Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Mpreg Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mpreg
  :D
  D:
View Results

Radioactive Dinosaur

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:11 pm
There is nothing I loathe in fanfic more than mpreg. Especially if it's a surprise mpreg--meaning that the author just sort of throws it into the story without giving any proper warning to the readers beforehand.

I honestly just don't see the appeal of reading about pregancy period--let alone male pregancy--at all. It's not only non-interesting, but outright disgusting to me as well. Why are people even writing it? I mean, it's dumb enough to use pregancy as a plot device, but then going and doing something biologically impossible as well as repulsive like having men get pregant is even more mind-bogglingly stupid.

And I know people say "it's gross and unnatural" about homosexuality all the time, but the thing is, male pregnancy really is unnatural (unless you really want to write about seahorses. Which you probably don't.). Whether or not it's disgusting of course is a matter of personal opinion, but I'm sure far more people are squicked by it than by slash period.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:18 am
I don't mind it and I'm not freaked out by it or anything, I just don't like it. I'm too biologically-minded, and so I just think "Well, if they have the capability of bearing young, doesn't that technically make them... female? At most, they're a hermaphrodite." So I consider all mpreg fics to be, in fact, het fics.

And don't even try to bring up that seahorse stuff. The male seahorse impregnates the female, and then she lays her eggs in a specialized pouch the male has. The male does not get pregnant. He keeps the eggs safe, warm, and with him until they hatch.

Anyhow, each to his (or her) own. If you like it, go on liking it. I just don't understand the allure, is all I'm saying. It also reminds me too much of that one Ahhnold movie (you know the one).  

Eol the Dark Elf

Nellynae

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:39 am
It really all depends on who it... happens to in my case. Draco and Remus? Hoo yes. Anybody else? Not too keen on it....
I'm very specific when it comes to things I like....

At first, I thought it pretty odd, but I wasn't surprised when I first came across an mpreg story. It's not my favorite subject, but if it's written well I enjoy it....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:59 pm
It took me a little while to get used to the idea, but now I love mpreg. I think it is sweet and very cute to see how the guys will react. I have no problem reading a well written story that involves mpreg, but that is my opinion. blaugh

emeraldisles

Kamikaze Mitsukai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:31 pm
Yes, it did make me go "gah o_o". xD

I like it, mainly when it's revolving around the students. I'm not big on Snape pregnancy. However, I adore to see the reactions of Draco! <3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:10 pm
Matters on the author and the plot. If they can pull it off, fine. But most of the time HP authors are horrable at m-preg plots.

Snape would NEVER bear a child.

*cough* Sorry. Now Harry or Remus. They would be wonderful mothers. 3nodding

[Mistress of Mayhem]

trash tart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:23 pm
.:Let's get theese teen hearts beating:.

Hmm, I like mpreg with most pairings.
Especially HarryxDraco.
But really, It depends on the author.
I read a surprisingly good RonxSnape Mpreg fic awhile back.
I think the link to it is in the guild's fanworks...

.:Faster, faster:.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:43 pm
Radioactive Dinosaur
There is nothing I loathe in fanfic more than mpreg. Especially if it's a surprise mpreg--meaning that the author just sort of throws it into the story without giving any proper warning to the readers beforehand.

I honestly just don't see the appeal of reading about pregancy period--let alone male pregancy--at all. It's not only non-interesting, but outright disgusting to me as well. Why are people even writing it? I mean, it's dumb enough to use pregancy as a plot device, but then going and doing something biologically impossible as well as repulsive like having men get pregant is even more mind-bogglingly stupid.

And I know people say "it's gross and unnatural" about homosexuality all the time, but the thing is, male pregnancy really is unnatural (unless you really want to write about seahorses. Which you probably don't.). Whether or not it's disgusting of course is a matter of personal opinion, but I'm sure far more people are squicked by it than by slash period.

This basically summarizes my feelings on MPREG, and I couldn't write it better myself.

There has only been one MPREG that I have ever found even barely tolerable and it was taken down recently. It was actually a suprise MPREG. And that is my most loathed type of fanfic- the suprise MPREG. Anyway, this one was done in the format of a series of conversations (It was a Draco/Harry) that were all amazingly funny. Then out of the blue Draco was.. pregnant? and had a C-section...? I was like... 'ok, I'm giving up on this.' But then it suprised me by staying hysterical, starting with the babies first words calling Draco 'Mama,' and him getting all pissy about it. It was the only exception to the OMGNOMPREGGETITAWAY rule I have ever allowed.  

Prihe

JTequila

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:55 pm
Gah, to all the people who argue that it's "unnatural".

It's Harry Potter. Why the crap are you reading it? The following things in Harry Potter are unnatural:

Magic (well there goes the whole gosh darn book)
People coming back from the dead
Werewolves
Animagi
Tonks
House elves
Talking portraits that have personalities and can interact with people
Ghosts
People not dying when they're supposed to
Almost every character in the book lacking sexual drives
Vampires
Dementors
Screw it, I'll just say all the magical creatures
The dark mark
Owls randomly knowing how to track people down
Hogwarts herself

And many many more. But I can't be arsed.

So if you're too caught up about unnatural things, don't read Harry Potter stuff. Especially because it's FICTION.

Now, I don't mind people who don't like mpreg. I can understand that some people don't enjoy dealing with pregnant characters. But don't use "because it's not natural for men to be pregnant!" Because guess what?

It's not natural for people to wave wooden sticks around and have random crap happen! It's just NOT NATURAL. scream  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:45 pm
To the person above me:

No need to get crazy. I understand where you're going, and that magic itself is unnatural.

Lots of people consider slash/homosexuality in general disgusting. I was blessed with amazingly homophobic parents, so it took me a long time to get into slash. If I hadn't had some of the friends I have I might still go on thinking homosexuality is wrong.

Magic is somewhat in a different catergory to me since at the same time as thinking homosexuality was sick and wrong I also believed in fairies, Santa Clause, etc. And a fat man running around the world giving stuff to little kids is definitely less natural than gay people.

So can you really blame me or anyone that feels similar to me for not being quite able to go from liking people of the same sex as a couple to them getting pregnant?

And for the record, I've just realized I actually am an MPREG fan.

Coolest movie ever. Or at least it was at one time.  

Prihe

Kamikaze Mitsukai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:56 pm
Leather and Libraries

This is completely offtopic, but that is/was the coolest movie.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:03 pm
Kamikaze Mitsukai
Leather and Libraries

It's not off topic. It's perfectly on topic. It's MPREG, and it's cool. Therefore the on-topicness. XD

Its still nifty to find fans of that movie.  

Prihe

Kamikaze Mitsukai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:07 pm
Leather and Libraries
Kamikaze Mitsukai
Leather and Libraries

It's not off topic. It's perfectly on topic. It's MPREG, and it's cool. Therefore the on-topicness. XD

Its still nifty to find fans of that movie.

True, true. My family, minus the luffly sister, tends to get freaked out when I say "When was the last time I saw Junior?!"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:35 pm
Er, no. I mean, even if it was a GeorgexFred mpreg (which I would never read, and probably will never happen).  

Miss Rainbow Sunshine

~Shuichi~of~Bad~Luck~

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:46 pm
External Penetration
Do you like mpreg? My friend is completely freaked out by it but I like it. I'll admit it took me a while to warm up to it, it freaked me out at first too. Though now I love it.
Some of my other friends agree that mpreg is cute, and the others are...well they don't like it.

So, do you like or dislike mpreg?
Did it make you go "gah o_o" at first?
Anything else you can get from this.

I actually really enjoy mpreg, now. At first it made me cringe as well, but now I am really into it. In fact, I just finished a fanfic were Snape became pregnant... I think it's really cute! (Although... Snape already had a bad attitude so the mood swings scared me)
My friends all think it's strange, too, but a few of them also enjoy it. I even draw pictures when I get bored. I like it most because in mpreg their is always tons of cuddling... Which I like. Sure, it's a little unnatural, but there have been worse things. I wish I could go into this more, but I have to leave! Sorry...  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff