Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
.•°The Forest of the Divine°•. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ciel fei soleil

Friendly Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:38 pm
You did? Ahehe sorry 'bout all the changing ...

1 mil ... so limited D:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:00 pm
That's plenty for prizes!

Lady E can't attend the ball due to IRL stuffs, so you're officially Artemis, and I'm going to go ahead and scrap the character of Bellona/Enyo.

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

ciel fei soleil

Friendly Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:23 pm
true but with the way prices are jumping :l
Ah no way, that must really suck. It would've been really cool to have her here.

Alright but we are keeping everyone else, yes?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:53 pm
Do you know why everything's jumping like this? I'm really frustrated because the OMG was like 14mil. just afew month ago, and a lot of other items have just jumped up a lot too, and they're continuing to jump.

And yes, we're keeping everyone else.

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

ciel fei soleil

Friendly Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:36 pm
No not really but I've noticed that the Gaia Currency and Marketplace system kinda reflect off of America's well Gaia is in San Jose anyway cx

Shall I come up with a list of foresty items for prizes?
Im thinking of little changes for my Artemis avatar not big... very minor c:  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:01 pm
A foresty item list would be excellent. I'll try to add to it soon, I've just been busy lately. Went to a free Flobots/Air Dubai concert yesterday and have been exploring their music since, and this weekend I have a semi-important swim meet, and I'm trying to do way too much in real life, but I'll still be able to do the ball, just the space between now and the ball is somewhat hectic for me.

Err...what sort of changes?
If possible, could we maybe wait till we get the art that's already been ordered? Cause if your real avi and the art don't match up really well, it'll look kinda odd....

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

ciel fei soleil

Friendly Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:59 pm
Alright. c: Ahh I've been abducted into Gakupo/Gackt Camui music world. lD

Well it still all depends on how the prices are and I still might not add it in the end ... it's not important tell the truth. Don't worry I'm pretty sure it's staying the way it is .... 99.9/100 the same. And Yes, yes it would.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:58 pm
Mmmkay. ^__^  

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

ciel fei soleil

Friendly Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:04 pm
Forest Like Prizes:
Gift of the Colibri [sp?] (It's more like Jungle though huh?)
Nara (Deer)
Spring Nymph
------------
Actaeon's Blessing
Oisin's Blessing
Chuchip's Blessing
and
Cerynitian's Blessing
are kind of like Forest too right?

This a rough draft since I'm going to a Birthday Party this afternoon if you find any other forest things add them. c:

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:06 pm
Elemental Hair
Gift of the Goddess
Gift of the Gods
Nara
Spring Nymph
Unicorn
Squirrel Cosplay
Pride of Hera

The people who win the avatar contest will each receive an Elemental Hair. Honorable mention will receive a Unicorn. (+400k)

Winner of the writing contest will receive a Gift of the Goddess, runner up will receive a Gift of the Gods. (+130k)

Winner of the scavenger hunt will receive a Squirrel Cosplay. The hunt will have 5 clues total, the first clue will be posted on the front page, 4 others will be hidden somewhere in other rooms or in affie threads (not necessarily on the front page). The final stop, an art of Quirinus, will be hidden in my quest thread. To win, users must post each clue in the thread and the art.(+30k)

Each winner of the Archery contest will receive 10k. People will generate a random number between 1 and 300. Winning numbers are: 26, 84, 101, 176, 212, 251, 293. (After a number has been generated, no one else can generate it, this allows no more than 7 winners). (+70k)

Each page contest winner will receive a Nara. These will be spaced every 25 pages for the first 4, and every 50 pages thereafter. I'm assuming we'll probably hit around 300 pages maximum. So that's 8 Nara's max. probably. (+90k)

The art contest winner will receive a Spring Nymph. Runner up will receive a Pride of Hera. (+150k)

This allows an 870k budget. We'll be getting 800k-850k from the overall fund, and what ever is left out of that I can cover, as I'll be receiving 100k for bumping the most in one of the fundraiser threads.
Does this all sound good and reasonable to you?  

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:21 pm
BTW I just updated the front page contest post, so if you check there I put all the prize info and definite contests. Let me know what you think!  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:54 pm
ωнιspєяƨ
{ ι нєαя yøυя » vøιcєƨ « }
x.x.x.xx.x.x. ℓøƨτ ιηƨιdє yøυ...

Luna:
This is my re-type of the plot, just like word changes and things like that.

Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt, and Prince Chiron of the Centaurs are holding a tournament where all can join within the depths of the forest. The grand prize for the winner of the tournament is _....we could do Chuchip's blessing it's the cheapest blessing and would be the best prize..._. In attendance of the party-goers, is another lesser God named Quirinus. He is known throughout the entire land to have archery skills that match Artmis', and the only one that holds her heart in his hands. Whilst enjoying the tournament they come to the event where Artemis is competing with Quirinus. Suddenly dark, gloomy clouds engluf the entire of the forest which in turn causes commotion and chaos. Once the forest is clear again everyone in attendence is here except for Quirinus along with the grand prize. (This happens when Eris comes.) During this time everyone there suspects Artemis being jealous of Quirinus, only they do not know that she cares for him. (Later we find out Quirinus is really working for Eris and causing all this ruckus.)Prince Chiron decides that they must create a search party and find the missing guest eventually finding clues that lead to the mystery behind Quirinus' disappearence. The party-goers figure out the mystery and Artemis is cleared of her name, unfortunately leaving her with her distrust of men. After Quirinus is found he is tried for his crimes, during then Callisto will feel an uneasy guilt start inside of her and decides to admit her secret to Artemis. Artemis filled with fury turns Callisto into a bear and returns to the tournament to try to continue celebrating for the remainder of the ball.

Also do you think we should have a back-up fund just in case? Not a lot just like 1OO//2OOk? Incase the prices decide to jump ... again. :l

.....ι'м ηøt ƒяєєιηg yøυ x.x.x.

ciel fei soleil

Friendly Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:05 pm
I edited the plot on the front and included a few of your changes. heart

Also...even though the Churchips blessing would be a cool prize, it's way to expensive for our budget.
With the budget I set up above, I was trying to spread the wealth as much as possible, but I did give more to the art contest because traditionally you have to offer more to artists to even get any art ( I'm thinking for that now that we'll offer 5k to anyone who enters), and I have a lot offered for the avatar contest because that's a huge point of the ball since our winners will be submitted to maybe be the Mr. & Mrs. 8th Annual Ball, which is huge of course, and I offered a lot more for the writing contest because that is kind of the same as the art contest, in that it takes time to work on entries and whatnot.
Plus since the tournament is basically a random number generator contest, I feel like it's a little crazy to give out that much for doing so little, and then we can only have one winner, and that would be all of our funds.

As for an extra fund, I have about 200k on my mule. If it's OK with you I'd like to put ball funds on that mule since I don't want to put it on my account because I'll lose track of what's my gold and what is ball gold, and I'd suspect you'll have the same problem, but on my mule all I'll have is ball gold and prizes. I thought maybe we could share the Quirinus mule, but then I realizes that Quirinus is supposed to have disappeared/is banished when some of the larger prizes are sent out, so it would be somewhat odd for him to be sending prizes out...

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:50 pm
c:

Well, right now I have 201k that I'm not using and I might get some more gold from another little place and will have about 400k. I could buy it. I see what you mean though.

Yes, maybe a forest nymph mule? I could make that as well as the Callisto mule. It would be really odd indeed xD  

ciel fei soleil

Friendly Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:46 pm
If you want to buy it with your own gold that's fine, but the Churchip's Blessing is like 1.2mil., so we really can't do thatfor a prize with the gold from the ball...

A forest nymph mule for funds sounds good, especially if we can both have access to it if that's ok with you (I know some people hate sharing accounts, and I don't blame them), but I'm going to go ahead and use my mule for Callisto if that's alright. And we'll still need someone to play Quirinus, or we'll need another mule...
And you know the 2 accounts 2browsers trick right?

Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff