Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Dont come to our church! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do we fight each other?
  because were different
  because some of us are jerks and hypocrites
  i dont even know
View Results

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:34 pm
TeaDidikai
Did you indulge any other sacraments?

Nope. And all of my "calls for response" didn't reach YHWH. I'm pretty sure the one when I was twelve was Frigga, having now courted her for a while, and a dying child certainly falls in her areas of interest. Could have also been one of my Disir, or Freya as called in by said Disir as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:38 pm
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai

Nope. And all of my "calls for response" didn't reach YHWH. I'm pretty sure the one when I was twelve was Frigga, having now courted her for a while, and a dying child certainly falls in her areas of interest. Could have also been one of my Disir, or Freya as called in by said Disir as well.
The sig of Odin over your shoulder and the KOed troll on the ground was under this when I responded. whee

Could be.
Any idea if your relationship with Odin might have stemmed from her?

Angry>> Good luck.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:40 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai

The sig of Odin over your shoulder and the KOed troll on the ground was under this when I responded. whee

Could be.
Any idea if your relationship with Odin might have stemmed from her?

Could have been. He answered the later "calls for responses." But also those calls were for relationship and self-insight, which falls under his areas of interest, and specified to gods my ancestors would have worshiped, which narrows it to Continental and larger continent British Isles Celts, Germanic, and Norse.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:42 pm
TeaDidikai

Angry>> Good luck.

Seriously. I'm going to need it.

I didn't realize until....years after I broke with the Catholic church that, "Hey. Those oaths are still valid in the eyes of that faith. ....this could be a problem."  

IH_Zero

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:43 pm
Deoridhe

Could have been. He answered the later "calls for responses." But also those calls were for relationship and self-insight, which falls under his areas of interest, and specified to gods my ancestors would have worshiped, which narrows it to Continental and larger continent British Isles Celts, Germanic, and Norse.
It's interesting stuff. Sometimes I feel left out because I can't relate to have of the seeking people have done. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:45 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
TeaDidikai

Angry>> Good luck.

Seriously. I'm going to need it.

I didn't realize until....years after I broke with the Catholic church that, "Hey. Those oaths are still valid in the eyes of that faith. ....this could be a problem."
Well, and like Deo pointed out- YHVH's into Generational Curses.

Could always return to Christendom and cope with the issues that caused you to leave. ninja  

TeaDidikai

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:47 pm
TeaDidikai

Could always return to Christendom and cope with the issues that caused you to leave. ninja

I'm pretty sure I'm already under the generational curses. My parents are rather...heretical.

And I've tried returning to the church, a few times, actually.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:48 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
TeaDidikai

I'm pretty sure I'm already under the generational curses. My parents are rather...heretical.

And I've tried returning to the church, a few times, actually.
Oh? What's the complication?  

TeaDidikai

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:52 pm
TeaDidikai

I feel...spiritually dead, within the Catholic faith specifically, Christian faith in general. I don't disbelieve in YHWH, but I've never been able to feel that it was the right place for me, both as a person and for my spiritual growth.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:57 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
TeaDidikai

I feel...spiritually dead, within the Catholic faith specifically, Christian faith in general. I don't disbelieve in YHWH, but I've never been able to feel that it was the right place for me, both as a person and for my spiritual growth.
Interesting.

What hyper religious experiences outside of the Church have affirmed your faith?  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:01 pm
I guess I'm fortunate in that my mother for some reason or another wasn't baptized and neither was I. In some way I regret it because it puts me in an awkward position, but I guess the reverse would be just as awkward.

It allows me to delve into Dveviere at my own pace, while still honoring other gods that aren't involved in it at all - although the idea of a soul sans baptism being unclean sure throws a wrench.

And here comes my inevitable fence-sitting and hangups concerning my own native faith. I guess we can save that for another thread though. stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:07 pm
TeaDidikai
Interesting.

What hyper religious experiences outside of the Church have affirmed your faith?

I've felt the Kemetic deities in my life in various ways, when I've called out to them, especially Djehuty and Set, though I have had experiences with others, both inside and out of ritual. I have tested them, and am fairly certain, through that, and my talks with other Kemetic pagans that they are true. I attempted other paths before that, but I always go the same sense of "You're not mine/ours."

It was never just one thing, in my life. It was more culmination of things. There was always a sense of longing, when I would read and watch things about ancient Egypt, both about it, and the religion of the time. When I found the faith, and started treading the waters in it, it was like snapping that final piece of the puzzle into place.

I've been far more at peace with myself, and my life, since finding the faith and the pantheon, than I ever was with Christianity. And I really did try to reconcile myself and my feelings with Christianity, for many years.  

IH_Zero

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:08 pm
Collowrath
I guess I'm fortunate in that my mother for some reason or another wasn't baptized and neither was I. In some way I regret it because it puts me in an awkward position, but I guess the reverse would be just as awkward.

It allows me to delve into Dveviere at my own pace, while still honoring other gods that aren't involved in it at all - although the idea of a soul sans baptism being unclean sure throws a wrench.
Address it contextually. That's what your ancestors did. A foreign culture introduced practices and the like, but they weren't in a position to emulate them, they did the same thing their own way.

Come out to SummerStar. I'll baptize you. twisted

Quote:
And here comes my inevitable fence-sitting and hangups concerning my own native faith. I guess we can save that for another thread though. stressed
Get thee to Pathways!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:10 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
TeaDidikai
Interesting.

I've felt the Kemetic deities in my life in various ways, when I've called out to them, especially Djehuty and Set, though I have had experiences with others, both inside and out of ritual. I have tested them, and am fairly certain, through that, and my talks with other Kemetic pagans that they are true. I attempted other paths before that, but I always go the same sense of "You're not mine/ours."

It was never just one thing, in my life. It was more culmination of things. There was always a sense of longing, when I would read and watch things about ancient Egypt, both about it, and the religion of the time. When I found the faith, and started treading the waters in it, it was like snapping that final piece of the puzzle into place.

I've been far more at peace with myself, and my life, since finding the faith and the pantheon, than I ever was with Christianity. And I really did try to reconcile myself and my feelings with Christianity, for many years.
Fair enough.  

TeaDidikai

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:15 pm
Thanks for asking such questions, by the way. I always welcome the chance to reexamine my position, and figure out how to put it into words. Try to think of how it will be seen from the outside, in a sense. I feel it helps me grow as a person.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff