Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
The Celebration (STILL LOOKING FOR STAFF!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trivia: who is the mother of Dionysus in most versions of the myth?
  Aphrodite
  Semele
  Demeter
  Khrysothemis
View Results

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Enjoy the randomness...

Dustin's right, It wasn't my idea to do a tektek contest as every room has to do one. Oh and you could make a rule were people couldn't dress up like one of the Greek gods who are attending the party. There are far more celebs in the greek myths then just the gods, and more gods then we'll have at the party.

...That is me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:14 am
Poyudi Hytori
Enjoy the randomness...

Dustin's right, It wasn't my idea to do a tektek contest as every room has to do one. Oh and you could make a rule were people couldn't dress up like one of the Greek gods who are attending the party. There are far more celebs in the greek myths then just the gods, and more gods then we'll have at the party.

...That is me.

I don't see how others dressing as greek gods would hurt?  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:54 am
Yep, I got the second host position here. So excited to work with you this year.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:58 pm
Congrats Epcot!

I think we should do the seasons. I think it will build a strong theme and be memorable for the ball-goers. c: Woo-hoo! We've got PROGRESS! LOL!

We are now less than one week from my wedding, so I am going to officially lay all responsibility for the next three weeks on Epcot Illuminations. Sorry to do this to you buddy, but I know you're more than capable. I will try to be in and out, though, through this week and during my honeymoon. And I will be thinking about our room throughout. It's too fun not to think of!

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:41 am
GreenInkling
Congrats Epcot!

I think we should do the seasons. I think it will build a strong theme and be memorable for the ball-goers. c: Woo-hoo! We've got PROGRESS! LOL!

We are now less than one week from my wedding, so I am going to officially lay all responsibility for the next three weeks on Epcot Illuminations. Sorry to do this to you buddy, but I know you're more than capable. I will try to be in and out, though, through this week and during my honeymoon. And I will be thinking about our room throughout. It's too fun not to think of!

Okay, oh and congrats with the wedding.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:52 pm
I was thinking that it'd be cool if we held a little after-party.
Like maybe, a gods pajama party?

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:05 pm
paulaterra

I think at the moment we need to focus on the ball before we work on the stuff for after (We will have a continuation guild for the room after the ball. Me and Greeninkling decided on that already.)

A pajama party sounds cool though, but it won't be able to be part of the event.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:08 pm
I liked especially what the castle room did last year and had a guild specifically for plot development news and contests in, so the room was cleaner. We could do something like that for during the ball.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:03 pm
I think we will do the thing stated in the post above.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:10 pm
I think our room should have a fully interactive plot, as I found that though it might mean less people, the people there really enjoy it. I think I might of found a good artist but I will have to ask her before anything to do the thread design.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:14 pm
Though, I think to keep atleast our room on the path that the ball was supposed to be intentioned for from day 1 of the first annual ball, we should commission a artist who hasn't done the ball before. So we can get more people recognized for their talents.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:41 am
Please welcome our newest staff member who'se position is role-player. The person is little mintchan.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:17 pm
Okay, I will atleast keep this room as the original ball hosts wanted the rooms to be like. So our contests will need to stay simple. We will have an interactive plot. We will listen to all ideas. We will keep things prioritized, we will help each other out.

We succeed together or fall together, there is no in between.

Is that fine with you greeninkling?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:43 pm
paulaterra

That can be for all of us to hang out afterwards, relax, and talk about our favorite parts of the ball.

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:47 pm
Epcot Illuminations
Okay, I will atleast keep this room as the original ball hosts wanted the rooms to be like. So our contests will need to stay simple. We will have an interactive plot. We will listen to all ideas. We will keep things prioritized, we will help each other out.

We succeed together or fall together, there is no in between.

Is that fine with you greeninkling?

I think that sounds just fine. c:

One, two, three, teamwork!!!

But seriously, interactive plot is VERY important. The whole idea is to get the guests to role-play. That was what Gaia was founded for originally, after all. The NPCs should be there to guide the plot and interact with the other role-players, not dominate the role-play. So thanks for pointing that out, Epcot.

So let's make a list of our priorities, shall we? Just to make sure that we're all on the same page.

And I like your idea about commissioning different artists. Can you PM me with the name/shop of the artist you had in mind? :3

Thank you!

Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces