Submit

Is Abortion Okay??
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

AJsmarty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:31 am
I'm all for abortion. If you're too old, or too young, it wouldn't be safe to have a child and also teens don't have the emotional capacity to raise kids. I hate how the media is making teen pregnancy look cool. (ahem, Secret Life of an american teenager. Ahem, degrassi [tho i luv that show])  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:08 am
I'm for abortion if it's for the right reasons. I myself try to be responsible so that I never have to make a painful decision like that because I would have a hard time living with myself afterwards.

I don't like people who irresponsibly have sex or people who are far into the pregnancy and suddenly change their mind (at that point I believe they should finish and give it for adoption). It's just really sad that there are people out there who do/would abuse abortions and I don't think it can be helped.

I think banning abortions would be a bad idea because you cannot force someone to be a parent. If they do not want to take care of the child, they will likely neglect it and this will damage the child/probably contribute to crime rates and a second generation of irresponsibility and neglect. (Overpopulation is bad too.)  

Samiesha

XHarmony_The_KH_LoverX

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:24 pm
I'm against abortion. I've always been against. How could a mother just kill her UNBORN child like that? If you don't want it, put it up for adoption. Then at least it's got a chance to LIVE!!! If I ever killed a child, or ANYONE OR ANYTHING, for that matter, I could never live with myself.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:40 pm
I don't think abortion is wrong if it's for a reason. If you were a teen who isn't ready to take on the responsibility of a child, than I suppose it's alright. But if you're just a woman who wasn't responsible enough to use a condom, then that's another story.

But I do think, that if you abortion, it needs to be done immediately. After a amount of time, it's no longer an organ, but a baby. If you wait until that time when it becomes a baby to abortion it, I consider it murder.

At that point, you just need to have the baby, and put it up for adoption, no?

They Call Me Homewrecker

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:00 pm
Okay, it completely depends on what the situation is.
Of course, if the woman pregnant is too young, or too old, then I think that of course they should get an abortion for their own safety. We wouldn't want them to die.
Of course, if you're perfectly healthy and at the "right" age, then I don't think you should get rid of your child. Give it up for adoption, but don't just kill it before it has any chance to live. So, yeah, I'm confusing myself a little, but that is how I feel towards abortion. Overall, I'd say I'm against it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm
I don't agree with abortion or adoption. However I think that it should be the woman's choice whether or not she should get an abortion or adopt. I do not think that a woman should be condemned for her choice.  

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:05 pm
What if my mom decided to abort me? =/
That thought is, to me, sufficient enough.

Oh wait.
Teen moms? My previously impoverished aunt had a baby at 16. Her daughter, my fave cousin, grew to be a wonderful woman with three beautiful children. My aunt thought about aborting her but decided against it -- she got a good job, husband, and home, then later had four more kids. Of course, not every teen mom is a stubborn bad a** like my aunt, but that can be over-looked.
Rape? A good friend of mine was conceived by a rapist. She's a sweet-heart and her mom and step-father adore her. Any creeper rapist blood in her is irrelevant. Her mom was going to get an illegal abortion in a dirty alley-way but, at the last minute, she finally listened to God and changed her mind. And guess what? God, despite putting her through the horrible and traumatic trial of rape, blessed her with an amazing daughter. (take a look at my Sexual Assault thread in Life Issues before you give me any BS)
INFERTILITY.How can a woman abuse her gift of child-bearing by inadvertently mocking those who cannot? It disgusts me that a woman will complain and moan about forgetting her birth control and even joke about aborting (or seriously contemplate it) while another will never be able to have children of her own.
ADOPTION. Many infertile women want to adopt in the US. There may be a loving couple out there, very much willing to lift the "burden."
LIFE is a valuable thing. Don't waste it. That unborn child could be Nobel Peace Prize winner. They could discover the cure for the common cold, if not cancer. That child may grow to be a beauty queen or an astronaut or a billionaire or heck, maybe just a burger flipper. In any case, every fetus is meant to develop into a unique, precious human being just like you and I.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:41 am
flauterfli
INFERTILITY.How can a woman abuse her gift of child-bearing by inadvertently mocking those who cannot? It disgusts me that a woman will complain and moan about forgetting her birth control and even joke about aborting (or seriously contemplate it) while another will never be able to have children of her own.

So basically, because I have the ability to spit out kids (even though I'd much rather wouldn't, and it isn't a gift to me at all) I should, because someone else can't?

No thank you. I'm very sorry, but I would rather never have a child than become a mother against my will because some lady I've never met and probably never will meet can't.

Quote:
ADOPTION. Many infertile women want to adopt in the US. There may be a loving couple out there, very much willing to lift the "burden."

Then maybe they should lift the burden off of a child who has yet to be adopted's back, instead of going after the cutesy newborn and leaving the other kid in the adoption system to rot.
The adoption system is flooded. We've got more going in than we have coming out, even with abortion legalized. If a couple wants to adopt, they can adopt a kid who's alive, who's been through hell in the adoption system, and wants nothing more than a loving family and something remotely similar to a normal life.

Quote:
LIFE is a valuable thing. Don't waste it. That unborn child could be Nobel Peace Prize winner. They could discover the cure for the common cold, if not cancer. That child may grow to be a beauty queen or an astronaut or a billionaire or heck, maybe just a burger flipper. In any case, every fetus is meant to develop into a unique, precious human being just like you and I.

Shrieking about the possibilities does not make a valid argument. You're going purely off the extremely small chances that that fetus could develop, be born, and then grow into someone anything but average.

Not to mention, that probability is pretty effectively snatched away when they're put into the adoption system. Many kids put into the system aren't ever adopted, and are kicked out by age eighteen. Many of these children who grow out of the system find themselves incarcerated, on the run from the law, or dead within the first few years on their own.

Also, if my mom had wanted to abort me, but hadn't been able to or had been pressured out of it, and I knew that, I'd feel guilty to be alive.
I'd much rather my mother have aborted me than go through nine months of hell against her will. Why? Because I love my mother. And I wouldn't want to know that the only reason I exist is because she went through months and possibly years, if she kept me, of what would be living hell to her since she didn't want to do it.

Pro-lifers may think they're doing something for life here, that they're being the kind ones, that they're doing good, that the fetus is the only one affected in this argument. But they're wrong.
Just as being forced into an abortion can leave many emotional scars and bring about depression, being forced into giving birth can lead to a depression that the woman may never get over. It could even result in suicide.
How can people who want abortion to be illegal live with this on their conscience? The answer to this question is one I don't believe I will ever know.  

Traumatized Dollie

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:59 am
flauterfli

If my mother had decided to abort me, I wouldn't have been aware of her decision or it happening. =/

flauterfli
Oh wait.
Teen moms? My previously impoverished aunt had a baby at 16. Her daughter, my fave cousin, grew to be a wonderful woman with three beautiful children. My aunt thought about aborting her but decided against it -- she got a good job, husband, and home, then later had four more kids. Of course, not every teen mom is a stubborn bad a** like my aunt, but that can be over-looked.
Rape? A good friend of mine was conceived by a rapist. She's a sweet-heart and her mom and step-father adore her. Any creeper rapist blood in her is irrelevant. Her mom was going to get an illegal abortion in a dirty alley-way but, at the last minute, she finally listened to God and changed her mind. And guess what? God, despite putting her through the horrible and traumatic trial of rape, blessed her with an amazing daughter. (take a look at my Sexual Assault thread in Life Issues before you give me any BS)

One or two women's experiences =/= All women's experiences

It's great that your aunt and your friend's mother were able to have kids despite what happened to them. However, not all rape victims are the same, and some would be unable to carry the child. Similarly, not all teen mothers are in a position where they would be able to take care of the child, or even to be able to safely deliver it. You would not have wanted either of those women to have been forced into having an abortion because of another rape victim or teen mother making that choice, and forcing women to have the child because of your personal experiences is just as bad.

flauterfli

I'm gay. I cannot legally get married in many places, and I can't serve in the army. However, I do not see every divorce or every discharge as someone abusing something I do not have.

flauterfli

There are hundreds of thousands of kids in the adoption system right now. Why not adopt one of them?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:35 am
flauterfli
My mom's actually told me or said it to my dad (I overheard) that she should've gotten an abortion. And you know what? There have been times I've agreed with her or even wished she wouldn've gotten an abortion.

Quote:
Oh wait.
That's great for your aunt, however teens as young as 13-15 can't neccessarily hold a child for 9 months due to their bodies still growing. In other words their body doesn't have the capacity to even keep a fetus alive, which would have resulted in a miscarriage anyways. Hell even children as young as 11 (it does happen) can't even carry a child. So if they child is going to die as the result of a miscarriage then why should they have the child?
Quote:
That's nice however I think what you're greatly neglecting is that many women who are raped suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and other psychological disorders that leave them in great fear of their lives and the lives of their possible children. Now children being born of a rape isn't something that happens often, however it would also bring great traumatic stress to the child knowing that they were the product of a horrible and terrible crime. That does not make them a rapist, however there is such a thing called pattern of behavior that can exist in a child that the picked up from a parent or a friend. Also stranger rape as it's called isn't something that happens a lot, actually the amount of rapes that are committed are usually people the victims actually know. Either they're a friend, friend of family or an actual family member. Also if you actually know ANYTHING about sexual assault the you're familiar with RAINN if not then I suggest you should read up on their statistics :3
Quote:
It's not mocking someone who is infertile. There are some people out there who actually choose to be infertile and don't want children. Also there is a way for an infertile women can have kids...it's called a surrogate mother.
Quote:
Yes, I actually have a friend who was adopted by a "loving couple", and her adoptive mother is actually infertile after having 5 kids of her own. Only problem is both her adoptive parents abused my friend verbally and emotionally. So how do you explain the 50% chance that foster families are abusive?
Quote:

`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -

Oh yes the what if they were this argument. Well what if the fetus was a serial killer? They would die latter on in life, might have been better to get an abortion neutral

Also there are those of us whose parents were actually married when they had kids, but never planned on wanting kids. There are those of us who actually wished our parents would just abort us to spare us from being verbally and emotionally abused.

I'm one of those people neutral

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:42 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I find it amusing how many so called pro-lifers make exceptions for certain fetuses. Not very pro-life, if you ask me. I'm for it, in all cases.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:02 am
Bloody Vaginal Belch
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I find it amusing how many so called pro-lifers make exceptions for certain fetuses. Not very pro-life, if you ask me. I'm for it, in all cases.

User Image
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -

There is a such thing as pro-life, pro-choice. Also you can't really deny abortion in the case of the mother's life being endangered, that would be very not pro-life.

Personally I think pro-life is at least a bit hypocritical.

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

GuiltyDoll

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:57 pm
Well Im actually ok with abortion because it's not killing a person because if it is still in your stomach it is not a human being yet so it's not really "murder".
It's the mothers decision so pressuring someone who is pregnant with YOUR opinions can only make the situation worse.

But If you do have the baby and your not ready for a child,then I think the best would be adoption.You can always see the child,right?

The hardcore pro-abortion people should i think learn a thing or two before sticking a sign that says "ABORTION IS MURDER,SAVE A BABY!" sign in a pregnant girls face.,doing that is like a smack to the face.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:47 pm
My opinion is that abortion is ok. The reason I think it's ok is because you're not killing a person, it's only a zygote or a fetus, not a baby. Yes it's developing into a baby but to say its a baby and call it murder is as stupid as calling a sperm or egg a baby, and men would be mass murderers every time they masturbate and have sex. if those are not babies then how is a fertilized egg a baby? truth is its not. when does the fetus become a baby? I think after 6 months, and they are not considered a person until after they are born.

For those that are against abortion, I really don't care because you don't need to get an abortion if you don't want to and it's none of your business what other women decide to do with their own body. Making abortion illegal does not save lives, it forces women to create lives. I don't believe in adoption, I'd rather abort than put a child through that. I don't give a crap about people that can't have children and want to adopt, there are plenty of kids in foster home that can be adopted, it's selfish to want to take a newborn baby from its mother instead of a kid that has no mother.

If I was raped, had the kid, and gave it for adoption that kid is obviously going to try and fine me when they find out they were given up for adoption. You think I'd be happy if that kid found me, bringing back those terrible memories and then I have to tell them what happened and why I didn't want them? like wtf? no way, thats not fair for me or them. and for teenagers that get pregnant, they shouldn't be punished by having to have the baby just because they made a stupid mistake. Having a kid should not be punishment, that is so stupid. where is the punishment for the men? they don't go through the pain of pregnancy or have to take care of the baby so why should only the girl or woman be punished? You should only have a child if you want one, and the baby should never be given to someone else because that is just wrong. Having a baby is a big responsibility, and it's responsible to have an abortion if you are not ready.

using the excuse that some women use abortion as their only form of birth control is lame. there are always gonna be people that abuse things, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be available for the other people that are more responsible  

Akirapuppy

7,965 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Akirapuppy

7,965 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:23 pm
Some people say this:
1. If you don't want a baby don't have sex - What if I am married? I shouldn't have sex with my husband?
2. If you're married it shouldn't matter if you have a baby or not - Umm, yes it does, to have a better relationship with your husband you should wait at least three years before having kids, and its a fact that couples that do not have kids are more happy. Being married doesn't mean you have to have kids, it's hard raising a brat, it's expensive, and not everyone has the time or money and some people just plain don't want kids!
3. If you have a kid just give it up for adoption - No, I'd never give my child to a family member or a stranger. Ever heard of child abuse?
4. If kids don't know about sex they wouldn't do it - that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. No one needs to teach you about sex for you to know or do it, it's a basic instinct. Who the hell taught the animals? it's natural and a basic instinct!

btw, abortion is the last thing I'd do, but it should always be available as an option because you don't know what kind of situation we woman could be in, and birth control doesn't always work.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff