Convention center, as a JM Carpenter at the time, our job got closed down 3 days later , I was thankful that I was one of the few they keep on the clock

It was a sad day  

Lady Feliciity

Dominant Rare

20,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Final Lucius

Witty Tycoon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:53 pm
I remember it like it was yesterday. I was in 5th grade. I got to school a bit late, my mom drove me, and they had brought TV's into all the clasrooms and turned on the news so we could all watch. They wanted us to be informed and they explined what was going on. The kicker is that my birthday is on 9/11. I at first thought that they were watching a movie, but nope. This was real, and it was happening. I told no one it was my birthday till the day after, Becuase it wasn't about me, it was much bigger. I didn't want to seem insensitive or rude to the people dying. I mean, there were people jumping to their deaths because they didn't want to burn to death. I can't imagine going through something like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:57 pm
I was 3 (My birthday is late in the year) and I was at pre-k when it happened. I remember my mother running in with others to pick up their kids early. I was stuck in my room for the rest of the day, and can't remember much else  

Poetic Wonderland

Valiant Werewolf

Toxic Pepper
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:00 pm
Deel-Dough
Toxic Pepper
Wait your only 15?

I was at school hanging out with friends.

Yes, I'm only 15. (16 in three months)  
04: Guild Memories - Old events, historic threads, etc..

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games