Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Gay Marriage. Nay or Yay? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:05 am
Zephyrkitty
froggymama89
AThousandLullabies
i'm Christian, and in my church, a friend of mine is gay
and everyone is just fine with that!
where in the Bible, I ask, does it say that gay marriage is wrong?
i think that GOD loves love, regardless of who it's with.
if he had a problem with it, there would have said something about it in the Ten Commandments. they say it covers all you need to know.

Leviticus 13
"a man shall not lie with another man as he would with a woman."
there are other referance but this is the only explicit one. The essential act of marriage relationship is sex, you can't have a real marriage without ever having sex so there you go. However God never said he hated anyone just sin and he said that he came to forgive ALL sin because he loves EVERYONE and justice is his. So your right in being pro gay marriage just so long that you don't have a gay marriage without denoucing Christ. am I even making sence...its late?

I'm just going to quote Loki on this since he says it better than I can.

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/extended-discussion/homosexuality-is-not-a-sin-what-christ-said-and-more/t.22055569_1/]linaloki[/url]
Topic 2, Leviticus: Christian Law?

WARNING: Sarcasm follows through much of this. If you can't see it, then I'm sorry.

To read arguments against the current translations of Leviticus verses used in condemnation of homosexuality, visit post 5.

Leviticus 19:27, NIV
Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

So. Those that shave are sinning.

Leviticus 19:19, NIV
Keep my decrees.
Do not mate different kinds of animals.
Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.
Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

So. Those that crop in cycles, wear polyester cotton mixes, or breed mules are sinning.

Leviticus 15, NIV
The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'When any man has a bodily discharge, the discharge is unclean. Whether it continues flowing from his body or is blocked, it will make him unclean. This is how his discharge will bring about uncleanness:

" 'Any bed the man with a discharge lies on will be unclean, and anything he sits on will be unclean. Anyone who touches his bed must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Whoever sits on anything that the man with a discharge sat on must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening.

" 'Whoever touches the man who has a discharge must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening.

" 'If the man with the discharge spits on someone who is clean, that person must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening.

" 'Everything the man sits on when riding will be unclean, and whoever touches any of the things that were under him will be unclean till evening; whoever picks up those things must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening.

" 'Anyone the man with a discharge touches without rinsing his hands with water must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening.

" 'A clay pot that the man touches must be broken, and any wooden article is to be rinsed with water.

" 'When a man is cleansed from his discharge, he is to count off seven days for his ceremonial cleansing; he must wash his clothes and bathe himself with fresh water, and he will be clean. On the eighth day he must take two doves or two young pigeons and come before the LORD to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting and give them to the priest. The priest is to sacrifice them, the one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. In this way he will make atonement before the LORD for the man because of his discharge.

" 'When a man has an emission of semen, he must bathe his whole body with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Any clothing or leather that has semen on it must be washed with water, and it will be unclean till evening. When a man lies with a woman and there is an emission of semen, both must bathe with water, and they will be unclean till evening.

" 'When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening.

" 'Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean. Whoever touches her bed must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Whoever touches anything she sits on must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Whether it is the bed or anything she was sitting on, when anyone touches it, he will be unclean till evening.

" 'If a man lies with her and her monthly flow touches him, he will be unclean for seven days; any bed he lies on will be unclean.

" 'When a woman has a discharge of blood for many days at a time other than her monthly period or has a discharge that continues beyond her period, she will be unclean as long as she has the discharge, just as in the days of her period. Any bed she lies on while her discharge continues will be unclean, as is her bed during her monthly period, and anything she sits on will be unclean, as during her period. Whoever touches them will be unclean; he must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening.

" 'When she is cleansed from her discharge, she must count off seven days, and after that she will be ceremonially clean. On the eighth day she must take two doves or two young pigeons and bring them to the priest at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting. The priest is to sacrifice one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. In this way he will make atonement for her before the LORD for the uncleanness of her discharge.

" 'You must keep the Israelites separate from things that make them unclean, so they will not die in their uncleanness for defiling my dwelling place, which is among them.' "

These are the regulations for a man with a discharge, for anyone made unclean by an emission of semen, for a woman in her monthly period, for a man or a woman with a discharge, and for a man who lies with a woman who is ceremonially unclean.

So. Semen is "unclean". Women on periods must be cast out due to their uncleanliness.

Leviticus 11, NIV
The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "Say to the Israelites: 'Of all the animals that live on land, these are the ones you may eat: You may eat any animal that has a split hoof completely divided and that chews the cud.

" 'There are some that only chew the cud or only have a split hoof, but you must not eat them. The camel, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is ceremonially unclean for you. The coney, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is unclean for you. The rabbit, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is unclean for you. And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.

" 'Of all the creatures living in the water of the seas and the streams, you may eat any that have fins and scales. But all creatures in the seas or streams that do not have fins and scales-whether among all the swarming things or among all the other living creatures in the water-you are to detest. And since you are to detest them, you must not eat their meat and you must detest their carcasses. Anything living in the water that does not have fins and scales is to be detestable to you.

" 'These are the birds you are to detest and not eat because they are detestable: the eagle, the vulture, the black vulture, the red kite, any kind of black kite, any kind of raven, the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk, the little owl, the cormorant, the great owl, the white owl, the desert owl, the osprey, the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat.

" 'All flying insects that walk on all fours are to be detestable to you. There are, however, some winged creatures that walk on all fours that you may eat: those that have jointed legs for hopping on the ground. Of these you may eat any kind of locust, katydid, cricket or grasshopper. But all other winged creatures that have four legs you are to detest.

" 'You will make yourselves unclean by these; whoever touches their carcasses will be unclean till evening. Whoever picks up one of their carcasses must wash his clothes, and he will be unclean till evening.

" 'Every animal that has a split hoof not completely divided or that does not chew the cud is unclean for you; whoever touches the carcass of any of them will be unclean. Of all the animals that walk on all fours, those that walk on their paws are unclean for you; whoever touches their carcasses will be unclean till evening. Anyone who picks up their carcasses must wash his clothes, and he will be unclean till evening. They are unclean for you.

" 'Of the animals that move about on the ground, these are unclean for you: the weasel, the rat, any kind of great lizard, the gecko, the monitor lizard, the wall lizard, the skink and the chameleon. Of all those that move along the ground, these are unclean for you. Whoever touches them when they are dead will be unclean till evening. When one of them dies and falls on something, that article, whatever its use, will be unclean, whether it is made of wood, cloth, hide or sackcloth. Put it in water; it will be unclean till evening, and then it will be clean. If one of them falls into a clay pot, everything in it will be unclean, and you must break the pot. Any food that could be eaten but has water on it from such a pot is unclean, and any liquid that could be drunk from it is unclean. Anything that one of their carcasses falls on becomes unclean; an oven or cooking pot must be broken up. They are unclean, and you are to regard them as unclean. A spring, however, or a cistern for collecting water remains clean, but anyone who touches one of these carcasses is unclean. If a carcass falls on any seeds that are to be planted, they remain clean. But if water has been put on the seed and a carcass falls on it, it is unclean for you.

" 'If an animal that you are allowed to eat dies, anyone who touches the carcass will be unclean till evening. Anyone who eats some of the carcass must wash his clothes, and he will be unclean till evening. Anyone who picks up the carcass must wash his clothes, and he will be unclean till evening.

" 'Every creature that moves about on the ground is detestable; it is not to be eaten. You are not to eat any creature that moves about on the ground, whether it moves on its belly or walks on all fours or on many feet; it is detestable. Do not defile yourselves by any of these creatures. Do not make yourselves unclean by means of them or be made unclean by them. I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. Do not make yourselves unclean by any creature that moves about on the ground. I am the LORD who brought you up out of Egypt to be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy.

" 'These are the regulations concerning animals, birds, every living thing that moves in the water and every creature that moves about on the ground. You must distinguish between the unclean and the clean, between living creatures that may be eaten and those that may not be eaten.' "

So. You can't eat lobster or crawfish. Or pork.

So why just pick at the verses against homosexuals? Oh, by the way. Christians do not have to follow Levitican Law.

Acts 10:10-16, NIV
He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of fourfooted animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."

“Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

Suddenly the animals aren't unclean. But, some people don't seem to appreciate the double meaning behind this dream. So, straight from Christ's mouth is this:

Mark 7:14-19, NIV
Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him 'unclean.' "

After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. "Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")

That's right. Christ said it. All the foods are officially clean.

Oh, and here.

Acts 15:24-29, NIV
We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul– men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell.

If you are Christian, you are not to follow the Levitican laws, as mentioned in Acts 15. If you are Jewish, either follow all the laws, or just realize that you're not doing so hot as a Jew and don't follow any.

Let us not forget the verses Collosians 2:14 and Hebrews 7:18 either.

Collosians 2:14, NIV
having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.

Hebrews 7:18, NIV
The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless

Who are we to negate the sacrifice of Christ?

TL;DR Christians don't follow Leviticus, and if you're making this argument you had better be against everything else covered in this book, as well.

I've also seen an argument against Leviticus based on translation and cultural differences, but I don't have that link saved on this computer. I'll post it when I get home, if you're interested.

the person I quoted said that the bible did not speak against homosexuality when it does. I am not agaisnt gay marriage I have small problems with "gay Christians" However we all have things we are working out with God and that is between them and God. I have no room to judge because I am no where near perfect. As far as levitican law I have been reading and noticed that all of it falls under 2 catergories.

the first is physically unclean meaning spreading illness at the time it was written. Topics like pork when pigs were fed garbage fall under this. As well as bodily fluid to include period blood. If you think about back they didn't have pads so they just bled all over the place it would have been rather gross. There was no knowlage of illness or STDs back then so to say that someing is religiously unclean was listened to more. Many of these things should still be listened. We shouldn't eat the fat of animals its rather unhealthy this as been proven as well as drinking blood. However we are not required to by law

The other catorgory is cultural. This is where you need to put things in context. At the time of levitican law people trimmed their hair and beard...as well as got tattoos in worship of heathen Gods. It was unheard of to just cut your hair for the sake of it I mean what a waste it would just grow back and scissors had yet to be invented. Now if you shave an image of a hand with the middle finger up into your head or get a pin up tattoo I don't think God would be too pleased with that. But cutting your hair for the sake of cutting it or getting a tattoo in worship of God probably won't bother him. I could be wrong though.

The problem is that in the new testament in multiple place (I don't have my bible with me right now but I will referance later) it lists homosexuality in the list of the sexually immoral.

Also read my first post. I am Okay with gay marriage and I stated why and yes it is purely theological.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:06 pm
froggymama89
the person I quoted said that the bible did not speak against homosexuality when it does.

She was asking where it said that gay marriage was a sin, and you responded with a verse that doesn't apply to Christians. I figure that's worth pointing out.

Not to mention, look at the verses in question:
Leviticus 18:22, NIV
Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Leviticus 20:13, NIV
If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

There's... absolutely nothing there about lesbians. You can't really use this as proof that homosexuality is a sin if half of the group is ignored.

froggymama89
I am not agaisnt gay marriage I have small problems with "gay Christians" However we all have things we are working out with God and that is between them and God. I have no room to judge because I am no where near perfect.

I don't really get how this works in general. 'I'm not supposed to judge, but this is wrong and you shouldn't do it?'

That's getting off-topic, though...

froggymama89
As far as levitican law I have been reading and noticed that all of it falls under 2 catergories.

the first is physically unclean meaning spreading illness at the time it was written. Topics like pork when pigs were fed garbage fall under this. As well as bodily fluid to include period blood. If you think about back they didn't have pads so they just bled all over the place it would have been rather gross. There was no knowlage of illness or STDs back then so to say that someing is religiously unclean was listened to more. Many of these things should still be listened. We shouldn't eat the fat of animals its rather unhealthy this as been proven as well as drinking blood. However we are not required to by law

The other catorgory is cultural. This is where you need to put things in context. At the time of levitican law people trimmed their hair and beard...as well as got tattoos in worship of heathen Gods. It was unheard of to just cut your hair for the sake of it I mean what a waste it would just grow back and scissors had yet to be invented. Now if you shave an image of a hand with the middle finger up into your head or get a pin up tattoo I don't think God would be too pleased with that. But cutting your hair for the sake of cutting it or getting a tattoo in worship of God probably won't bother him. I could be wrong though.

Got that link. Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 are covered from a cultural context there.

I don't think homosexuality in and of itself would fall under "physically unclean" laws; if it's to prevent sickness/STDs, it'd be more of a general 'don't commit adultery'-type thing (since both heterosexual and homosexual couples can spread STDs). I could be mistaken, though.

froggymama89
The problem is that in the new testament in multiple place (I don't have my bible with me right now but I will referance later) it lists homosexuality in the list of the sexually immoral.

These verses, by any chance?

froggymama89
Also read my first post. I am Okay with gay marriage and I stated why and yes it is purely theological.

I'm just just focusing on the idea that homosexuality is a sin from a theological perspective. The only thing I really have to comment on in your first post is that, since people are born gay, I've never understood why God would create the person with this sin. There's temptations, and there's just being unfair.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:17 am
Zephyrkitty
froggymama89
the person I quoted said that the bible did not speak against homosexuality when it does.

She was asking where it said that gay marriage was a sin, and you responded with a verse that doesn't apply to Christians. I figure that's worth pointing out.

Not to mention, look at the verses in question:
Leviticus 18:22, NIV

Leviticus 20:13, NIV
If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

There's... absolutely nothing there about lesbians. You can't really use this as proof that homosexuality is a sin if half of the group is ignored.

froggymama89
I am not agaisnt gay marriage I have small problems with "gay Christians" However we all have things we are working out with God and that is between them and God. I have no room to judge because I am no where near perfect.

I don't really get how this works in general. 'I'm not supposed to judge, but this is wrong and you shouldn't do it?'

That's getting off-topic, though...

froggymama89
As far as levitican law I have been reading and noticed that all of it falls under 2 catergories.

Got that link. Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 are covered from a cultural context there.

I don't think homosexuality in and of itself would fall under "physically unclean" laws; if it's to prevent sickness/STDs, it'd be more of a general 'don't commit adultery'-type thing (since both heterosexual and homosexual couples can spread STDs). I could be mistaken, though.

froggymama89

These verses, by any chance?

froggymama89

I'm just just focusing on the idea that homosexuality is a sin from a theological perspective. The only thing I really have to comment on in your first post is that, since people are born gay, I've never understood why God would create the person with this sin. There's temptations, and there's just being unfair.

because being a homosexual is not sin acting on those desires is. We are all born sinners its just that some are frowned down upon by the church more than others. From a very early age we have a very strong desire to snatch and keep what we want. If we were to act upon that desire we would be stealing which is sin. But everyone from an early age has the "oh I want that tingle."

As far as judgement while i know its the lords I can't help but be a little uncomfortable with sin. That said I'm not going to say anything I keep my discomfort to myself. As far as your link some translations say "homosexuals, adulters." there is a long list of sexual sin in leviticus to include men lying with men right after this it says for women not to lie with women. In this list it also includes not screwing animals. But I guess if all levitcan law in null and void I can ******** my cat.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:20 pm
froggymama89
because being a homosexual is not sin acting on those desires is. We are all born sinners its just that some are frowned down upon by the church more than others. From a very early age we have a very strong desire to snatch and keep what we want. If we were to act upon that desire we would be stealing which is sin. But everyone from an early age has the "oh I want that tingle."

Okay, let me rephrase this:
One of the basic messages of Christianity is love. The Bible really stresses the importance of love every so often.
Because of this, the message comes across as 'love is great, except that your love is actually horrible. Even if I made you that way to begin with, you shouldn't love others.'

This gets even worse when you factor in things like the idea that God has created someone perfect for everyone and that they're supposed to be together. Except the gays; them being together is actually really bad.

Like I said before, there's temptation, and then there's making someone in a way that their feelings go completely contrary to what is encouraged of everyone else. And then having them still be encouraged as a kid because no one realizes that they're gay until around puberty.

froggymama89
As far as judgement while i know its the lords I can't help but be a little uncomfortable with sin. That said I'm not going to say anything I keep my discomfort to myself.

Fair enough.

froggymama89
As far as your link some translations say "homosexuals, adulters."

*facepalm*

Did you ever learn a foreign language? You ever try translating something in that language to English (or vice versa)? I can guarantee that something was affected; it's a fact of life with translating. Sometimes we don't have an equivalent word, or several very different words get translated the same way, etc. And this is with modern languages where we can consult native speakers and whatnot.

If 'malakoi' and 'arsenokoitai' don't translate to 'homosexuals' to begin with (which is the argument made in that link), some translations using that anyway doesn't make these verses suddenly apply to homosexuality. Just like with a translation of anything else.

froggymama89
there is a long list of sexual sin in leviticus to include men lying with men right after this it says for women not to lie with women.

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=leviticus 18&version=NIV]Leviticus 18:21-23, NIV[/url]
Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molech, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the LORD.

Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=leviticus 20&version=NIV]Leviticus 20:12-14, NIV[/url]
If a man sleeps with his daughter-in-law, both of them must be put to death. What they have done is a perversion; their blood will be on their own heads.

If a man marries both a woman and her mother, it is wicked. Both he and they must be burned in the fire, so that no wickedness will be among you.

...Um, yeah.

Trust me, if 'men shouldn't sleep with other men' had been followed by 'women shouldn't sleep with other women', I'd have mentioned it to begin with. Knowingly ignoring verses makes my argument look bad.

That said, if there is a verse in Leviticus that mentions that women shouldn't have sex with women and everyone just ignores it for some reason, please post and cite it. I'd rather get corrected now than make myself look bad later.

froggymama89
In this list it also includes not screwing animals. But I guess if all levitcan law in null and void I can ******** my cat.

EDIT:
Assuming that parts of Leviticus do still apply, and it includes the verses on homosexuality mentioned earlier, there's still the issue of the verses being too specific to work as a blanket ban, as well as it being possible that the verses are in regards to idolatry.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Violent Posture

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:36 am
Momo The Strange
This is how I see it. If I want to get married, be it to a man or woman, no one is telling me I can't.
Or I'll flip out like a ninja on them.

Best statement ever.
Like I lol'd for ages.

Basic human rights to be treated equal.
No ones telling me I cant do something because of something I can't control.
So go suck a lemon hatursss talk2hand

OH and stop boiling it down to christianity, have the cahoots to make your own opinion and not the one thats been drilled into your head. <3

Mucho Lovo x  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:38 am
I have to agree with the people who say that gay marriage is against God's laws. I, for one, do not believe it to be right. If God says that he does not want this, then I do not want this. Yes, I do believe that each person should be able to choose, but in truth, it is a sin, as the users quoteing Leviticus have noted. In Romans 14:11 it says "For the Scriptures say, 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow to me and every tongue will confess allegiance to God.'" This means that you will have to confess every sin that you've commited to God on the judgement day, whenever that may be. Do you really want to add gay marriage to that list?  

libby4554

Violent Posture

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:43 am
libby4554
I have to agree with the people who say that gay marriage is against God's laws. I, for one, do not believe it to be right. If God says that he does not want this, then I do not want this. Yes, I do believe that each person should be able to choose, but in truth, it is a sin, as the users quoteing Leviticus have noted. In Romans 14:11 it says "For the Scriptures say, 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow to me and every tongue will confess allegiance to God.'" This means that you will have to confess every sin that you've commited to God on the judgement day, whenever that may be. Do you really want to add gay marriage to that list?

Oh my word.
I need to leave this thread before nasty words fly.
You my dear, have no idea.

If anyone says I need to be tolerent of her views well get fecked.
I refuse to allow someone to call me a sin over something WE CAN'T CONTROL.

STOP QUOTING THE BIBLE.
GROW A PAIR AND MAKE YOUR OWN OPINION.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:48 am
Violent Posture
Momo The Strange
This is how I see it. If I want to get married, be it to a man or woman, no one is telling me I can't.
Or I'll flip out like a ninja on them.

Best statement ever.
Like I lol'd for ages.

Basic human rights to be treated equal.
No ones telling me I cant do something because of something I can't control.
So go suck a lemon hatursss talk2hand

OH and stop boiling it down to christianity, have the cahoots to make your own opinion and not the one thats been drilled into your head. <3

Mucho Lovo x

"Boiling it down to Christianity" is quoteing facts, like the rules say it's a good thing to do.

crying This is kind of off topic, yet on topic at the same time, but I find it really depressing oon how far the human race has drifted from God... Hello guys! He made you! Why can't you appreciate that and do what he tells you for once? Oh yeah, never mind. Pride. Wanting to be in control. Just let the wiser guy take the lead. Let the horse pull the cart instead of the other way around.  

libby4554

libby4554

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:51 am
Violent Posture
libby4554

Oh my word.
I need to leave this thread before nasty words fly.
You my dear, have no idea.

If anyone says I need to be tolerent of her views well get fecked.
I refuse to allow someone to call me a sin over something WE CAN'T CONTROL.

STOP QUOTING THE BIBLE.
GROW A PAIR AND MAKE YOUR OWN OPINION.

Actually, I don't mean to be rude, but you are the one with no idea.

Why you are very right, we can't control it. We need God's help.

NOTE: Debating is more fact than opinion, and as I recall, this forum is called "Debating".  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:58 am
I say that it's ok. People are like that, and if we are prejudice against them, we are no better than the people who were prejudice against African-Americans a long time ago.  

Sioga

Eloquent Genius

libby4554

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:03 am
Sioga
I say that it's ok. People are like that, and if we are prejudice against them, we are no better than the people who were prejudice against African-Americans a long time ago.

Indeed, but I am not trying to be prejudice here. I am merely stating the facts.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:13 am
Yay! It is inhumane to deny individuals a right. If we are going to deny rights based on ridiculous reasoning, should we revert back to slavery? If a person's lifestyle is not harming someone then there is no need to punish a person based on gender, race, or sexual orientation. That is just pathetic.  

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

libby4554

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:24 am
AmberElric
Yay! It is inhumane to deny individuals a right. If we are going to deny rights based on ridiculous reasoning, should we revert back to slavery? If a person's lifestyle is not harming someone then there is no need to punish a person based on gender, race, or sexual orientation. That is just pathetic.

We are not useing "ridiculous reasoning". You guys seem to be fine with gay marriage, but not with the Christians here being Christians, or quoteing the Bible! You are being hipocrits! Forget this... It's pointless! You guys are being so DENSE...You're blind...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:47 am
libby4554
I have to agree with the people who say that gay marriage is against God's laws. I, for one, do not believe it to be right. If God says that he does not want this, then I do not want this. Yes, I do believe that each person should be able to choose, but in truth, it is a sin, as the users quoteing Leviticus have noted. In Romans 14:11 it says "For the Scriptures say, 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow to me and every tongue will confess allegiance to God.'"

Re-read my posts. I was saying that the Bible verses used to condemn homosexuality are not as straight-forward as people claim they are, to the point that you really can't argue that homosexuality is a sin.

libby4554
This means that you will have to confess every sin that you've commited to God on the judgement day, whenever that may be. Do you really want to add gay marriage to that list?

Sure. God and Jesus seem to push love in general quite a bit, so I don't see how my loving a woman would be any different from your loving a man.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:11 pm
libby4554
AmberElric

We are not useing "ridiculous reasoning". You guys seem to be fine with gay marriage, but not with the Christians here being Christians, or quoteing the Bible! You are being hipocrits! Forget this... It's pointless! You guys are being so DENSE...You're blind...

The problem with 'gay marriage shouldn't be allowed because Christianity views homosexuality as a sin' is that not everyone in America is Christian (and some Americans who are don't believe it to be a sin anyway). You cannot force your religious beliefs on everyone, so you need a different argument if you're trying to, say, get a law passed that bans gay marriages.

And for the record, if there was a group that was attempting to ban straight marriages for religious reasons, I would say the same thing to them.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff