Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Theoretical question about the Emperor. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Emperor: Live, Die or Reincarnate?
Live
31%
 31%  [ 11 ]
Die
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
Reincarnate
40%
 40%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 35

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:23 pm
if another god is created (at the cost of the imperium) wouldn't that result in the strongest god yet?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:48 pm
Any one who believes the corpse that sits upon the golden throne is the Emperor is a blind fool to the Imperiums' propaganda.

Think about everything you know how how the final battle played out where the Emperor was supposedly mortally wounded to defeat Horus.

Think of who Horus was and what he was capable of, especially in having allied himself with the forces of Chaos.

Do you know what split the chapters in the first place? Have you come across different versions of the same story?

Think about the 'traitor legions' for a good long moment. While many have indeed submitted to chaos and mutated, others like the Iron Warriors fight it and chose cybernetics over mutation.

It is possible that one of the Imperium's darkest secrets, one which they have even kept from the loyal marine chapters is that The Emperor that we know to be on the golden throne, he who is only seen now by his servants and no one else... IS REALLY HORUS!!!

Really, think about everything that lead up to that final fight, what it was about and question it, question why so many chapters turned on their brothers and then were banished from Imperium. In that last battle, there is every possibility that Horus used the dark arts to swap bodies, minds or perhaps just used a powerful hallucination to convince on lookers that he was the emperor and saved him instead. The Traiter Legions no doubt know full well about this and were declared heretics and banished to keep the other chapters loyal through ignorant bliss as they would never take a heretics word over the 'Emperors' anyways.

There is of course the matter of that spell wearing off, don't you think people would notice? To avoid the truth getting out and considering how zealous the servants of the imperium are, it was made sure that only a select group would be care takers to the golden throne. This meant that with the entire imperium 'faithful' to the 'emperor' if one of the servants ever squeeled about who was actually on the throne, they'd be executed on sight for heresy. Everyone lives in ignorant bliss, faithful of their emperor and defend him without ever laying eyes on his true form.

If you don't believe me, ask yourself this, why do the Chaos Space Marines always furiously shout "DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!" when facing off against the so-called 'loyal servants of the emperor'?  

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:54 pm
good theory but there are some MAJOR flaws
1.the emperor prevents chaos from spilling inot the material realm,why would horus do this?
2. why would abaddon have horus's tallon?
3.why does the inquisition still exist?sition destroyed?

(i had to re-type this 5 times for spelling flaws,this keyboard is incredibly cramped,did i spell 'flaws' right?)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:11 pm
Or does the Imperium just make you think that?

1. Yes the 'emperor' does prevent that, why? To prevent the truth of who is from getting out!
2. Read what I said again, it is possible that it was a transfer of minds. Abby could have taken it from the dead body OR made a new one and just said it belonged to Horus, whose going to argue with a maniac like that?
3. They exist because they DON'T KNOW THE TRUTH. Seriously... did you read what I said? lol

Just FYI: I'm smiling and laughing while typing this because I've posed this theory times past in other forums and the retorts amuse the hell out of me. I'm not trying to be insulting at all, I just love the fictional debates that come out of 40k fluff.

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:16 pm
i appretiate your loyalty to chaos but i'm confused as hell.
oh,and all that chaos wants to do is spill daemons and monstoritys into the material realm,if i was a horus i'd leap at this oportunity with arms open.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:42 pm
So what you are implying is that the Emperor sacred god of the Imperium who can hold back the furies of the warp was vulnerable to s 'spell' that transferred his mind into Horus' body?

Have you read the Horus Heresy? And the gods of the warp want one thing with the material realm, total compliance...

Horus. Warmaster. Of. Chaos.

Would serve his gods and Allow this to happen.  

Alissindra

5,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:49 pm
Nice theory, but the Emperor is the strongest psyker in the universe, he is also the most/one of the most powerful souls in the warp. Although he might have been totally knackered by the fight with Horus, Horus would be tired aswell. Both could draw upon the powers of the warp, and just because Horus had the Chaos Gods, the Emperor had the powers of all the most powerful shamans on old Earth, which made Him. The shamans came together to make the Emperor, because they knew the threat of the Chaos gods, and they were slowly being killed off, so they came together to make Him.

Horus could not swap minds with the Emperor, because the Emperor destroyed the mind/body of Horus, in front of Dorn's eyes.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:07 pm
Horus is dead, the Emperor sits on the Golden Throne of Terra for all eternity, so sayeth Alan Merrett as penned in the official background book Horus Heresy - the Collected Visions.

edit.

As for the Talon, it belongs to the terminator armour of Horus, Abaddon tore it off after he rampaged through the ship upon Horus' death, so strong was the psychic bond between him and his gene-father.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Ziegfried

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:26 pm
Admittedly i've not read the entire thread, so if I'm asking a repeat question, I apologize.

The current rule book calls this the twilight of the age of the imperium. Anyone else suspicious that 6th ed. sees the emperor dead, and chaos taking over, with only the staunchest, most loyal of Space Marines staying loyal remaining un-tainted?

To me that explains the rush to get really outdated chapter specific codices updated, and older books that need it being ignored.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:42 pm
Who ever said I was loyal to Chaos? I'd shoot them dead where they stand without another thought. I just like making up stories and seeing how far it'll be taken before the fluff police break out the citations lol.

In this particular case, they were on scene pretty fast. Kudos.  

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:02 pm
The Emperor won't die, the Imperium won't fall and so on and on, because it would invalidate a massive amount of armies and unlike say, Battle Tech's product history, GW has a very stagnant and set universe where retcon is rife and change is out of the question.

Sure, we are promised change, but all the big players will never change. Just look at the Armageddon campain, the outcome of the Eye of Terror campaign and what Medusa V did.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:57 pm
Hey now, don't be mean to Battletech, it had a good run. rofl

The fact of the matter is: Warhammer 40,000 is a game about humanity, written in the viewpoint of humanity, by humanity. There for no matter how horrible the situation, no matter how utterly impossible it may seem, humanity WILL survive, they WILL win against the bad guys and they WILL sell more plastic toys based on their stories. There is really not point in arguing that or any point in bring it up, we all know that its the sad truth of the matter.

But you know what? The Emperor could die and I'm being serious now. Think about it, how much longer can GW go on writing about the glorious Emperor and not eventually get really bored of it? Plot twists were invented for a reason and the death of the Emperor would certainly make for an interested turn of events. The darkest chapter of humanity ever starts to be written as faith staggers, loyalties break and chaos can finally reign supreme! Or can it? Would such an event force the cousins of the Eldar race to work together to face a common enemy at last and rebuild their empire? Would the orks see this universal war as the most fun ever, band together on a universal scale and over throw everyone? Would the hive fleets finally be able to penetrate imperial space on a massive scale and infest all in their path? Would the Tau take advantage of human colonies that have lost faith, guide them to the greater good and expand their empire? Would the Necrons, so incredibly disgusted by the hoards of fleshlings finally awaken all the tombs and purge the universe of the living once and for all?

These are all events that could be explored in great depth should they ever decide to kill the Emperor and yes, these examples are double headed. On the one hand like I suggest it is possible but on the other hand, GW may avoid it entirely due to how insanely hectic writing such could be. After all, every gamer who is loyal to a xenos army would be cheering on their faction and lets face it, you can't please everyone. So keeping the Emperor alive to avoid it may certainly and much to my disappointed, be the truth of it all.

And there, I've gone off on a crazy thought process and ended up shows two probabilities and wouldn't you know... admit that the easier way out is to keep that old fart of an emperor alive.... who is Horus in disguise! blaugh  

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:39 am
There's a reason I avoided this thread. No two.

Large walls of text and the requirement that you read up on all the old background and wear a tinfoil hat.

No thanks. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:34 am
Don't be such ******** a p***y Mac, just say what you want to say: stop being so stupid and just accept the fluff as it is. Not everything is super-secret evil with ten layers of secrecy built into it.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:10 am
Right deary, right.

As for Battle Tech, nothing bad about that one. From what I've heard they actually progress the background and things actually change over time, planets change hands, factions are destroyed and new ones are created. This is how a living game should work, sadly GW can't do it like this and refuses to do it like this.  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff