Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Contest
*Twisted Fairy Tale Contest* (WINNERS! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:46 pm
Kitsune_Uchiha1369
User Image

Well, here it is, my finished project. I just recently got a computer and a drawing tablet so this is my first time using a drawing tablet in Photoshop, at first I used mocrisoft paint and the mouse. My picture is based on the final scene in the Korean fairy tale 'The Fox Sister' in which the brother catches his demon sister on fire.

Here's the link to the picture:

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a414/kitsune_uchiha1369/FoxSister.jpg

- Color--8
- Creativity--4
- Effort--7
- Flow--7
- Background--8

Total- 34 of 50

I gave you an 8 for color because her kimono really stands out dispite the blood splatters. I gave you a 4 for creativity because, in the story she was evil, like depicted in this picture. So it wasn't really twisted. I would have given more points if she was portrayed as good, and that the brothers were evil, just a thought. I gave you a 7 for effort because overall you did a good job, but the hair is kind of jagged, so practice on hair, and the way it flows and such. I gave you a 7 for flow because everything seems to fit together, but I would work on the blood because it looks more like she has boils forming on her skin instead of blood. I gave you an 8 for background because you did really well. I like the way it looks like the woods with the dead trees and the brownish sky makes it ominous, and makes it seem like theres a creepy brown fog.
Good job chicka.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:49 pm
Sapphirianna
Mah Entry. Enjoy. And please read the artist's comments.

Judged by x--w a s a b ii--x

Color ------6
Creativity-3
Effort-------5
Flow--------6
Background--7

Total-- 27 of 50

Reason for your score:
This was interesting. Though I did not really see the twist unless it was, that cinderella never ended up going to the ball. For the most part she mostly was always a maid until her fair godmother showed up. The colors are blured and very few. I gave you a 3 for creativity because, as I already stated cinderella for the most part was always a maid, and to add was sad because her wicked step mother and sisters wouldnt let her go to the ball. You could have had cinderella posing as the wicked step mother and the other doing what she woud usually do. I gave you a 5 for effort, even though it is a sketchy look some things just dont connect bases. like her face and part of her dress. I gave you a 6 for flow, because some things seem off, the guy in the background looks distorted and disfigured. I gave you a 7 for the background because it does add to what you would say as twisted it looks like there is a green monster in the background. so it adds to wickedness.

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

empress-luna

6,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:54 pm
Dont mean to be insubordinate or anything, thank you for the wonderful critique, but I just wanted to mak sure you knew the light brown was her boobs and the dark brown below that is her knees folded beneath her... Just making sure, I can see how her normal noobs could be lopsided, but her knees would make VERY lopsided boobs lol  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:56 am
I'm so sorry I was away all weekend, I will post the picture up right now ^^;;  

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100

RzDz
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:53 pm
i think everyone here deserv 40+ crying  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:21 am
here it is... sorry its so late sweatdrop I was away all weekend so I couldn't post it, I hope I can still have a chance

Any way, this is a sort of twisted version of the little mermaid

User Image  

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:43 am
Rizzi Chan
here it is... sorry its so late sweatdrop I was away all weekend so I couldn't post it, I hope I can still have a chance

Any way, this is a sort of twisted version of the little mermaid

User Image

Im sorry but I cannot accept your entry the deadline was March 31'st and I was supposed to be judging the art the 1st 3days of April, I may have to extend it because I've only judge half of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:43 pm
I am guessing it is too late to enter? When was the new date?  

MissToliver

7,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Brandisher 100

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:40 am
kaela2015
finished my twisted disney!

i had a bunch of issues with being able to do what was in my head, which was a graveyard, featuring 3-5 characters in very scary zombie type form. i spent all day every day trying to draw it, or practice what i wanted it to look like, taing model pictures to see shapes/dementions. it was taing forever, and moving way too slow, so i changed it. what it was changed to was what i saw when i put evil, and the death of Jasmine together, making some sort of queen of the underworld. I drew it, and colored it with oil pastels and Sharpie last night in 2 hours which is a new record for a whole picture, whole body, and scary, which i never do because i cant exactly draw that kind of stuff.

then i took a picture of it cause my scanner cant be used cause my mom piles her crap on top of the printer. it looked bad.

it looked something like this

so as i was digitalizing i couldnt get the background or wounds without it looking cartoonish, so i left some things undigitalized, like the background, and wounds, and i really like how it turned out!

it looked something like this

her outfit is half inspired by her normal blue outfit, mixed with her Jafars slave outfit, and the bat cape seen on one of the Muses in Hercules. i have the river of souls in the middle, souls flowing out of it. the background and floor are dark, symbolizing death/evil.

this acctually worked out alot better than i thought it would in the end. i cant wait to see what my other Deviants think of it, including the other competetors, and the judge/judges.

the half-digitalized one (second link (called Jasmines river of souls FINAL))is the final. i hope you like it. i posted the picture of the original so you could see something of a work in progress.

- Color- 5
- Creativity-5
- Effort- 7
- Flow- 5
- Background-6

Total:28

I gave you a 5 for color because this picture doesnt reallyhave all that much color, its sort of dull. I was thinking you could of spiced it up with some harcore purples. I gave you a 5 for creativity because even though her outfit is inspired by jasmines it just reminds me too much of her. I was thinking you could have had her clothes all tatered, I thought you were going for zombie like, and maybe you could have had part of her head missing with some brain showing, just a thought. I gave you a 7 for effort because I know you worked fairly hardd on it and were having some difficulties with it, so I give you props for having it turn out beyond your expectation. I gave you a 5 for flow, their isn't that much definition in her arms they just get skinny as they go down, and they seem a little short for her body. Im wondering were here feet and bellybutton are in this too. I do like how her hands are clawlike and how she is like two face status with some of her face and chest missing. Another thing is that one of her boobs is bigger than the other, don't forget to pay close attention to detatil when proportioning those corectly^^. I gave you a 6 for background I like how I can see some floating ghosties in the background and the crossbones are a nice touch, it looks sort of like shes in tartarus, maybe you could have some fire built up around her.
Overall good job, and keep up nice work  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:41 am
Nikky-Elf

march 31st  

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:51 am
Hardrock_Cafe
I was in a hurry, but here's my piece: http://imgur.com/Uj8R9
I thought the story in morden time, so he got a costume instead, and decided to kill amount of people for a princess hand... or something like that. Either way its twisted!

- Color-8
- Creativity-7
- Effort-7
- Flow-7
- Background-6

Total: 35 of 50

I gave you an 8 for color, i like how the green eyes clashes with everything and makes puss pop out more, and his suit is a very nice red violet.
I gave you a 7 for creativity because i think its fresh and simple. Something new, usually puss never wears anything besides his boots,(he was always naked technically razz poor kitty razz ) I gave you a 7 for effort, it looks like this took a bit of time . I gave you a 7 for flow, everything runs nicely but his hand weirds me out a littl, it sort of looks like a hook more than a paw. But his teeth ears and tail make up for it. I gave you a 6 for background, I think you could have put moor in it, like maybe the people he killed. It just looks sort of plain and simple, but the blood splatter give it a nice effect. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:49 am
-slaps hand on forehead-

Thats what that file was... XDD

I totally had gotten through maybe 3/4ths of my entree... had to work 2 jobs for two weeks, and then forgot what it was, so deleted it... XD Epic..

Good luck to all though!  

Lordess_Avarnis

Waffles

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:50 pm
Nikky-Elf

I mean there wasnt a new date it ended when march did but look on the bright side there's always the next contest razz that I may host ^^
I'm just a really harsh judge is all razz  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:55 pm
x--w a s a b ii--x
Nikky-Elf

I mean there wasnt a new date it ended when march did but look on the bright side there's always the next contest razz that I may host ^^
Haha whatever. I'll just keep an eye out. Always looking to win something and improve art, though suck at backgrounds.  

MissToliver

7,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Brandisher 100

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:40 am
x--w a s a b ii--x
Nikky-Elf

I take it you have an idea then?  
Contest

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas