Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coffee Stains & Crumpled Paper -- A Writers Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for writers of all kinds. 

Tags: writing, prose, poetry, writers, reading 

Reply Roleplay
Dragon Chronicles:Gods of War, and Times of Peace OPEN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:53 am
So that's why he has such strange mana. Delia looked away from him and rubbed massaged her temples with her hands, her head throbbing from her unfocused vision.

"And here I thought that I had a strange life." She said quietly. She looked ahead at where they were going, "We'd better hurry, they didn't seem too pleased with me refusing to go with them."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 am
"Eh, what can they do? Not like they can order me about." Jack yawned, glancing around. "But yeah, we better hurry..." So I can see if you're worth the trouble of training or not. "Come on, it's just down here." He motioned to the side, heading off down a side street. "Should be there in a few minutes."

And then they were there, a large, black square building, the Dragon Military logo hanging above the door. Twin crossed swords, over a dragon's head, along with the words 'vucot ergriff vivex', which when translated means 'Know only victory'.
"Come on...." Jack sighed. "I hope this doesn't take too long." He walked in, nodding to the Dragon at the desk.
"Ah, good day to you two..." The female Dragon spoke with a very happy tone. "What can I do.... oh." The Dragon stopped talking, as Jack pulled his Shadow Corp ID card out.
"Someone wanted me to bring her in... for what, I dunno."
"Ok Sir." The Dragon bowed slightly, her voice trembling. After all, everyone heard of what Reaper could do. "I-I'll just g-go get som-someone to show he-her to the wa-waiting room..." The Dragon walked off, shaking slightly.
"... I wish people would stop being so scared."

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:29 am
Delia looked a the woman incredulously, she was literally shaking in her boots. Sure, Jack was intimidating, but Delia just couldn't bring herself to be scared of him, not after talking to Louise. She snuck a sidelong glance at him, he didn't look the type to be ticklish.

She fiddled with one of the many zippers on her jacket, unable to keep her hands still. She had always been a fidgeter, but mostly only when she was nervous. The building itself was ominous, for all she knew the writing on the sign outside could have said 'beware, we eat humans.' Not that she thought that was what it said, but with that Dragon's head, it was definitely a posibility.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:41 am
Clack clack clack.
"Hmm, sounds like we're getting special treatment." Jack smirked, glancing at Delia. "Whoever is coming, is wearing the Dragon's Special Operations armour. It's lighter, so when they take a step, it doesn't make as much of a noise."
Sure enough, a Dragon is full armour rounded the corner, his face concealed by his helmet. "So, Reaper... what can I do for you?" The Dragon spoke slowly, his voice sounding similar to Jack's.
"Well..." Jack walked forward, rubbing his chin. "You can stand there while I get my own back for that joke with the bath!" Jack laughed, lashing out with his fist at the Dragon... who was sent stumbling backwards after a direct hit to the chin.
The Dragon growled, shaking his head. "No fair Jack! You're not supposed to do that if the other guy has his guard down!" He took off his helmet, revealing pale skin, a small scar under his right eye, blood red hair, tied back much in fashion like Jack's hair, and eyes of a similar colour. "Besides... you only turned purple for a week." He smirked.
"Dammit Drake, I still hate you for it!" Jack laughed, walking forward and giving Drake a hug. "Long time no see buddy!"
"Hell yeah!" Drake grinned, hugging the human back. He then took a step back and looked at Delia. "Ok, so who's this, and why is she here?"

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:53 am
Delia couldn't help but stare at this obvious display of affection by Jack. He really didn't seem the type for hugging. The surprises just kept coming from him. She turned her attention on Drake when he asked about her.

"I'm Delia Rocca, and frankly, I've no idea why I'm here." She said sternly, put off by the fact that no one semed to know why she was supposed to be there.

((Argh, again with the insignificant posts. Let's get to the good stuff so I can control some of the action too.))  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:57 am
Jack didn't look back, but instead mouted something to Drake. 'Test'. Drake's eyes widened slightly, before nodding to Delia. "Alright, follow me then... I'll figure this out as best I can.
He walked away, down a corridor and then opened a door. "You can wait in here until I come back... I'd ask you don't leave, it's a pretty secure area and some of the guys here ain't all that friendly... even more so to Neo-humans."

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:16 am
Delia stepped into the room and immediately Longshot's words echoed in her head. Open it when you're alone. Her hand reached down to her pocket surreptitiously, it was still there. She nodded to Drake, of course she didn't expect everyone to be reasonable towards her, a neo-human. She glanced around at the room, it was windowless and dark, with only a single light. She heard the door click closed softly behind her and she wheeled around.

Her hand reached to her pocket again, but she stopped it. Squinting her left eye shut, the world turned black around her. She could see the wisps of mana in the room, and beyond. THe outline of Drake's figre was walking away from the room, and no one that she could see was coming. Opening her other eye, the four solid walls of the room came back into focus, she pulled the paper out of her pocket and opened it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:24 am
Delia, you wanted in, here's your chance.

Objective 1: Escape the cell without being noticed

Objective 2: Without harming anyone, or being spotted, escape the station

Objective 3: Head to the Shadow Corp building, located on south side of the city (The station is in the north). At this time, you will probably be wanted, stick to the rooftops, or alleys.

Objective 4: Make it onboard one of the shuttles, bound for the Excalibur.

Complete that, and you'll be one step closer to joining.

Mission order - APPROVED - Jack Spirit

"Escape? Here?" Drake looked a little shocked.
"Yeah..." Jack smiled. "She said she wanted to join, so I made a plan. Tell you guys I wanted her arrested and all the info about her. Besides, this is easy to what's next."
Drake shook his head. "Trial by fire?"
"Trial by fire."

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:58 am
((Hehe... Here comes the fun... This post is a long one, I got into it))

She read the note twice, and then a third time for good measure. It didn't come as much of a shock, that this was already the test, Delia was surprised by how calm she felt. Of course they wouldn't do things the obvious way at the Shadow Corp, that's not how the real world worked. The real world sneaks up to bite you on the a**. She folded the paper again and replaced it in her pocket, she couldn't leave that just laying around.

Objective 1: Escape the cell without being noticed

Delia's innitial observation of the cell came back to her. Windowless. They wouldn't make this that easy for her. The rest of the cell was much the same, no openings exept for the door she came through. There was no way she could just waltz out of here though, they were bound to notice that. After inspecting all four walls, she remembered something. The first rule, no one ever looks up.

The ceiling was much the same as the walls, very solid looking cement. That wouldn't be a problem for someone with the strength of a Dragon. She closed her left eye and tried to make out any figures above her from the wispy mana that filled the station. Nothing jumped out at her. Whatever was above her, was empty. She saw others on the same floor level level as her, and she easily picked out Jack with his strange mana use. No one was coming, she could get out quickly.

In the room was a small table and one chair, Delia grabbed the chair and flipped it upside down. She shrugged her jacket off, revealing a fitted, plain white shirt, and wrapped the jacket around the joint where the leg attatched to the body of the chair to muffle the noise. With a quick jerk of her arm, the leg snapped from the chair at an odd angle. Delia took her jacket off of it and inspected the sharp point it had broken into. She placed the chair quietly on the ground and once again made sure no one was coming.

When she was sure that she was in the clear she tied the arms of her jacket around her waist and tucked the broken chair leg under her arm. She grabbed the chair from the ground and placed it on the table, balancing it on three legs. Delia jumped up onto the table quietly and stood on the chair. It rocked and threatened to fall but she managed to keep it steady. She could reach the ceiling now, it was about a foot above her head. She grabbed the chair leg from under her arm and brought the pointed end up to the ceiling.

She dragged it around in a square shape, scoring the cement to a size where she could just fit through. Dust came off as she gouged out the line and she fought back the urge to sneeze. The chair was unsteady under her feet, she had to keep shifting her balance to stay on it. When the line was done Delia replaced the chair leg under her arm and untied the jacket from her waist. She held it up to the square, covering it's surface. She started to put pressure on the square and when she felt it cracking she drew one hand back and thrust it upwards to bring the cement crumbling into her jacket to keep it from hitting the floor. Delia folded her jacket slightly to keep the rubble tucked inside, she jumped down from the chair and then onto the floor, where she dumped the rubble out of her jacket into a neat little pile.

Delia put her dusty jacket back on and looked up at her handiwork. A Rough square was missing from the ceiling, and she was pleased to see that it opened up to a different room, there was no other flooring she had to get through. There was no one in the room, though there was someone near by on the upper floor. Delia used her right eye to look closely at the person, thye didn't seem to have noticed.

She smiled to herself a little bit and stepped back up onto the table, and then the chair. The room above her was dark, but she reached up and hoisted herself up nonetheless.

Objective 1 complete.

It was easy for her to climb into the room, she quickly moved away from the hole in case the integrity of it had been damaged and more flooring starting crumbling. Delia looked around at the room, it was still too dark to see anything and she sighed. No window in here either. She tried to look for the person she had seen up here, they were still at the other side of the floor. Delia looked closer at the mana that floated lazily around the room, it was drifting in odd patterns for the room to be empty.

Delia took a step forward and reached her hand out to where the mana was settling. It came in contact with a rounded thing, tapering slightly as she moved down, connected to a larger, barrel shaped thing. Delia clamped her hand against her mouth to suppress the scream that wanted to come out. It was an arm.

She had taken a quick step backwards, and it didn't move. If it was a person, it would have done something. Delia used this reasoning to move forward once again. It was armour, the same kind Drake had been wearing. She quietly sighed in relief, and then smiled. Delia reached up to where the head would be and found a helmet. It wasn't big, just a small, nondescript thing. Perfect. She took the helmet off of the armour and held it under her arm. She took one last look around the floor of the building, no one was coming yet, and on closer inspection of the next room saw what she needed. A window.

Delia put the helmet on and found the door of the room, she made a mad dash through the hall to the next room, and when she got there she threw open the window. Stick to the rooftops, or alleys. Delia threw herself out of the window the pure feeling of exhileration mixed with the adrenaline already pumping through her veins.

Objective 2 complete.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:10 am
Drake rubbed his nose. "Right, time to go see her I suppose. Not much to say to her but there's nothing happening yet..." He started walking to the cell, while Jack stood, a smile on his face.
If she's good enough, she'll be go-
"DAMMIT! SHE'S GONE!"
Jackpot.
"Get ships in the air! We got a prisoner loose! Stun weapons only!" Drake came running back, frowning. "Damn you Jack, I hope you'll pay for the damn HOLE IN THE CEILING!"
"Hole?" Jack started to laugh. "Sure, just send me the bill! Anyway, I got some work to do, catch ya around." Jack waved over his shoulder as he walked away, grinning. Hmm... this should be fun. Drake's pissed. Things always get good when Drake's pissed. Both kinds of pissed. He couldn't suppress a chuckle, his mind wandering back to the last time Drake had decided to 'have a little drink'.

Within two minutes, Drake was flying over the rooftops, scanning the streets below.
There were Dragons and gunships in all directions. With orders to stun and re-capture. If Jack wanted to use the Dragons for a test, he'd make it REALLY hard. "Come on then... where are you!?"

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:33 am
Delia landed in a crouch on a rooftop below. She flipped the visor of the helmet down to abscure her face and ran to the edge of the roof. It wasn't a far drop to the ground below so Delia jumped. She landed in the alley, glad that the next building over was close enough to hide her in shadow. She only took a moment to gain her bearings, she was in the norht of the city, and wanted to go south. Her mind went back to the flight here, she remembered the spire in the center of the city. If I just follow the spire, I should be going south.

Delia ran to the end of the alleyway where it connected the a main street, careful to stay pressed up against the wall. She looked up at the open sky and saw the spire easily, it was hard to miss. There was an alley on the other side of the street that if she followed it looked like it would take her in the right direction. Without wasting any time. Delia looked around for any police looing for her; she was sure they would have noticed by now, and dashed across the street into the alley.

She didn't stop running through the winding maze of alleys, she always made sure to keep heading towards the spire, and she ducked behind anything she could find when she saw someone. Soon the spire was looming closer and she picked up her pace. She skidded to a stop and dropped into the shadows though when the alley came to an end, opening up into a wide plaza all around the spire. There were people all around the plaza, no alleys, no rooftops. Nowhere to hide.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:39 am
Drake growled. "Where the hell could she be go.... The Shadow Corp Base!" He kicked himself for not seeing it. "All units, this is Alexander! I want all the paths South COVERED with checkpoints, understood? She's heading for the Shadow Corp base! Gunships cover the area surrounding the Spire, and all the paths leading away from it!" Drake snapped his wings to his body, rolling around and heading towards the Spire. "Come on..." He scanned the ground, snapping his wings back to his body and falling towards the ground. He hit hard, pulling his helmet off and flaring him wings out to maximum length. "You're here somewhere girl... just a matter of time."  

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:03 am
((You play dirty... confused But I play dirtier.))

Delia crouched against the wall of the alley, her mind working overtime. The adrenaline was causing her to flinch at every sound. She couldn't just go running through the plaza, she couldn't waste time by doubling back, and she couldn't just sit here waiting for someone to find her.

A shadow fell across the opening of the alley into the plaza, Delia looked up, a ship with the same insignia as the police station on it passed by overhead. She shrank back against the wall as mch as she could and scooted back away from the opening. Her foot hit something that rattled a bit. She looked down, bars covered an opening down to a drain. Sewers. The thought of what was down there didn't occur to Delia, just the fact that she could get under the plaza. Possibly even the whole way to the Shadow Corp Base.

She crouched beside it and looked down, she was slender, she could fit through it. And she doubted that any of the burly dragons could fit down after her. She couldn't tell how far of a drop it was down, but she didn't think it would be too far. Delia grabbed the bars of the drain and pulled, the weren't made specifically to keep people out, so the bars came loose relatively easily. She pulled up just enough of them to fit through, but paused before jumping down.

How would she find her way down there? An idea struck her, she closed her left eye and looked up at the spire. It stood out against the blackness, mana seeping from every inch of it. Of course a magical race would have magical places. She would be able to see it from the sewer perfectly. Delia swung her legs into the drain and grabbed the sides as she slid the rest of her body in. She ended up hanging above the water a ways, it was pitch dark and made darker by the helmet. She let go and fell just a short way into knee deep water, she took the helmet off and dropped it, it floated away. Delia began to run.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:12 am
(( Yeah.... seriously dirtier rofl ))

Jack was whistling as he walked toward the dropships, his mind drifting off. He looked around, seeing most of the dropships where docked, with people taking it easy. Most of the engineers were sleeping. He smiled, it was good to see his soldiers so relaxed. The Shadow Corp may be an elite fighting force, but that didn't mean they had to be assholes. As long as you didn't screw up on the job, did what was asked of you, and made sure that everything you had to do was done, he couldn't give less of a damn what you did.
"Pilots, on me!" He shouted out, chuckling as one of the sleeping engineers jolts upright at the sound of his voice, before scrambling to get stand up on top of the dropship he was sleeping on, and slipping off, landing face first.
"I'm ok... I just broke my nose!" Jack shook his head, but he couldn't stop grinning.
"Sir?" The five pilots were with him now, these were the only ones on stand-by duty at the moment, the rest would be sleep, eating, or otherwise relaxing.
"Ah yeah..." Jack smiled. "I need someone to take me up to the Excalibur... and someone else to wait for another passenger. Delia. She's a Neo, and I need her ferried up."
"To the Excalibur, sir?"
Jack smirked. "No."

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:28 am
Delia cheacked to make sure she was going in the right direction every minute or so, it wasn't hard so long as the tunnel didn't turn. there weren't very many offshoots. It had just been stormwater she had jumped into before, the actual sewer hadn't started until she passed through an opening into a larger tunnel, where there was a ledge to walk on. That had made her nervous, if there was a walkway, that meant it was accesible to other people.

THe spire was eay to keep track of when going towards it, but having to make sure it was directly behind her was a different story. Twice she had slipped on the slimy flooring trying to run whil looking backwards, her wrist was starting to become discoloured where she bent it at an awkward angle. The sewer wasn't completely dark, more grates let in light, but she made sure to pass by those as quickkly as she could.

Delia had already learned to recognize Dragon's by the way mana was around them, it was different than with humans, there was much more. Mana reacted differently with everybody, but the difference between the two races was so obvious to her that when she saw a human she almost didn't recognize it as human. A smile broke out on her face, the only humans in Draconias would have to be with the Shadow Corp. She would be able to get out of this smelly, hot tunnel.

She ran the distance only looking with her right eye, going towards the humans. When she neared them she stopped at the nearest grate up to the surface. The fresh air felt amaxing as she climbed out to the surface. So did the feeling when she saw the Shadow Corp base in front of her.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff