a family memeber
33%
 33%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 45

Five Iron Frenzied

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:21 pm
heart FIF! heart  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:32 pm
Reel Big Fish was the first for me- with a AMV with FLCL for Take On Me. MY boyfriend at the time got me hooked. Then came Catch 22 and Mighty Mighty Bosstones; then Streetlight and everything else I now listen to.  

AutumnNoir

xStargirlx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:48 am
my first favorite ska band was catch 22. now i have many favorites. a friend got me into catch 22 and i went from there. i love ska so much. it's one of my favorite genres. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:12 pm
well, it was actually a video tape, that my dad had taped off the t.v a long time ago. only half an hour, but it was awesome. music vids by the specials,english best, madness, and others, plus interviews. heart  

Lux-Interior

Jarl Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:08 am
aleoop123
The first band I ever liked was less than jake as well. I found losing streak in a box of cds my brother left when he moved away. After that I began to like other ska bands, especially the mad caddies. I still like both of those bands today, despite all this bullshit people are saying about less than jake selling out.

Less Than Jakes "Losing Streak" was what really got me into ska too. Although I do hate anthem mad  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:22 pm
The first time I heard Ska was when I was like 7. My uncle came to pick me up and he had the Aquabats in the cars CD player. Then a few weeks later he was listening to Less than Jake. They were both awsome.  

SilentPalpatine

Noriko_Mimura

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:57 pm
Five Iron Frenzy @_@

My friend introduced me to "Oh, Canada". Then my brother introduced me to Reel Big Fish. Then we realized FIF is a religious band. Then my brother's girlfriend introduced me to The Aquabats! along with a slew of other ska bands + turnuptheska.com  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:53 am
5ubliminalM355ag35
let's see....The first time I've ever heard any ska song was while playing the very first Tony Hawk game. It had the song "Superman" by Goldfinger. I was just hooked on that song. The style just blew me away. I got the cd and found out it was ska. It's been history ever since.

Oh yeah!!
I totally forgot it was on that game.
I remember hearing that song and I was like.. wow.. sounds familiar.

confused

I guess that was a first.
another first was that cover song save ferris sang..
forgot the name.. "Eileen"??

I dunno.. my brother listened to that song a lot.

but other than that..
I fell in love with the Aquabats.
'Cause they are super rad.

Har. xd

[insert name here ____ ]

[insert name here ____ ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:15 am
SilentPalpatine
The first time I heard Ska was when I was like 7. My uncle came to pick me up and he had the Aquabats in the cars CD player. Then a few weeks later he was listening to Less than Jake. They were both awsome.

Your uncle is awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:08 pm
i think MMBT was the first band i ever heard (and that was before i even knew what ska was) but my first favorite band was reel big fish.

i remember, cuz the first ska cd i ever bought was "everything sucks" and i was so pissed cuz it didnt even have that song on it...lol...  

koolbeanzkt

NoFingersMcKenzi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:26 pm
SilentPalpatine
same here except replace Goildfinger with Suicide Machines and Superman with New Girl  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:24 pm
My first favourite ska band was RBF. Their songs Beer, Everything Sucks, and Nothin' are responsible for getting me into ska. Turn Off the Radio was the first cd I ever bought too actually 3nodding  

McHuggies

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:43 pm
[insert name here ____ ], "come on Eileen" is the name you're looking for.

Noriko_Mimura, turnuptheska.com > everything domokun  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:29 pm
I liked Reel Big Fish. And the Aquabats. Insyderz got me in!  

Maximillian Riese

Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces