Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Alchemy II ~ (1/5) Open! (Nicholas Flamel) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:21 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Fourth Lesson: Mystic Potion
╚══════════════╝

Entering the classroom with long, swift strides, a callous and purposeful flick of his wand had led the instructions of a potion to appear on his chalkboard. He smiled mischeviously as he glanced at each of his students. "Good afternoon class, today, we're going to learn the Mystic Potion, a great diversion, and also a brilliant learning potion to exhibit patience and understanding in Galpolatt's laws and the different methods of brewing in alchemical history. This potion is most famous for its disruption of the Wizards' Council while Elfrida Clagg was Cheiftainess. She attempted the merge all creatures of wizarding kind that could speak the human tongue to Being status, and, when an uproar came about of the trolls, a dear friend of hers, Aubreyanna Mae, who made quite an impact on alchemy, quickly ended the sour meeting.

"Now, instead of turning this potion into me once you're done, I've set up an open area in the back of my classroom for you to test out your potions to see if it's been brewed correctly. We'll only be using the small vials for this, so the explosion will be minor, but, you'll be able to see which element will be easier for you to harness in magic."

Quote:
Turn to page seventeen in your textbook.

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:28 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Alchemy (Thursday: 9:00am to 9:45am)

David came in a tad on the late side and quickly yet quietly took his seat. It was his first offense on ever being late and he hoped he wouldn’t be in too much trouble. He’d only missed the first bit from what he could tell so he figured he’d be fine in that sense. As soon as the instructions were issued David went straight to work on the potion. Adding a gallon of water and setting it to boil before combining the two cups of pomegranate juice with the powdered Romanian Longhorn dragon horn and stirring it gently.

Being as careful as possible David added half of a single fluid ounce of Erumpent fluid to the mixture every five minutes until he had eleven. It was at this moment that he was really glad that he’d been working with Remy on his potions because if he hadn’t he’d surly messed up this part of the potion. Adding the mixture then into the cauldron he waited for another five minutes before adding the rest of the pomegranate juice. “Thank you lavender.” He muttered to himself before reading the next set of instructions.

Adding a cup of doxy eggs before stirring them counter clockwise until they went from floating to sinking down at the bottom of his cauldron. “Okay… beetle eyes and murtlap essence.” He told himself getting both and combining the required amounts into the basin until the eyes were dissolved. Then he added them to his cauldron before adding a quarter gallon of flubberworm mucus to thicken it. Stirring every minute going from clockwise to counter clockwise till it turned lilac David hoped he got the idea of lilac right. ‘Looks like lilac…’ he thought as he pulled out his wand. “Diffindo.” He said slicing his pufferfish eyes. Dropping a half into the cauldron one at a time he then stirred in two teaspoons of acromantula venom.

Finishing off the potion with the essence of lovage and ginger roots the pink smoke emitted from it for a moment David stirred the concoction with his wand watching it change color until it settled on a thick paste indigo. Now all that was left was to test it. Putting it into a vial he took it to the back before tossing it to make on explosion. The thick mist coming from the mini explosion was red. Thinking of the four elements there was only one that associated with that color. “That means fire element magic is easiest for me right?” he asked thinking he was right. Regardless the potion worked the way it should have.

With: classmates

Wearing: Uniform

OOC: ---

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:50 am
Professor of Alchemy
..........Ravenclaw Head of House

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╔══════════════╗
Lesson One: Nicholas Flamel
╚══════════════╝

”Welcome back students, I hope you had an excellent summer. This year we’re going to dive right back in with a lecture about one of the greatest alchemists in history—Nicholas Flamel. If you’re new, or if you don’t remember me, my name is Professor Angel. If you haven’t already, take out your notebook or parchment and quill and begin taking notes.

“The famed alchemist Nicolas Flamel, born in the 1327, created the only known Philosopher's Stone in existence. Flamel used the Elixir of Life made from the stone to extend his and his wife, Perenelle's, lifespan for centuries until they decided to destroy the stone in 1992, where the couple soon died afterwards.

“The Philosopher's Stone was a man-made, blood-red stone with magical properties. It could be used to create the Elixir of Life, which extended the drinker's lifespan, as well as transform any metal into pure gold. The Philosopher's Stone was believed to mystically amplify the user's knowledge of alchemy so much that anything was attainable.

“You should remember from last year, the stone was finally found within Hogwarts School by Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort, after a series of trials and tasks set by the professors, Mister Harry Potter saved the stone and returned it to Dumbledore where he and Nicholas Flamel decided to destroy it.

“Nicholas Flamel had always been an alchemist that believed in the true pursuit of enlightenment, because alchemy is not only a practical magic, it’s also a philosophy. Now, does anyone have any questions?”
The Hispanic professor inquired, glancing about his students and their scribbling quills.

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:24 pm
Written in graffiti on a bridge in a park
"Do you ever get the feeling that you're missing the mark?"
It's so cold, it's so cold
Written up in marker on a factory sign
"I struggle with the feeling that my life isn't mine"
See the arrow that they shot, trying to tear us apart
Take the fire from my belly and the beat from my heart

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - Fourth Year - Hufflepuff -
[feeling: calm] [thinking: ...] [with: Fourth Years] [at: Alchemy]

Uriel took notes quickly. He remembered telling Claire all about Nick Flamel in the library the previous year, and smiled to himself. He couldn't help but wonder why the Stone would be kept at the school, though. If Voldemort had been after that, wouldn't that have put all of Hogwarts in danger? They should have just destroyed the stupid thing to begin with, right? When he was done with his notes, he sat quietly, waiting to see if anyone had any questions.

I'll go making my mark, armed with a spray can soul.

Still I won't let go
Oh you use your heart as a weapon
And it hurts like heaven
On every street, every car, every surface, a name
Tonight the streets are ours
And we’re writing and saying
"Don't let them take control"
No, we won't let them take control

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:09 am
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Lesson Two: Albus Dumbledore
╚══════════════╝

”Excuse my tardiness, students, my meeting ran a bit later than usual…Take out your notes, today, we will be learning about Albus Dumbledore.

“Albus Dumbledore was a great man. He was one of the most loved Headmaster’s at Hogwarts, was a member of the Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer—served as Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and as Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. He is most famous for his defeat of Gellert Grindelwald, the discovery of the twelve uses of dragons blood, and his work on alchemy with Nicholas Flamel in constructing the Philosopher’s Stone.

“Now, is there any other fact anyone can tell me about Albus Dumbledore, this is a discussion, so feel free to add opinions as well, and as always, eloquent answers will receive points for their house.”

[OOC: 10 points will be rewarded to those who attended last class.]

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:12 pm

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott

Uriel was good at taking notes. In fact, he enjoyed it. He was orderly, methodical, and he had extremely neat handwriting. He raised his hand, eager to earn points for his house. "Didn't he wield the Elder Wand for a short period of time?" he offered.

Still I won't let go
And it hurts like heaven

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:33 am
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Lesson Two/Three: Albus Dumbledore/Delbou Spell
╚══════════════╝

“Yes, Mister Scott; he did. In his duel against Gellert Grindelwald, he’d acquired the wand, and after his death it was buried with him. However, the wand was stolen by Voldemort, but after the Battle of Hogwarts, Harry had used the wand to repair his own original wand and placed the Elder Wand back where it belonged, in Dumbledore’s grave.

Now… among his contributions, aside from the philosophers stone and the twelve different uses of dragons blood, are his search and study of the deathly hallows and his elaborate theories and work with the Department of Mysteries on the subject of matters of the heart and the soul. He was an advocate man that believed in the merit of such, he spent most of his life trying to help others who could not be helped.

He did invent a nifty little device, the deluminator, and is well known for his ability to create and modify spells, as he was the one who devised a method of communication through the use of a patronus. He’s versed in several languages, such as Gobbledegook, Mermish, and can recognize parseltongue. And is one of the few wizards able to conjure Gubraithian Fire, which is an everlasting fire that is very difficult to summon.”

*~*~* Next Class *~*~*

The professor entered the classroom hastily, his clock had ran several minutes late, thus, making the professor himself late, but not by too much. The Hispanic man carried himself diligently to the front of the classroom and examined each desk which contained a basin of murky brown water, and with a simple wave of his wand, the familiar script of Juan Angel Amorocho scribbled upon the board with the page number of the spell to be learned this class. ”Welcome back,

“Now, today, we’re going to learn the spell, delbou, which can clean any amount of water with impurities to make it drinkable, the amount, of course, is dependent upon the casters ability and spirit, which can, if concentrated effectively, distill the water to be one hundred percent pure, that is, however, quite difficult to do. Concentration is very important, along with pronunciation, say it with me, del-BUE, and remember, just a simple gesture as you point your wand at the target.. Now, turn to the basins of water at your desk and give it a go.”

The board
        turn to page eleven in your textbooks.

[OOC:]

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:16 pm

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott

Uriel stared at the basin of dirty water, and pointed his wand at it. The spell seemed simple enough. "Delbou." The water cleaned up, but there was still murk and dirt floating in it. "Delbou," he tried again. He could no longer see any visible stuff in the water, but he doubted it was completely pure. But he could think of all the ways this spell could come in handy. He was surprised it wasn't taught in other classes. What if someone was stranded in the wild or something? Of course, that wouldn't be very likely for a witch or wizard, but it was still useful.

Still I won't let go
And it hurts like heaven

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:33 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Lesson One: Nicholas Flamel
╚══════════════╝

”Welcome back students, I hope you had an excellent summer. This year we’re going to dive right back in with a lecture about one of the greatest alchemists in history—Nicholas Flamel. If you’re new, or if you don’t remember me, my name is Professor Angel. If you haven’t already, take out your notebook or parchment and quill and begin taking notes.

“The famed alchemist Nicolas Flamel, born in the 1327, created the only known Philosopher's Stone in existence. Flamel used the Elixir of Life made from the stone to extend his and his wife, Perenelle's, lifespan for centuries until they decided to destroy the stone in 1992, where the couple soon died afterwards.

“The Philosopher's Stone was a man-made, blood-red stone with magical properties. It could be used to create the Elixir of Life, which extended the drinker's lifespan, as well as transform any metal into pure gold. The Philosopher's Stone was believed to mystically amplify the user's knowledge of alchemy so much that anything was attainable.

“You should remember from last year, the stone was finally found within Hogwarts School by Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort, after a series of trials and tasks set by the professors, Mister Harry Potter saved the stone and returned it to Dumbledore where he and Nicholas Flamel decided to destroy it.

“Nicholas Flamel had always been an alchemist that believed in the true pursuit of enlightenment, because alchemy is not only a practical magic, it’s also a philosophy. Now, here's a question for house points; can anyone tell me exactly how old Nicholas and Perenelle were when they died?”
The Hispanic professor inquired, glancing about his students and their scribbling quills.

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:35 am
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Lesson Two: Albus Dumbledore
╚══════════════╝

He waited for the students to gather in the seats before he began the lesson. ”Albus Dumbledore was a great man. He was one of the most loved Headmaster’s at Hogwarts, was a member of the Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer—served as Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and as Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. He is most famous for his defeat of Gellert Grindelwald, the discovery of the twelve uses of dragons blood, and his work on alchemy with Nicholas Flamel in constructing the Philosopher’s Stone.

“Now, is there any other fact anyone can tell me about Albus Dumbledore, this is a discussion, so feel free to add opinions as well, and as always, eloquent answers will receive points for their house.”

[OOC: ]

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:10 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Lesson Three: Delbou Spell
╚══════════════╝

The professor entered the classroom hastily, his clock had ran several minutes late, thus, making the professor himself late, but not by too much. The Hispanic man carried himself diligently to the front of the classroom and examined each desk which contained a basin of murky brown water, and with a simple wave of his wand, the familiar script of Juan Angel Amorocho scribbled upon the board with the page number of the spell to be learned this class. ”Welcome back,

“Now, today, we’re going to learn the spell, delbou, which can clean any amount of water with impurities to make it drinkable, the amount, of course, is dependent upon the casters ability and spirit, which can, if concentrated effectively, distill the water to be one hundred percent pure, that is, however, quite difficult to do. Concentration is very important, along with pronunciation, say it with me, del-BUE, and remember, just a simple gesture as you point your wand at the target.. Now, turn to the basins of water at your desk and give it a go.”

The board
        turn to page eleven in your textbooks.

[OOC:]

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:14 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy II
Lesson Four: Mystic Potion
Thursday, Block Two, 9:00 am to 9:45 am

╚══════════════╝

He entered the classroom with long, swift strides, a callous and purposeful flick of his wand had led the instructions of a potion to appear on his chalkboard. He smiled mischievously as he glanced at each of his students. "Good afternoon class, today, we're going to learn the Mystic Potion, a great diversion, and also a brilliant learning exercise to exhibit understanding in Galpolatt's laws and the different methods of brewing in alchemical history. This potion is most famous for its disruption of the Wizards' Council while Elfrida Clagg was Cheiftainess. She attempted the merge all creatures of wizarding kind that could speak the human tongue to Being status, and, when an uproar came about of the trolls, a dear friend of hers, Aubreyanna Mae, who made quite an impact on alchemy, quickly ended the sour meeting through the use of this potion.

"Now, instead of turning this potion into me once you're done, I've set up an open area in the back of my classroom for you to test out your potions to see if it's been brewed correctly. We'll only be using the small vials for this, so the explosion will be minor, but, you'll be able to see which element will be easier for you to harness in magic. Once you've read the chapter, you may begin brewing."

Quote:
                          Turn to page seventeen in your textbook.

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:14 am
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy II
Lesson Five: Scutum Spell
Thursday, Block Two, 9:00 am to 9:45 am

╚══════════════╝

At the front of the class, the Hispanic professor with bronze skin offered a generous smile to any student who passed under his door and entered the half-circular room. ”Welcome class to Alchemy V, I am Professor Juan Angel Amorocho, if that’s too hard to say, than Professor Angel, or just professor, will work all the same. Now, this year we’re going to review for your NEWTS, we’re going to begin today with a spell created by a famous alchemist in the late seventh century, Scutum,

“This spell will actually transform your wand into a shield with a simple incantation, SKEW-dum, and there is no need for wand movement, the focus of this spell is entirely dependent on concentration and focus, and as such, this spell has had many reported findings that its strength and skill actually increase in dire and stressful situations. Once you’ve copied your notes, I’d like for you all to give it a go.”

Quote:
                                                                          Turn to page twelve in your textbook.

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:30 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw Head of House

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson: Nicholas Flamel
╚══════════════╝

“Nicholas Flamel had always been an alchemist that believed in the true pursuit of enlightenment, because alchemy is not only a practical magic, it’s also a philosophy. Now, does anyone have any questions?”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:08 pm
User Image
David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Conditional Second Heir of the Avery Family/Clan
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 14
Year at Hogwarts: Fourth
Dating Leonette Mitchell

At least it isn't review.

David entered Alchemy and took a seat at a desk a row back from the front and pulled out his text book, the notes he had taken over the summer, a blank piece of parchment, and his quill and ink. When the professor said it was going to be a lecture and advised them to take out their notebooks or parchment and quills David suppressed an inner groan. As Professor Angel began to lecture on Nicolas Flamel, David took the occasional note mostly out of habit. Most of the information was pretty straightforward and was in many books.

However when Professor Angel ended with stating that Flamel was an alchemist that believed in true pursuit of enlightenment, David frowned slightly and when asked if anyone had any questions David raised his hand and once called on said, "Actually sir, I do have a question. You said Flamel sought the 'true pursuit of enlightenment'... what exactly would you say Flamel defined enlightenment to be? The pursuit seems common enough, but the definition of what is or isn't enlightenment always seemed vague to me."

Quote:

{OOC: ....}

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas