ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:49 pm
bovid
I use pads, but I'm an athlete (xcountry, track, soccer, basketball) and it just feels so awkward when you run, and if your panties start to ride up, the pad does too. gonk Then you start sweating, and when you feel it it's kind of like, "Gahhh. Am I leaking, or just sweating?" I've never actually had a leakage problem while playing sports, but I always /think/ I do. So I'm thinking that when I do sports, I should use a tampon instead.

Yes you really should consider it. Less worrying and more protection.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:15 am
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Neither (:

I prefer my divacup because..
-it's comfortable (you can't even feel it's there when it's inserted properly)
-no string to pee on
-no risks of leaking (it opens up all around and has a suction protection seal)
-no risk of TSS
-it's better for the environment
-it's cheaper
-it's convenient (i don't ever have to make a last minute run to the store for tampons or worry about stashing a box of tampons in my bag on trips)
-it's better for the sea creatures (do you know how many tampon applicaters get thrown onto beaches? yuck!)
-no need to waste my money on something i will buy and then throw away
-if i'm ever stranded on a desert island i won't bleed everywhere, whereas all of you disposables-addicted will (;  

jiarrah

Denkou Soshiatae

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:33 am
jiarrah
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Neither (:

I prefer my divacup because..
-it's comfortable (you can't even feel it's there when it's inserted properly)
-no string to pee on
-no risks of leaking (it opens up all around and has a suction protection seal)
-no risk of TSS
-it's better for the environment
-it's cheaper
-it's convenient (i don't ever have to make a last minute run to the store for tampons or worry about stashing a box of tampons in my bag on trips)
-it's better for the sea creatures (do you know how many tampon applicaters get thrown onto beaches? yuck!)
-no need to waste my money on something i will buy and then throw away
-if i'm ever stranded on a desert island i won't bleed everywhere, whereas all of you disposables-addicted will (;

Okay, so how do those things even WORK?!?!
I know that they are a rubber rimmed cup that you insert and it catches it, but it's it so gross? Don't you have to take it and rinse it out it the sink?
And anyway, how does it not move around when you are really active?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:41 am
RosesFallingLikeRain
I like tampons.
I do't wear tampons without a pad, though.
I hate that if I don't wear both, there'll be a leak, but if I do, no leak.

Exactly. When I have a light period, i just wear a tampon with a pantyliner. If it's heavy, I wear a supe tampon with a pad. The sport tampons rock!  

AJsmarty

Samiesha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:44 am
Tampons all the way, although if it's a heavy day I will also wear a small pad just in case.  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:25 am
i think pads are gross and messy, so tampons, i think they are a lot ...cleaner(not really a word i use much with periods) but with pads it gets on ur legs and its just gross. i hate pads!  

XxDiscoxDinoxX

Broken_Angel_xXx

Desirable Vampire

6,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:23 am
i have to say tampons r better... because pads seem like i am wearing a diaper to me  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:11 am
Pads. The idea of tampons seems uncomfortable. >.<  

Fatgirl and Robin

J e n R e i

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:24 am
Pads...Even though it feels like i'm leaking every time i stand up and wet...always having my friends check me..But Tampons are uncomfortable..I can go a week without swimming..I just don't think about me sitting in my blood.And its easy to just take the pad off,wrap it up and throw it away...i don't wanna sit there taking a cotton stick out of me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:35 am
Diva cup FTW!~

I used a pad for my first period.. I was changing it every hour.. it was gross.. so I got some plastic applicator tampons and figured out how to use them during my first period and after a couple of periods I got the hang out it.. so I switched to cardboard ones.

I didn't really have too many issues with tampons.. sometimes they would ride down, the string would feel gross and wet when I'd go pee, towards the end of my period when I wasn't bleeding much they would be a pain to take out.. so eventually I switched to my cup! <3

For the person who asked earlier about the cup it's silicone and very flexible.
You bend the cup in half; and insert it.. yes you have to put your fingers inside of your v****a, yes sometimes they will get bloody.. so if you can't handle that it's not for you. >__<
The cup can be worn up to 8 hours; then you take it out; dump it into the toilet or sink, rinse it out and stick it back in.
The cup forms a suction seal in your v****a so all blood collects, you can do anything while wearing the cup; it's pretty much just like a tampon.
It's different from a tampon though because it is re-usable (they can last 10+ years), and it doesn't soak up any of the moisture from your v****a.. it collects it; not absorbs it.. so you can wear it for 12 hours without a risk of TSS.
You can put it in days before your expected period if you don't know when it's going to come exactly (mine comes randomly on Wednesday.. so I put it in that morning even though I might not bleed until 11pm that night) you just have to make sure that you are taking it out at least every twelve hours and give it a quick rinse even if there is no blood. =]
As for changing it in public.. I've never had to do it.. if I go out I empty it right before I leave the house and I can empty it again right when I get home if it's a heavy day. (this is for an 8 hour day)

Overall the cup is a great investment; but only if you are comfortable with your body and your bodily fluids.. and if you have had experience inserting tampons and are comfortable doing so. =]

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

X-Band Rocks-X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:36 am
PawzPrint
Tampons. Pads are generally uncomfortable for me. They always leak because they never stay in place for me. And the sticky side always manages to stick onto some hairs. It frickin hurts!

I agree with her. It's hurts! Plus xD I'd know it's my T.O.M.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:44 pm
TAMPONS  

Short Melancholic

iRaine-Chan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:51 pm
TAMPONS ALL THE!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:13 pm
I can't use tampons. Last time I did the string came off and also got stuck.  

Mochiccino

Biggest Cat

17,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:23 pm
Intoxikace
Diva cup FTW!~

I used a pad for my first period.. I was changing it every hour.. it was gross.. so I got some plastic applicator tampons and figured out how to use them during my first period and after a couple of periods I got the hang out it.. so I switched to cardboard ones.

I didn't really have too many issues with tampons.. sometimes they would ride down, the string would feel gross and wet when I'd go pee, towards the end of my period when I wasn't bleeding much they would be a pain to take out.. so eventually I switched to my cup! <3

For the person who asked earlier about the cup it's silicone and very flexible.
You bend the cup in half; and insert it.. yes you have to put your fingers inside of your v****a, yes sometimes they will get bloody.. so if you can't handle that it's not for you. >__<
The cup can be worn up to 8 hours; then you take it out; dump it into the toilet or sink, rinse it out and stick it back in.
The cup forms a suction seal in your v****a so all blood collects, you can do anything while wearing the cup; it's pretty much just like a tampon.
It's different from a tampon though because it is re-usable (they can last 10+ years), and it doesn't soak up any of the moisture from your v****a.. it collects it; not absorbs it.. so you can wear it for 12 hours without a risk of TSS.
You can put it in days before your expected period if you don't know when it's going to come exactly (mine comes randomly on Wednesday.. so I put it in that morning even though I might not bleed until 11pm that night) you just have to make sure that you are taking it out at least every twelve hours and give it a quick rinse even if there is no blood. =]
As for changing it in public.. I've never had to do it.. if I go out I empty it right before I leave the house and I can empty it again right when I get home if it's a heavy day. (this is for an 8 hour day)

Overall the cup is a great investment; but only if you are comfortable with your body and your bodily fluids.. and if you have had experience inserting tampons and are comfortable doing so. =]

Gotta be honest with you, I'm actually really tempted to get one.
My doctor advised it because I never know when my period is coming or how heavy it is and he said it might be more comfortable for me. He also told me that it would be safe for me to use even a couple days ahead of when it actually does come if it feels like it's going to come that day (granted, he warned me that I'd have to clean it every so often, obviously).
So I was wondering. Are you able to sleep with it in? Where do you get them? How much are they? Do you even notice it when you move around?
(Sorry if that's a lot of questions, this is a shared computer, so I can't just look it up and I'm not allowed to clear the history on this computer because of my brother D: It would be much better if I had my laptop with me.)  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff