Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Breeding Thickets
King May Breedings CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kiara Lime

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:26 am
Name, owner, and image of mother: Tic Tac Toe (Kiara Lime and Caitlyn Hellstorm)
User Image
Name, owner, and image of father: Zaribe ( Rein Carnation)
User Image
Unedit?: Yes
Low Luck?: N/A
Co Ownership: In case there's a 3rd Basket Cait will get the 3rd one
This has been discussed last night and a new agreement was updated as well in the Mates and Permissions thread.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=31&t=2643386#131404036

What is the Zollverein? -snicker- : Zollerwhatizt O.o?!?!  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:43 am
Lady_Ivory_Feld
Sorry for being confused. I obviously still don't quite get it sweatdrop xd ...But if low luck really was for only dec and on to now, that would have been unfair for any couples who've tried for as many raffles last year as long as they could consecutively (and not every raffle is caught or people are on/available to enter.)

(The following is towards ///anyone/// with complaints or confusion)
The consecutive is going to stay and Im going to keep low luck, Ive been informed on how "confusing" or unfair or whatever it is, but this is ULTRA LOW LUCK this is for people who are really trying, if you entered a different pair in for one colorists breeding one month then you broke your chain and Im sorry. If you didnt enter anything at all, Im going to exscuse that, and I will go back and check, so people like Ivory are okay.

I cant change the "Rules" of low luck once this thing has started because thats even MORE unfair and wrong. If you dont like the way Im running it this time, then Im sorry... its one slot out of SEVEN. You have more of a chance being in open and unedit than low luck so..

TLDR; Sorry for the tight a** rule but theres no way that I can change it now =[ Anyone who hasnt entered a single couple in those "gaps" will still be counted
AND IM NOT ADDING ANYMORE EXCEPTION RULES OKAY GUYS BE HAPPY  

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

Iokabrenna

Tricky Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:27 am
Alright, I get it now. Once again, I'm really sorry. I'm not trying to raise hell or anything. I'll have to excuse my pair from low luck then to properly respect what you'd like to be low luck---as yes, regretably I broke the pair's chain (not just due to missing internet those months) but as when I did get lucky enough to catch a raffle I entered a couple someone else could handle (if they won). I thought it would have been rude to enter my own coupling -Star/Maui- with no one else there to pay on time or accept baskets during my time of a no-internet haitus (or I would have kept their streak.) I am not by any means asking to have rules bent for me, my situation was unfortunate. xd That's all. Thanks King for holding this raffle and everything! heart  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:31 am
Oh no no its okay xD Im the one with a stick up the a**  

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

Iokabrenna

Tricky Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:09 pm
sad Dats not true. And besides, you're more than right. I'll have many many other chances in both unedit and open. <3 Can't ask for more. whee (And I'll stop talking so people can post and I'm not hollared at ninja *sneaks away*)  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:11 pm
Name, owner, and image of mother: Ithuriel's Hour, owned by Prolixity
User Image
Name, owner, and image of father: Nigel Darkwing, owned by Sylent Nyte, Demy-Stardust, Skye Starrfyre (no rights for Skye & Bulls)
User Image
Clothed Version
Unedit: Nope
Low Luck: Nope~
Co Ownership: Here
What is the Zollverein? -snicker- : No ideaaaa  

Sylent Nyte

Obsessive Lunatic

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:13 pm
Name, image, and owner(s) of mother: Glitter Rock, Meeki and Fatal Irony
User Image
Name, image, and owner(s) of father: Quinntessential, Sylent Nyte
User Image
Unedit?: Yes!
Low Luck?: (must have not previously had children and are trying since DEC) Nope
Co Ownership: Meeki has no rights to a basket: Link is here

What is the Zollverein? -snicker- : Hell if I know XD  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:18 pm
Name, image, and owner(s) of mother: Niele,Owned by Cowwy265
User Image
Name, image, and owner(s) of father: Akuba,owned my Yumitoko
User Image
Unedit?: Please ;D <333
Low Luck?: N/a
Co Ownership:N/a

What is the Zollverein? -snicker- : Wha......????? xp  

pepsi san

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:25 pm
Name, image, and owner(s) of mother: Succubus, owned by Meeki
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Name, image, and owner(s) of father: Wrath, owned by Meeki
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Unedit?: No
Low Luck?: No
Co Ownership: N/A

What is the Zollverein? -snicker- : German customs union established in 1834 under Prussian leadership. It created a free-trade area throughout much of Germany and is often seen as an important step in German reunification.

The movement to create a free-trade zone in Germany received great impetus from economists such as Friedrich List, its most active advocate in early 19th-century Germany. In 1818 Prussia enacted a tariff law abolishing all internal customs dues and announced its willingness to establish free trade with neighbouring states. A decade later Prussia signed the first such pact with Hesse-Darmstadt. In 1828 a customs union was set up in southern Germany by Bavaria and Württemberg, joined in 1829 by the Palatinate; also in 1828 the central German states established a similar union, which included Saxony, the Thuringian states, electoral Hesse, and Nassau. In 1834 these were among the 18 states that joined in the Zollverein. Hanover and Oldenburg joined in 1854; the two Mecklenburgs, Schleswig-Holstein, Lauenburg, and Lübeck joined in 1867; and thereby all Germany outside Austria was included except Hamburg and Bremen, which adhered in 1888, 17 years after the establishment of the German Empire.

Zollverein (Deutscher Zollverein or German Customs Union) had been renewed in 1841 for a term ending December 31, 1853. By 1848 its revenues had steadily increased, and it included most German states, the major exceptions being Austria and those of north-west Germany. Prussia had succeeded to win the full cooperation of the revenue services of the participating states to the extent that the Zollverein machinery was not seriously affected by the events of 1848-49. Moreover, the Zollverein had neither a centralized bureaucracy nor a national public forum that could have become the target of a revolutionary thrust. The budding attempts to make the Zollverein responsive to popular interest in the period before the 1848 revolutions (Vormärz), such as the Heppenheim program of October 1847 whose program included a call for a customs union parliament, were swept away by the revolutionary surge that sought the solution of the German customs problem within the framework of the new constitution for the proposed Reich. Thus the National Assembly at Frankfurt became the forum for customs policy; but debates were hampered by the hitherto unresolved struggle between the free trade and protectionist forces, and its decision for a nationwide customs system remained a hollow achievement, as the constitution it adopted was kleindeutsch in nature (like the Zollverein) and was abortive to boot.

One of the members of the Frankfurt parliament working on the problems was the Austrian businessman Karl Ludwig Bruck, who became Austrian minister of commerce in the fall of 1848 and as such proposed a year later that Austria (including Hungary), the Zollverein, and the north-west German states to be joined into a custom union. To facilitate such an arrangement, Austria was to undertake major reforms, in particular to remove the custom line between Austria and Hungary, to abolish its trade prohibitions, and to revise its tariff. Bruck had with this proposal the modernization of the Austrian economy in mind, but his plan also supported his government's policy of diminishing Prussia's leadership role in Germany. Bruck found an equally astute opponent in Rudolf Delbruck of the Prussian ministry of commerce. Delbruck stonewalled the Austrian proposal, which had obtained a favorable reactions in the south German capitals, and proceeded to persuade Hanover in the fall of 1851 to join the Zollverein by offering extraordinary fiscal and other concessions. This coup drove the south German states back into the arms of the Zollverein, which was duly renewed for a twelve-year period starting January 1, 1854.

In some respect it may appear that the Zollverein emerged structurally more cohesive from the revolutionary period; certainly Prussia's leadership role had been enhanced. Yet the Vörmarz movements for popular participation in trade policy died with the revolution. Also the member governments declined in stature, as Prussia pointedly preempted the decision-making process by entering into unilateral trade agreements with other countries (such as France in 1862) leaving the other Zollverein states no choice but to go along. The Austrian bid for union with the Zollverein resulted in greater economic cooperation, but it also polarized the two German powers over the Zollverein issue by heightening Prussian awareness of its kleindeutsch stake.

The Zollverein remained a highly efficient fiscal tool, but its structure became increasingly less suitable for developing a trade policy commensurate with the growing industrialization of Germany.

Germany's partition proved a major obstacle to the economy of Germany's states and statelets. In Germany, there were 3 currency systems (the Gulden/Kreuzer currency in the south, the Thaler/Groschen currency of Prussia, the Schilling currency of the Hanseatic cities), numerous sets of measurements, too many borders to cross, where custom dues had to be paid.

RAILWAY LINES, technically possible and economically lucrative since Stephenson's invention of the steam locomotive in 1829, the first line in Germany opened between Nürnberg and Fürth in 1835, required economic cooperation. In Germany's politically scattered landscape, railway lines often had to cross political borders. In order to form a network rather than a number of individual lines, standards for the railway gauge were imperative, in order to establish reliable timetables, the local times (which often differed) had to be adjusted, the different sets of measurements proved as an outdated obstacle.

In 1819 Prussia founded the PRUSSIAN CUSTOMS UNION, which by 1828 was joined by Anhalt, Schwarzburg Sondershausen and Hessen-Darmstadt.
In 1828 Saxony, the Thuringian statelets, Hessen-Kassel, Nassau, Frankfurt, Hannover, Braunschweig and Oldenburg founded the CENTRAL GERMAN CUSTOMS UNION; in 1833, the BAVARIAN-WUERTTEMBERGIAN CUSTOMS UNION was established, both unions expressing the political will not to join a union dominated by Prussia.

Yet these unions were too small to create a common market strong enough, left still too many customs barriers inside Germany. So, many of Germany's state governments in 1834 overcame their reluctance and established the GERMAN CUSTOMS UNION (Deutscher Zollverein), which consisted of Prussia, Bavaria, Württemberg, Hessen-Darmstadt, Hessen-Kassel, Saxony and a number of statelets. Customs dues between member states were abolished, a uniform currency for most of the member states, the VEREINSTHALER (in the South the Gulden was used), introduced (1838; previous currencies remained valid; the Vereinsthaler resulted in a standardization of German currencies). Baden and Nassau joined in 1836, Braunschweig and Luxemburg in 1842.

The German Customs Union was an organization established for the purpose of mutual economical benefit. It lacked central institutions and was rather unpolitical in nature. Yet, Prussia, the economy of which was stronger than that of all other members combined, clearly dominated the union; Prussia, through it's leadership in the union challenged Austria's leadership in Germany, as manifested in Austria's presidency in the GERMAN FEDERATION. The German Customs Union, though unpolitical, thus still served a political purpose.

Nuclear railway lines soon growing into a rapidly expanding railway network spurred the development. In 1843 the railway line connecting Cologne (Prussia's Rhine Province) and Antwerp (Belgium) was completed; in 1844 Belgium and the Zollverein concluded a favourable trade agreement (harming Dutch Rhine customs revenues, as Zollverein trade was now diverted from Rotterdam to Antwerp). FRIEDRICH LIST, Germany's leading economic theorist of the time, proposed a national economic policy, including German diplomatic missions, a German trade flag, bilateral treaties between Germany and other countries.

In 1847, the German Zollverein covered most of the German federation, except Austria and the territories of the northwest - Hannover, Oldenburg, Holstein, both Mecklenburgs.

In 1850 the AUSTRO-GERMAN POSTAL UNION was established. In 1857 the Zollverein currency, the Vereinsthaler, was placed on a decimal footing. The Zollverein states and Austria formed the AUSTRO-GERMAN MONETARY UNION, which was to last only until 1866. According to a report from 1862 the Zollverein was using the meter and half kilogram as bases of measurements.

During the revolution of 1848, the Zollverein was paralyzed; public expectation was that an imminent political unification would make it obsolete. In 1866 several medium-size Zollverein members (Bavaria, Hessen-Kassel, Hannover, Nassau) joined Austria in the war against Prussia; after the war, Hannover, Hessen-Kassel and Nassau were annexed by Prussia and the German states located to the North of the Main founded the NORTHERN GERMAN CONFEDERATION.

In 1871, all Zollverein members except the Grand Duchy of Luxemburg and the Dutch province of Limburg had joined the Kaiserreich; the Zollverein continued to exist, now a number of small territories economically being attached to the Kaiserreich. Luxemburg formally left the Zollverein in 1918.

Zollâ‹…verâ‹…ein
  [tsawl-fer-ahyn; Eng. tsawl-fuh-rahyn] Show IPA
–noun
1. (in the 19th century) a union of German states for the maintenance of a uniform tariff on imports from other countries, and of free trading among themselves.
2. any similar union or arrangement between a number of states; customs union.
Origin:
1835–45; < G, equiv. to Zoll custom, duty, tariff + Verein union  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:32 pm
NVM LOL  

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

Lorako

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:32 pm
Meeki's answer eek

Sorry if my question is stupid I just want to be sure to not make mistakes ^^.
If i didn't enter the raffle for my couple during the "gaps" but someone else enter one of my soquili It is ok to enter the low luck ?  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:38 pm
No, sorry, Im sticking with 100% no entries between those gaps, no grays =[ Sorries

Edit: Wow.. Meeki xD  

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:40 pm
King Inversitle
No, sorry, Im sticking with 100% no entries between those gaps, no grays =[ Sorries

YOU ASKED FOR IT. It's NOT MY FAULT. *curls up in a corner and waves a white flag*  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:47 pm
King Inversitle

Ok ^^ and if i didn't have basket right ?
(sorry for all my question i just don't want to put low luck if i don't have the right ^^)  

Lorako

Insane Butterfly

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:04 pm
I have a question, do the co-owners have to approve if the breeding pair are life-mates?  
Breeding Thickets

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff