Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Where Fat Cells Come to Die (30 lb loss) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much do YOU want to lose?
  < 10 pounds
  10-20 pounds
  20-30 pounds
  30-40 pounds
  40-50 pounds
  50-60 pounds
  60-70 pounds (like me!)
  70-80 pounds
  > 80 pounds
View Results

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:21 pm
@Munkers: They have buttons, but I've been wearing the same type of pants for years and years without problems. There is a distinct correlation between the onset of irritation and being at my heaviest weight. It's still possible there exists a recent allergy of some sort, but it's too early to tell for sure. All in all, it's good motivation to keep losing weight so the pants don't pinch again! Also, it's clearing up, thank goodness.

Weight: 192.6 lbs
LOSS: -0.6 lbs

Exercise: 45 min. Curves workout

Lunch: 1 slice cheese pizza, salad w/ranch, cherry coke

Dinner: chicken w/pineapple, veggies and sesame dressing, water

Snack: diet green tea

New weight loss. Finally.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:35 pm
I'm glad it's clearing up. I have metal allergies myself and it just kind of sucks. Hopefully the problem doesn't come back.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:48 pm
@Munkers: Thanks! Sorry to hear about your allergies - hopefully it's not a metal commonly used in most clothing? This problem shouldn't come back as long as the weight doesn't come back.

Weight: 192.2 lbs
LOSS: -0.4 lbs

Exercise: 30 min. Curves workout, 30 min. on treadmill

Lunch: 6 inch turkey sub w/bacon, cheese, veggies and chipotle, bbq chips, light lemonade

Dinner: chicken and pasta w/marinara, parmesan, veggies and olive oil, lowfat ice cream bar, water

Snack: lots of diet green tea  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:25 pm
Thankfully, my issues don't tend to surface unless it's with my jewelry. I have to stick to stainless steel, gold, or plastic for my earring posts. Luckily, I can still wear other stuff if I put a post protector on it. Not being able to wear silver on my hands is kind of a bummer since all the handmade stuff that you see at shows and festivals is always silver.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:53 pm
@Munkers: That sucks about the silver allergy sad . At least it doesn't show up in regular clothing though the items at festivals do look like fun.

Yesterday
Weight: 192.8 lbs
GAIN: +0.6 lbs

Today
NO LOSS/GAIN

Exercise: 30 min. on treadmill

Lunch: ham+pineapple pizza, salad w/lite italian, coke

Dinner: veggies, pear slices, skim milk, WW fudge brownie ice cream cup

Last night my family went out to dinner to an Indian restaurant, and I'm not sure how many points I spent. Likely it involved some flex points but not too many since my weight didn't change. However, today I wasn't that hungry so I didn't eat all my points. My parents also were watching one of those cooking shows where they used too much butter and fat, which looked disgusting so I ate less than usual.
Lately I've been unpacking stuff from college, which should have been finished before June. Other than that, not much has been going on. I haven't been able to track down any local friends. My musical equipment for now is disassembled, though I still practice my "analog" instruments (piano, flute, violin, theremin). It would be awesome to connect everything and get a real music project running, now that I know how everything works, but there's simply not enough time. Less than two weeks at home, four weeks at an internship, one week at home, then moving across the country doesn't allow for many time-consuming hobbies. It's mostly packing and unpacking, which is getting very tedious and stressful.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:24 pm
NO LOSS/GAIN

Exercise: none

Lunch: 2 small slices pizza, diet green tea

Dinner: chicken and pasta w/marinara, parmesan and olive oil, veggies, water

Snack: regular fudge brownie cream ice from Rita's  

Euthanasia Phase

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:58 am
All of that relocating has got to be taking a toll on you. ): I hope you're doing well.
I'm really impressed that you've been sticking to your points, is weight watchers easy? I have seen how to calculate how many points I need and how many points different things have but I've never actually tried following the program.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:55 pm
@Stars: Thank you xd . I'm doing fine, the relocating should be over with by August so a few months shouldn't be that big a deal. I'm just kind of impatient, that's all.
Weight Watchers can either be very easy or difficult, depending on what foods/nutrition information you have access to. If you're in a college setting, sometimes it can be impossible to gauge how many calories you're eating, which makes the program tricky. However, if you have access to a grocery store it's not bad at all. As far as sticking to the program goes, most participants (and I've found this to be true) feel really hungry the first few weeks, but gradually get used to their points values. So the first few weeks are indeed difficult, but after awhile everything settles into place.

Weight: 191.8 lbs
LOSS: -1.0 lbs

Exercise: 30 min. Curves workout

Lunch: 6 inch turkey sub w/bacon, cheese, veggies and chipotle, bbq chips, coke, light lemonade

Dinner: chicken in tortilla w/salsa, veggies, enchilada sauce

Euthanasia Phase

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:47 pm
Weight: 190.6 lbs
LOSS: -1.2 lbs

Exercise: 30 min. Curves workout, 30 min. on treadmill

Lunch: 1 slice cheese pizza w/parmesan, salad w/ranch, water

Dinner: chicken w/enchilada sauce, mashed potatoes, apple slices, veggies, water

The scale this morning went to 189.8 lbs for a split second, then went back up to 190.6. It's getting close though!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Weight: 189.8 lbs
LOSS: -0.8 lbs

Lunch: chicken and cheese wrap w/salsa and enchilada sauce, cranberry lemonade honestade

Dinner: bruschetta w/olive oil, garlic, cheese and herbs, marinara, veggies, applesauce, water

Snack: lowfat ice cream bar, orange mango honestade

So I've hit the 180s now - I haven't seen the tens digit be an "8" since over a year ago, so this is pretty exciting. As is the custom every 10 pounds, here are some 190 lb pics:

User Image

User Image

I don't see any visible progress, and the last pic was at 205 lbs, not 200. So even a 15 lb loss isn't noticeable at this height - which is ok since everything is on track and I'll reach my goal at some point. Maybe pics every 20 lbs would be more realistic. The difference between 190 and 170 might be more noticeable than between 210 and 190, for example.

Also time for the 5-lb loss measurements:
38-33.5-45  

Euthanasia Phase

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:18 pm
Looking good! I'm kind of jealous of your waist. I don't feel like I have much of one anymore now that my hips are smaller. >_<  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:14 pm
@Munkers: Thank you! I wouldn't mind waaay smaller hips; I'd trade my waist to decrease my pants size haha.

Weight: 189.6 lbs
LOSS: -0.2 lbs

Lunch: 6 inch turkey sub w/cheese, bacon, veggies and chipotle, bbq chips, light lemonade

Dinner: bruschetta w/marinara, veggies, water

Euthanasia Phase

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:35 pm
You're looking great!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:12 am
Very nice curves! It sounds like the weight watchers is treating you really well, you're having great success!  

Tandahda
Crew

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas