Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Baptism and Converting Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:52 am
Namikikyo
There's no way out of that. Looks like I have to start taking down my alters and such and apologize to all the deities I worshipped..
If that is what is right for you, I wish you the best.
Quote:

Um, I guess I can start reading Gho's pathway thread and anyone else's. That's a good start.
Gho, Nines and some others in the guild have very rich spiritual traditions that center upon Yeshua.
Quote:

Thank you, Tea. Your information was very helpful.
Welcome.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:15 am
TeaDidikai
Namikikyo
There's no way out of that. Looks like I have to start taking down my alters and such and apologize to all the deities I worshipped..
If that is what is right for you, I wish you the best.

I'm not really sure what's right for me at the moment. I'm trying my best to look at all my options, but in the end I'm still not sure what all those options are. I'm going to have to do a lot of thinking, but I'm still going to take them down and apologize until I sort everything out.

Thank you kindly for the wishes, though. I really need them.

Quote:
Quote:

Um, I guess I can start reading Gho's pathway thread and anyone else's. That's a good start.
Gho, Nines and some others in the guild have very rich spiritual traditions that center upon Yeshua.

I really like that about this guild, I'll be sure to read them today after I spend some time thinking.

Namikikyo

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:24 am
Any questions or comments to me, PM or post in the thread.

I'm glad this thread helped you. I know I played no part in it, but just seeing someone as honest and open as you warms my heart.

Whatever you decide, you've taken some strong steps here.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:27 am
Namikikyo
I'm not really sure what's right for me at the moment. I'm trying my best to look at all my options, but in the end I'm still not sure what all those options are. I'm going to have to do a lot of thinking, but I'm still going to take them down and apologize until I sort everything out.
That seems like a reasonable thing to do.

Quote:
I really like that about this guild, I'll be sure to read them today after I spend some time thinking.
Sounds like a plan.
There are some threads around here that deal with the subject as well.  

TeaDidikai

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:38 am
*coughcoughhereticsguildcoughcough*  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:59 am
That was rather shameless. 4laugh  

TeaDidikai

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:44 am
TeaDidikai
That was rather shameless. 4laugh
biggrin razz  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:02 am

*hands a cough drop shaped like a crucifix*  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:04 am
Recursive Paradox

Wouldn't that be ingesting an idol?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:55 am
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox

Only if you consider the crucifix an idol (or, what your opinion on idols is).

I would be incredibly amused to see a bowl of Cruciform cough drops, next to the vat of Holy Water. =D  

Collowrath

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:56 am
Ooh, I have a question! What about those who were forced to take Communion once even though they weren't baptised?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:02 pm
It's funny because not being able to find a church that would Christen or Baptize my kids when they were born was one of the "catalysts" for me in turning to Paganism in the first place. Hubby lamented for years that he'd not been either. I am ever so thankful now that I was never able to find anyone to do it.

I was Christened was a baby, and have probably had Communion at least once or twice, but personally I am more than willing to go to "Hell" if it means that my children and their children, etc... will grow up being able to choose their own religious paths.

I take oaths seriously, but do not think that one should be able to be oathed to something/someone "by proxy", which is essentially what Baptizing or Christening a child is doing.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:03 pm
TeaDidikai
Meh. I see it as being in line with what Yeshua taught and have more of a "Well it's about time" kinda attitude.

Nicene Christianity took some solid steps to divorce itself from Yeushua's teachings, especially in the not adding to and not taking away category. I'm not really sure apply universalist principles after this sort of alteration is in keeping with principles of an individual who enjoyed kicking over corrupt theologians tables. but this is a bicker point not of this thread.

Quote:
Nope. All three are issued or reaffirmed at each Sacrament, but the physical actions one does changes. Sorry if I worded it poorly.

Gotcha, all good. 3nodding

Quote:
It worked.

You have to understand she did everything she humanly could prior to that. Asked to be allowed to leave, started messing with other sacraments- that was literally the last resort for her.

While I may not approve, my perspective is too limited to matter. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:08 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox

XD I'm sure a heretic wouldn't mind.  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:34 pm
Fiddlers Green

Nicene Christianity took some solid steps to divorce itself from Yeushua's teachings, especially in the not adding to and not taking away category. I'm not really sure apply universalist principles after this sort of alteration is in keeping with principles of an individual who enjoyed kicking over corrupt theologians tables. but this is a bicker point not of this thread.

For the sake of discussion, can you specify which condition you speak of above?
I think I know, but I wouldn't want to mistake your position.

Quote:
While I may not approve, my perspective is too limited to matter. wink
Last point to her credit before I stop defending her over her actions- she specifically told people before the font was used.

Bastemhet>> What denomination? My suspicion is that someone would be in deep s**t for that kind of thing- profaning the Host and all.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff