Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Freelance's weight loss thread. [MOVED] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Losing weight is...
  Fun!
  Really hard
  Totally worth it!
View Results

freelance lover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:19 pm
Breakfast: Honey bunches of oats
Milk

Lunch: Slimfast shake
Banana

Snack: Granola bar
Some carrots

Dinner:
Breaded tilapia with the same black bean mixture
Roasted asparagus
Half an artichoke with butter
Cucumbers in a red win vinaigrette
Caburry cream egg
Piece of Dove chocolate

Half an hour on the elliptical
Some crunches and other various exercises

Not too bad. I ate a ton for dinner, but it was almost all veggies so I feel a little better about it. The tilapia recipe was out of a healthy eating cookbook my mom gave me, t runs about 430 calories according to the book.

I'm going to be working really hard now!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:24 am
Breakfast:
Honey bunches of oats
Milk

Lunch:
Hormel complete
Baby carrots

Snack:
Granola bar

Dinner:
Fish with the same salsa
Cucumbers in a vinaigrette
Yogurt
Mini Cabury cream egg
Piece of Dove Chocolate

Snack:
Peanut butter

freelance lover

freelance lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:46 am
Yesterday:

Breakfast:
Honey bunches of oats
Milk

Lunch:
The corn salsa with multigrain chip
Yogurt

Snack:
Granola bar
Banana

Dinner:
Beef ravioli and marinara sauce
Asparagus
Cucumbers in a vinaigrette
Piece of chocolate

Snack:
Some peanut butter
A few small pancakes
Two pieces of bacon

Today:

Breakfast:
Fiber one cereal
Milk

Lunch:
Corn salsa with mulitgrain chips
Applesauce
Piece of chocolate

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:30 am
Sorry guys, I've neglected to update this thing. The irony is that I've been the most successful I've been all year. I've been working out 4-6 times a week, and I've been eating better for the most part. The last week or so has been difficult since it's been the last two weeks of school and I'm running out of food and can't buy more since I'm moving at the end of the week, but I feel like real progress has been made! If nothing else, my pooch is getting smaller!

I'm going to have to improvise for about three weeks with exercises, since I won't have access to a gym, but by the time June rolls around I'll pretty much always have access to a gym. So I'm doing okay!

Just checking in to let you guys know I haven't abandoned my weight loss goals!

freelance lover

freelance lover

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:29 pm
I've been really terrible this week... but it's final's week and I'm packing to go home.

BUT BUT BUT I have a plan. The three weeks before I'll have access to a gym I'm going to go for a walk every morning. I DON'T CARE I'LL BRAVE THE HEAT. I'll add on some other exercises as well to work muscles, and then once I get to PT I can start working out. I always eat better at home, since my mom's a great cook and generally make really healthy food.

The biggest issue is going to be at my internship. The meals at the camp are healthy, but dinner is usually served to us by little old church ladies, meaning it's stuff like fried chicken, and other generally unhealthy things. I'm going to have to be REALLY careful about what I eat, but I think if I just monitor what I eat closely, and work out regularly, I should be fine.

Ugh, oh no. This is going to be so scary, but I can do it!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:22 pm
Success! My mother bought some of those resistance bands for your arms and legs. I now know how I'm going to be working out for the three weeks before PT! Huzzah!

I'm officially starting my work out routine Monday.

freelance lover

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:43 am
You can do it! Often no matter what they're serving you, having dinner served to you is enough to make you be careful about what you eat as long as you don't go back for seconds. (The double dessert is what got me when I worked at a resort.) You'll be fine and resistance bands are awesome!  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:16 pm
Yikes, I should update this thing more often. I'll make that a goal for this summer.

This weekend was kinda bad, because I drove up to visit my boyfriend and my friends at school. Ate a lot of fried food, and my body rebels and is still getting all that grossness out of my system. It was birthday weekend though, so I feel like it was acceptable. The good news is my mother had made a giant bowl of tabbouleh when I got home, which is great for you. I mean, what's not to love about a bunch of veggies, bulgar wheat, and vinegar? Yum. Today I'm getting together with some friends, and we're going to have some drinks and pizza. My goal is to have two slices of pizza and keep the drinking to a minimum, since I have to drive home anyway. I'll probably eat something healthy before I head down there too, so I'm not starving.

I also went for a good, brisk walk today, and I'm feeling pretty good about that. I think I'm going to start posting some "thinspiration" pictures, which I hate that word, thinspiration, largely because of it's association with eating disorders. But I popped into Victoria's Secret today and ALMOST bought a nice lacy baby doll that was on sale, but I didn't love it. I do have my eye on a nice baby doll at Fredrick' of Hollywood that's only $20. It's a little longer too, so it'll help cover my thighs up, which are kind of the area I'm self conscious about.

So here's the one I really want. But I also like this one and this one.

The good and bad news is, I'm going to be moving in at my internship this Saturday, which means I'll have access to a gym again. Huzzah! I'll have to be careful about what I eat, but I have a master plan to still lose weight. It is as follows thusly:

-Work out everyday after the site M-T. Try to fit it in where possible F-Sun, which shouldn't be too difficult.
-Half an hour of cardio, and then do some weight to tone up my thighs and arms.
-When eating at the site, take extras on the fruits and veggies, not the main dish. Even though the fruits and veggies are usually from cans, it's better than nothing.
-For the dinner, proceed with caution. If vegetables are provided, take extras. If it's an unhealthy, take smaller portions and remove things, like fried breading, to eat enough so I'm not hungry.
-Avoid desserts most nights. One cookie may be acceptable from time to time, but when in doubt, say no.
-Drink only milk or water. If memory serves we used to have lemonade with dinner. Just say no.
-When walking through the kitchen at night, say no to the left overs, unless they're healthy.
-Eat breakfast!
-Stash some healthy snacks in my bedroom, so that when hunger strikes I'm not going for the left over desserts.
-Avoid fast food as much as possible.

I think those are pretty doable. I do have some good news though! I recently measured my hips, I may have lost a couple inches! I was measured at the beginning of the year and was 41 in around, and assuming I did it properly, I'm not at a little over 39. Yay!

Gearing up and ready to go!

freelance lover

freelance lover

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:13 am
Ate a little two much last night, but I did limit myself to two sliced of pizza. I had a lot of b***h beer too, but we're back on track today. I went for a walk, had a decent breakfast and good lunch. I might have a snack later before dinner, and then left over gumbo for dinner, yuuuum.

Went for another good walk today also, so that was nice. I can't wait until I had gym access. I love working out, but I hate running outside, I much prefer inside and the elliptical.

Edit: I should have avoided that granola bar, but it has a ton of fiber in it, so I guess it's not the worse thing. I'll just cut back on the gumbo and stuff at dinner. I've also decided I'm going to start doing some internet shopping for clothing, and if I am able to lose weight I'll treat myself to some nice clothing.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:27 pm
I missed my morning walk this morning, since my alarm seems to have never gone off gonk That majorly sucks. Oh well.

I move in at my internship tomorrow, meaning I get gym access! I'm not sure how regularly I'll be able to go to the gym this first week since I'll be training, but it memory serves we'll have some hole in our schedule when I may be able to escape to the gym. But once the day camps start, I plan on going at least 5 days a week, maybe more.

In other news, my self image is plummeting, making me all the more determined to lose the weight. I'm really ready to do this, and I'm excited. I also just got Lady Gaga's CDs, which make great work out music- huzzah! Maybe I'll make a workout play list as well on my iPod.

Today food hasn't been too bad. Cereal and milk for breakfast, some pot stickers for lunch, just had some yogurt and a few corn chips. Not sure what I'm having for dinner, it'll depend on what my mother is make for dinner.

I have the PT alumni reunion tonight, which I think will have food but I'm going to say NO. No food for me! This will be me empowering myself to say no to food. I CAN DO THIS.

freelance lover

freelance lover

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:57 am
Hey friends!

Quick update before I have to run back to training. I moved in on Saturday and so far PT has been great! The meals provided have been so-so, but we had salad yesterday and I'm trying to control portion size and stop eating when I'm full, not when I'm stuffed. I've also been limiting myself to dessert per meal, which usually means a cookie, small brownie, etc. Usually it's one meal a day too, since desserts aren't provided for lunch most of the time. I just know if I cut myself off entirely I'll binge eat.

I'm also on the third floor, so lots of working out going up and down stairs. I don't have an official gym pass yet, but I've been told that if I go to the gym and tell them I'm with PT, they'll let me in so I'm going to try and go work out tonight after dinner. I think I may have found some work out buddies too, so that's good.

Everyone here has been really supportive too, since I've mentioned I have to be in a bridesmaid dress in two months. Some remind me when I'll off-handly mention I want some Pokey-Os (mmmm) or they'll tell me I'm already tiny. I love this support system! So far so good my friends!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:45 pm
So good and bad news.

The bad news is I had banana pudding, a brownie, and frozen yogurt today. In my defense, a really nice old man at the church I'm working at made the banana pudding, so I felt obligated to eat it, had one brownie at dinner, and then I had promised myself NO ICE CREAM all week unless my team went out for team bonding, which we did.

The good news is I've been more active than my sedentary lifestyle the past couple weeks, and I should be able to start working out next week when my couple solidifies, and I'll be doing some recreation with the kids too, so I'll be pretty active. Plus next week I'll only be tempted with desserts once a day, which will make it much easier than this week. I've also been loading up on veggies as much as possible, which has been difficult, but I'm doing my best. I think I need to kick it up, but it'll be fine.

freelance lover

freelance lover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:11 am
I went and worked out yesterday, which was awesome. The gym here is super nice, so I'm looking forward to using it.

Also, I'm going off-roading/mountain biking later today, so I'm forgoing the gym and I'll be doing that tonight. Wheeee! I also think I'm going to eat a lot of veggies this weekend, I may go to Roly Poly and get a vegetarian sandwich later.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:19 pm
Alrighty, had a few days where I didn't eat as well as I should have, and I skipped the gym twice since I've started coming down with a cold. However, I plan on hitting the gym tomorrow for sure. And I'm doing my best to get veggies and stuff, but it's been somewhat difficult.

This cold is annoying though. I had every intention of working out yesterday, but felt way to crappy to do much of anything other than what absolutely had to be done. I did walk are for a bit though to get dinner, so that was good. I'm starting to get a whole lot less excited about this, but I need to stay motivated!

freelance lover

freelance lover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:46 pm
So weight loss has been an epic failure the past few months, but now I'm jazzed about it again, and I have a little more time and am less of a crazy person. I'm going to try to work some more time into my schedule for working out and I can eat better now.

I'm currently enrolled in a yoga class twice a week, and my friend is teaching a Zumba class twice a week (and OMG I looooove Zumba). I'm also going to try and hit the gym more frequently, especially on the weekends.

Also, instead of tracking what I eat, I'm going to try making meal plans, so I already know what I'm eat throughout the day and won't forget/make excuses and snack a lot.

So! Tomorrow!

Breakfast:
Raisin brand crunch and milk

Lunch: Slim fast shake, some carrots and hummus

Dinner: Half a grill chicken breast, wild rice, broccoli and cauliflower, and a salad with cucumbers and homemade dressing.

Snack for some point in the day: Soyjoy bar.

The gym probably won't happen tomorrow, simply because I'm being forced to work a haunted house, but I'll be on my feet most of the evening walking around so that'll be something there. We're going to try this and see if this works any better.

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff