Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manny The Great22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:41 pm
Arnez Antonio Cesare de la Frontera

First Year -- Slytherin

User Image

A girl's voice rattled Arnez from his daydream and turned in the direction from where Belle addressed him. “Yeah, I'm a first year,” he stated blankly. Arnez noticed and almost felt as if she was out of place on the Quidditch pitch, but he withheld any judgement. “It's nice to meet you, Belle. My name is Arnez.” he replied, returning the smile as well.

“Did you play last year?” Arnez asked the girl as he went back to watching the lone flyer. He was still stuck somewhere between reality and his daydream, and he thought a bit of conversation would bring him back to Earth. "I really want to play this year. I hope being a first year won't hold me back." Arnez confessed to the blonde. He may have been more nervous than he originally thought, but he suppressed those feelings quickly.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:11 pm
User Image
Rhea Ventura
1st year Slytherin

Hearing that her house would be holding tryouts, Rhea found herself interested in the sport. Whether she'd be accepted, as she was a first year, she was unsure, but at least she could gauge her housemates and who knows, have fun out on the field. It was true that she hadn't done too much flying yet, but what time she had spent on a broom went wonderfully. Hopefully they wouldn't think her ridiculous for checking it out. Would they? Too bad if they did, because she was going there and she was going to enjoy herself.

Finally reaching the Pitch, she noticed Arnez had beat her to the field. That crazy kid, she laughed to herself, before finishing the gap between them. "I never fancied you as a Quidditch person, but then again I don't think we've discussed it yet," she said, breaking the silence of the outdoors. Hopefully she hadn't startled him too bad. Looking over beside him, she saw another girl. "Hello, I don't believe we've met yet, I'm Rheanna Ventura." She offered her hand to her with a smile.  

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:42 pm
Slytherin Quidditch Practice Pitch User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Third Year

It had not been long before Ronyo could hear the small chattering of voices from below. As he looked he could already see three students standing on the pitch. So far this was turning out to be a great turnout, with any luck they would have a great new team to go through a couple years. Ronyo angled his broom to fly towards the gathered mass and stopped just shy of the ground. With a quick push off Ronyo had stepped onto the broom's handle and leapt a few inches off to clear the broom better. He landed with hardly a sound and looked to those gathered around him.

"Here take one of these forms and please fill it out. After that we can get to the heart of the matter and find out what everyone can do."

Once they were done with the formal stuff Ronyo could begin with introductions. Ronyo handed out the try-out forms and a few self inking quills, as he did he took a look at those who had decided to give the team a go. Ronyo recognized Annabelle easily enough and even though she was related to Tay the white haired boy made sure he would not let that play any part in his decision, after all it was not her fault Tay was such a selfish egotistical pure blood. Besides so far Ronyo had only seen the girl be nice to other students so there was hope yet.

Looking at the two first years Ronyo could see they were both of a more exotic family background just by the tone of their skin. The girl had vibrant hair that could almost challenge Phi's bright red locks, which was likely an out manifestation of her emotional and social style. She seemed to be familiar to some extent with the boy who appeared a bit more grounded. Ronyo's inquisitive eyes scanned the boy as he did with everyone to help deduce a basic understanding. The boy appeared average from the cover but it was likely more of a take upon how he saw the world rather than just being average. Something told Ronyo this boy was not much in the way of fantasy and the idealistic thinking he was normally forming in his own mind.

Still they all seemed promising so far and with any luck would help make the team a champion one this year. He was looking forward to this year on the pitch as all three of his friends were members of their houses team. Oddly enough they were all beaters as well, a fact not lost on the sharp and absorbing mind of the white haired Slytherin.

Form:

Name:
Year:
Desired Position:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:57 pm
User Image
Rhea Ventura
1st year Slytherin

Her eyes enlarged as the student in the sky rounded down to them. He flew exceptionally, better than Rhea had ever seen, though she had never really been to a Quidditch match, so her view may have been a bit skewed. She couldn't even tear her eyes away as he dismounted with ease like this was what he was meant to do. Inwardly she screamed with excitement at the endeavor.

Hearing his speak she noted that he didn't have the overly cocky air about him, actually, he sounded quite reasonable and the general ease he put her in made her feel welcomed. This was the feeling of a strong and sure Captain, or at least a very good person at what they did, that there was no doubt to it. Gently she grabbed a sheet and quill and began scratching out the formalities of the day.

Quote:
Name: Rheanna Ventura
Year: 1st
Desired Position: Beater preferred, though would also take Chaser

The idea of sitting idle by the goalposts like she'd heard a Keeper did sounded far too still, far too dull for her. She doubted it was the fact, though still a position where she wouldn't have the option to move around the field seemed minimizing. Also, having to find one tiny snitch seemed far to precise for her. If any one of the 4 positions suited her most, it was going to be Chaser or Beater. Rhea knew she had a hard hit behind her punches and when she struck things, so logically beater made sense. Though her agility would probably be more beneficial to Chasers, as zooming between others and still managing to keep the Quaffle to herself or passing, would require that set of skills.

Realizing she had been standing there eyeing the sheet, she handed it back to the confident white haired boy and waited to see what he thought of her.  

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Manny The Great22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:30 pm
Arnez Antonio Cesare de la Frontera

First Year -- Slytherin

User Image

A familiar voice finally dragged Arnez back to reality, and he greeted Rhea with a friendly smile. “There's a lot you don't know about me yet, Rhea.” He replied jokingly. “My mother used to tell me stories of my father playing and how good he was,” Arnez explained, his voice getting a hint of disdain at the mention of his father.

“As for who the Captain is, I guess that's him.” Arnez responded moving on to the next point trying not to linger on the one person that could ruin his day. With a blank stare he relocated the Captain and watched as he flew in with exceptional ease. Arnez listened intently as Ronyo made his introduction and began to hand out forms. He grabbed the form and began to fill out his details:

Quote:

Name: Arnez Antonio Cesare de la Frontera
Year:First
Desired Position: Chaser

Arnez laughed under his breath at his desired position. He already knew what he wanted to do and wrote it down without hesitation. Arnez felt that the best defense was a good offense and he wanted to lead the assault. He gave the form one final glance and handed it back in. Arnez stood back beside Rhea and waited for further instruction from the captain.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:41 pm
User Image
Rhea Ventura
1st year Slytherin

It didn't take a Seer to tell that there was more to the story, but Rhea could always find that out later. She herself had some 'daddy issues' and understood that sometimes home lives could be worse than her own. Instead she offered him a small smile, nothing like the usual broad one, but rather an understanding and somber one. "Mine flew wild too I hear...," she whispered for only him to hear, before shaking her ponytail, trying to drive the ultimate thoughts that would be crossing her head now, pushing them aside.

Today was tryouts, the breakdown could happen in the girls dorms or an empty classroom or something, not here. Turning to offer Arnez a slightly warmer and stronger smile, she returned her gaze to the Captain, awaiting his cue to either take to the sky or sit this year out.  

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:49 pm
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A blonde girl quickly rushed onto the quidditch pitch. Ever since her first year, Vanessa had been wanting to tryout for the team. However, she had never actually had the courage to tryout. Her first year she had stepped out on to the pitch but just before it was her turn to tryout she chickened out. This year she had no intention of it being like that. "good day Ronyo, sorry I'm a tad bit late, I was working on some homework and didn't notice the time." She apologized. Sure it was the first time she had really spoken to the current quidditch captian but her knowing his name wouldn't be much of a surprise after all she observed everything around her.

The third year took on of the registry forms. She knew for a fact that the beaters positions were full since both of them were in her year. What exactly was the position she wanted this time, even she wasn't completely sure. There were two of the postions that had taken her attention as she had watched the teams play in the house tournment. Keeper and Seeker were both important postions that required Observing what was going on around you. Positions that the young slytherin felt fit her personality. After a few moment consideration she took the quil and filled out the form

Form:

Name: Vanessa Hopewell
Year: 3rd
Desired Position: Seeker or Keeper

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

((Only Observations Counted: ))  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:56 pm
Second year, Slytherin
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

”No,” Belle answered quickly, her attention upon the young first year. ”I didn’t make it on the team, but, I also wasn’t very good last year.” She admitted with a humble and gracious laugh, etiquette expected her to do as much, and it was the only reason she had. Nobody would be able to see through the façade she had created, of course, to anyone, she imbued the characteristic of perfection. But she truly was anything but. ”Don’t worry; I’m sure you’ll do brilliantly.” She encouraged Arnez in the last moment, before another housemate approached the field.

Those bright eyes of pale misted green veered to meet another first year, with hair as vivid as the burning sun. She was quiet, enjoying the back-and-forth between the two first years until the young girl had introduced herself. ”Annabelle Rich, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” A poised hand of ivory silk met Rhea, and a firm handshake with more vigor than it seemed Belle could even muster.

She was of the noble house of Rich, a pureblood family dating far back into history, though, not nearly as far back as most. In fact, her family had become quite known for their quick and advance leap in pureblood aristocracy and status. However, that power didn’t come without its rumors. It was noted how many marriages went awry, all of the husbands that the Rich brides would take, and, all of them, dying quite suddenly. Those weren’t the only rumors, but the most renown, beside bribery, extortion, and embezzling. And, now, it’s quite common news for the privileged purebloods the status the Rich’s was in now. They were broke—in debt, to put it simply. And, at the end of the line with Belle as the only heir, and being a woman, meant that the line would die with her.

Ventura was a family that Belle had heard of, once or twice. She could only assume that Rhea had heard of her own family as well, and that, was what prompted the deceitful smile to play at her lips. A smile laced with venom. ”Hope to see you on the team.” And just like that, the smile was replaced with innocence.

Quote:
Name: Annabelle Emery Rich
Year: Second
Desired Position: Seeker, if not, Chaser

Desires: Perfection
Troubles: Anxiety

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:21 pm
Slytherin Quidditch Pitch Practice User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Third Year

With a nice size group now forming Ronyo thought it best to have a go at the real deal and bring any new comers up to speed. Ronyo looked at the forms for a moment to see what positions people wanted to try for and with a smile he chuckled seeing a nice well balanced group of hopeful players. Ronyo smiled to them all and then took a breath as he laughed inwardly telling himself this was his first speech as captain to his team.

"First off I want to thank everyone for coming out and wishing to try out. This will be an odd year for the Slytherin house as most of our solid players just graduated one being our former captain. That is not bad news though as now we get fresh faces and talent on the field to help push the silver and green to the house cup," Ronyo took a step and grinned as he pointed to the house patch on his robes, "and I want that trophy my friends for our house. Now I have some spare brooms to lend out should you not have one, grab one and stay grounded for now."

Ronyo walked over to the trunk as the others went about gathering a broom or retrieving their own. Pulling I over to the center of the group once they had reassembled Ronyo looked to Annabelle and Vanessa first.

"Alright seeker hopefuls I think we can make this one fairly simple and straight forward," Ronyo kicked the trunk and it opened to show the quaffle, restrained bludgers, bats, and the little silver house for the fabled snitch, Ronyo leaned down and opened the doors and let the golden speed demon loose, "Go get it," Ronyo smiled and raised an eyebrow showing that there test had just started.

Turning to the others Ronyo leaned down and picked up the quaffle and tossed it around the remaining group. He waited for it to come back to him and then smiled as he mounted his broom and hovered off the ground. He gestured to the group to follow him up into the sky and hover a few yards from the goal rings.

"Alright we will make this simple to, I want to see what raw skill and talent you have without any real instruction or direction. You all know the rules of the game so we're just going to play, without the bludgers of course...wouldn't want to send anyone to the hospital wing during try-outs," Ronyo tossed the quaffle to Rhea and flew over to the center goal, "Now then...let's see if you can score on me."

((OOC: Follow the link to the guilds rules on how to play if you have not already read them, also it helps to refresh yourself as well. Seekers you two will be competing against each other and the rest will be looking to score against me.))

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:29 pm
User Image
Rhea Ventura
1st year Slytherin

Rich, that did sound familiar though she couldn't quite place it. Perhaps she had heard it among the calls for galas among the wealthy, or perhaps her father's painting had mentioned them. Though she could not fully place it, she knew the girl was from a long line of well off pure bloods and that was all Rhea was sure she should get from the name at this point. Gripping her hand with as much vigor as she was surprised she received, she smiled to her.
"As do I, Annabelle," she spoke with a tinge of spite. If the girl thought she could scare her away with her wealth or fame she was wrong. Rhea let go of her hand, and let the cool breeze of the day take it back to her side, smiling a bit warmer to her. "So, if I may ask, have you made team before?," she asked, voice as bold as usual, though lacking the poisonous air it contained a second ago. She would try to play nice for now, but she still had to see how the ball faired in Annabelle's court.  

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:38 pm
User Image
Rhea Ventura
1st year Slytherin

Rhea's attention turned immediately to the Captain. This was what she was waiting for, a chance to fly like she was meant to. Casting one more gaze at Annabelle, indicating this was not over, merely a break, she held her hand up, gracefully catching the quaffle. Gripping the ball firmly, she headed over to the brooms. Pending her making team, she'd be sure to write mother to get her an upgrade from school level fliers.

Straddling her broom and adjusting the new addition for a more comfortable, yet strong position for flight, she kicked off gently from the ground, letting herself hover for a moment. Taking a better hold before her, she veered upward, following the captain towards the goals. Hopefully all would go well, Rhea thought. Sure he has played for at least a year or two, but she would give him a run for his money.  
Essy ze Ninja rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 8, 2, 1, 9, 6, 3, 1, 2, 8 Total: 49 (10-100)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:47 pm
Second year, Slytherin
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

It seemed her smile had brightened, flourished with opportunity when she caught wisp of the hint of spite that rolled off of Rheanna’s tongue so fluidly, she had almost missed it entirely. The cunning urges lurked within her, of course, but she had always held them at bay. She had never had a need for the wicked, the serpent deviant that hissed to come out and play. But competition brought out the worst in her. ”Unfortunately, no—the competition can be a bit ruthless.” She whispered, almost like a guiding lesson, and those pale green eyes winked the truth of their secret.

When Ronyo had ushered their go, her bright wide doleful eyes snatched upwards at the golden twinge that soared through. The colors were all awash to her, mixed and matched hues of the same dull color, but the gold stood out. It was one of the few colors she could distinguish between the rest, and, she used it to her advantage as she mounted her broom shortly before Vanessa Hopewell, a Slytherin whom easily flew under the radar.

Desires: Perfection
Troubles: "Three Lives"

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
The Ariadelle rolled 10 10-sided dice: 5, 5, 10, 10, 4, 10, 4, 3, 2, 9 Total: 62 (10-100)

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:01 pm
User Image
Rhea Ventura
1st year Slytherin

Closing in towards the goals, she clutched the end of her broom, bobbing left and right in an attempt to shake the Keeper. Rhea felt her heart pounding in her chest, though felt no pain. If anything she felt alive while up here.

Narrowing her eyes, she knew she was getting closer to her target. Wretching the ball back for the swing, she slung her passenger forward and watched it soar. That ball really went moving once it left your hand, she pondered while sitting back on her broom watching it's trip towards the goal.  
Golden Anbu rolled 10 10-sided dice: 10, 7, 5, 7, 9, 8, 9, 8, 8, 3 Total: 74 (10-100)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 pm
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vanessa quickly grabbed one of the brooms provided by the school. These things were ancient in the blonde's opinion but there was nothing she could do about it right now. She hadn't mangaged to save up enough for a broom just yet. A deep breath passed through her lips as she pushed off from the ground. "Well, Here goes nothing." She said to herself as she got further off the ground.

well the first step of trying out was already gone and she had definately made it further then she had for her first year. Part of her wondered if she would even be good at this. Sure it involved circling the pitch and taking in as much detail as she could, or at least that was her perspective of the game position, others probably viewed the game as much different.

♥ ♥ ♥
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

((Only Observations Counted: ))  

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash