Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coffee Stains & Crumpled Paper -- A Writers Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for writers of all kinds. 

Tags: writing, prose, poetry, writers, reading 

Reply Archives
[Prose] Where in the World? [Contest] OVER Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you stay on the train?
No
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Yes
90%
 90%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 22

fallenangel_Asha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:25 am
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
fallenangel_Asha
My Last Train Ride

very good
Why thank you, I appreciate it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:35 pm
fallenangel_Asha
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
fallenangel_Asha
My Last Train Ride

very good
Why thank you, I appreciate it.

No problem. It was a really powerful story.  

Jedit Ojanen of Efrava

Alanora Calaran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:00 am
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
Alanora Calaran
Oh my gosh, more entries! I'm currently about 3/4 through the story now; I finally came up with a good idea! The good news is it's already over 1,000 words. The bad news is it's going to be around 4,000 words. XD

you need to hurry up!!! no just kidding. good things take time!

Speaking of taking time, holy crap I got busy! But I just got a new job, so totally worth it. This story is almost done. ALMOST. Frigging...taking me forever to write it!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:53 pm
WOO Competion! should I be scared?  

Jedit Ojanen of Efrava

Alanora Calaran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:02 pm
Yes, be afraid, for I have finished, mwahaha! Although my prediction was off; it ended up being 5,000 words instead of 4,000. =/ But yay, now I can read other entries! ^_^

Otherworld Effects

Word count: 5,196
Prompt: 3

This morning had started out just like every other: I had woken up in a wash of panic with a large headache, staring at a white ceiling. Where was I? I felt, as I always do after sleeping, that I had been roused from an entirely separate life into a world of unfamiliarity. As I sat up on the edge of the plush bed trying to figure out just what I was doing in this room a knock sounded on the door.

“Shauna!” shouted a high-pitched voice. “We’re going to be late for school!”

We were? Was my name Shauna, or was that who this person was expecting to find? Where did I go to school? Who was on the other side of the door? Warily I padded across the room to open it, and when I did I saw a petite girl staring up at me, her brown eyes as round as dinner plates. I concentrated hard on her face, trying to recall her name. Nope. It wasn’t coming to me. While I had been staring at her, though, her expression transformed into one of impatience.

“Mom sent me up to get you. Come on, lazy bones. Get dressed! I’m assuming you still know how to do that.” She pushed me back inside and started pulling clothes out of the large wooden dresser against the wall before tossing them at me. I caught them and just kept watching her, wondering if she was ever going to leave the room so that I could in fact change my clothing. Finally she made her way to the door. “Hurry up. Come downstairs when you’re ready. Can you remember that much?”

“Yes,” I answered, shooting her an acidic look. Of course I could remember that much! How condescending of her! Then her name occurred to me. “Get out of here, Shayla!” And to my great surprise, she grinned before bounding out the door. And I hoped I could find my way downstairs.

Strolling into the bathroom that was attached to what I assumed to be my bedroom, I washed my face in the sink and stared at myself in the mirror. My frizzy black hair was all over the place. I found a hairbrush and managed to get it into a crude ponytail before inspecting the rest of my features. As I washed my face and stared back at my own pair of cloudy blue eyes, my memory slowly came back to me. I remembered that I had done my physics and pre-calculus homework last night. My boyfriend’s name was Luke. My best friend’s name was Natalie. It was December, and finals were soon. And I remembered that it had been like this every morning for the last three months; every time I woke up from sleep or a nap I could remember nothing until I became more alert and aware of my surroundings. The doctors thought it might be some sort of sleep disorder, but they couldn’t quite put their fingers on it. Oh well. I could live with it.

Once I had made sure I was ready for school I ventured through my house. Just like every morning the sight of it was comforting and familiar, from the faded blue wallpaper in the hallway to the stained ivory carpet in the living room. Even the kitchen’s black-and-white tile floor and bright yellow wallpaper was pleasing to my eyes this morning. I shuffled over to the cupboard by the fridge and grabbed a granola bar. “Hey, mom,” I said before stuffing it into my mouth. Shayla was packing her backpack at the small kitchen table with a tiny smile on her face.

“Shauna remembered my name earlier than usual this morning,” she commented, shoving a thin textbook into the bag. She had packed the thing so full that I didn’t know whether or not she would fall over backward when she put it on, and the mental image was enough to make me almost choke on my hurried breakfast. “Maybe the new medicine is working?” Her chocolate eyes shifted to my face, then back down to her backpack as she tugged the zippers closed.

“Maybe it is,” Mom replied, her back to us. Then she turned around with two brown paper bags and held them out. “Here’s your lunch, girls!”

“Thanks!” we exclaimed in unison, grabbing up our bags before heading to the door. I slipped my feet into a pair of tennies that were already tied and reached for the door handle.

“You okay to drive this morning?” When I turned around, I noticed Mom giving me this look of worried deliberation.

“Gas pedal’s on the right,” I replied. Then I winked at her and she laughed, and Shayla and I were out the front door. I blinked at the sudden brightness around me and realized with a pang of frustration that we were really going to have to get there fast if we wanted to be on time.

“C’mon, let’s book it,” Shayla said as she raced to my beat-up Saturn. I climbed into the driver’s seat and started it up, and before we knew it we were halfway there. I sped through a yellow light, but to my great dismay realized that the light ahead of us had turned red as well. Stupid city; one would think they’d know how to time these things! I waited impatiently, and the moment the light turned green I gunned the gas. The tires squealed. Before I even knew what was happening, Shayla was screaming and I had only to glance to my left to discover that a large SUV was hurtling toward us, obviously running his red light.

I settled into a kind of heightened awareness, and for me it seemed like the entire event was moving in slow-motion. My foot slammed instinctively against the brakes. I wanted to close my eyes, but it was like a grotesque horror scene that I just couldn’t look away from. So as I watched the thing come barreling at us, frozen like a deer in the headlights, I willed it to go in another direction. Just don’t hit us. Swerve. One moment the truck was swerving, and the next…it was jumping over the hood, like it had hit an invisible ramp just before it had hit our car. My head exploded with pain, and that was the last thing I remembered about the drive to school, because I’m pretty sure I passed out.

~*~

When I jerked awake, I remembered everything right away. That should have been the first sign that something was wrong. Usually I couldn’t remember anything until I’d at least brushed my teeth. Thinking on it again, maybe it was a sign that something had caused me to spontaneously recover from my alleged sleep disorder. But then again, I was in the hospital. And I knew it was the hospital, because I was hooked up to an IV and my family was gathered around me with faces that looked so relieved that I wondered what had happened.

“Oh, thank God,” Shayla cried, throwing herself on top of me. “I was so scared that you’d had a heart attack or something!”

“What? Why? That guy missed us!” I exclaimed.

“I know,” came another male voice from behind my parents and sister. I ducked my head around them, trying to see who the speaker was, but it wasn’t until my dad moved that I was able to see him. He was young, probably about my age, with shaggy brown hair and the guiltiest look on his face. I almost wanted to go and comfort him. “I’m sorry that I almost hit you. The truth is, I don’t really know what happened. I was running late for a job interview and I shouldn’t have run that red light.”

“Umm…” I trailed off, unable to think of a logical reply for this guy.

“You’re damn right you shouldn’t have run that red light! You almost killed someone,” my father said, looking more furious than I’d ever seen him. “Two someones!”

“I know. I’m sorry, Sir,” he replied. He looked so miserable!

“So what happened after I…uhh…passed out?” I cut in, trying to ease the tension in the room.

Shayla picked up on my uneasiness and launched into her account of things. “Well, Kyle got out of his truck”—she motioned to the guy sitting in the chair watching me with interest—“and asked if we were okay. When he noticed that you had passed out, he called an ambulance and here you are.”

“Where’s my car?” I asked, my heart quickening. Had it been towed?

“I called Mom and Dad and they drove it home.”

Oh. So that’s why my parents were so pissed. I was never going to drive again.

“What really confuses me is the fact that I went over you,” Kyle said with a thoughtful frown. “By all rights I should have plowed right into the side of your car.”

“Yeah, well, you didn’t.” I rubbed my head and then looked up at my parents. “Is there any way I can get some aspirin or something? I have a wicked headache.”

“I’ll go get the nurse,” Mom replied, passing her hand over my cheek before disappearing beyond the curtain that separated my ER room from the rest of the place. My dad bent down and kissed me on the forehead.

“I have to go to work. Your mother will stay here with you and take you home; she already called in.”

“All right. Sorry, Dad,” I said meekly, not wishing to dampen his mood any further. And when he was gone, Kyle stood and made his way over to my bedside.

“I’m really sorry,” he said, watching me the way someone might look at a pitiful animal. I just wanted him to stop.

“Let’s put this whole thing behind us,” I replied, trying to be amiable. This kid was probably a year older than I was if he was going to a job interview on a school day. He’d have graduated already. “Nobody got hurt.”

“I still feel bad about it,” he stated.

“So stop. I’m fine,” I snapped. Immediately I regretted it, but luckily the nurse came in with a couple Motrin and a glass of water. I sat up to take the pill cup from her and clamped a hand to the side of my head as the world spun around me. “Whoa. Sat up a little too fast.”

“It’s all right, honey. Just take them when you’re ready.” The nurse set the medicine down and assured me she’d be back within a few minutes to re-take my vitals now that I was awake. According to her, they’d taken a couple CT scans of my head and they were showing up perfect. So why had I just passed out like that? Whatever. Shayla’s hands were steadying me, and I heard her thanking Kyle again for having the presence of mind to call me an ambulance.

“It was the least I could do, really,” he said in reply. Then he looked at me again, his blue eyes swimming in my vision. “I really hope I didn’t give you an aneurism or something.”

“Highly unlikely,” I retorted. “My head can’t get much more messed up than it already is.”

Shayla laughed. Kyle did not. “Is there something wrong with your head?”

“She has memory problems,” Shayla stated before I could open my mouth. I felt a lot less dizzy now, but when I turned to grab the glass of water the nurse had left on the bedside table, I found that my arm was not long enough to reach it. It was only a couple inches from my fingertips, but no matter how I leaned I just couldn’t grab it. Come on, just a little further and I’ve got you. My sister noticed this and went to walk around the bed to retrieve it for me, but when she got halfway there something strange happened. The cup flew past my hand completely of its own accord and hit the wall, splashing cold wetness all over the place. The three of us sat there, staring at the wall in amazement.

“D-Did you just…?” Kyle stammered.

“…See that? Yeah, I thought I was hallucinating,” I supplied. “What happened?”

“Is there a ghost in here?” Shayla asked, her voice shaking.

“Don’t be ridiculous; there’s no such thing,” I scolded. But I felt like something weird was going on, even though there had to be some logical explanation for it.

Like Kyle’s truck and the invisible ramp. And this terrible headache. And the feeling of pure panic that had just gripped me. Don’t connect the incidents, my conscience urged. That was an odd thing to think; why would I connect those two incidents? The headache could have easily been from the strangeness of the entire experience. I looked wistfully at the Styrofoam cup lying on the floor. I had wanted that water to take my pills. And just as I was wishing that I had another cup to put water in, the cup floated up from the ground and moved to the sink. Then the tap’s handle turned and the cup filled itself. I could only gape at it as it made its way to my waiting hand, suddenly filled with a strong feeling of dread.

“Oh my god…” Shayla said, her eyes just as round as they’d been when I’d first seen her this morning. “You did that, didn’t you? You made the truck fly and the water spill and then refill itself?”

No. You did not control those events, my mind told me. My brain seemed to be protesting a lot of things today. I quickly took the pills before anything else happened that would prevent me from doing so and hoped they would work quickly. “No! I have no idea what you’re talking about!” When I tried to appeal to Kyle I quickly realized that he looked to be of the same mind as Shayla. I had only been thinking of how much I wanted water! Not thinking about refilling the cup! Didn’t you have to think about what you were doing if you were going to do it?

“Try moving the table,” Shayla whispered urgently. I reached over and gave it a push with the heel of my hand. It rolled a few feet away, out of my reach.

“Done,” I proclaimed, raising my eyebrow at her.

She wasn’t going to stop. “Try and pull it back to you. And don’t get up! Do it with your head.”

“You don’t actually believe in this stuff, do you? People can’t move things with their minds.” I rolled my eyes at her.

“Just try it, Shauna!” she pleaded.

“All right, to fulfill some girlish fantasy you have that you know someone with super powers, I shall now attempt to pull the table to me using only my mind.” I said that last part extravagantly, like I was some magician on stage. Then I threw my hand out theatrically toward the table like I was going to catch it when it came to me. “Come on, table,” I said sarcastically. “I’m waiting.” Come to my hand, I heard in my head. Wait a minute, I hadn’t thought that! I was just saying it to appease my little sister! To my great horror, my head throbbed and the table rolled obediently toward me, stopping when it bumped my palm.

“Oh my god!” Shayla squealed. I gave her a look that quieted her instantly. Now her voice was a conversational whisper. “You have telepathy!”

“You idiot, telepaths can hear the thoughts of others. What you’re thinking of is telekinesis.” I’d read enough paranormal novels to know the difference.

“Well, whatever. You have it,” she shot back indignantly.

Did I? I looked at a can of individually wrapped tongue depressors by the sink and flung my hand out again, asking it in my head to come to me. And it did. It floated through the air and came to rest in my palm. Then I told it to go back to the counter, and it floated back. And I passed out again.

~*~

I had a feeling that I was going to get caught at any moment. I was desperately trying to send out a message to my superiors, to tell them that I’d been discovered and I needed to be rescued. I didn’t want to die! The response that came back to me was just a picture. It was a view from above, like a satellite photograph, of a field out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by mountains. I knew this place somehow and I had to get to it, no matter what. Three days. That’s all the time it would take for them to arrive. In the meantime, I had to figure out how to make my puppeteer into the puppet.

I woke up in a cold sweat, my head throbbing out a silent cadence that made me want to punch someone’s lights out. My mom informed me that I had been cleared to go home once I woke up and gave me my clothes and my privacy. Deciding that I wanted to check on the day’s earlier hallucination, I set the clothes on the bed and ordered my shirt to hover in the air in front of me. When it rose at my mental command I grinned; so it had been real, after all. I had telekinesis. Why hadn’t I discovered it until today? Was it the new medicine? Was it the near-death incident? I didn’t know, and I resigned myself to the fact that I wasn’t likely to find out anytime soon.

After I’d dressed in my street clothes and received my discharge papers I left the ER behind. It was already noon, and my mom refused to let me go back to school today. Shayla was fine, however, and mom drove her to school right after she dropped me off at home. So I had the rest of the day to myself to look at random satellite pictures on the internet. I knew the place I’d seen was somewhere nearby, and I couldn’t help but wonder why it had appeared to me in such an ambiguous dream. The only option was to go there in three days and see if anything happened, right? Right, my mind answered, and a feeling of calm came over me. Yes, that’s what I would do.

~*~

When Shayla got home from school she informed me that Kyle had left her with his cell phone number and instructions to call him if it ended up that I was seriously hurt. I was exceedingly bored from my house arrest. After a few fruitless hours of searching for the place I’d seen in my dream I’d looked up some lolcats on the internet, done a little Google searching for telekinesis and in the end come up with nothing worthwhile to show for it. But I had managed to clean my room without leaving my computer chair. That had been cool, just watching my stuff float to its destination without having to bend to pick it up or stretch to put it away. I had also organized my closet. Then I had taken a nap, because it gave me a headache.

“So Kyle? I thought he was cute. You should totally call him. I think he’s your type.” Shayla grinned at me as I sat groggily on the living room couch.

“What? Shayla, he’s worried that he might have hurt me; there’s no reason for me to call him otherwise.” Why was she being so annoying today? “Seriously, are you trying to set me up with him? Because I’ve already got a boyfriend, remember?”

She didn’t answer. When I turned back around, Shayla whispered, “I don’t like Luke. He’s an a*****e. You’re much better off with a nice guy.”

“Shut up. Luke is not an a*****e,” I said without taking my eyes away from the television.

“I never said that!” Shayla whined, moving closer.

“You totally did, just a second ago!” I replied, now turning to look at her again. Her eyes were wider than they’d been at the hospital.

“What, now you can read my mind too?!”

Our eyes locked. And I watched in horror as her mouth remained closed and her jealousy washed over me.

“I guess so,” I replied weakly.

“Well, he’s an a*****e,” she snapped, crossing her dainty arms over her chest. I stood up, angry that she’d insulted my boyfriend.

“He is not! He’s perfectly nice!”

Shayla was thinking about Luke trying to get into her best friend’s pants just last week, and how mad that had made her. It only intensified my anger, because I knew it couldn’t be true.

“Oh my God, stop it! That’s not true!”

“It is too! He’s a creep!”

I was so angry I started shaking. The TV screen flickered. The house groaned. And then there was panic, and it froze us both in place. Had I just done that? My headache returned full-force. And—damn it all—I passed out again.

~*~

This is beginning to get old very fast, I thought to myself as I grabbed the back of the couch and hauled myself upright. Mom was home, and Dad was sitting in the chair next to me, watching me with a face that conveyed his concern as surely as his thoughts did. Thoughts which I could now read, warring with each other. Should he let me drive in this condition? How was Shayla going to get to school in the morning? Would I even be going to school tomorrow? Should he call the doctor again? No, I was fine; this could just be normal. I shook my head, trying to dispel his thoughts.

Then I caught Mom’s as she swept into the room. Why hadn’t Dad told her I was awake? Did I have a fever? Was I sick somehow? Did I remember her name? Mental alarms were going off in her head, and I realized how worried they must have been for me. I looked at Mom and said, “sorry for making you worry, Mom. You too, Dad,” I amended, smiling sheepishly at my father. “I’m okay now. Just hungry.”

Mom calmed down a little. “Dinner’s almost ready. Let me feel your forehead, sweetie.” She reached down and rested the back of her hand against my temple. I just sat there and let her do it, knowing that she wouldn’t rest well until she knew I was better. “You feel cool,” she announced. I felt both of my parents relax a little. Well that was good, at least.

I tried to convince my parents at the dinner table that I was okay to go to school tomorrow. “We’ll see in the morning,” was all Mom said on the subject. She was skeptical. I was just glad at this point that none of her china plates had flown off the dining room’s wall when I’d had that argument with Shayla earlier. Who, by the way, looked like she’d rather kill me than talk to me at the present moment.

~*~

I was having a conversation with someone I couldn’t see.

“Mi pal miliar,” I said. I understood this. It meant, “I am weak.”

“Grindal min du largal mit,” a male voice answered. “Bear with it a little longer.”

“Mi hiki nil skrat du lixil mi pal stinti!” I cried. “I cannot survive its power; I am breaking!” I was desperate. I didn’t want to die! I had to go home!

“Enul man justi,” the voice replied. “We are coming.”

~*~

Mom hadn’t proclaimed me well enough for school until two days later. I was excited to get back to normality but dreading my course-work; I’d fallen behind in my classes, and now I had to play catch-up. If I had been absent any longer I would have had to have someone get my homework so I could do it at home. And that would have been pleasant.

However, as I walked through the front doors of my high school with my sister, a thousand different voices were talking in my head at once. I wasn’t anticipating this. I really hadn’t thought my abilities would make me listen to everyone’s thoughts at once, but apparently that was the challenge of the day. I started telling them to shut up as I travelled to my locker, and to my great surprise they did. The only voices that remained were the ones I tried to listen to. This wouldn’t be so bad.

Except it was. I learned in third period that Luke had indeed been trying to hook up with Shayla’s best friend…and Rose Canton…and Halley Kingston…and Paula…I didn’t need to know any more. I shut his voice out and resolved to break up with him when lunch rolled around. I’d apologize to Shayla later.

The only good thing that happened all day was the fact that I got a perfect score on my sixth period pop quiz by combing the teacher’s mind for the answers. By the end of the day, I felt invincible. Nobody could hurt me. Nobody could bully me. I could rule this place if I wanted to. Hell, I could rule the world if I was so inclined. When I got home I flopped onto my bed with the intention of getting my homework done. Instead, I passed out.

~*~

I woke up and I was standing outside. All around me there was brownish dust, and it clung to me like I was wearing a suit made of cling wrap. The sun was sinking below the mountains to the left, painting the sky a riot of different colors. The only plants on this high plateau were scrubby little bushes, which was no surprise because the wind up here was nearly intolerable. I didn’t know how I’d gotten here or where exactly I was, but the hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end. This was the place I had dreamed about. My hair whipped around my face as I turned around, trying to find out how to get down from this place. I was getting hungry and more than a little nervous.

But as I turned my head toward my shadow, I saw something—large was the only way to really describe it—flying toward me. It wasn’t like any aircraft I’d ever seen, though it looked like it was made of some kind of shiny metal and had track lighting of some sort. It touched down close by, and I wanted to scream and run away. But my body was pulling me in the direction of the craft. Just what the hell is going on here? Stop! My mental command didn’t work. I tried to dig my heels into the ground. To my great surprise, I started floating toward the thing. And then a door opened on the craft and something large and insectile came out of it. It was a dark brown color and looked amazingly similar to a giant praying mantis, the only exceptions being that its front legs ended in long spindly fingers and its head was shaped like a canine’s. And clutched in its hands—for lack of a better relative term—was what looked like a large brown fox. The thing was struggling in the insect’s grip, bucking wildly.

And then I heard the voice in my head again.

“Enul manti jus,” it said. I didn’t understand it this time, but I started to think that this thing was really not all that scary after all. So I replied to it in my head, wondering if it could understand me. I tried to tell it without words that I was confused and wondered why they were there. The giant mantis-thing tilted its head at me, then lowered itself so that its eyes were level with mine. This time I got a picture back; it was a picture of me, and a glowing thing crawling into my ear, and then another picture of me, in this exact place, with a glowing thing crawling out of my ear and entering the fox-thing’s ear. And then it was followed up by a picture of the craft leaving me behind on this plateau in the middle of nowhere. I tried to make sense of it all. There was something in my ear?

I am leaving you, said the voice in my head. I am sorry that I came to spy on your people. Your minds are too strong for us to tame. We will not bother you again. What? I already didn’t understand what was going on, and now my own brain was telling me it had had enough? No, it corrected. I am called “Kihala”. In your tongue, it means “scout.” I was sent to facilitate an occupation. Your people are not suitable hosts for our kind. You nearly killed me.

Oh. I guess that explained the telepathy and telekinesis. But I didn’t want that to go away; I’d just begun to appreciate it! And besides, how was I supposed to get home without anything to rely on? Was this thing—Kihala, I corrected—really going to leave me here to die? I didn’t have time to think it over, though. Suddenly I got really dizzy and felt my eyes starting to roll back in my head. So I sat down and slapped my cheek, willing myself to stay awake. The mantis-thing came closer with the fox-thing, and I felt something warm brush my ear. Then there was a glowing worm-like thing floating away from me. I watched as it entered the fox-thing’s ear and disappeared. After a couple minutes the fox-thing stopped struggling and the mantis-thing put it on the ground. And I knew that Kihala had left me.

And as disappointed as I was at my return to normality, I was equally surprised when the realization dawned on me that I had unwittingly stopped an alien invasion. Cool. “Kihala, I hope you are happy,” I said aloud to the fox thing, sure it was inside the animal. “Tell your friend thank you for not invading us.”

I heard its thoughts as clearly as I had before. “I attached a tiny part of me to your brain before I left, and rearranged a couple things. You should be able to lift small things and read the thoughts of others still. You were not far away from those powers naturally. Use them wisely. Goodbye.”

And with that, the strange things went back into the craft and it lifted into the air, hurtling away until it was nothing but a speck in the growing night sky. As I turned away and walked to the edge of the plateau, I realized a few things. I had no idea where I was, how I had gotten here or how to get home. I couldn’t wait to tell Kyle and Shayla about this. But there were more important matters to attend to right now. Like how much my ear itched.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:56 pm
Another entry, woohoo! Glad to see you did finish Alanora.

Now I've got another one to read!  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Alanora Calaran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:10 pm
I told ya I would! ^_^

Sorry I've been inactive here lately...we just got new kitties and they've had lots of doctor appointments, and I also got a new job, so I've been busy. About the only place I've been with any regularity is the NaNo thread! D:

I'll be more active in a week or so, promise!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:56 pm
Alanora Calaran

Otherworld Effects

Wow! I honestly think that is the best story I have read on Gaia so far! Great job! Super original, very creative, and well written! biggrin  

fallenangel_Asha

Alanora Calaran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:12 pm
fallenangel_Asha
Alanora Calaran

Otherworld Effects

Wow! I honestly think that is the best story I have read on Gaia so far! Great job! Super original, very creative, and well written! biggrin

Wow, really? O_o That's flattering! I haven't ever been complimented like that before. I had fun while writing this one; probably the most fun I've had writing a short in a while.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:55 pm
Huh, sounds like it'll be a good read, I'll get to reading it later.

You do realize that if it's better than mine, I'll have to both destroy you and write up an even better story, right?  

Kelethor
Crew

Alanora Calaran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:47 pm
D: I don't want to be destroyed! *goes to litter her story with grammatical errors*  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:27 pm
Alanora Calaran
fallenangel_Asha
Alanora Calaran

Otherworld Effects

Wow, really? O_o That's flattering! I haven't ever been complimented like that before. I had fun while writing this one; probably the most fun I've had writing a short in a while.

I'm inclined to agree. my only complaint is how often she passed out. I would think she'd get used to it after a little while. Excellent job, extremely well written, good grammar and spelling, this one's got it all.  

Evermore Reality

4,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Jedit Ojanen of Efrava

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:55 pm
Otherworld Effects

wow I liked it. And I disagree I dont think that anyone could have gotten used to an alien in their head.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:31 pm
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
Otherworld Effects

wow I liked it. And I disagree I dont think that anyone could have gotten used to an alien in their head.
I'm with Ojanen on this one...it seems to me that IF she were to get used to it...it would take much longer than a few days/week. Probably months...head pain can be a wicked thing...  

fallenangel_Asha

Jedit Ojanen of Efrava

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:45 pm
fallenangel_Asha
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
Otherworld Effects

I'm with Ojanen on this one...it seems to me that IF she were to get used to it...it would take much longer than a few days/week. Probably months...head pain can be a wicked thing...

Yeah I used to get migranes every sunday. Never got used to them it went on for months and months  
Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff