Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Which god/goddess to you follow worship? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:57 am
madame arsonic

yes i would love to know more about her. not a problem. And I really don't rely on websites.

But Isn't this guild here to help people that are learning. Yes I understand that I might be wrong. But being rude to people who are trying to learn isn't helping. Nuri is definitly right.

You are going to have to accept then, that some people view rudeness in different ways.

This is not an "accept everything" community. We snark, we b***h. I learned in a way that meant people "put me in my place" and flat out told me I was wrong. We continue the way we were taught.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:15 am
madame arsonic
Reagun Ban
madame arsonic
I worship Brigid

some call her brid, brigit, bride

but to me she represents everything in a female sense.

Where did you get that information? From what I know, you're talking s**t.

http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/amethystbt/goddessbrigid.html

one......don't be rude, learn to be be open minded
two....I am allowed to worship any deity I want

One, I was attacking your incorrect sources, not you. I am perfectly open minded.
Two, worship whoever the hell you want. Just don't go around saying you worship Gods you don't know from lilith.

On your source:

It claims (showing an ignorance of Irish lore and culture) that Brighid comes from Breo Saighit (which should read Breo Aigit) which has been discounted. "Cormac's etymology of 'fiery arrow' is ingenious but incorrect, as Brighid comes from the Sanskrit brahti 'High One'" The Encyclopedia of Celtic Wisdom, Caitlin and John Matthews

Brighid is a triple-faced goddess, not two faced

Apart from that, it was a rather well put together if a tad fluffy  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

madame arsonic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:14 pm
Reagun Ban
madame arsonic
Reagun Ban
madame arsonic
I worship Brigid

some call her brid, brigit, bride

but to me she represents everything in a female sense.

Where did you get that information? From what I know, you're talking s**t.

http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/amethystbt/goddessbrigid.html

one......don't be rude, learn to be be open minded
two....I am allowed to worship any deity I want

One, I was attacking your incorrect sources, not you. I am perfectly open minded.
Two, worship whoever the hell you want. Just don't go around saying you worship Gods you don't know from lilith.

On your source:

It claims (showing an ignorance of Irish lore and culture) that Brighid comes from Breo Saighit (which should read Breo Aigit) which has been discounted. "Cormac's etymology of 'fiery arrow' is ingenious but incorrect, as Brighid comes from the Sanskrit brahti 'High One'" The Encyclopedia of Celtic Wisdom, Caitlin and John Matthews

Brighid is a triple-faced goddess, not two faced

Apart from that, it was a rather well put together if a tad fluffy

thanks I really never knew that she was triple faced goddess and everything you pointed out wrong.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:16 pm
Nuri
madame arsonic

yes i would love to know more about her. not a problem. And I really don't rely on websites.

But Isn't this guild here to help people that are learning. Yes I understand that I might be wrong. But being rude to people who are trying to learn isn't helping. Nuri is definitly right.

You are going to have to accept then, that some people view rudeness in different ways.

This is not an "accept everything" community. We snark, we b***h. I learned in a way that meant people "put me in my place" and flat out told me I was wrong. We continue the way we were taught.

reminds me of my family xd

thank you for pointing that out. I will complain less next time.  

madame arsonic

Nagaz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:06 am
Hey wassup im eclectic but lean towards the Nordic sect.

I recognize the God Cernunnos. He is the Nordic form of the Horned God.

I also recognize the Goddess Frigg. she is Mother goddess of the Nordics. She is the wife of Odin  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:00 am
Nagaz

Um, I thought he was a Celtic deity?  

maenad nuri
Captain

Nagaz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:33 am
he is both actually. he was adopted by the nordic's in about the 4th century when the celtics and nordic clashed for awhile.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:38 am
Nagaz
he is both actually. he was adopted by the nordic's in about the 4th century when the celtics and nordic clashed for awhile.

Source, please? smile  

Keistera

kagirinai_Kisu

5,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:44 pm
*hopes people don't jump down my neck*

I Follow the wiccan god Isis. She is primarly the name or goddess decribed as a combination of all goddesses in one dirivation or another. It simply makes it eaiser for some people to have a name or god/goddess, that stands for them all, so you may devolpe a relashionship with all divine. and I know your gonna ask so check my faith in a book by Silver Ravenwolf. Shes a pristess from Mass, I think. She's written many books.. Other than Isis I tend to follow a strongly femnine path, I reconize male gods exist, however fail to attain a close rlashionship with them, but I do often pray to any and all depending on what my trouble or thanks are for.

..thanks for listening..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:56 pm
kagirinai_Kisu

I Follow the wiccan god Isis. She is primarly the name or goddess decribed as a combination of all goddesses in one dirivation or another. It simply makes it eaiser for some people to have a name or god/goddess, that stands for them all, so you may devolpe a relashionship with all divine. and I know your gonna ask so check my faith in a book by Silver Ravenwolf. Shes a pristess from Mass, I think. She's written many books.. Other than Isis I tend to follow a strongly femnine path, I reconize male gods exist, however fail to attain a close rlashionship with them, but I do often pray to any and all depending on what my trouble or thanks are for.

..thanks for listening..

1. Isis is an Kemetic/Egyptian Goddess, and a fairly specific one at that.
2. I'd lay off the Ravenwolf books, she's ...uh...lets just say she admit she doesn't use her brain al that often.

I'm sure others will chime in, and don't be scared of us. We're trying to refine and strengthen your beliefs....but they may have to be torn down first.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Keistera

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:47 am
You beat me to it. razz

Isis is an Egyptian Goddess, not Wiccan. Don't believe me? Check out some texts on Ancient Egypt and her religion in the local library. I believe she's a.k.a. the "Goddess of 10,000 Names" or something like that. Silver Ravenwolf's books are notorious for being horribly fluffy, Anti-Christian, and ... well... badly researched.

Stay awaaay!

Hoping people don't jump on you with fangs bared when you mention $RW is a false hope here. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:58 am
kagirinai_Kisu

..thanks for listening..

And BTW, $RW isn't from MA, it's that other uber-witch wannabe Laurie Cabot. I lived in Salem, MA for 5 years and she was not much more than a huge fluffy joke.  

EternalHearts

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:33 am
EternalHearts
And BTW, $RW isn't from MA, it's that other uber-witch wannabe Laurie Cabot. I lived in Salem, MA for 5 years and she was not much more than a huge fluffy joke.

I have one of Laurie Cabot's books. A friend of mine gave it to me, after we'd taken a trip to Salem. It's ... questionable, overall ... but there are small decent bits in it.

Salem is creepy. Any town that makes its money on the suffering of others ... *shakes head* Particularly when it wasn't even Salem proper that had the trials, it was Danvers. Ugh ugh ugh. I loved the old house museum, and the ice cream store that sells Witch City Sludge, but the rest of it was just unpleasant.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:33 am
Keistera
Nagaz

Source, please? smile

hmmm. i study many religions. especially nordic. *its almost an obsesion* i will try to find a reilable source for you. i will post it here when i find one.  

Nagaz

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:11 pm
Nagaz

There is no Norse Horned god. Cernunnos is drawn from one line of poetry which could be translated to "horned" or "seed" god, and one carving on a bowl some 200 miles away. The mythos of the horned god is put together by Wiccans, though there are resemblances to Herne and Pan, both gods in their own rights.

Nagaz
I also recognize the Goddess Frigg. she is Mother goddess of the Nordics. She is the wife of Odin

Frigga isn't quite a mother goddess... she is Odin's wife and does have a couple of children by him, but to limit her with the term "mother" would be the same as limiting her with the term "housewife." Also, she isn't the mother for most of the gods, just a few of the more minor ones.

Nagaz
hmmm. i study many religions. especially nordic. *its almost an obsesion* i will try to find a reilable source for you. i will post it here when i find one.

Which translations of the Eddas do you use? I prefer Larrington and Bellows for serious scholarship, and Hollander for poetic reading.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff