Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Hey! Let's start the night off quickly, kay? So, The Strokes have said they're going to play at Austin City Limits, and I'll be honest; I ********' love that show. They usually pick such great artists too. I watched Foo Fighters on there as well as R.E.M. I'm gonna find out when The Strokes go on so I can watch myself. I'll try to remember to tell you guys. But sadly, I'm more important.
Seether revealed one of their new songs, "No Resolution" while playing a lve show and I have a good feeling it'll be on their January release. If you wanna hear the song you can most likely find live recording on Youtube. Have fun with the shitty quality though.
Apperently Eve 6 is finally been active again. They're working on an album but there's no information about it really. There's a song titled, "Lost and Found", streaming on their website and it's gonna be on the album. But other than that, not a whole lot of anything has gotten out about it.
I've been getting a little impatient for Queens Of The Stone Age's next album. They said they're working on it, yeah, but they keep re-releasing s**t and touring for it and I'm tired of it. It's been like 3 years, hurry up faggots.
A bit of speculation has come out in the Pearl Jam world because there were some extra songs that didn't make Backspacer and they're deciding what to do with them. They may release an EP with those on it, or save them for the next record. I think they should be on an EP so they don't end up standing out on a new album, but we'll see what they decide to do in the long run.

Song of the Day - -

Resistance - Muse
face it, it may be off an album that ruined the artist, but the song has various qualities that make it a masterpiece. It has a tight bassline, with coordinated bass fills... It also has a strong pop aura shown in it's verses, which have back up vocals repeating some phrases. The only downfall of the song I think, is the chorus. It's a powerful chorus, but it seems to not fit the song and everytime it happens it just transitions by having a creshendo with 8th note snare and bass. However, the chorus does blend well when it concludes each time. It splits off to verses or bridges each time and those transitions fit beautifully.

- - - Everyone Else's World

- - Fall Update

Oh my god... Long weekend! I have Thursday and Friday off, this is SO beast. I sadly can't chill with any of my friends this weekend because they still have school. Sucks. I'll be with Emmy though so I'll be happy. Very.
I've come to the revelation that having Geometry at the end of the day is one of the worst things ever. I'm sleepy because my day is so easy and then, BAM! Geometry! Easy, annoying, repetitive, faggoty. It's just awful.

- - The Rest of the Things I Hate

I'm struggling to come up with more headline designs. Luckily, I've been holding onto a few ideas just in case this happens.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:54 am
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

20 years ago today, Pearl Jam performed their first show was at the Off Ramp in Seattle. No suprise on the Seattle part. So I should say, top your hats off to Pearl Jam's 20 year anniversary.
You know who I've never cared for? The Raconteurs. I've just never been a big Jack White fan, he always tries to incorporate things into his songs that never fit. Like, "Steady As She Goes", it has part where random keyboard pops in just to say, "Hi, am I in this one? No? I'll just play a few keys anyhoo." This effect is seen in his solo stuff with The White Stripes too. "Icky Thump" is already a pretty funky song, but the bagpipe? Okay? It just doesn't honestly match, he just wants to make his music unique instead of good. Haha, basically the logic little scene kids have. "I wanna be different, but I don't care if it's a good different."
So, Facebook marauded be to look up Baptized In Blood and I fianally did. OH MY JESUS. They're awesome! They're like a mix-mash of Pantera and As I Lay Dying. Their vocalist sounds very similar to the Pantera guy actually. Well, his normal vocals do, he also screams some. Their debut album is self-titled and it's on iTunes. You wanna know what could perhaps be it's greatest trait? Their album cover; It has a brutal a** shark on it! I want these guy's music now!!!
The Spill Canvas has a music video for the song, "Dust Storm", now. You can find a link on their Facebook if you fail at searching on Youtube. I haven't watched it myself because I don't care much for music videos. Half the time they ruin the song in one way or another so I'll just take no part of it and be okay.
On the topic of videos... Goo Goo Dolls have a live performance recording of their song "One Night" that they've let out for preview on their website. It's only a minute long, so don't get 'too' excited about it guys.

Song of the Day - -

5 Minutes Alone - Pantera
Well, it's got a cool break beatish pattern which makes up the main riff. The song also seems to pull of into random breakdowns all the time and it makes the song seem very hectic and yes, very metal. The song has a guitar solo, of course, but the solo in "5 Minutes Alone" isn't a shredder one, it's more of a flanger kind of thing. It's cool though. If you like metal, Listen to this s**t.

- - Fall Update

Me and Emmy are going to the studio today! It's her first time she'll have ever gone. I hope she doesn't get bored... I'll be playing a whole lotta drums and I don't want her to say she's bored, but it seems very possible.
I really need to go to the library. I've been blowing it off for like a month but I really want Heavier Than Heaven. Bad.

The band Live's name. It makes them so unimaginably difficult to find their music because it'll just find, "Paramore Live in derpaderp". Even When you put the song's name it can be mega-difficult still.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:51 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Only Creed fans are gonna understand this, but, isn't it annoying how everyone either loves or hates Creed? There's no real in between. I mean, I don't think Creed is the best band in the whole ******** world but hey, they're a good band. (Exluding Full Circle)
Alter Bridge is just about to have their next album out as well, AB III, it will however be their last full length release. They may still release EP's and stray songs because Tremonti feels that the music industry doesn't require albums anymore. Which I disagree with heavily. Albums have been a historic symbol of rock and real fans like to have collections of songs in the flesh.
I don't know these guys very well... But, Seattle emo bad, Sunny Day Real Estate has confirmed that they are writing new material. It's been about 10 years since their last release so this is pretty damn crazy. To be real honest, I just wanted to talk about a band to broaden your guys' musical horizon.
Dear god. I found out how to. Vertical Horizon, they're a post grunge group and I just got their album, Go, today. They're not too bad but i don't love them. I suggest the song, "Echo" from what I can suggest. I do however know that they have a better album, Everything You Want, which was their debut release. If you wanna sample a whole album, do that one. Good news about them though is that they're still going. They released a single, "The Lucky One" just back in June.
The alternative band, Trapt, released their new album No Apologies on September 14th. I haven't heard it for I don't really give two shits about Trapt, but I know everyone else jizzes over these guys for some reason. They've added various tracks onto it in the past month though which are available on their website and iTunes. If you want a free song, go to their Facebook and find "Stanger In The Mirror" and you can download it there.

Song of the Day - -

Mess Of Me - Switchfoot
I just discovered it today but wow! It's a poppy powerhouse and I'm amazed it never gets massed on the Radio. It has quiet haunted pre-chorus's which have a high drone somewhat like what Queens Of The Stone Age does often. The chorus of the song is it's primary strength, it's catchy, loud, and full of energy. The verses are slightly entertaining but the point is just to get you to the chorus.

- - Fall Update

I went to the library and checked out a ton of CD's today. AWESOME... I got so much stuff; Oasis, Switchfoot, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers... Just so much great stuff! I forgot how amazing it is to get 20 albums just like that.

I hate it when you haven't seen your friends since school started. Well, obviously I've seen 'friends', but not my awesome friends. They live in other cities. Which is gay.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:51 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I don't know if there's many Fireball Ministry fans out there, but have you guys heard their most recent album? It's their self-titled one, I personally found it so-so. There were no attention grabbers off of it sadly. No, "Spill The Demons" or "King" on this record. I did however like, "Hard Lines" and "Fallen Believers" a decent bit. So if you haven't heard the record, those two songs are my general 2 cents.
I just heard this song, "Pinch & Roll" by Hum today. It's... Interesting at least. The vocal levels were too quiet for sure and that ruined the song a little for me, but, it got my head going a little bit because the song is a very close mash up of Dinosaur Jr., The Screaming Trees, and early Nirvana. It's a nice sound in general, (If you like angsty kids yellnig at you) but the song needs work.
You know one band I don't give a s**t for? Sister Hazel. From the outside, it appears I'd support or at least not mind them right? But No. I think their combination of country, pop, and post-grunge just isn't working for them like it did The Wallflowers. When they do it, it's just a little annoying. It's like they try too hard to get radio hits and have every song sound the same. Just my opinion. And to me, it's 100% correct. All the time.
Earshot; A Tool-inspired alternative metal act. I think they're an alright group. They might not have the prolific capabilities that would make them a truly amazing group, but, they have potencial. They haven't had any form of releasing activity for over a year though. So I don't know what their potencial is gonna get them at this point.

Song of the Day - -

Invalid Litter Dept. - At The Drive-In
Normally, I think talking vocals are a bit lazy and boring, but this song pulls it off in a disturbingly great way. The next thing this song has under its belt is a great chorus that comes in stronger than it appears it should. But damn, it works great with it's repetitive phrasing.
"On my way
Nails broke and fell
Into the
Wishing well
Wishing well
Wishing well"
That's the melodic phrasing used in the chorus and that s**t gets drileld deep into your cranium!

- - Fall Update

I had a good day. Sadly, I couldn't get my psoter done/started because I had no posterboard... I derped. It'll be taken car eof wednesday thoguh. No problemo.
Me and Emily's 1 year; Thursday. OH MY GOD. I'm so excited for the fact it's been a year! And then Panda Express! And Then Enter Shikari! AH! It's just gonna be an amazing day...

Not paying attention to songs that kick a** because you've been too distracted with other songs to care. "3005" by Scars On Broadway. I just today realized how good this song is because I've been ignoring it because I've been listening to "Funny" and "********" mostly. Oh yeah, and "Chemicals". "Chemicals" is dreams.
Oh yeah. I ******** love Trale Lowous.
You know you I mistake constantly for each other? Gin Blossoms and The Wallflowers. They're really similar yet I know Gin Blossoms are better for some reason.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:42 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

You know what really grinds my gears? I read a review of The Kings Of Leon's album, Because Of The Times, and they said very harsh, negative things about it. I think that's definetly their best album. They said it was as if the band grew bored with creative songwriting and all they wanted was to was have a quick release. On top of that, they said the album was offencive to women. I'll admit, I don't know it's lyrics really at all. But none the less, it's a rock album. Who gives a s**t if it offends women ,or gays, or blacks... Whaddya call the entire genre rap? "Yo ***** ****** niggity ****** my d**k!" yes. It's a real quote. (Almost, but not really) They gave the album half of a star out of 5 and I was like... "******** dat, it deserves a 3, and maybe a 3 and a half." Okay, it is Kings Of Leon so it couldn't be great, but it's better than half a mother ******** star!Comes and Goes is gonna be the new Default album. I don't 'love' Default, but they're okay. They're a standard post-grunge/alternative metal band. Much alike Fuel, Seether, or a funny cross between Chevelle and Tonic. If you're a fan, you can preview it on their website and pre-order it there too.
Papa Roach is the artist of the month for Rocktober. GUH! They've popped out the mainstream garbage closet and aren't even rock to me. They used to be pretty good when they were the rap metal act that they practically defined. "Last Resort" was a godly song. We all know it. Now they have "Lifeline" or as I call it, "faggotline". I don't really call it that... I usually just call it, "That faggy "Lifeline" song." They don't deserve s**t for forsaking an entire genre of music that they helped build. Faggots.
So Muse is touring with this band called, Passion Pit. The funny part is that my bass player to my band said that should be our name and quote, "Some faggy indie band took the name already." There's that faggy indie band. I've never heard them, but if they're touring with the Muse of today. Gotta be gay.

Song of the Day - -

The River - Good Charlotte
I know, Good Charlotte. Gay as ********, only because of this album, Good Morning Revival, which this song is on. This is the one good song on that album. The cool part about it is that the lead singer of Avenged Sevenfold, M. Shadows, comes i nand does a verse and joins for the last chorus. It's sick. His verse is what makes the song good. The verses instrumentals have decent muted guitar for rythym and the chorus's are a louder, proggresive sequence with piano in the back ground. It's a good song, but really, if it weren't for M. Shadows... There'd be absolutely no reason to listen to Good Morning Revival. Well... There's a harmonic solo in the song that's also kinda cool... But it's not good enough to make the song worth it if Matt wasn't there. (Matt = M. Shadows, if you're too derp to get that)

- - Fall Update

Decent enough day. Tomorrow'll be great because I get to go to digital arts and I've been wanting too so bad today! I need to make more album covers for my theoretical band, Purple Urchin. Yes, it's just for fun, I make it on mixcraft. I think I said this before? None the less, just for fun.
In two days. It's my one year with Emmy. Holy s**t.

Freshman. But then again, who doesn't? And don't say Freshman, they hate themselves even. Even if they don't admit it, they know they suck balls.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:13 pm
X I N G L Y N X H O U R

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I wanna get Mudhoney's music really bad now. I've always liked them, but I've just heard heard this song, "The Money Will Roll Right In" recently, and I like it. It's a bit heavier and focused, not to mention a bit cleaner, than most of their stuff. I like it. It's got distortion instead of their usual fuzzy twang. They're good through and through and it's about time I searched for their stuff.
So, Rise Against has these cool shirts that were made to help fight breast cancer. There's a photograph of the the band on stage for the shirt and it's pretty tight. The photographer for the picture was the famed, Lisa Johnson. And I think she got an amazing picture for shirt. Go check it out on their website and probably even on Shirts For The Cure's website.
If you're a fan of A Perfect Circle, you may be interested in hearing a cover of, "Rocket Man", by Maynard Keenan and a a member of The Flaming Lips, Steven Drozd. I have no idea how that cover's gonna come out but if it has hints of APC in there it's gonna be a rather hilarious combination of "Rocket Man" and well... Depression.
It's been annoucned when Social Distortion will be releasing their new album! It's gonna be January 18th if all goes according to plan for the release of Hard Times And Nursery Rhymes. They said they're very excited to finally feature the instrumental intro track, "Road Zombie", on an album. So, if you're a fan of Sociallo Distortiano, you should be one happy b***h.
Last month, Beck made a music video for the song, "Garbage Truck". I haven't seen it, I don't really want to see it. But hey, people like to have songs ruined by music videos being spammed so go ahead, go watch the video if you want. f**.

Song of the Day - -

Backstabber - Dresden Dolls
It's been stuck in my head all day! It has a very catchy, and... Crudely funny chorus and that's a very strong point of the song. I personally think the song has good pre-chorus's and a good bridge too. They have a very strong voice behind their music and it gives the song this creepy hating feeling to it with a hint of sorrow. The song gets a nice effect in the chorus because the duo's drummer joins in the vocals for some of the chorus (As well as a few other parts) and that's what helps drive the emotion of the song. Go listen guys! It's a powerful aong and if you like piano rock, you'd like or at least find this interesting. Just realising... If you like Coldplay, give this a chance for sure.

- - Fall Update

Tomorrow's my one year anniversary. Wow... I wont be posting my article tomorrow probably but you have to let that go, I have a very important day. I'm so excited I'm practically calm. It's weird.

It's not tomorrow yet! Waaaaah!

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:52 pm
XiNg LyNx HoUr

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Tour info! A Day To Remember is going to start off their Fall tour on this tuesday and their first stop is in South Carolina at the House of Blues. If you're in the area, go see em'. They only have dates of for the eastern states so far though, if you wanna see the dates go on their website and see their poster. You'll also see the other bands their with, like Underoath n' such.
Alter Bridge's new album is... Okay. I heard it and it's... Just okay. It's not as good as Blackbird but it's about equal to One Day Remains. It seems that they wanted to refer to their more 'melodic metal' sound than their hard rock feeling on Blackbird. I wouldn't suggest it unless you really like Alter Bridge's work.
I've been neglecting to listen to Local H and the song, "Everyone Alive" came up on Pandora and I was like, "Oh, I should listen to more of their moosic because they have like... 6 or so albums now and I like their stuffs." I will now most likely persue getting their music in the nearby future. My first goal is finding Rise Against's stuff though, oh, and Mudhoney.
If you like Avenged Sevenfold, (Like everyone does/should at least give a try) then you may wanna get their special Halloween edition of Nightmare, it comes with a shirt, which is cool, the album, derp, and sadly; Fingerless knit gloves with their logo on them: GAY. Why Avenged Sevenfold? You aren't Fall Out Boy, don't make f*****t gloves. You're supposed to be metal, that's just gay. Go make an A7X battle axe for god sake.

Song of the Day - -

The Game - Motorhead
It's a slow paced doom metal song with lots of big changes throughout the song instrumentally, not very many vocal changes however. It basically repeats the same few lines the whole song but with different instrument tracks behind it. It's a cool song if you can get past it's repetitiveness.

- - Fall Update

Wowwy woo! I saw Enter Shikari with Emily yesterday for our one year and woop! The first two bands, Lights Go Blue and Sleeping With Sirens, were absolutely terrible. Never listen to them. They're just absolutely awful. However, than band, Haste The Day, impressed me. They had a great stage pressence and finally got the crowd movin' a little bit. They did have these super annoying lights though. They were just way too bright and they were pointed directly at the audience. Enter Shikari was beast though. They were super interactive even though so much went wrong. Their keyboards ******** up, their guitars unplugged, their effects turned of randomly... It had to have sucked a** for them. I'd have been embarrassed, but they were funny abotu it so it went well.

"The Gift", by Seether. The first line of that song makes the singer, Shaun Morgan, sound like a kid. It bothers me slightly, it's a good song however.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:03 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Today, Helloween released their brand ********' new album! 7 Sinners. It was set up just pefectly for you al lto get a Helloween album on Halloween. What a crazy power metal though. I hope the album goes well and you guys enjoy the release. I will probably forget to check it out, but perhaps I'll come across it. The album has a high priority to get them to being 'metal' again. Because their last release was an acoustic album, they wanted to get the idea back that they were a real class act of pure metal.
So, don't you guys love when bands make songs for Sports teams? Like Creed, making the Florida Marlins baseball theme. (Which was lame) Well, Sevendust made the official song for the Atlanta Falcon's Football team called, "Falcons On Top", they even made a video for it! What great laughs. Sevendust doing a song for a sports team, they're so Jamaican and metal though, what was Atlanta thinking?
Who else gets annoyed when any 'new' AFI comes up? Like, December Underground Or Crash Love. Because those album blow german sausage. And I'm not talking about packages meat. I'm talking about fat c**k. Old AFI was good, it was actual punk and eventually got some influence from early emo. And that kicked a**. Seriously. It's so annoying to hear bands kill themselves simply because they notice the benefits of fame and fortune. Faggots.
The modern punk group, cKy, released a new song last month called, "Afterworld". The band has also said their working on new material for an album in 2011. Like every good band.
If you're interested in seeing 10 Years, just know that they are touring with Sevendust and that they've been doing meet and greets after every show so far in the tour to support the release of their newest album, Feeding The Wolves. So, if you'd like to meet 10 Years, you're probably gonna get the oppertunity.

Song of the Day - -

Blow Up The Outside World - Soundgarden
Yeah, it's a messed up, creepy song. Just in the fitting mood on this ghoulish day. The song has quiet verses with a handful of vocal effects that do what the experts call, The Pixies Effect, it goes real loud and powerful for the chorus. It's a dark song but it's a good'n. If you wanna have a good creepy playlist it's very highly recommended by me.

- - Fall Update

Watched all the Saw movies yesterday! Well, up to 5. It was a godo way to spend the Halloween weekend.
I just made a poster that I should've had last tuesday! It'll be turned in tomorrow with a slight grade scab for being late.

Doesn't it suck that Halloween is on a Sunday night? So major gay. Where's all the delinquents causing meh'am!?

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:10 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

So, after many delays for Cold's new album, Epic, (Which the title was officially changed, yet no new name has been released so far) they think they've almost got it down and really are aiming to have it out this year. They've been procrastinating quite a bit sadly... Or as they call it, 'Fine tuning' the album. But it should have about 10 tracks. Expect more though, they keep adding more! Which is a pretty sweet deal. This is gonna be a killer album. Soon after their planning on doing an acoustic album too, they haven't released a whole lot of info on that though.
Another alt metal band chunk of album info, Staind has announced that they're gonna start working on their 7th album at the end of this year, so anytime now. Staind has stated that they wanna make a heavy album, but they wanna be able to play with some ideas that they came across on the last album but didn't tamper into. I expect the album to be pretty kick a** considering, dude, it's mo' fuggin' Staind!!! No title information has been released yet.
Yes, I know it's only been like what? 2 months? Yeah, well anyway, Telephantasm has a deluxe version now. It includes 5 more tracks that you can listen to on iTunes to see if you like em'. Soundgarden is clearly in it for the money, again. ******** Chris Cornell.
There was a live broadcast from the recording scene for "Not Broken" bu Goo Goo Dolls. I didn't see it for I don't care. But if you do, You can search of Goo Goo Dolls on Ustream or find their link on Facebook for it.

Song of the Day - -

Look What The Cat Dragged In - The Rolling Stones
A lot of people aren't too happy with newer Rolling Stones but I like it more. It's less acid driven. Well anyway, the song has loud repetitive drums and a funky, desert riff that resembles just a little bit like "Paint It Black"'s riff. The song has some generally cool guitar parts and has major jazz, blues, and ******** influence. It makes for a cool song. Since it is the stones, of course there's a guitar solo. It's a little short, but I personally think it's tight. And there's another anyway that's pretty nice as well, partially because it is longer. Go listen for yourselves.

- - Fall Update

Pretty standard day. Twas a'ight. I'm excited for tomorrow though. I have good classes!

People who act like they're really into music but don't know any artists outside of Linkin Park and Katy Perry, you're not into music anymore than a toddler. Shut your awful tasting mouth.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:01 pm
-XING LYNX HOUR-

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

If you're looking for a good acoustic song, I have one to advise to you. "I'll Be (Acoustic)", I've never heard a non-original of it but it's a good song by Edwin McCain. I laughed because his last name a little bit.
Another good song is "In The Mouth A Desert" by Pavement. I recently got their album, Slanted and Enchanted so I'm a little behind in the times but let's continue, it's got a cool melodic riff that reveals itself a few times within the song. That riff is what makes the song too, it's tight. For those of you who have no idea who the band, Pavement, is... They're basically Dinosaur Jr. with a younger sound and more indie influences. If you don't know Dino Jr., you clearly haven't read my article before. So ******** you.
On a desert rock note, This group, The Desert Sessions, is a collaborative group of the desert rockers from the Palm Desert. The group has never really gotten my attention too much but this song, "Crawl Home", I like. It has a girl singer (Who I can't find her name, my apologies) and it's rare for me to like female singers but, damn, not bad. If you likey, they are planning on making a box set of their 10 vinyl's on CD form in the near future.
The heavy metal phenom, Megadeth, is planning on having a new album in the coming year. They said they're discussing it but don't know when they'll start recording simply because they're a bit too occupied touring right now. Keep your ears peeled for info on their next album though, it should be a good'n.
I found this band called Hot Water Music and I like em'. They're an alternative metal act with hints of hardcore guitar work. I haven't heard a whole lot of them but I do like the song, "All Heads Down". It's just an altogether good song, if you're a Chevelle fan, look these guys up because I have a feeling I'm gonna fall in love with them. Expect word of them in the future.

Song of the Day - -

Lead Sails (And A Paper Anchor) - Atreyu
From my favorite Atreyu album, Lead Sails Paper Anchor. The song is an acoustic ballad with a tender mood about the loneliness of the sea, or anything isolating really. (That's how I interpret it) The song also has this amazing slide guitar in it that adds a nice country twang tone, it's followed up with multiple vocal lines and "ooohs" that back up the vocals well. One thing I love is all of the repetitive, melodic phrasing that practically builds the song, but if you think the sogn is simply a ballad you got it wrong. Around the end the drums pick up and you get some uproaring 16th guitar notes and it's honestly beautiful. This song is a huge recommendation for all my readers.

- - Fall Update

Sorry I've missed you a few days. Busy with Emmy. Well, the only thing that's happened recently I can think of is that I wore Emmy's white/grey V-neck on tuesday because it A. Fit and B. It went will with my outfit. I wish I had one of my own though.

Oh yeah, I got the rest of Seether's music. It kind of annoys me how Disclaimer II is just Disclaimer with like. 8 more songs.
I hate when people b***h about drama yet don't realize that they are totally feeding it. As an input, don't even acknowledge people who wanna be drama queens. Just ignore them and they'll realzie that no one cares about your petty problems with other people.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:34 am
X i n g L y n x H o u r

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

You wanna know what I do not get? Coheed & Cambria is about to tour with Deftones. Why would anyone wanna tour with them? Especially because they never fit who they're touring with. I suppose since Deftones are soon to be touring with Coheed, that means the BLACKDIAMONDSKYE tour is almost over. Sweet. That means Alice In Chains will probably start writing!
There's a new song by A Day To Remember called, "2nd Sucks". If you're a fan or just plainly wanna hear if they're gonna keep up the good work, go listen to it.
For those who don't know yet, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys, is coming out November 22nd. My Chemical Romance might clear off their title of being mega-emo with this album. "Na Na Na" is clearly more like a bubblegummy pop-punk song, but damn, it was good. I can't wait to see the finished product.
If you're a metal drummer and would like to get a little lesson, The drummer of Shadows Fall (Jason Bittner) is giving online drum lessons on their website. He's a pretty good drummer and I'd check it out if I cared about metal drums really. It's not that I'm against them, it's that I have better things to be concentrating on.
If you're a deep down Pearl Jam fan, there's gonna be a new live album that's gonna be kept pretty low-down. It's only going to be available through their personal fan club and select internet retailers. The album is Called Live on Ten Legs and it'll feature all sorts of their music performed live and at their best I'm sure. It's got plans of being out January 17th. Enjoy it guys!

Song of the Day - -

The Gift - Seether
It's a melodic song and I love the chorus beyond all belief. The song uses contrast from quiet verses to loud chorus which is backed up by having repetitive melodic phrasing which makes it beautiful! The song was on their 3rd album, Karma and Effect and it's my personal favorite from the album.

- - Fall Update

I made a 300 song playlist that has 3 songs from each artist in a row and my goal is to get through it all by the end of the weekend. It's easy when you got the strategy game though.

Call of Duty faggots. There's no reason to be so annoying on a game dude. Just stop.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:34 pm
|X|I|N|G| |L|Y|N|X| |H|O|U|R|

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I've recently discovered a song called, ""Cha!" Said The Kitty", the song's pretty good, but the more important part is the end. For maybe 5 seconds... A bunch of cats just meow. It's actually kind of cute in a way. God damn Local H and their dumb use of sarcasm.
I've decided that Jimmy Eat World's hands-down best album is Futures. It was their 2004 release and it had amazing songs like, "Pain", "Work", and "Just Tonight" on it. The album was a bit darker, heavier, and more depressing than other releases. Giving them their initial emo stamp from the media. Now they're one of the happiest bands I know.
Speaking of emo bands going happy, My Chemical Romance almost did, but didn't. After hearing "Na Na Na", I wasn't sure what to expect. Was it just one song? Or were they in with a new style? Well, it's a little of both. Their music is most likely going to reference to Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, primarily because it shows majorly on the track, "The Only Hope For Me Is You". Which I guess is good. I based my judgement off this song only because it seemed realistic to judge that instead of "Na Na Na" first. Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys is no matter what gonna be interesting at the least. It's definetly letting off the image that they're a whole new My Chem, but musically, they're staying the samish. I think they're doing great work personally. Big shocker huh?
If you're an alt. metal fan and don't know of Cold, you're missing out. Their album, A Different Kind Of Pain, has effected the alt. metal world in a major way, it's made obvious influence to artists like, Shinedown and strangely enough, power metal acts. While taking derp obviosu influences from bands like Nirvana and Faith no More. Not to mention the standard influence to all alt. metal, Tool.

Song of the Day - -

Suffocate - Cold
Like I said, listen to it. The song has an amazing chorus while using the quiet to loud effects as it goes into chorus's. Which is an amazing effect especially in this song because the chorus has such power. It's powered by a melodic vocal line but topped off with female vocals which use some speech/singing. It's like the opposite of the vocals in "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence. The song also draws my attention because one of the chorus's comes in with just vocals and drums for the first half of it, it's very anticipating and a true genius of work. Ironically, It's not on A Different Kind Of Pain, it's On Their album just before it, Year Of The Spider. Which is my personal favorite of theirs. Go check it out son/girl kid.

- - Fall Update

2 day week! 5 day weekend! Woop! Tomorrow's my last day of the school week and it kicks mega a**.
I'm gonna cut my hair most likely tomorrow, not short, but a good few inches. In case I haven't explained, I have shoulder length hair than needs a trim.

50 dollar bills. Well, 50 dollar bills are great, but not at subway where they only accept up to 20s. Faggots.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:36 pm
xinglynxhour

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

For you metal-core freaks out there, there's a band I (But more of a friend) suggest(s). Parkway Drive is a great metal act and they have a distinct sound, which is rare. They have 3 albums and I have Deep Blue. It's not bad, it's their newest too. I like the song "Sleepwalker", it's got a tight riff.
The band, Enter Shikari, is gonna be having an interview with Rock The Walls at 9:30 tonight. They'd love it if you watched it if you're near a computer around then, but I don't really know how to get to it so consult their official website perhaps?
I noticed I have 2 songs that are The Cure covers in my iTunes library. One is by Dinosaur Jr. and they did the song, "Just Like Heaven", and they did it very... Differently... The chorus is much heavier than the original and has a big scream/chant at the beginnnig of each measure and it's odd. The other is slightly better and it's a cover by Toadies. They did, "A Forest" and it's obviously a bit grungier but it's a good cover. Go listen if you're Cure fans.
Wow, Queens Of The Stone Age re-released Rated R a while back and just made it red. Which was dumb... But now they're re-releasing The ir self titled but it's not green anymore, it's pink. Just the text and a tint on the guys shirt. But still. Why not use your magical druggy skills to slap a new cover together? I'm a heavy respector of album artists and it's great when albums have good/interesting at least.

Song of the Day - -

All The Kids Are Right - Local H
The song shows grunges stop-start rythyms in true action here. The Intro comes in strong while the first verse stay solely to guitar and vocals, it does grow though and get bigger. The ending of the song is probably my favorite however, it uses the songs main riff but has these incredibly long awaited entraces with the songs main little hook, it leads into a heavy part with all the works, drums, bass, guitar, yeah. But then it stops again and it repeats this with longer pauses in between each side. It's actually kind of funny. Damn Local H and their funny endings.

- - Fall Update

5 day weekend! i have all my plans mapped out, sort of... Tomorrow, me and Emmy are gonna have our eatin' veggie day and watchin' a cheesy movie. We'll perhaps watch The Princess Bride.
My plans for the actual WEEKEND are to go hang out with my buddies Nate (Acoustic guy) and Levi, (Metal Mane kid) We'll play us some kick a** strategy game. I hope they listen to my advice and start a new game, I have all these plans ready and I wanna start implementing the new rule book.
Thursday morning, at 9 to 2, (But I'll show up at 11ish) I have some tech work to do for the Play Much Ado About Nothing. Which for you derps, it's Shakespeare. You should know you're Shakespearean plays at some point.

Forgetting a paper in a book that you didn't bring to school. Stupid U.S. History class. Luckily, I had an extra day because the teacher forgot to collect them and said next class will be fine.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:03 pm
X--I--N--G - - L--Y--N--X - - H--O--U--R

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Well, it seems like goth finally had something happen again; Nine Inch Nails is going to re-release Pretty Hate Machine, but, I don't know if they're adding new tracks or how many or what. I just know they've got plans to re-issue it. I guess that's good news right? The only thing I know is that it's planned to be out on November 22nd.
Guess what's oddly disturbing? Paul Gray, the deceased bassist of Slipknot, is having issues with his grave being robbed by fans. Slipknot made a public announcement that people need to stop. A. That's not metal. B. ******** off fans! He's dead! Leave him what dignity he has!
Hey, if you're looking to get yourself or someone else a lil' somethin' somethin' for the holidays, it's gonna be a pleasure to hear that Alice In Chains is having a merch sale through December 31st. Most items are 15% off through their official store. So, go back to the 90s and buy an AiC shirt!
I didn't know until I saw some pictures, but, Chris Cornell grew his hair out again. Huh. When he has long hair he looks so less douchey. Too bad he re-enstates his doucheness even more because the only reason Soundgarden got back together was because his solo career blew publicly and he was feeling destroyed because he wasn't in the limelight. He's just an attention craving whore which by the way, in the 90s, that's mega lame.
If you're in the UK and you're a member of the Goo Goo Dolls official fan club, you're encouraged to send some questions to them for their Q&A session sometime this week about the recent release, Inner Machines. I have none, I think it's a pretty good album. Good work men, uhh... Guys. You're honestly about as much man as Vampire Weekend. But whatever.

Song of the Day - -

Mr. Moustache - Nirvana
It's one of those ignored Nirvana songs that ended up being really good. Which, it sure as ******** is good. The song's main riff is a strange sounding arpeggiation in a chromatic scale, but it gives the songs a winding sound that's really just... Fun, in a way. Sadly, I don't believe anywhere in the song it says, 'Mr. Moustache'. That's one downer. One thing that makes the song stand out from Nirvana's vocabulary is that it doesn't have a chorus focus on it like most of their writing, it's perhaps why it was ignored though. Well, that and it was on Bleach.

- - Fall Update

Goin' to my maned buddies house tomorrow. We're gonna put some acoustic stuff together and play the strategy game until who knows what hours of the night. Oh yeah, and he got Call Of Duty: Black Ops so I'll see how that is. It's soundin' pretty good so far.

I ate a taquito not too long ago without anything inside of it. ******** gay.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:04 pm
(X)ing (L)ynx (H)our

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Well, first thing after a long wait I'll tell you guys about is yet another Rush documentary. It's about Moving Pictures and 2112 mainly. It's about the inspiration, recording, and philosophy behind both of the Rush classics and you can get it today on Amazon.com or other websites like it.
R.E.M. has nearly finished their work on their new album, but this time, they're going for a twist. They aren't going to take the approach of Accelerate and go for a record with a blend of all tempos and styles. So this wont be as fast as an album as their last. The record will be titled, Collapse Into Now, and it's probably gonna be pretty sweet. I've never really cared if a song has a fast or a slow tempo but when there's variety it usually ends up being better. I expect this album to be a bit better than Accelerate honestly. But, we'll see.
If you've ever heard of Bad Religion, you know, the major punk band. Like, one of the biggest. Well, their frontman, Greg Graffin, wrote a book about government and anarchy. It's called, Anarchy Evolution. You gotta keep in mind that Greg Graffin double-majored in anthropology so he knows a little bit about what the ******** he's talking about. But at a book signing I'd still shout out, "Play "Infected!"" and I bet he'd be like, "... ******** you."
I thought this was hilarious; Billy Talent was touring in Winnipeg and they found this graffiti on a wall in a bathroom stall, from The Offspring. It read;
"Tell Billy Talent to stay the ******** out of America! Thanks! *The Offspring*
Here's a link though, it's funnier in the picture.

Song of the Day - -

What We Have We Steal - Toadies
It's a bit less known of a song than "Possum Kingdom" I know. But I personally like it more. It's got a much better quality recording and it's got itself packaged in a neat 3 minutish time frame instead of like 5 minutes of repeating the same wacky timing. The song has a decently fast tempo and uses a 2 part chours in which the first half is a build up and the second half is mostly instrumental with repetitive phrasing. It's a good song and I suggest it to pretty much everyone. It even has a gnor solo for the guitartards! (Guitartard = Guitar Hero fans)

- - Fall Update

Having some issues with my buddy, not mad at each other but... He's having some issues. Don't really wanna talk about it anymore.
On a lighter note, I'm casted as Balthazar in my school's performance, Much Ado About Nothing. I get to sing a couple of songs written by a semi-friend of mine. Pretty nifty.
Oh yeah, I apologize for not writing for almost a week. I've been hella ******** busy. I'll be writing most of this week to compensate.

I hate how everyone who likes grunge only seems to ever dig into the surface anymore. I got Mudhoney's music last night and you know how many times I here about "Touch Me I'm Sick"? I don't even think it's a good song. But when it comes to the good ones like, "Thirteenth Floor Opening" and "The Winners Circle" I can't find s**t. ******** people and liking (mega ironically) mainstream grunge. Nirvana's good and all but god damn! If you were listening to all the bands who influenced them you'd find one better for you I'm sure.
I ******** hate drugs. Just saying for everyone, you realize Marijuana is a depressant. It makes you happy but when you come back down it's lower than before. And your bodies new standard for happiness is raised. It's why druggies are depressed, anxious, and over-dramatic. It's because they think they can fix problems by putting weed in themselves, little do they seem to realize, that's why it keeps happening.

**BOOKS~POEMS~WRITINGS~CENTRAL**

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff