Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
D.A.D.A (Closed; Final Grades Posted on Last Page) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:38 am
um professor for my last question of the day why dont aurors have to become hit wizards first? wouldnt the training in defensive charms be useful or the ability to not make muggles notice the capture/death of the dark wizards/witches? and for those becoming aurors i would think that they could add a couple of new courses to the training of aurors for instance what about an offensive spell class cause you cant always be on the defensive it doesnt help you capture or kill dark wizards ?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:03 pm
User Image

Lana had been walking through a forest which she knew held Banshees, but she had to go through, she needed to see her grandma. As Lana walked through the trees, she thought she heard a noise in the background, she pulled out a pair of earmuffs on and begun to hum an Irish song, 'In Dublins fair city...' Lana quickened her pace, '...where the girls are so pretty...' Lana couldn't hear anything a part from her voice in her throat, '...i first set me eyes on sweet Molly Mur..' A pale green, gaunt looking women with wild eyes and long black hair was standing in front of her, her hands reaching out towards Lana.

Lana screamed, and so did the gaunt women, the screams mingling in the air, Lana pressed her arm over her head and earmuffs, and with one hand scrabbled for her wand 'Petrificus Totalus' Lana yelled pointing her wand at the Banshee.

The Banshee froze and fell. Lana turned around there was another one behind her, she began to run, still holding one arm over her head and earmuffs, 'Impedimenta' Lana yelled shooting the spell behind her at the hollow cheeked women.

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Miss Love Tantei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:57 am
Miss Love Tantei
Sorry, sorry again for the late postings. A memory charm was placed on me and I just couldn't remember where the classroom was. sweatdrop

Anywho, last two lessons of the term are up. They are both due this Friday. Finals will be up same day, it will be sort of an open book test but with a few...err different twist I suspect (those of you who have taken my exams before know my quirks with finals).

The finals will be worth 50 points. Highest scorer overall will receive a gold prize! So exciting! So don't miss this opportunity! The finals will be up for a total of
3 - 4 DAYS. That's a short time, so don't fall asleep and miss it now. xd

See you at finals time. *waves manically*

Reposting to every new page  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:11 pm
techpriest35
um professor i have a question if an auror were to be trained and become one of the best then for some unknown reason go to the dark side how would you capture/kill said person also what measures do you think the ministry would take to protect the muggles and the wizarding community?
also has an auror ever gone bad before? what about hit wizards?

Professor Ann turned from her blackboard to face her student, "Wow...you come up with the most interesting questions, James." She settled herself to her chair and gestured James to take a seat across from her, "I shouldn't be surprised you'd ask such intense questions, but the mind is always thirsting for knowledge. Some butterbeer? I think it will be long discussion."

She conjured to bottles and handed one to the Slytherin, The professor took a swig and smacked her lips, and answered, "First of all, it is rare, almost impossible for an Auror to go rogue. Potential Aurors are thoroughly tested and examined meticulously. It is a job so respected, that unless the wizard does not have a clean record, he/she might not be considered for the job. Most are often brought in as probationary until someone can vouch for them to be considered to a full-time Auror status."

"Even then, a slim chance for them to turn out evil is that I suspect that once they are inducted to the position of Aurors there is an honor code that may not broken. Think of it like an Unbreakable Vow. You can't break an honor code in the wizarding world. Then again there are the few exceptions to that also, in which the Auror who rebels against the 'good' intentions, they would have to give up the title Auror and they are released from the honor code."

She paused, "Let's put it simply, if they're against the Ministry of Magic's good intentions (like not being taken over by evil forces) at some point, they will no longer have the benefits of being an Auror like the ability to kill for justice. They would be subject to Azkaban for using Unforgivables if they forfeit their job. As for those who unfortunately turn to the wrong side, if they are the 'best' Auror they certainly would have not turn against the Ministry. I always say that it is your colleagues who know how you work best. The ministry would definitely have a man-hunt for the rogue Auror. I'm not too worried that things will go for the worse if someone turns. They will always be brought down by someone better than them."

"As for those who have turned their back on being an Auror or Hit Wizards, there have been some. None of notable names or of whom you'll recognize. Ever since Mr. Potter took over Head of Department, there have been significant change and lower numbers of wizards/witches who have turned to the bad side."

Professor Ann took another swig of her butterbeer as silence met her. She suspected James had a lot to think about. As she was about to dismiss the young student, he looked up and asked his last question.

techpriest35
um professor for my last question of the day why dont aurors have to become hit wizards first? wouldnt the training in defensive charms be useful or the ability to not make muggles notice the capture/death of the dark wizards/witches? and for those becoming aurors i would think that they could add a couple of new courses to the training of aurors for instance what about an offensive spell class cause you cant always be on the defensive it doesnt help you capture or kill dark wizards ?

The professor smiled at his curious nature, "Ok James, last question today then I have to go off and start on conjuring up a final."

She listened intently and answered to the best of her ability, "I never said that potential Aurors couldn't be Hit Wizards first. As a matter of fact, Hit Wizards may be promoted to an Auror only if they have good standing in their Hit Wizard career (meaning they have a clean record for at least 5 years) and take Continuing Education classes such as Intermediate Potions, Charms, and Transfiguration so they can take their N.E.W.T.S. Of course this would be outside of Hogwarts meaning they would have to find another school offering these courses and test in them. So definitely, a wizard/witch can be a Hit Wizard before they become an Auror."

"As for an Offense Spell class for Aurors, I believe it is a part of their training. It is totally unknown what the Ministry teaches its Aurors. Only two courses have ever been revealed to the Wizarding public. So that leaves that profession a little of a mystery." wink

Professor Ann got up from her chair and offered her hand for James to shake, "Thanks James for your questions, but I really do have to work now before the next class. If you have more questions, you may ask them and I'll answer you asap. Now I hope you have a wonderful day and don't be late for your next class, you hear!" She chuckled boisterously and went to find her rolls of parchment and quills to start on constructing her finals.

Miss Love Tantei

Miss Love Tantei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:12 pm
The Queen Lana
User Image

Lana had been walking through a forest which she knew held Banshees, but she had to go through, she needed to see her grandma. As Lana walked through the trees, she thought she heard a noise in the background, she pulled out a pair of earmuffs on and begun to hum an Irish song, 'In Dublins fair city...' Lana quickened her pace, '...where the girls are so pretty...' Lana couldn't hear anything a part from her voice in her throat, '...i first set me eyes on sweet Molly Mur..' A pale green, gaunt looking women with wild eyes and long black hair was standing in front of her, her hands reaching out towards Lana.

Lana screamed, and so did the gaunt women, the screams mingling in the air, Lana pressed her arm over her head and earmuffs, and with one hand scrabbled for her wand 'Petrificus Totalus' Lana yelled pointing her wand at the Banshee.

The Banshee froze and fell. Lana turned around there was another one behind her, she began to run, still holding one arm over her head and earmuffs, 'Impedimenta' Lana yelled shooting the spell behind her at the hollow cheeked women.

Brilliant~! (Points have been added to homework)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:16 pm

*finishes the butter beer that the professor conjured then heads to next class head swimming with new ideas and questions after a day filled with questions and answers james goes to the hidden slytherin common room and goes to sleee forgetting his other questions for the time being*

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:07 am

*is attempting to find the final but cant seem to see it*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:40 am
techpriest35

Finals will be up on 3/11, not today.  

Miss Love Tantei

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:01 pm
Miss Love Tantei
techpriest35

Finals will be up on 3/11, not today.

ah ok
*goes back to researching for the finals*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:03 pm
Tilts head. Professor how come we are unable to know how much the Aurors get paid. I mean it's nothing to really keep a secret is it. You would think they would keep it a secret for the unspeakables but not the Aurors.  

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Miss Love Tantei

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:37 pm
DownAzzLette
Tilts head. Professor how come we are unable to know how much the Aurors get paid. I mean it's nothing to really keep a secret is it. You would think they would keep it a secret for the unspeakables but not the Aurors.

Professor Ann took Kamalia's question into consideration, "Well Ms.Phelps, there has not been a record showing how much the average Auror makes. The wizarding public receives pamphlets every year seeing the rates of pay that the Ministry bequeaths to each job position. It seems that the Aurors are conveniently left out. So there has not been any information on to why they have been kept private. I would expect the Aurors to have a standard pay, plus commissions on how many Dark Wizards they bring in. I also suspect they pay them overtime since it takes a while to plan how to capture their targets."

((Btw, finals will be up momentarily!!!))

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:06 pm
wahmbulance wahmbulance

This is it! Finals are here and for a short time...well until March 14 at least. The finals are located on the 7th post of the 1st page of this thread.

This is an open book test, meaning you can use past homeworks that you have turned in. For the random trivia, use your knowledge and if you can't get it in the end, look up the answer and indicate that you have done so in your final somewhere. It wouldn't be fair to those who actually know the answers to the trivia.

For the 3rd section of the final...some people may need a lot of help trying to figure out what I'm asking. So if you need an example of some kind, PM me with the question and I'll do my best to answer it without giving you the solution for it. The only other hint I'll give you is to use your math knowledge...which can be tricky at times.

Good luck and have fun. See you next term and check back in March 14-15 for the posted grades.

P.S.:
~Will be adding house points from lessons to the Hour Glass today. So today was the last day to turn in homework from present lessons and past lessons. That means there will be deductions made today.

Miss Love Tantei

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:14 pm
professor can i turn mine in on tuesday or wednesday cause i may not have time to do it on monday and i wont be online on sunday and i have 5 minutes left online which is not enough time to do the final sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:40 pm
User Image

Lana put her hand up when she had been issued her final. 'Professor, we use BEDMAS in New Zealand, Brackets, Exponents, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction, also all the old lessons have disappeared, how are we supposed to do it open book?'  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers