Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Fluffy Before and After Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:26 am
Bastemhet
erinnightwalker
Well, when she was younger she had a necklace possessed by an entity that called itself Anubis that she used to put in a duffel bag when she changed. She and the now-ex-friend would channel it back and forth. Apparently my shielding is too good because I never felt a single twinge from said entity. Which is part of the reason I'm iffy about her current belief, not to mention her love of all things death related. And there's something about the way she talks about this relationship that makes my neck hairs raise.

Probably a Thoughtform, or just a wildly active imagination. I'm not surprised. You would have to first perform specific rituals to make the statue a suitable vessel for deity.

Could have also been a Non-Divine genus entity of some sort that fooled her for unknown reasons. Or alternately didn't try to do anything and her own need for importance assigned the name to it.

It's theoretically possible to get some really weird realignments with certain Essences and objects. Conceptual Essences especially can attach to or follow around objects very easily based on their associated concepts and resonance. If it happens to be a very sentient Essence or a dangerous or parasitic one, things like the above can happen very easily.

Usually with bad consequences.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:32 am
Recursive Paradox
Bastemhet
erinnightwalker
Well, when she was younger she had a necklace possessed by an entity that called itself Anubis that she used to put in a duffel bag when she changed. She and the now-ex-friend would channel it back and forth. Apparently my shielding is too good because I never felt a single twinge from said entity. Which is part of the reason I'm iffy about her current belief, not to mention her love of all things death related. And there's something about the way she talks about this relationship that makes my neck hairs raise.

Probably a Thoughtform, or just a wildly active imagination. I'm not surprised. You would have to first perform specific rituals to make the statue a suitable vessel for deity.

Could have also been a Non-Divine genus entity of some sort that fooled her for unknown reasons. Or alternately didn't try to do anything and her own need for importance assigned the name to it.

It's theoretically possible to get some really weird realignments with certain Essences and objects. Conceptual Essences especially can attach to or follow around objects very easily based on their associated concepts and resonance. If it happens to be a very sentient Essence or a dangerous or parasitic one, things like the above can happen very easily.

Usually with bad consequences.

Oh! That's also a possibility, I didn't even think of that. I'm not denying there are other ways that entities may attach to objects, but since she claimed it was Anubis, I just wanted to point out that that would have been impossible from a Kemetic standpoint.  

Bastemhet

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:34 am
Just my two cents here: Sometimes, y'alls stuff can sound so scary *cowers in corner with flashlight*  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:36 am
Gho the Girl
Just my two cents here: Sometimes, y'alls stuff can sound so scary *cowers in corner with flashlight*

*builds a sheet fort around you*

Now yer safe! mrgreen  

Bastemhet

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:42 am
Bastemhet
Gho the Girl

Now yer safe! mrgreen
Ho boy! This is perfect! Now I just need some smores . . .  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:51 am
Gho the Girl
Bastemhet
Gho the Girl

Now yer safe! mrgreen

That's so weird...I was considering making some, but then I realized sheets + open fire = recipe for disaster.  

Bastemhet

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:55 am
Bastemhet
Gho the Girl
Bastemhet
Gho the Girl

Now yer safe! mrgreen

That's so weird...I was considering making some, but then I realized sheets + open fire = recipe for disaster.
Fire is bad? D8  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:06 am
Gho the Girl
Bastemhet
Gho the Girl
Bastemhet
Gho the Girl

Now yer safe! mrgreen

Fire is bad? D8

In my hands? Fer sure. ninja  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:03 am
Bastemhet
I didn't bug you about it because you were sick at the time, but it's been quite a while and I would appreciate the source, please.

Perhaps you wouldn't have to repeat it if you post it in your pathways thread? That might be more convenient. Just a suggestion.
He's still sick. I just pestered him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:03 am
Bastemhet

Oh! That's also a possibility, I didn't even think of that. I'm not denying there are other ways that entities may attach to objects, but since she claimed it was Anubis, I just wanted to point out that that would have been impossible from a Kemetic standpoint.

I'm not sure if it was attached or even if it was real. She mentioned it kept threatening to swap necklaces so he could watch her dress. Idk, and truly don't want to know. Now she does make a difference between the two and apparently the spirit formerly known as Anubis has gone poof. So all's well that ends well? xd  

erinnightwalker

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:41 pm
TeaDidikai
Bastemhet
I didn't bug you about it because you were sick at the time, but it's been quite a while and I would appreciate the source, please.

Perhaps you wouldn't have to repeat it if you post it in your pathways thread? That might be more convenient. Just a suggestion.
He's still sick. I just pestered him.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he feels better soon.

erin: Yeah, that definitely is not the Anubis I know.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:44 pm
Bastemhet

Yeah, definitely not Anubis.

Gho the Girl

Here's hoping that flashlight doesn't have a Fear Essence in it, right? XD

erinnightwalker

I'm not sure if it was attached or even if it was real. She mentioned it kept threatening to swap necklaces so he could watch her dress. Idk, and truly don't want to know. Now she does make a difference between the two and apparently the spirit formerly known as Anubis has gone poof. So all's well that ends well? xd

That's a pervy necklace spirit/thoughtform.  

Recursive Paradox

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:33 am
I suppose I was a fluffy Christian for a while, as I was raised in this path but made assumptions on what must be true to it based only on what I was told to be true and what I wanted to be true. I ceased calling myself a Christian by Middle School, in part due to a recognition of my lack of understanding, in part due to skepticism on the existence of a Supreme Being, and in part due to a revulsion of the self-flogging and subservience that was considered proper in my neck of the woods.

I never joined another religion in part due to this experience. I didn't want to enter one without a full understanding. The first one that looked interesting was Wicca, which I knew of due to a fiction trilogy called The Power of Three or some-such, but it did not take me long to learn that what I thought was Wicca was not. I wasn't all that invested in it, though - about as much as I was when I checked the mail surrounding my eleventh birthday in hopes that I got a letter from the Salem Academy of Witchcraft (America's Hogwarts). I'd have loved for it to be true but I read it in a fiction novel. xshrugsx  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:40 am
Recursive Paradox

Gho the Girl

Here's hoping that flashlight doesn't have a Fear Essence in it, right? XD
*sniffle sniffle* you're not helping *pouty face*  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:18 am
Aino Ailill
and in part due to a revulsion of the self-flogging and subservience that was considered proper in my neck of the woods.
What denomination?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces