Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Care 4 Magical Creatures have fun [CLOSED] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taking COMC???
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 9 ]
No...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:59 pm
Riku contemplates the class work and then begins to write...

Three examples are Acromantulas, manticores, and Sphinxes. Aromantulas highly intelligent and capable of human speech, but have a taste for human flesh. Manticores are capable of intelligent speech also, but has not been classified as a being due to its violent tendencies. And Sphinxes are not classified as beings because once again sphinxes have violent tendencies yet they're intelligent. The main point is that all three of these creatures are classified as beast instead of beings because they are violent.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:51 pm
“There are many exceptions to the definition of a “being” and here are a few of them and why. Centaurs and Merpeople, even though Centaurs are capable of human speech they prefer to be alone in their woods and merpeople are only understandable under water and also wish to be alone, ghosts because they are no longer alive but rather they are”has-beens” or “was-weres”, Sphinxes because if you don't answer their riddles correctly they tear you to shreds however they are prefect for guarding treasures, acromantulas because even though they too can talk the human tongue and understand the way our world works they would be too busy trying to eat us rather then trying to have a political conversation with the council, and manticores because even though they speak the human tongue as well they have a violent nature and their stings are rather deadly.”  

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75

dancer_ attitude

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:44 pm
"The exceptions to the word being could in truth, be found in a large amount of creatures of the magical world. Firstly, there is the Dementor. They have been ordered to abide by wizard rules on countless occasions, namely when Umbridge hired them to guard Hogwarts, yet they can only be controlled to a point, and they have a thirst for human soles. Another example is the leprechaun. They are fully capable of human speech, as well as being quite cunning, yet they live secludedly, except for a chance to draw muggle's attention to them, so that they might amuse themselves with tricks. Finally, there are the Veela, which are currently classified as beings, yet they could also be called beasts for they turn into Harpy like creatures when mad, and become quite violent." Jenna mused.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:52 am
Lana entered the classroom, she sat down and after the lesson begun the classwork. She wrote, 'There are a few exceptions to the being versus beast rules, the Centaurs, they are intelligent life-forces, but live what humans perceive as wild. There are of course the werewolves,the humans who are effected by this 'disease' are fully aware of who they are and can be entirely normal when not in the werewolf form, but in said form they are unaware and a destructive species. The third kind are Trolls, they have the appearance of and act similar to the human race, but are incapable of intelligence needed to construct a government.  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:18 pm
"Hmmmmm...Dementors....I didn't think of them. Good point Jenna."  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:31 pm
Jenna smiles, "Thanks! I totally agree with your point, there are so many exceptions, it's kind of fun to try to come up with one for each creature."  

dancer_ attitude

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:27 pm
Kamalia-Mingan takes a seat and pulls out materials. Then takes down some notes on the current lesson. Once done looks up at the professor says There seems to be a few exceptions to the term "being". One of them would be the Werewolf and the reason why they would be is they spend most f their time as humans. Another would be Trolls, because they have human like appearance but hardly any intelligence and no magic. Thirdly would be the Centaurs and the reason why would be because they have intelligence, can speak the human language, but prefer to live in the wild.  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:09 pm
"Jenna I think you are a natural at this! I am having a hard time think or new ones!" Amanda flips through her book "I see it says here that Hags are classified as beings, I would say they would have to be an exception because" *gulp* "they are savage and...children and raw liver are a part of their diet! Yikes! Much less scary would be the Centaurs. They are an exception because they are half humanoid but refuse to accept the typical way of life. I also heard they have their own council, like the Ministry of Magic! Though, I guess they have never really used it? Another would be vampires, they are intelligent and able to follow the laws...but they," *gulp* "drink blood!" shivers "I hope I don't run across them, or a hag!!"  

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100

dancer_ attitude

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:19 pm
Jenna smiles, "See, you found some! I thought it would be really hard to think of any but when I tried, they just came to me."  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:28 pm
Five points will be given to Jenna for her participation in class

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

dancer_ attitude

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:58 pm
"Thank you professor!" Jenna cries happily, then she decides to choose the side of pro werwolf. Jenna smiles, ready to debate.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:36 am
Amanda plops into her desk with a stack of books, all seemingly about werewolves. "I want to make sure I am prepared for the debate!" she says, as she notices some of the students staring.

((I want to go pro, but I want to see if other will pick the other side first. To make sure it gets evened out smile ))  

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:26 pm
"I would like to go pro werewolf because I don't want to go against them when all of them aren't bad so I say pro."  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:41 pm
Some one needs to start it, also you don't have to support the side your on, if someone does not start how will you get credit for your classwork

EDIT: okay so a debate is where one person or group tries to defend their point, and the other defends their point on a topic like pro werewolf and against werewolf again you don't need to support the side your on you just need to prove your point so someone needs to play the i hate werewolves part and say why they are bad, this isn't real the ministry will not make a law if you win the debate,but a debate can not be everyone agreeing on the same thing...............

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:05 am
"I guess I'll start!" Amanda says, a bit nervous. "Professor, I have never been part of a debate before, do we just get the debate going and talk from there, or do I have to hold strong 1 side?"

"While it's true werewolves are not bad while in human form, once a month they become Werewolves, scary beasts who become uncontrollable and would turn on even their families. It is said that when fully turned they prefer the taste of humans!!"

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff