Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Fundraising Committee! Current Discussion=Setting Up Raffle Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

endagersaver21

5,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:06 am
how to reply...hmmm... exclaim another idea, howz bout an aquarium contest, or car contest, same cost ideas, more money!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:32 am
for money, we can have people donate and the person with the biggest donation should get a surprise girft box with many things inside.  

Krisiune

endagersaver21

5,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:42 am
good idea, should they be like gen. items tho? like hermes moon, and then a bunch of nonsense stuff like shirts? or what did you have in mind? wink  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:52 am
I want to be on a committee!

Committee Name: Fundraising
List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference): I don't really mind?
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples): not exactly but I am quite creative I think and might have fresh ideas.Just eager to help really
What skills can you bring to this committee?: Creativity ,Positive energy and Multilingual to reach out to more people?lol  

VampMiyu

Sparkly Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:23 pm
I want to be on a committee!

Committee Name: Fund raising
List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference): 1) Cooardinator, 2) what ever is open, 3) what ever is open.
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples): Not really. I am a mod in a lotto thread right now, if that counts.
What skills can you bring to this committee?: I can advertise the events like crazy (yes, I bet that doesn't fall in your jurisdiction but advertising was full), and I can make banners (but not art) for the various fund raising events. I can run a thread or help out by being a mod and watching events if necessary.

I hope I can help out.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:08 pm
All positions have been filled and updated and thanks to all the people who donated any amount to the guild mule. we have over 3 mill gold saved!  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

endagersaver21

5,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:30 am
that means 2 mil to go, wat do u think our most profitable method has been?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:37 am
Both me and whoever sent me the email were surprised that there was a sudden boost in gold. Since I don't have access to the account I cannot tell you how exactly we have been able to get that much.  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

Deletedforgood23

Shy Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:58 am
Very well, only 2 million more, we can do it xD, but we better get a move on before they show up the fund-raising committee 0.o  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 am
i agree, how we gonna do that tho?  

endagersaver21

5,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:06 am
we still have a raffle we can do that sort of lopped down because everyone loved the idea of an art auction.

Problem is, what are we going to raffle off.

I have a few friends who own lottos so I have sorta been stalking their threads, but when it comes to lottos and raffles I am somewhat clueless. I have hosted a few art auctions though, when I was but a budding artist. now im just a messed up cutsie artist xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:27 am
i got the same amount of brainpower when it comes to that stuff lol
, oh yea, and remember people, play booty grab, i have the best luck with monsters c;
http://dolphinmania.pandaandpenguin.com/monstermania/index.php?start=1  

endagersaver21

5,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:32 pm
I think that is why the topic died, because we had a few people who wanted a big raffle and i just wanted to do it in rounds and start of small but they were like no no we need it big and im like OMG -runs- xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:08 pm
BEWARE OF LONG POSTS

Raffles are an amazing way to earn a profit. The tickets cost literally nothing to produce, you can never run out, and if kept track of accordingly, you will never have cheaters.

Here's how it works:

1. Based on interest, determine the size of the raffle. If the raffle will also take in out of guild accounts, you will need to accommodate much more slots than an in-guild raffle. Also, you will need advertisements, recruitment, and a public thread so all can see and join in.

ex.
We as a guild number over 1,500 members. Assuming that over 1,000 are going to buy tickets, and each person will buy at least 5 tickets, the minimum number needed will be 5,000 tickets.

2. Organize and format a list, by ticket number, for at least the minimum number of tickets, unless it is a limited raffle. From here, you have two choices.
a. Let the user choose his/her own number. Pro's: The user can't complain if they lose. Con's: It is a lot harder to keep track of.
b. Give out the tickets in numerical order. Pro's: Easy to keep track of and organize. Con's: User may feel like they are being cheated.

3. Determine a prize and a price. Because this IS a fundraiser, I would suggest nothing the guild has to spend money on. So whether it be art, donated items to the mule, or money itself, the better the prizes, the better the chance one will purchase more tickets. There is usually a 1-1000 prize to ticket ratio. A price is also needed. Say we sell 5,000 tickets altogether, 1 ticket at $100g. Reasonable amount, with a income of 500,000g. Average prices range from $100g to $1,000g per ticket, depending on the final prize.

4. Finding the winner. Many people speculate that the raffle is rigged so that a chosen person automatically wins. There is an extremely easy way to fix this. On most new calculators and on some online programs, there is what we call a random number generator. Lets suppose we sell 5,000 tickets. Each ticket from 1-5,000 is put into a 4-digit form, i.e. 0001. Then, we go to a random number table generator and generate a list, like this:

09923 84719 23040 00271 83304 27738 19446 73650 17343 01589

Then we start from anywhere in the line or list, depending on how many digits we produced or how many winners we are choosing. For now, let's say we started at the beginning, so no one gets lost.

We then take the first four digits, which are 0992 (the digits are grouped into 5 so it is easier to count). That means the grand prize goes to whoever purchased ticket number 992. However, if we started at the second group of 5 digits, our first ticket would be 8471, which doesn't exist. We then must move onto the next four digits, 9230, which also doesn't exist. Notice the space doesn't matter. Our grand prize would then go to ticket 4000.

This process may seem complicated, but it is actually the simplest and most unbiased way to run a lottery. All that is needed is successful planning, advertising, initiative, and non-bias, or as I call it, P.A.I.N. Because, as you all know, no P.A.I.N., no gain!

So to wrap up this extremely long post, all we need to do is determine how many tickets we want to sell, the method of how the tickets are distributed (first come first served or if the user chooses their numbers), the prizes, how many prizes there will be, and the prices of tickets. We can easily generate a random number table, for all to see, get a 1-x random number for the starting digit, and name off all of the prize winners!

Thanks for sticking in there, and let's make this a great raffle!
~Whim  

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:22 pm
I ran a 50/50 lotto and received alot of gold for the ball last year.  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff