Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
What have you been listening to? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devourcity
Crew

Shameless Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:26 pm
Darkly_Doomed
Animekitty13

To each their own. Personally, I'm sticking to instrumentals > lyrics after my Dir En Grey incident c':

Right Now: 'Monster High Fright Song'

[<3]

It's a delicate balance for me.
Care to elaborate?
Jesus, nobody really posts anymore. This is getting really bad.

:c Dir En Grey has a song on their album GAUZE about abortion - through the fetus' point-of-view. I didn't really like the song in the first place, and after learning that I've never listened to it ever again. But I enjoy the album, still.

*Shrug* People have school and other interests outside of Gaia. We have to remember and be respectful of that :] Plus the school year's started up, so computers are more research > leisure.

Right Now: 'Mitsu no Tsuba / Tsumi to Batsu' by Dir En Grey

[<3]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:13 pm
Animekitty13
Darkly_Doomed
Animekitty13

To each their own. Personally, I'm sticking to instrumentals > lyrics after my Dir En Grey incident c':

Right Now: 'Monster High Fright Song'

[<3]

It's a delicate balance for me.
Care to elaborate?
Jesus, nobody really posts anymore. This is getting really bad.

:c Dir En Grey has a song on their album GAUZE about abortion - through the fetus' point-of-view. I didn't really like the song in the first place, and after learning that I've never listened to it ever again. But I enjoy the album, still.

*Shrug* People have school and other interests outside of Gaia. We have to remember and be respectful of that :] Plus the school year's started up, so computers are more research > leisure.

Right Now: 'Mitsu no Tsuba / Tsumi to Batsu' by Dir En Grey

[<3]

Urgh, that's the type of thing that I have trouble standing.
I know, but still, you'd think they could spare maybe one post? I've had band practices/football games/competitions and a lot of school work and have still been able to spare a post or two.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Devourcity
Crew

Shameless Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:10 am
Darkly_Doomed

I know, but still, you'd think they could spare maybe one post? I've had band practices/football games/competitions and a lot of school work and have still been able to spare a post or two.

It all depends on peoples' lifestyles. One point they'll be online 24/7 and then they'll go on a hiatus for months. But if the guild, or Gaia itself, can offer better services and incentives for people to come back and stay longer, then we'll see more people. We just have to be sure that real life doesn't start swallowing people whole.

The only reason I'm on so much now is because I wanted to give Gaia another chance x: Really, I shouldn't be on here, but I get bored online easily now |D" Also, I'm a compy-junkie & a University student. So I'm online at any moment.

Right Now: 'Girl' by Boom Boom Satellites

[<3]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:35 am
Animekitty13
Darkly_Doomed

It all depends on peoples' lifestyles. One point they'll be online 24/7 and then they'll go on a hiatus for months. But if the guild, or Gaia itself, can offer better services and incentives for people to come back and stay longer, then we'll see more people. We just have to be sure that real life doesn't start swallowing people whole.

The only reason I'm on so much now is because I wanted to give Gaia another chance x: Really, I shouldn't be on here, but I get bored online easily now |D" Also, I'm a compy-junkie & a University student. So I'm online at any moment.

[<3]

That's why I made a crack pairing fanart/fanfic contest. But I'm pretty sure no one has entered yet.
It seems like real life has swallowed most people whole. (Oh, I'm gonna join your roleplay, I just have to actually draw my character. She's pretty cool, sort of.)  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Devourcity
Crew

Shameless Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:12 am
Darkly_Doomed
Animekitty13
Darkly_Doomed

[<3]

That's why I made a crack pairing fanart/fanfic contest. But I'm pretty sure no one has entered yet.
It seems like real life has swallowed most people whole. (Oh, I'm gonna join your roleplay, I just have to actually draw my character. She's pretty cool, sort of.)

I saw, and I was thinking of joining :] But I still have to finish writing my own fic |D"

Great! :3 I know that Sauce-Kay is going to try to join and invite some people. So hopefully it'll be live... by October? XD I rushed my character profile so I could put up early in case people were wondering about parts of it ^^"

Right now: 'Baka Bakka Rock 'n Roll' by milktub

[<3]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:34 pm
Animekitty13
Darkly_Doomed
Animekitty13
Darkly_Doomed

[<3]

I saw, and I was thinking of joining :] But I still have to finish writing my own fic |D"

Great! :3 I know that Sauce-Kay is going to try to join and invite some people. So hopefully it'll be live... by October? XD I rushed my character profile so I could put up early in case people were wondering about parts of it ^^"

Right now: 'Baka Bakka Rock 'n Roll' by milktub

[<3]

Are you talking about your Gourd X Haseo fanfic? If so, then that's a crack pairing and you can enter it unless you were the one who put it in the thread.
Yeah, I've got my character pretty well figured out. If I can get to the scanner and finish some pics, then I could get the characters up soon (but you'd have to be willing to accept a doodle in notebook paper that would or would not be colored >>" )  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:07 pm
Listening to a lot of Brand New again. IT'S PRETTY MUCH THE BEST BAND EVER.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:42 am
Grieverr
Listening to a lot of Brand New again. IT'S PRETTY MUCH THE BEST BAND EVER.

Maybe I should try listening to them someday.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:09 am
Been listening to Maroon 5 once again. Misery = best song so far!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:29 pm
Been listening to Blackout by Linkin Park best hard rock song made in 2010 -w-  

HaseoXform

Lonely Player

11,325 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Devourcity
Crew

Shameless Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:26 am
Darkly_Doomed

Are you talking about your Gourd X Haseo fanfic? If so, then that's a crack pairing and you can enter it unless you were the one who put it in the thread.
Yeah, I've got my character pretty well figured out. If I can get to the scanner and finish some pics, then I could get the characters up soon (but you'd have to be willing to accept a doodle in notebook paper that would or would not be colored >>" )

I'm pretty sure that I'm the one that put that there. If threads came with a search function, I could double check .3.
*shrug* Notebook paper is better than... a paper towel or something.

Right now: Zombie Snakes (********) in my House by JD_Househead

[<3]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:05 pm
Oh maaaan

First THANK YOU FOR THE LINK TO MITTERNACHT ahhh I love E Nomine! ;3;

Re: the guild being dead-

Ahaha, yea, no ways about it, there's not much activity. There's a variety of reasons, though most can be chalked up to either outside activities (i.e: SCHOOL) and just plain lack of interest. Man, I'm not gonna lie, Net Slum is pretty much the only reason I come to this website anymore. Which is amazing because .hack// isn't even my main fandom anymore wh-whoops. So I'm not gonna lie, days go by before I go "GEE I WONDER WHAT NET SLUM IS DOING."

Re: SURPRISE LYRIC MEANINGS-

I HATE THAT SOMETIMES. Like... there's this song called Hurra, and the chorus translates to something along the lines of "Hip hip hurra! Everything is super, everything is wonderful! Hip hip hurra! Everything is better than it was before!" It's... uncharacteristicly sugar-happy for the band in question, so I looked it up. =7= Apparently, it's meant sarcastically to point out the world (or... Germany...) wasn't magically a better place just because of reunification. This is... much more apparent in the music video, though. I still love the song, though, but it threw me off!

... Actually, now that I think about it, a lot of their songs are like that. Like Warrumska is about how a guy doesn't understand why his girlfriend left him even though the relationship is revealed to be abusive. ... Ahhh I love Die Ärzte and could talk about them forever.

A-and if anyone wants translations, I could take a crack at it!

And sometimes I like not knowing how absolutely cheesy the lyrics to songs are. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, Я НЕ ВЕРЮ В ЧУДЕСА.

Re: Linkin Park-

.... They're still around?! Holy crap middle school is back to haunt me. I mean, I should've been vaguely aware of this because I know they did songs for the Transformers movies, but still... /might just be tempted to check this out

AND FINALLY BACK ON TOPIC.
What I've been listening to... uhh...
•Let's go with Castle Made of Snow. Because I can't post in this topic without talking about my fangirly crush. Ahahaaaa.
Besos. If you feel the need to judge me, go ahead.
Livin' on a Prayer... mostly because my friend and I watched the worst movie ever featuring Bon Jovi as a vampire hunter, and I will never be able to take this man seriously ever again.

Wow this was long for me. I apologize, my dear Net Slum.  

fk12

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:22 am
Animekitty13
Darkly_Doomed

I'm pretty sure that I'm the one that put that there. If threads came with a search function, I could double check .3.
*shrug* Notebook paper is better than... a paper towel or something.

Right now: Zombie Snakes (********) in my House by JD_Househead

[<3]

The search function would be really cool but we all know it's not happening.
Paper towels are difficult to draw on.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:25 am
fk12
Oh maaaan

First THANK YOU FOR THE LINK TO MITTERNACHT ahhh I love E Nomine! ;3;

Re: the guild being dead-

Ahaha, yea, no ways about it, there's not much activity. There's a variety of reasons, though most can be chalked up to either outside activities (i.e: SCHOOL) and just plain lack of interest. Man, I'm not gonna lie, Net Slum is pretty much the only reason I come to this website anymore. Which is amazing because .hack// isn't even my main fandom anymore wh-whoops. So I'm not gonna lie, days go by before I go "GEE I WONDER WHAT NET SLUM IS DOING."

Re: SURPRISE LYRIC MEANINGS-

I HATE THAT SOMETIMES. Like... there's this song called Hurra, and the chorus translates to something along the lines of "Hip hip hurra! Everything is super, everything is wonderful! Hip hip hurra! Everything is better than it was before!" It's... uncharacteristicly sugar-happy for the band in question, so I looked it up. =7= Apparently, it's meant sarcastically to point out the world (or... Germany...) wasn't magically a better place just because of reunification. This is... much more apparent in the music video, though. I still love the song, though, but it threw me off!

... Actually, now that I think about it, a lot of their songs are like that. Like Warrumska is about how a guy doesn't understand why his girlfriend left him even though the relationship is revealed to be abusive. ... Ahhh I love Die Ärzte and could talk about them forever.

A-and if anyone wants translations, I could take a crack at it!

And sometimes I like not knowing how absolutely cheesy the lyrics to songs are. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, Я НЕ ВЕРЮ В ЧУДЕСА.

Re: Linkin Park-

.... They're still around?! Holy crap middle school is back to haunt me. I mean, I should've been vaguely aware of this because I know they did songs for the Transformers movies, but still... /might just be tempted to check this out

AND FINALLY BACK ON TOPIC.
What I've been listening to... uhh...
•Let's go with Castle Made of Snow. Because I can't post in this topic without talking about my fangirly crush. Ahahaaaa.
Besos. If you feel the need to judge me, go ahead.
Livin' on a Prayer... mostly because my friend and I watched the worst movie ever featuring Bon Jovi as a vampire hunter, and I will never be able to take this man seriously ever again.

Wow this was long for me. I apologize, my dear Net Slum.

You're quite welcome.
It's all cool. I've heard Die Artze before. We watched a few of their music videos in German Class.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

fk12

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:03 pm
*A* Ahh, that's so cool! I only found out about them through my friend showing me one of Farin Urlaub's solo songs back during sophomore year. We just listened to stuff like Rammstein and Die Toten Hosen in class. May I also add that "The Dead Pants" is my favorite name for a band besides BUMP OF CHICKEN ever? ... Even though it's better translation is a bit different BUT LITERAL IS FUNNY

And in honor of the fact I just beat Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, I can't stop listening to the theme song again... I am still determined to learn how to play this.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff