Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Official Post Your Progress Guild*~ Writers Support!

Back to Guilds

We support fellow writers by tracking and displaying word and page counts. 

Tags: Writing, Write, Poetry, Novels, Stories 

Reply Discussions:
The all new Introduce yourself thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you...?
  New
  Been here a while
  I've been here since the beginning!
View Results

x- Lepidottero -x

750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:21 am
This guild looks like something of a dream come true D:! I'm so happy to have been invited, as I'm far too lazy to dig up things like this on my own...

I prefer online to be called Lepidottero (and have actually seriously considered making that my pen name in the future as well.) I'm cool with nicknames like Lepi, Leps, and Lepid. I'm eighteen years old and I've written multiple pieces every day (aside from the occasional off-day) since I was eleven. Ever since my Mom first read me a book, I've wanted to make one of my own and have been trying since I knew how to make words. At first they were mainly picture books with a few words (5- cool , then short stories (9-11) and then I decided that novels were more my calling (12-18.)

I'm confident in my own ability to devise an interesting plot and create likable characters, but my weak points are word usage and small plot details. I almost never take physical notes so a lot of the time there are small holes in my plots that need filling or fixing, which can be irritating.

Blah blah blah, wow, I'm really going on.

My main focus right now is an Untitled piece. (I can't be bothered to name my stories until they're finished or the perfect title comes to mind.) I'm really hoping to get and give help in this guild biggrin . Yay.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:07 am
Thank you for accepting the invitation Lepi and welcome to the guild! Novels are better, in the long term as well. People are more famous for novels than short stories haha.

Well I hope that you can get what you want out of the guild. Any suggestions for improvements, please contact me!

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Orobolas

Dapper Phantom

10,800 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:04 am
Oh hey, an invite!

Name: Orobolas, also known as Anni

Currently Writing: I'd like to say I that I'm working on my short story collection, but I'm too lazy to finish any of them. Instead, I'm currently doing drabbles in hopes of getting more inspiration.

On the Guild: I'm the incredibly lazy new member.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:43 am
Thank you for accepting the invite and welcome to the guild Orobolas!

Ooo, you write short stories? There is a competition in our contest forum you may be interested in. Also, have you got any advice on how to write one? I need to for Uni in a few months but I always end up writing a novel instead! What is the secret? Haha!

I hope you enjoy the guild smile

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

aaaaaaaiaiaiaiai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 am
Thanks for the invite!

Name: das Raubtier
Currently writing: Novel length stories. I'm currently working on The Warblind, a story that's the result of months of planning and researching.
On the guild: A new, shy member.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:22 pm
It's okay! Haha, I saw you on the Writer's Forum and thought this guild may interest you, glad you joined up smile

Hope you find the guild up to scratch, if not, feel free to give ideas!

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

General Phade

Fanatical Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:51 pm
Name: Phade
Currently writing: Book II of my Five-Part Fantasy series (book I is finished after a whopping ten years; I hate the query process, it needs to die), attempting a paranormal-mystery-esque work, and there's a cyberpunk on the back-burner, though there's no telling when I'll actually spend some time with it.
On the guild: New, cynical, critical, and possibly-very-likely slightly psychotic. *GRIN*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:14 pm
DesertRoseFallen
Thank you for accepting the invite and welcome to the guild Orobolas!

Ooo, you write short stories? There is a competition in our contest forum you may be interested in. Also, have you got any advice on how to write one? I need to for Uni in a few months but I always end up writing a novel instead! What is the secret? Haha!

I hope you enjoy the guild smile

Thanks! I really don't have advice to give, since I get carried away too. I guess if you give yourself restrictions you can keep from going overboard.  

Orobolas

Dapper Phantom

10,800 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:53 am
Haha thank you Orobolas!

Welcome Phade, glad to see you accepting the invite smile Cor ten years for Book I? Wow, I can see you are dedicated!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:21 pm
Yay for invites! ;3

Name: Aristaline. Often called Arista or Aris for short.
Occupation: High school student - going into senior year after this summer break.
Currently Writing: A lot of things. I only recently started work on a soon-to-be novel called Deaths Life. (Title subject-able to change.) In my spare time I also write fanfics; I currently have one going for the Inheritance Cycle. I also write a few random short stories here and there.
On the Guild: Just joined.

Aristaline

Romantic Fairy

5,600 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100

General Phade

Fanatical Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:22 pm
DesertRoseFallen
Welcome Phade, glad to see you accepting the invite smile Cor ten years for Book I? Wow, I can see you are dedicated!

Not so much dedicated as angry, angsty, and stressed. I never kept a diary or a journal. If I wanted to blow off some steam, some poor character ended up dead or seriously bloodied.

twisted Sadism's great when the people aren't real. twisted

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:13 pm
Name: AlphaLayne - can be called Alpha or Layne
Currently writing: Untitled Novel
On the guild: New member  

AlphaLayne

3,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:04 am
Welcome Arista and Alpha and thank you for accepting the invitations! I hope you feel welcome here.

Phade - That is a great thing. I use my writing to take out my emotions on. That's probably why we writer's look calm and collected...most of the time anyway smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:26 pm
Name: Kellie KaNugget
Currently writing: Untitled SuWriMo project
On the guild: New Member  

KaNugget

4,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:53 am
Welcome Kellie, I hope you enjoy the guild!

Discussions:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff