Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Defluffing: Why "I believe, thus it's right for me" is wrong Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:12 pm
saint dreya
Cyrus the Elder
saint dreya
Gho the Girl
Did PrometheanSet leave? ninja
yes, after thoroughly dismissing and demeaning not only the participants, but even those who had no clue of what was going on until he pmed them, he called it quits.
*sighs* no one ever PMs me to demean me these days, I feel so unhated emo
sorry? neutral

Is that a "What the ******** are you talking about" sorry, or a "Erm...sorry...I guess?" sorry? ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:23 pm
Cyrus the Elder
saint dreya
Cyrus the Elder
saint dreya
Gho the Girl
yes, after thoroughly dismissing and demeaning not only the participants, but even those who had no clue of what was going on until he pmed them, he called it quits.
sorry? neutral

Is that a "What the ******** are you talking about" sorry, or a "Erm...sorry...I guess?" sorry? ninja
the latter - i couldn't think up a snarky enough response, such as "well you could always go trolling in ED, make suppositions and not support them"  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Movin on Up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:33 pm
Recursive Paradox
Movin on Up
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai
Movin on Up

I just take the perspective that it works because the gods allow it. If it falls within what they take as acceptable, it works. If not... well, it doesn't work!

Is there more to it than that?
That position really only works if deities are omnipotent. If they aren't, then it's possible for their followers to do things that will work, but are still highly inappropriate.

And what if you don't have deities! *gasps*
Uhm, how would it follow through as a religion? Unless its basically a philosophy or atheism I don't follow.

There are atheistic religions.

LaVeyan Satanism? That's the only one I know of outside of Atheism in a Christian context. One could label it as atheism and nihilism, with a touch of some kind of magic, and common sense phrases. But, when you look at it, that idea of Satanism boils down to a philosophy.

Am I missing something more?

Cyrus the Elder
saint dreya
Gho the Girl

Uhm, isn't that a good thing?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:38 pm
Movin on Up

Cyrus the Elder
saint dreya
Gho the Girl

Uhm, isn't that a good thing?

Not really. I have a reputation to defame! ninja  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:41 pm
Movin on Up
Recursive Paradox

There are atheistic religions.

LaVeyan Satanism? That's the only one I know of outside of Atheism in a Christian context. One could label it as atheism and nihilism, with a touch of some kind of magic, and common sense phrases. But, when you look at it, that idea of Satanism boils down to a philosophy.

Am I missing something more?

Satanism possesses philosophy, members, rituals and beliefs regarding the nature of reality. So it fits the definition of religion.

Etherism is also an atheistic religion, albeit a very new one.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:43 pm
@Everyone:

Do we seriously need to rag on PrometheanSet after he has already left? It's unbelievably disrespectful and discourteous to mock someone when they aren't around.

It certainly doesn't let us retain the moral high ground, no matter how wrong or asinine the person being mocked was. He's still a person and we ought to treat him as one.

For ******** sake people, I expect better from those I respect. >.<

Edit: After talking over it with Celeblin, I'm just going to back off.

I get that people need to vent if someone was really irritating. I just don't like the way it's being done here. I think that the way it's been done here is not a good way. I find it discourteous and that bothers me in people I respect.

But that's just my way of seeing things and I won't push it beyond that.  

Recursive Paradox

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:44 pm
Recursive Paradox
@Everyone:

I take exception to this. I haven't mocked him at all, yet I am one, and a member of the set "every" stare  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:46 pm
Cyrus the Elder
Recursive Paradox
@Everyone:

I take exception to this. I haven't mocked him at all, yet I am one, and a member of the set "every" stare

I interpreted your comments about not receiving hate mail from him as mockery.

It was certainly a joke made at his expense.  

Recursive Paradox

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:54 pm
Recursive Paradox
Cyrus the Elder
Recursive Paradox
@Everyone:

No, more of a general statement of a trend of people getting PM's from people in M&R and here ranting about horrible they are, and no one ever PMing me in such a fashion.

Either way, you really shouldn't assume, it was a joke made in loose reference to him, but not a "mock" in any sense of the word. 3nodding

Slight edit: I'm an a*****e and a massive c**k, but, you know, if anyone's gonna call me out on it, at least call me out on a situation where I actually am being an a*****e and/or c**k ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:28 pm
Cyrus the Elder
Recursive Paradox
Cyrus the Elder
Recursive Paradox
@Everyone:

No, more of a general statement of a trend of people getting PM's from people in M&R and here ranting about horrible they are, and no one ever PMing me in such a fashion.

Okay.

Quote:
Either way, you really shouldn't assume, it was a joke made in loose reference to him, but not a "mock" in any sense of the word. 3nodding

Bolded is key, while he wasn't here to defend himself or enjoy the humor at his expense, while other people were mocking him. That's still contributing to an issue even if you aren't a primary part of it.

But I won't look at you as directly mocking him. You've convinced me of that at least.

Quote:
Slight edit: I'm an a*****e and a massive c**k, but, you know, if anyone's gonna call me out on it, at least call me out on a situation where I actually am being an a*****e and/or c**k ninja

To be entirely fair, that @Everyone was more a way to raise a point and not an accusation leveled at "everyone". After all, everyone includes people who have never posted in this thread and even myself.

Just because the point is raised to you doesn't mean you were part of the issue (even though I still think your actions still contributed, if in a lesser sense)  

Recursive Paradox

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:33 pm
Recursive Paradox

To be entirely fair, that @Everyone was more a way to raise a point and not an accusation leveled at "everyone". After all, everyone includes people who have never posted in this thread and even myself.

Fair enough. Blanket statements just make me twitch ninja

Quote:
Just because the point is raised to you doesn't mean you were part of the issue (even though I still think your actions still contributed, if in a lesser sense)

Well, I'd say whilst my actions may have contributed to the discussion going on, if anything, they actually moved things away from mocking promethean and towards a light-hearted lampooning of myself 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:42 pm
After talking over it with Celeblin, I'm just going to back off.

I get that people need to vent if someone was really irritating. I just don't like the way it's being done here. I think that the way it's been done here is not a good way.

Cyrus the Elder

Fair enough. Blanket statements just make me twitch ninja

It certainly wasn't meant to be. Well beyond the blanket statement that everyone ought to at least hear what I say. *nod*

Quote:

Well, I'd say whilst my actions may have contributed to the discussion going on, if anything, they actually moved things away from mocking promethean and towards a light-hearted lampooning of myself 3nodding

I guess I could see that interpretation. *nod*  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:55 pm
Oh! Do we get to turn this thread into a new and interesting discussion on proper conduct, hypocrisy and mocking?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:59 pm
TeaDidikai
Oh! Do we get to turn this thread into a new and interesting discussion on proper conduct, hypocrisy and mocking?
No, but you can turn it into a thread on cheese. Mostly because I want some right now.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:09 pm
Recursive Paradox
@Everyone:

Do we seriously need to rag on PrometheanSet after he has already left? It's unbelievably disrespectful and discourteous to mock someone when they aren't around.

It certainly doesn't let us retain the moral high ground, no matter how wrong or asinine the person being mocked was. He's still a person and we ought to treat him as one.

For ******** sake people, I expect better from those I respect. >.<

Edit: After talking over it with Celeblin, I'm just going to back off.

I get that people need to vent if someone was really irritating. I just don't like the way it's being done here. I think that the way it's been done here is not a good way. I find it discourteous and that bothers me in people I respect.

*shrugs* Sure, I guess.

Still, he was extremely rude to everyone here. God forbid we make light of it.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff