Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Dizzy's weight loss journal (feel free to comment) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:35 am
So heres an update I have started Skin diving and am a bit slower than the class but thats fine, I am working well at my own pace and swimming beautifully underwater but having a hard time holding my breath.

As for weight loss, I have actually gained some muscle and my boyfirend has asked me to join him and his buddies at the Gym at school to do ab workouts. I will join him. I cant wait!! I have been maintaining at 222 and I saw it go to 220 once so I am really making progress. I have been trying to eat oatmeal, some meats, and lots of veggies and fruits. I cant get enough veggies and fruits and I drink lots of water. I stopped drinking milk and when I have time and money I drink some almond milk.

I have been feeling very good lately. I havent stopped eating cheese as I am raised French and was a French citizen. I still love bread but I am finicky about my bread and cheese. I dont like typical cheese, I like swiss, gruyere, pepper jack, and many foreign cheeses from France and other countries. I have been trying to force myself to not eat so much and lower sat. fat and sodium. I sometimes eat a bag of flavored chex mix or sunchips but thats when I havent eaten in 14hours due to my dad trying to starve me. He doesnt like me eating and thinks me not having a meal makes me stronger. I am trying to increase metabolism and be active. My boyfriend wants it the same way too but he doesnt want me to be uncomfortable. he wants me to be happy and get healthier. so I will!

I cant wait till tomorrow, I am spending the night at his house and then going to class and hitting the gym to try and get better looking abs and lose some body fat and actually sweat a bit.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:49 pm
I wish I could swim. D:
You're so lucky!

I think it's good that you and your boyfriend are working out together!  

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:54 pm
alright its been months since you have heard from me.

I have lost 5 lbs since you last saw me. this semester I will work out about 3 days a week and I hope to bike to work again and get my boyfriend to work out with me on fridays. I bought myself an ipod for a 5lb reward. lately I have been gaining a bit of weight but not that much. only 2 or 3 lbs different.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:32 pm
I only got to work out at the gym once this week sadly, but this coming week it will be twice. and the following three, I plan to tone my body and lose weight. my first goal now is 200 and my second is 150. it seems the most stable for my body to handle. I was that weight once before and I plan to be it again.  

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50

rahna

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:44 pm
You can do it Dizzy. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:59 pm
rahna
thank you! and nice avi of Saria btw.

Tonight My boyfirend is coming over and I am cooking for him, he is getting a stew I made out of veggies, (leeks, carrots,a turnip, parsnips, dill, parsley a hint of cilantro, and I threw in a potato to soak up the juice since he dislikes soup) I also used organic low sodium chicken broth and added my own sea salt, I had to use a special one for the right taste.

I also found some meat that looked like a steak and fried it for him. (he doesnt need any special diet, just good tasting food) I am currently working on the rice.

I am excited to make this for him. I love cooking and I feel cooking for myself most of the time is the best way to go and working out after class at the school gym is a great way to shape my body.

even though the weight of my body stays up and looks like I've gained, I have muscles, and my stomach has gotten smaller for most things. I can only eat about 1 poptart now, no hotpockets and I have been fuller on a piece of meat maybe the size of 2 decks of cards rather than 5 or 6, I feel better but for some reason, I have been eating a lot of vitamin C and eating lemons and limes too. Not sure why....

I also wake up tired and I get dizzy spells every few days. I might have consult my doctor about this but I think I will be ok. I have been taking my medicine and I actually recently started to drink vitamin water. When I first tried it, it was like watered down gatorade and had different ingredients. now I see them and taste something different. my fav so far is XXX and I like lemonade flavor. revive I get when I feel sick or am hungover.

Also I havebeen drinking a lot of water and am picky. I started Environmental biology and am going to learn what bottled water is good and which is bad, if anyone is interested let me know. I know DeerPark and Fiji are top list (well Dasani and Aquafina too)  

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50

rahna

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:00 pm
Dizzy Aquarius
rahna
thank you! and nice avi of Saria btw.

Tonight My boyfirend is coming over and I am cooking for him, he is getting a stew I made out of veggies, (leeks, carrots,a turnip, parsnips, dill, parsley a hint of cilantro, and I threw in a potato to soak up the juice since he dislikes soup) I also used organic low sodium chicken broth and added my own sea salt, I had to use a special one for the right taste.

I also found some meat that looked like a steak and fried it for him. (he doesnt need any special diet, just good tasting food) I am currently working on the rice.

I am excited to make this for him. I love cooking and I feel cooking for myself most of the time is the best way to go and working out after class at the school gym is a great way to shape my body.

even though the weight of my body stays up and looks like I've gained, I have muscles, and my stomach has gotten smaller for most things. I can only eat about 1 poptart now, no hotpockets and I have been fuller on a piece of meat maybe the size of 2 decks of cards rather than 5 or 6, I feel better but for some reason, I have been eating a lot of vitamin C and eating lemons and limes too. Not sure why....

I also wake up tired and I get dizzy spells every few days. I might have consult my doctor about this but I think I will be ok. I have been taking my medicine and I actually recently started to drink vitamin water. When I first tried it, it was like watered down gatorade and had different ingredients. now I see them and taste something different. my fav so far is XXX and I like lemonade flavor. revive I get when I feel sick or am hungover.

Also I havebeen drinking a lot of water and am picky. I started Environmental biology and am going to learn what bottled water is good and which is bad, if anyone is interested let me know. I know DeerPark and Fiji are top list (well Dasani and Aquafina too)

You're welcome, and thank you!! I'm so glad you recognized her.

It's great that you're cooking healthy foods, and moreso that you're cooking for you and your boyfriend. (I just think that's sweet.) Y'know, I'm not sure there's a real difference between bottled and tap. I think tap water is just as healthy as anything you buy in a store. (And a whole lot tastier.)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:00 am
today I checked my weight and I am about the same as I have been for the past month and a half. its not going anywhere but I am not losing hope! I will make to 210 and then 200. I can do this! and rain or no rain I am going to school and to the gym!  

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:07 pm
went to the gym today and stayed for a little over an hour, I did my 10 min cardio, I paced myself and got a good sweat, then off to work on my abs, glutes, triceps, biceps quads, and any and all parts of my body that I could. I also worked on the treadmill and walked for a good ten minutes at 3.5 mph. then I lowered it a bit. I am a walker not a runner, but I sometimes do run or jog.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:05 pm
this week I just didnt feel well. I have been feeling that same feeling I felt when I had my first caffeine pill. tense, unsure of anything, my heart is racing but feels like its not beating but I know it is.

My boyfriend and I overslept on Monday and took the day off to go to the movies. I think he understands I am feeling overworked I work 4 days a week and got to school 3 days a week. I'm gonna start getting thursdays off and sleeping in, then going to hang out, then to my boyfriends house.  

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:16 pm
So I have been working out 3 days a week. actually thats not completely accurate but I walk to work (thats one mile at 2.0 miles per hour) and it takes me 30 minutes to walk about a mile and a half.

but I digress, I was asked by my favorite professor to join his scuba class once again. So to rephrase that

work out 3 days a week, walk to work 4 and scuba once a week.

but I am hoping to work 3 days a week again and school 3 days a week so I have one day to relax.

I have lost a bit of fat and I checked my buoyancy Control Vest (BC for short) I can now fit comfortably into a large! Hooray for me! I am really excited.

my dad decided he thinks I need to wear a small or a medium, and i will get to that sometime. My boyfriend said if I keep working hard at losing weight there maybe a new wardrobe in my future. I cant wait. I am not letting go of some of my large and xl shirts as big shirts are always comfy but pants that fit correctly are always nicer.

eating news, I dont have much to tell ya but when you work out, ALWAYS make sure that you do it slowly and steadily, you will actually get a better sweat and always carry a towel with you to the gym so you can wipe your sweat and keep the equipment dry. its a general rule. I feel great right now like I could just go and play! but I have other things to do in my time, such as homework and getting ready for a party on saturday night. I also ordered a large fry from school. now mind you these are freshly cooked fries and its not as big as you think, I couldnt finish them. I think there were maybe 50 fries? not even. but to sum it up i cant finish eating them all!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:46 pm
went to the gym today, but my partner for fridays (boyfriend) couldnt stay too long with me. usually we go for an hour to an hour and a half just working out, but today his toe was injured a bit and it started bleeding a little. nothing i am concerned about but he didnt wanna put too much effort into it. We must have worked out for about 30mins.

Another thing I am noticing I am really getting toned a bit and feeling better. my ankle still hurts once in a while but I am certain the random pain will go away when my weight is down.

Scuba was nice Wed night and I cant wait to be certified and to finally return to the ocean and be able to see everything in a new way. I havent done that since I was about 16.  

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:19 pm
I have been noticing my weight staying around 223 but I am fairly certain it is mostly muscle weight.

I went to scuba class these past two weeks and last semester I found that I was wearing an extra large Buoyancy control vest, this semester its a size down and my stomach looks better and smaller too! I feel it tightening and I am very proud of this body. I wont quit till it looks even slimmer, if I cant see the numbers go down, the least I can do is keep working out.

I admit I have been eating bad foods once a week. (friday is my typical eat silly breakfast like ihop or something, and then if I have time my boyfriend sometimes buys lunch for me at school. they have some great lunches! and I can always get their steamed veggies if I so desire.)

my parents are saying I am too negative, and I admit I am, but I am thinking of staying longer at the gym on Mondays and Wednesdays. Last time I checked, a few months ago when I was on medicine for bad cholesterol to be lowered I went down over 100 numbers and I lost a good chunk of weight too. I think it was over 200 and when I last checked it was at 153 so I imagine it went down a lot. (I didnt use lipitor, I had a low dose one that gave me muscle cramps for the first month, and after that nothing. I ate with it to ensure it was fine.)

so yea thats my rant for today about my weight loss. its taken me a year to lose a good 10 lbs. but I just looked back at my progress today, and last month one year ago I was 240 and today I am 220 still. it fluctuates between 217 and 223 but I am about 220 and I HAVE seen it at 215 so I cant lose hope. I am staying in shape and I still walk to work.

Tomorrow after work my boyfriend is going to pick me up on his moped and give me a lift. I cant wait! I am also going to make a nice lunch and dinner involving chicken for him in the crock pot. I wont be gone all day but I want to make something good. I will use citrus, herbs, and if we have beans I will use em. I dont know if I have much to use. if not I can make a nice sauce.

any suggestions? the meat is chicken.

oh and I have kept my sodium intake down, I have taken a liking to vitamin water. when I first tried that stuff years ago when it first hit the shelves it was gross, it was watered down gatorade and had food colorings. now its become something different. there is one for everyday of my life! While I dont like bottled water, this is a good one for me when I want something sweet and I dont feel like having a coke that day and I want something healthy and refreshing.

My favorite (and my boyfriend actually likes it too) is XXX probably because we both LOVE pomegranate. I love it cause it is a winter fruit and tastes best ice cold but he loves the flavor, I like it cause it can be bloody and delicious and it means my birthday is nearing. its a magical fruit.

I can only drink revive when I am very sick, extremely dehydrated or hungover. I really hate its taste, but it helped me when I felt very sick over the summer.
I didnt get to work out yesterday as I was quite lethargic and dehydrated from walking in the woods at school, and it having been hot out.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:18 pm
I havent been eating too well lately. I just havent been that hungry, and when I am hungry nothing looks very good. but on the bright side I am 217 at the moment and I can still feel lovely muscles. I have been working out and figuring out what I want to eat now. I dont like barebeque or teriyaki chicken, and thats all the meat we have. I tried eating some yakisoba last night but my brain wont allow it. my brain remembered last time I ate noodles like those with meat and what not and I dont think I can eat a lot of japanese foods or chinese anymore. I can still eat sushi but I have to know where it came from.

I have been taking care of myself and unfortunately not being able to sleep happens. I've been having a a lot of stress on my hands and trying to cope with it. its really hard to cope with stress factors while being rushed to graduate.  

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:47 pm
Good job on the weight loss! Keep it up. 3nodding  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]